AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-15, 21:31   Link #1181
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Yes, Cross of Venus. Besides Aleister, there's also Mikoto (hidden playable character) and Accelerator (another hidden boss).
Old 2009-12-15, 21:55   Link #1182
Miraluka
Banned

Accelerator?, I have no idea how they are going to defeat him...
Old 2009-12-15, 22:42   Link #1183
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
again..........

I'm not sure about this but the book of methods that can't be decipher is somehow inside index or rather a copy? or they make her read it? But it looks like the original is in Roman Orthodoxy in use for war purposes.. The diabolism books inside her is the book itself. And its undecipherable book. ...............
So how come index has lot's of knowledge about the magic if the books inside her can't be read? I'm confused. And somehow the someone can read it and its ursula.... correct me here if I'm wrong kinda confusing.
You are making assumptions.

First there is no proof that Liber Al vel Legis is an original grimore.
Second, Index have somethign stored in her head doesn't mean she understand it, plus Index never has the real book inside her, all the Grimores in her are just copy and paste. Last, it has been hinted that the content of Liber Al vel Legis is likely to be soemthing completly different from what people believe it is.
Old 2009-12-16, 01:08   Link #1184
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
EDIT:

reading vol 07

Let me correct about ( eiwasu ) or Aiwass. His not some type of archangel but rather the guardian angel that somehow been summed by Crowley and I'm not sure if its been summoned by the aid of the book of methods. The book itself is mystical and can't be read except for ursula aquinas.
True, except it's called the "Book of Law".

Even in the original Book of Law, in our real world, Aiwass is said to be an angel summoned by Aleister.

Quote:
EDIT:

again..........

I'm not sure about this but the book of methods that can't be decipher is somehow inside index or rather a copy? or they make her read it? But it looks like the original is in Roman Orthodoxy in use for war purposes.. The diabolism books inside her is the book itself. And its undecipherable book. ...............
So how come index has lot's of knowledge about the magic if the books inside her can't be read? I'm confused. And somehow the someone can read it and its ursula.... correct me here if I'm wrong kinda confusing.
OKay here's the thing; In the toaru universe, the Book of Law does exist, and yes Index has the copy of it in her head though the original is said to be with the Roman Catholics. And yes, no even Index can decode it, all of the information she has about the book is basically what others have known about it, and not the actual content of the book.

The book is said to have a spell that can summon an angel, as we all know Angels are freaking unstoppable, though some speculate that it might not literally be an Angel, the general agreement is that it contains great power. But here's the problem, Aleister has written it in a code that no one to this day has been able to break, so nobody can use it at all. In addition, it is said that when the book is decoded "the age of christianity will end".

Yes, Ursula is said to have cracked the coded...

Quote:
EDIT:

again.........

Now I'm confused the book of method isn't in vatican library but in a museum in japan due to attracting followers?
...Huh? I don't remember that part
Old 2009-12-16, 01:36   Link #1185
tsunade666

I'm making assumptions because I can't read it directly. I can't read Japanese so I'm stuck with translating software.

Right now I'm still in the beginning where style took index ..... maika said kidnap but to touma when he saw the letter or is it card behind. He said to maika not to worry because its most likely and acquaintance of both of them. Also I'm not sure about if its tsuchimikado maika because when its translated it turns into minatsu. But their is no one beside her that index's been talking with..... about housemaids. Index and her rumbling imagination of a maid.

If you don't remember it then maybe I read it wrong.
Its in the first part when style said that the vatican library's guard are so strict its like a wall. That no one can pass. But then laura said that its not in the vatican library. To hold an international exhibition the roman orthodoxy transport the book on a museum in japan.
I'll just copy the translation that I got.... its hard for me to understand it all myself.
Quote:
. It is in remark [yaru] and Rome when "Son of God" went up while bleeding and "Holy the stairs" of the [raterano] temple of Confusius :. |《 why 》 in general why, it open to the public, and ? ..no translation doesn't know... 」
There is a thing that the church opens the article in in history and the Bible to the public once every several years.
Reason is easy, and 'Attraction' to take up a collection from a lot of believers, and to put recruitment of the new believer Because the Rome orthodoxy lost a war potential maximum level 'Choir of Gregorian' made from the large number of men in which 3000 people are passed, I try to acquire a lot of power from all districts such as the design of the new art type and the reinforcement of the number of men even a little.
can someone correct on what's wrong with it,
Old 2009-12-16, 01:57   Link #1186
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Right now I'm still in the beginning where style took index ..... maika said kidnap but to touma when he saw the letter or is it card behind. He said to maika not to worry because its most likely and acquaintance of both of them. Also I'm not sure about if its tsuchimikado maika because when its translated it turns into minatsu. But their is no one beside her that index's been talking with..... about housemaids. Index and her rumbling imagination of a maid.
Yup, it's Tsuchimikado's step sister Maika Lol, I loved that scene

Spoiler:

Quote:
If you don't remember it then maybe I read it wrong.
Its in the first part when style said that the vatican library's guard are so strict its like a wall. That no one can pass. But then laura said that its not in the vatican library. To hold an international exhibition the roman orthodoxy transport the book on a museum in japan.
I'll just copy the translation that I got.... its hard for me to understand it all myself.
Hmm, I don't have the book with me atm, but now that you've mentioned it, I do recall something vaguely like that.

Which would explain how the Amakusa were able to steal it...
Old 2009-12-16, 02:16   Link #1187
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Yes, Cross of Venus. Besides Aleister, there's also Mikoto (hidden playable character) and Accelerator (another hidden boss).
Is that... Even fair ?

Still, it doesn't make sense for them to have Aleister fighting as a boss, Accelerator I can understand, but not Aleister... Besides, it's not like there is a shortage of bosses to be used...

...Perhaps 'Misha' ? Or Evil Index?
Old 2009-12-16, 02:52   Link #1188
tsunade666

Just to show touma's not interested in LOVE. Well its kinda twisted or distorted love.
btw can someone repost the age of the characters. specially index. I think style is still 14 right? but heck he looks 20+ and its sweet to remember that itsuwa is 16 and kaori is 18.... correct me if I'm wrong. And the other major characters plus the harem of touma and touma himself.

EDIT:

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first time index meet styl with her current memories that's not been erased? well that explains her hostile attitude to him.
Old 2009-12-16, 03:24   Link #1189
Kunagisa

Super unrelated to everything but I must butt in for this picture

Spoiler for One super size Volume 19 picture:

Yes I realized book was released like over a month ago but I've been reading other stuff instead still ...
ACCELERATOR IS SO BADASS.
Old 2009-12-16, 07:33   Link #1190
tsunade666

Which reminds me that the boy that touma punch on vol 5 was a member of GROUP.
But the question here is that boy use the same weapon as that guy that touma punch. The obsidian knife that reflects the light of venus? Is that guy also a magician? The original?
Old 2009-12-16, 10:11   Link #1191
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is that... Even fair ?

Still, it doesn't make sense for them to have Aleister fighting as a boss, Accelerator I can understand, but not Aleister... Besides, it's not like there is a shortage of bosses to be used...

...Perhaps 'Misha' ? Or Evil Index?
Well, it's post-injury Accelerator. It's impossible to beat him the first time through, but after that, you could go find a jammer and use it to temporarily disable his powers.
Back then, it wasn't so surprising for me to see Aleister as a boss, since I wasn't really up-to-date with the novels at that time, and I really thought he would get out of his tank.

And about volume 7:

The Roman church needs to show some new relics to the public every once in a while in order to attract new followers and convince people to donate, especially after the loss of their Gregorian Chant. Otherwise, if they don't show something new every once in a while, people would just think "that's all they have?". And the best place to gain new followers is a place where there are very few of them, and Japan satisfies this criteria. The Book of the Law was transported to a museum in Japan for this purpose.

And yes, Ursula appears to be able to decipher it early on in the volume, but later.....
Old 2009-12-16, 11:06   Link #1192
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I haven't been reading novel for some times and it seems there is a lot of relevation at vol 19.
I should start reading it soon. Just a question, Ursula is one of the church nun right? Does she has some kind of super intelligence or some other ability that make her able to decipher the book of law?

and a little out or topic, is there any other game beside cross of venus that feature TAMNI characters? I kinda wonder why they haven't put out a fighting game based on TAMNI considering the number of fighting based doujin games of similar genre series lol.
Old 2009-12-16, 12:05   Link #1193
tsunade666

to hell with touma's bad luck!

For ursula. What can I say slow? timid? with the whole body covered to the point I didn't recognize that she is ursula already. I though that she is blond but due to the point that you can't get a glimpse on her is bad. She is slow that after asking for direction on touma and going in the bus.... came back to ask again... and again to the point that the bus driver close the door.... and she expect to have a free ride.... she doesn't have any money that leads to the poor guy accompanying him.

And theirs Ainieze. She is modest type and can be also called shy or rather she is nervous in front of touma.... the heck with his bad luck. He just saw a glimpse of paradise. And her skirt is so short that a flutter of wind will make show you a glimpse of frills design paradise.
Old 2009-12-16, 12:59   Link #1194
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Thanks for the answer.
Old 2009-12-16, 19:25   Link #1195
BlueDo

Quote:
Which reminds me that the boy that touma punch on vol 5 was a member of GROUP.
But the question here is that boy use the same weapon as that guy that touma punch. The obsidian knife that reflects the light of venus? Is that guy also a magician? The original?
Yes, it's the impersonator.
Read the wiki article about him... (Etzali/Unabara Mitsuki)
Old 2009-12-16, 19:54   Link #1196
kyukyun

Ahh, GROUP is back again! \o/
Old 2009-12-16, 21:33   Link #1197
tsunade666

So the impersonator is a real member of GROUP I thought that the wimpy looking original is the member which I think is impossible due to him that looks a lot like wimp. Well that explain why he use the same weapon that attack touma because his the same person.

Real name Quetzal
Old 2009-12-16, 21:47   Link #1198
Overture

Man all this talk about Christianity ahahaha. The author should add Islam factions, that would be so awesome.
Old 2009-12-17, 05:44   Link #1199
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I should start reading it soon. Just a question, Ursula is one of the church nun right? Does she has some kind of super intelligence or some other ability that make her able to decipher the book of law?
With as little spoilers as possible, the short answer is no. Ursula is a relatively normal girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overture View Post
Man all this talk about Christianity ahahaha. The author should add Islam factions, that would be so awesome.
Not impossible imo, i too hope this would happen after the current arc... Seeing how Islam and Christianity share many similarities... Particularly the angels.
Old 2009-12-17, 05:56   Link #1200
tsunade666

Is their also angels on islam? I like the idea of islams that its okay for polygamy. Touma should convert into one if he will pick a religion but still he should stick with his current side. The science side. And islam has holy war which the current situation shows too many war.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen