AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-28, 09:14   Link #301
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The anime will be watertened of violence and ecchi compared to the manga ?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 09:49   Link #302
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I would prefer to use my more honest style of writing but I'm afraid of Skyfall so I will hold back. Feel free to neg-rep me for this but at least leave your name.

edit:
Quote:
I would expect of others to stay on topic and not to make posts with the only intention of making a rant. Don't feel like leaving a name to someone that openly admits to get angry about a one line post either.
That's a neg rep I got for this post. I seems that you're preferring to stay in the shadows and hurl insults at me for saying the truth loud. Sir, that's a very sad attitude and the only reason why you actually had the guts to do it was because you could cowardly do it anonymously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I read the manga - it's crap.
Without regards to MrTerrorist's trollbait post please include why you're thinking it's crap. Everyone can stomp into whatever thread, call the show/manga crap and then disappear again. I mean you're free to think whatever you want about the manga but you (and also everyone else with the same line of thinking) surely can spend a few seconds to think before clicking the send button if you want your post to be useless spam or to actually include some content. Obviously you chose the former option this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Major need to chill out. Read Skyfall's post again and just accept those type of posts. If you hate it so much, just IGNORE it. The only one really trolling is you when they are talking about the series while you are just dealing out threats on their opinions.
That's the absolute favourite reply of people who simply don't understand that their post might will annoy the majority of people in the thread and who clearly post in the thread while exactly knowing it. Considering the source you simply have the wrong idea about this show if you prefer a watered down version. Also you're known for ranting about basically everything and seem to take some pride in it () but newsflash, comments like this aren't enjoyable for a lot of us and telling other to ignore it certainly doesn't help but actually is more ignorance on your part. Surely KiNA exaggerated quite a bit in his post but you can't expect others to ignore this type of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The anime will be watertened of violence and ecchi compared to the manga ?
Most likely but the trailer actually manages to include the fanservice pretty well so there is some hope that the rest of the show will keep this level of quality.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2010-05-31 at 12:59.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 14:02   Link #303
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Mika of course. Soundtrack Dissonance ftw
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 18:11   Link #304
NoLongerSane

The anime looks very promising. My concern would be on how much of the story will be similarly based on the manga before it gets to the point that there might be some anime original material let into it.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 17:33   Link #305
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
The anime looks very promising. My concern would be on how much of the story will be similarly based on the manga before it gets to the point that there might be some anime original material let into it.
It depends on how many seasons or cours the anime will run.

If it's for a single season of 12 / 13 episodes, then chances are that most of the storyline will head toward an anime-original route. Else if it's for two seasons summing in total 24 or 26 episodes, then likely from the first half to before the last quarter of episodes the storyline will be adapted from all the manga volumes released so far, and the anime will aim for an original ending.

These are just personal speculations given that the manga has been on hiatus for quite a few times.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 14:18   Link #306
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

1. Special showing of the first episode on 6/27

2. Airing days have been released. Fastest airing is 7/5 AT-X at 11:30. For people in NA, that's the night time of Sunday 4th, I believe.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 19:18   Link #307
OkamiNoKaze

Oddly enough 11:30 is probably when I'll end up watching this, just on different day,
Old 2010-06-02, 01:46   Link #308
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Ok, this is in uncensored version like other AT-X shows such as Ikkitousen and Queen's Blade-like ?
Old 2010-06-02, 03:29   Link #309
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
2. Airing days have been released. Fastest airing is 7/5 AT-X at 11:30. For people in NA, that's the night time of Sunday 4th, I believe.
Assuming that's 11:30am in Japan, it's 9:30pm Central Time on the 4th (7:30 Pacific, 10:30 Eastern) for those in the US/Canada, since Japan (or at least Tokyo) is 14hrs ahead of CDT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Ok, this is in uncensored version like other AT-X shows such as Ikkitousen and Queen's Blade-like ?
From what I remember of the manga (stopped reading it after the hiatus and haven't read it since), it's nowhere near the omnipresent nipples/sex play kind of fanservice anime like the two series you mentioned, as it is a panty shot/Gainaxing/unrealistic female body kind (apparently one of the requirements for surviving in a zombie apocalypse is breasts that are unexpectedly large for a Japanese schoolgirl). There is the obligatory bath scene/chapter, with all the nudity you'd expect, but that's pretty much it, and it really does seem "obligatory" in an "okay, you've seen their tits now, so let's get back to the zombie-killing" way. It's just the art style that looks like a well-drawn hentai, not the subject matter. Of course that may change.

What there is is a crapload of gore. Eastern audiences seem to be more averse to that kind of thing than the West is (and vice versa), so you may have some of that (and the panty shots) edited out of the terrestrial showings, with some steam on the bath episode.
Old 2010-06-03, 02:43   Link #310
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Well let's just be honest, this title does not pull punches. There will be graphic violence, gore, adult themes, sexual content and nudity. There is absolutely zero graphic sexual content (the closest in the manga are two very short scenes and both are more creepy than erotic which I will not mention because they're relatively important to the story and spoilerish), but there are plenty of moments for the eye to be amazed at how scantily clad and large breasted the women can be. Apparently bras don't exist in Zombieland.

Personally I expect some very odd and random censorship (as in "you censored this but not this? Heh.")

On the other hand, zombies. Stay for the zombies, enjoy the rest or damn it as you please. The boobs stop being obvious flotation devices after a while anyway, but the zombie violence is forever. And Twinkies.
Old 2010-06-03, 04:57   Link #311
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Personally I expect some very odd and random censorship
Hopefully not the gun pron, it's one of the story's fortes
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 03:25   Link #312
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hopefully not the gun pron, it's one of the story's fortes
Without the gun pron, there would be no need for Kohta. And honestly, without him, what's the point?
Old 2010-06-04, 10:34   Link #313
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

When the anime version of Highschool of the Dead will be licensed in France at the time of broadcast simulcast (that is normal since the manga is licensed in France 1 year ago), I'd be very, very surprised.
Old 2010-06-04, 11:06   Link #314
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

I can imagine HotD without Kouta. It'd be Shaun of the Dead with tougher zombies and bigger boobies >_>
Circlebutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 16:29   Link #315
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Shaun of the Dead was about a failure of a man who gets a tougher ballsack and have to deal with his family and friend problems during a zombie apocalypse, with a lot of british humor. Highschool of the Dead is about a group of highschoolers trying to stick together and make it through. I fail to see how they would be remotely similar with Kouta out of HoTD.
Old 2010-06-05, 00:03   Link #316
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
I can imagine HotD without Kouta. It'd be Shaun of the Dead with tougher zombies and bigger boobies >_>
HotD without Kouta would just be your average boring, wangsty zombie flick with more fanservice and less firepower. It wouldn't be worth the time spent reading it. I can't agree with your argument because, quite frankly, Kouta is the Shaun character...

Plus Kouta's got to be the only combination author-insert/homage in the history of ever. That's worth something.

Scratch that. There is every Tarantino role ever.
Old 2010-06-05, 09:20   Link #317
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The summer 2010 season says than many anime on the same style as HotD is J-rock or Visual Kei.
Old 2010-06-11, 07:06   Link #318
Katapan
俺様祭り

OP: Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets
ED: Kurosaki Maon

Hardly anything is known about the two, they're both debuting with the HOTD singles.
Ohh no, MisaoFan, the songs aren't by OLDCODEX.
Old 2010-06-11, 08:00   Link #319
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
OP: Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets
Is it normal if I get a bunch of Touhou remixes when I entered their names in youtube? I DO have some of their touhou covers.

Nuclear Fusion - Reuji Utsuho's theme from Subterranean Animism

Locked Girl - Patchouli Knowledge's theme from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

Border of Life - Yuyuko Saigyouji's theme from Perfect Cherry Blossom

Faith is for Transcient People - Sanae Kochiya's theme from Mountain of Faith

Riverside View Higan Retour - Komachi Onozuka's theme from Phantasmagoria of Flower View. (my personal favorite of them, I use it as phone alarm clock)

Last edited by Sheba; 2010-06-11 at 08:12.
Old 2010-06-11, 08:31   Link #320
konart

Maon Kurosaki's Geneon site with HotD single announcement:

http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondor...x00020000.html

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse