AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 05:02   Link #4861
Destined_Fate

Wouldn't it be better served that they show it almost last to have those like you stay on with the hope of seeing it soon?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 05:57   Link #4862
susyia

what love triangle?
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 06:03   Link #4863
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
what love triangle?
you serious?

becouse i am surprised that there is person that doesn't know love triangle.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 06:29   Link #4864
Destined_Fate

I think what he meant was who's in the Love Triangle?
Old 2012-09-14, 10:28   Link #4865
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Some more DDR piloting, a love triangle, another 2+ years of waiting for new gundam lineart, sprinkled with a ton of "WTF!?!" and served with a healthy side of "and his/her tears were already frozen..."

*head bang against desk*
...Ugh. Anything but that. But you know, the best part about Deacon's summaries is that I don't have to read this wretched line.

To add to the predictions: more random relations to unimportant side characters (half of them being retconned to fit those), made up people and places that have always been there and are apparently important yet no one ever mentioned in the series, all delivered in a grand package of piffling flashbacks. Because I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them. Of course there will be more Catherines and magic nanomachines as well. Wouldn't be FT without them!

At the very least we'll get pretty artwork. I believe this is the major reason most of us are still paying attention to FT. After all, a suit piloted by Heero has to look pretty dang awesome if it's called "Snow White." ...hopefully.

On a more serious note, do you folks think the next volume of FT will reveal another suit? Perhaps Scheherazade?

Oh and susyia, thanks again for the links to this "Special Operation." Cracked up pretty hard at the guys thinking Quatre was a girl and him going Zero on them afterward. xD
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 12:00   Link #4866
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
On a more serious note, do you folks think the next volume of FT will reveal another suit? Perhaps Scheherazade?
I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal another suit. But Sumizawa has been known to disappoint. The artwork of new characters (even the ones that look ridiculously like old ones) has been nice though.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:18   Link #4867
Eeni

Quote:
what love triangle?
Oud Winner, Troawa Phobos, and Milou Peacecraft

Quote:
At the very least we'll get pretty artwork. I believe this is the major reason most of us are still paying attention to FT. After all, a suit piloted by Heero has to look pretty dang awesome if it's called "Snow White." ...hopefully.
Nope. I'm just here so I can know what I'm making fun of. I gave up on FT after reading the Prologue

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 14:57   Link #4868
susyia

ah this love triangle..... i completly forgot them......i like more preventer 5 than the rest....
IkuzeMinna can you understand what they sayng? i don't understand japanese but is funny hearing their voices
oh boy poor quatre even the authors make fun of him .... i'm the only one who think quatre is manly in his way
Old 2012-09-16, 04:46   Link #4869
LadyRelena

Okay, I've been somewhat confused for the last year and a half about FT. I was under the impression that this novel was just an experiment to see if the creator could milk a dead sires. However, I've been seeing FT stuff popping up in lots of places and it seems to be gaining in popularity somewhat. I'm starting to suspect that it may be - dare I say - "actual cannon" in the GW universe. Was I wrong to think experimental fanfiction =/= official squeal? I sincerely hope we can disregard this as canon to GW.

Last edited by LadyRelena; 2012-09-16 at 05:04.
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 06:03   Link #4870
Destined_Fate

I just want to see what the rest of the Gundams look like since the story isn't really that appealing.
Old 2012-09-16, 08:50   Link #4871
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I've solved the problem with Frozen Teardrop and the Relena and Heero issues.

Blame everything on Zechs. He shot down Heero thus leading to the fateful encounter with Relena!

そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:27   Link #4872
Destined_Fate

Wouldn't you have to blame the guys that gave him the means to do that though? So basically it's all the fault of the first caveman and woman. Had they not got it on and evolved there would be no FT.
Old 2012-09-16, 11:26   Link #4873
susyia

i blame sumisawa .....
Old 2012-09-16, 18:41   Link #4874
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Nope. I'm just here so I can know what I'm making fun of. I gave up on FT after reading the Prologue
I really like you, you know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal another suit. But Sumizawa has been known to disappoint. The artwork of new characters (even the ones that look ridiculously like old ones) has been nice though.
Certainly. But that was one odd revealing, wasn't it? After teasing us with cloaked Jedi suits for a good year, we get one on a volume cover, and Prometheus of all suits... I get the feeling he chose that one because it's still incomplete at this point so he can still spring the final version on us.

Quote:
oh boy poor quatre even the authors make fun of him .... i'm the only one who think quatre is manly in his way
Quatre is manly, he's simply gentle-manly. When he's not blasting colonies with Wing Zero, that is.

Japan aside, I guess people just have kneejerk reactions when it comes to a man showing his tears and wearing a pink shirt. Though I must be an oddball because Quatre's shirt and vest, heck, his outfit in general reminds me more of rich people, who play tennis and wear sweaters tied around their necks, than homosexuals. *shrug*
And I think the authors made fun of him having 29 sisters rather than his mannerisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
Okay, I've been somewhat confused for the last year and a half about FT. I was under the impression that this novel was just an experiment to see if the creator could milk a dead series. However, I've been seeing FT stuff popping up in lots of places and it seems to be gaining in popularity somewhat. I'm starting to suspect that it may be - dare I say - "actual canon" in the GW universe. Was I wrong to think experimental fanfiction =/= official sequel? I sincerely hope we can disregard this as canon to GW.
If you wish to disregard it, then do so. Even if it were to be animated and set in stone that this is GW's continuation, you can still say you're a fan of the former but not the latter. I really see no problem with that. It's your personal preference.
As of now, FT may hold more credentials than other additions to the GW universe since it's written by the head writer (as hard as it is to believe that) but for Bandai/Sunrise it's not canon as long as it's not animated.
And to be honest, I'm not sure if FT is really that popular. Most of the West probably doesn't even know about it still and after an initial bout of Heero battle-nun pics, Pixiv doesn't seem too flooded either. I could of course be mistaken but thinking back on how entire shelves were dedicated to only 1x2 yaoi doujin (which Garfield only knows came from, since the show never dropped so much as a hint toward that), FT seems to be doing modestly in comparison.
Personally, I'm interested to know if the people who buy the books are GW fans or just casual readers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your understanding of the novel won't suffer much if you haven't watched the series. Who knows, it might even make it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So basically it's all the fault of the first caveman and woman. Had they not got it on and evolved there would be no FT.
Just as there would be no GW. Let's not go that far, shall we? Just smack the guy who prints this.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 20:56   Link #4875
DuoRanger
Banned

well here's a joke resume about the Wing5 relationships

Spoiler:
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:45   Link #4876
FalsePrime

I can't say I've really noticed Frozen Teardrop gaining traction, I do think that Early Types are getting more and more popular though.

As it stands Endless Waltz designs, Wing Zero EW in particular have always been much more popular then the TV versions, but that didn't apply to the early types. However since Frozen Teardrop, Glory, and the MG's I really do think that Early Types have caught up and maybe even taken over for Wing/Scythe/Rock/Arms/Shenlong.

Wether Frozen Teardrop will end up being popular will likely depend on the ending, even Unicorn was met with alot of resistance in the early stages. Thing is even if the writing was amazing (it's not) the format and presentatiion has been uniformly bad. The skipping has made it so the story has almost no flow or full on progression and it's really bad that even if you follow it you realize that we have actually had very little time pass since the start of the Novel and where the characters are in "present" time.

I don't think Frozen Teardrop has any chance at a Unicorn level of Success, I do think however it has a shot to do better/become more popular then we few are giving it credit for if they can pull of some truly amazing suit designs and the story picks up in a major way now that Preventer 5 is over.

Not all that interested in it, but that doesn't mean others might not be. Hated OO and SEED Destiny and people loved the hell out of them.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 03:39   Link #4877
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I've solved the problem with Frozen Teardrop and the Relena and Heero issues.

Blame everything on Zechs. He shot down Heero thus leading to the fateful encounter with Relena!

Quote:
i blame sumisawa .....
I blame Odin Lowe, if he hadn't had killed the original Heero Yuy, none of the story would have happened. It's also nice to blame Sumizawa, but we can't forget to blame whomever it was at ACE that allowed this script not only to see the light of day but be published!

Quote:
I really like you, you know that.
OMG! I have an internet stalker! I need to change my name and address now! I need a responsible adult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Wether Frozen Teardrop will end up being popular will likely depend on the ending, even Unicorn was met with alot of resistance in the early stages. Thing is even if the writing was amazing (it's not) the format and presentatiion has been uniformly bad. The skipping has made it so the story has almost no flow or full on progression and it's really bad that even if you follow it you realize that we have actually had very little time pass since the start of the Novel and where the characters are in "present" time.

I don't think Frozen Teardrop has any chance at a Unicorn level of Success, I do think however it has a shot to do better/become more popular then we few are giving it credit for if they can pull of some truly amazing suit designs and the story picks up in a major way now that Preventer 5 is over.

Not all that interested in it, but that doesn't mean others might not be. Hated OO and SEED Destiny and people loved the hell out of them.
I disagree. The suits and pretty drawings can be as great as you want, but if the story sucks balls then you're not getting many fans. And so far, this story has been lackluster, highly confusing, and hilariously ridiculous along the way (I still giggle at cross dressing Dok S, brings a tear to my eye every time).

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 15:21   Link #4878
FalsePrime

Quote:
I blame Odin Lowe, if he hadn't had killed the original Heero Yuy, none of the story would have happened. It's also nice to blame Sumizawa, but we can't forget to blame whomever it was at ACE that allowed this script not only to see the light of day but be published!

OMG! I have an internet stalker! I need to change my name and address now! I need a responsible adult!

I disagree. The suits and pretty drawings can be as great as you want, but if the story sucks balls then you're not getting many fans. And so far, this story has been lackluster, highly confusing, and hilariously ridiculous along the way (I still giggle at cross dressing Dok S, brings a tear to my eye every time).
In my mind you just discribed SEED Destiny as well. Lets not forget that while SEED Destiny has alot of haters even in Japan it is also hugely popular yet the story is even worse then Frozen Teardops and the characters are some of the worst this meta verse has ever had.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 00:15   Link #4879
Se7en Sabers

I didn't read any Frozen Tear's novels but can someone summaries the story ?
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 01:42   Link #4880
LadyRelena

Quote:
If you wish to disregard it, then do so. Even if it were to be animated and set in stone that this is GW's continuation, you can still say you're a fan of the former but not the latter. I really see no problem with that. It's your personal preference.
As of now, FT may hold more credentials than other additions to the GW universe since it's written by the head writer (as hard as it is to believe that) but for Bandai/Sunrise it's not canon as long as it's not animated.
And to be honest, I'm not sure if FT is really that popular. Most of the West probably doesn't even know about it still and after an initial bout of Heero battle-nun pics, Pixiv doesn't seem too flooded either. I could of course be mistaken but thinking back on how entire shelves were dedicated to only 1x2 yaoi doujin (which Garfield only knows came from, since the show never dropped so much as a hint toward that), FT seems to be doing modestly in comparison.
Personally, I'm interested to know if the people who buy the books are GW fans or just casual readers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your understanding of the novel won't suffer much if you haven't watched the series. Who knows, it might even make it easier.
Well, the only reason FT's officiality bothers me is because I don't want this sires to end up like George Lucas and his Star Wars fiasco. If FT were made official tomorrow, we're basically being forced by the creators to see this story as true in the universe; meaning both GW and FT would be equally valid as if one were just a seamless extension of the other. When creators of media try to shove that sort of crap down the collective throats of their fans, not only does it poison the proverbial well for the sires and it's entirety, but it insults our intelligence in the process.

Also, my fear is, if Frozen Teardrop gains enough of a fanbase behind it, it's canonization could come to fruition. And that angers me for the reasons stated above.

Quote:
how entire shelves were dedicated to only 1x2 yaoi doujin (which Garfield only knows came from, since the show never dropped so much as a hint toward that)
I know I'm going off topic here but you have no idea how reassuring it makes me feel that someone else sees how utterly crack 1x2 really are. When I started seeing doujinshi of them popping up everywhere in the 90's, the first thing I said to myself was "Where the fuck did this come from?"

Last edited by LadyRelena; 2012-09-18 at 02:09.
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing