AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-10, 08:18   Link #2221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And xbox fans wonder why people pick apart and second guessing everything microsoft say...>_>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 08:19   Link #2222
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

So that's what they meant when they said "while stock lasts" before.

The new Playstation ads blows everything the Xbone has out of the water. I couldn't believe my friends who still hesitate about buying the PS4 even when I tried to convinced him decided to add both the PS4 and Vita into his buying plan just because of the new ad .
Old 2013-09-10, 08:52   Link #2223
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Even with the mention of "while stocks last", it was a cop out.
The original offer stated clearly "EVERY pre-order done", without any damn mention of the day one edition.
So you might think that as long as there is still that bundle offer, any xbone would be fine, but no, you have this clarification that 1 month later.
Old 2013-09-10, 08:57   Link #2224
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

The new Playstation ads blows everything the Xbone has out of the water. I couldn't believe my friends who still hesitate about buying the PS4 even when I tried to convinced him decided to add both the PS4 and Vita into his buying plan just because of the new ad .
I am still waiting if the Vita and PS4 bundle is confirmed true. Then I will preorder immediately, rather than preorder now and go head face into launch day Chaos. People get stab for gaming systems you know.

As for the Xbox 1, they have already turned me off. The only thing remotely interesting is Halo 5 and Titanfall, but I can get Titanfall on PC. As well Halo 5 being announce so early that I am sure it will have bugs and other problems when it launch. Am I really going to expect Halo 5 with less than a year after Halo 4 was launch is expecting to be ready at 2014. That is 2 years for Halo 5 while Halo 4 took 3 years and several months to produce.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 10:20   Link #2225
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I thought it was a good ad, and for some reason better than the original one.

But I never thought it was "Totally sold me!" kind of good
Old 2013-09-10, 10:21   Link #2226
Westlo
Lets be reality

The thought of Japanese students going crazy over Killzone... that shit was #dead.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 10:36   Link #2227
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I didn't even look at that aspect, though. I just see all the feature those things could do smoothly.

I'm already sold at the recording and uploading feature alongside with live streaming via twitch anyway. No more setting up camera and all the shits for fighting game tournament. Now the only thing I need is the console, and a good internet connection.
Old 2013-09-11, 04:44   Link #2228
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tokyo Game Show line-up for Microsoft

Xbox One

Crimson Dragon (Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft)
Killer Instinct (Microsoft)
Kinect Sports Rivals (Microsoft)
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Microsoft)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Microsoft)
Titanfall (EA)

Xbox 360

Armored Core: Verdict Day (From Software)
Bandfust: Rock Legends (Hamster)
Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (Sega)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (Konami)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD Edition (Konami)
Constant C (Mages)
Deadfall Adventures (Intergrow)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (Tecmo Koei)
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Namco Bandai)
Fable Anniversary (Microsoft)
F1 2013 (Codemasters)
FIFA 14 (EA)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
NBA 2K14 (2K Games)
Painkiller: Hell and Damnation (Intergrow)
Phantom Breaker: Extra (Mages)
Rocksmith 2014 (Ubisoft)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
Strider (Capcom)
World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (Tecmo Koei)

Windows

Halo: Spartan Assault (Microsoft)
Old 2013-09-11, 12:07   Link #2229
4Tran

With that lineup, I'm not sure why Microsoft is even bothering to show up at TGS. I suppose that they don't want to cede yet another convention to Sony, but they're going to be blown out of the water (yet again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
So, microsoft promised FIFA as a compensation for EU preorders except...
This offer is limited to Day one Edition which is was already low on stock to begin with.

They just don't try anymore their shenanigans, do they.
With any company, it's always wiser to parse their statements to see what they really mean. This time 'round, Microsoft's messaging has been so fractured that it's impossible to take anything they say at face value. Heck, it's probably safer to wait a few weeks to say if what they originally said has changed by then.

I think that it comes from how Microsoft PR has been in damage control mode since April, and there's no sign of it abating. Right now, Microsoft is releasing 1-2 statements a day and about half of them cause more trouble than they alleviate. At this rate, I don't think that it's going to matter how much marketing money they throw at the Xbone because they still(!) haven't figured out an angle that's proven to be successful.

Quote:

It's certainly a stark contrast. There's a huge disconnect between what Microsoft wants to say about the Xbone, and what they feel they have to say about it. Look at that football ad they released last week - it's far weaker than "A Day with Playstation" and there's really no time left to catch up.
Old 2013-09-11, 12:17   Link #2230
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
With that lineup, I'm not sure why Microsoft is even bothering to show up at TGS. I suppose that they don't want to cede yet another convention to Sony, but they're going to be blown out of the water (yet again).
Because they're going to be announcing some new games, which they obviously wouldn't put on this list because that kinda removes the surprise.

cboat mentioned platinum games doing an xbone game.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 12:27   Link #2231
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Here is my opinion of why the Xbox1 Ad and the Sony Ad came out so differently;

They both used hired actors, impossibly attractive people in impossibly neat homes. Neither were portraying reality.

But with Xbox1, I see a fake world that I have no interest in being a part of. They are beautiful strangers who I will never associate with.

But the Sony Ad? It showed a fantasy that I WANT to be true. The hardware might never work the way they should with my shitty internet, but by Haruhi I WANT to be able to be in that world, and be friends with those people, and play with them.

The Killzone tournament in a Japanese University would never actually happen; but the Ad sold the idea that "Wouldn't it be nice if it was all real?"

In the end, I believe the difference is that Sony knows how to sell their product, while MS is struggling to explain how XB1 would make the owner happy.
Old 2013-09-11, 12:47   Link #2232
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Indeed, the very fact they made an ad with people happy to "watch TV with their Xbone" is a glaring hint that they really have no frigging idea how to appeal their audience at all.
Old 2013-09-11, 14:54   Link #2233
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
^ Indeed, the very fact they made an ad with people happy to "watch TV with their Xbone" is a glaring hint that they really have no frigging idea how to appeal their audience at all.
Well strictly speaking if Microsoft really do want to sell on this ad best to make it a combination of features of the Apple Tv, Roku 3, and maybe the TiVo Mini then you got something. Though it appears to be a failure in the present, despite my dislike for the Xbox 1 and already decided on buying the PS4, I can see why they chosen this approach. Though far too early, but nevertheless, may become the big bubble to pop in the next generation.
Old 2013-09-11, 18:32   Link #2234
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Because they're going to be announcing some new games, which they obviously wouldn't put on this list because that kinda removes the surprise.

cboat mentioned platinum games doing an xbone game.
Yeah, but I figure that most of the Xbone list will be the same titles that Sony already trotted out. I guess that the new game will be "Which Japanese developer was desperate enough to make exclusive games for Microsoft?" I doubt that any of this will do much to boost the Xbone's position in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In the end, I believe the difference is that Sony knows how to sell their product, while MS is struggling to explain how XB1 would make the owner happy.
That's precisely it. Microsoft has been talking a lot, but they've made a lot of flubs. Sony has been speaking much less, but actually are actually saying a lot.

Quote:
To be fair, they weren't targetting gamers as that ad was aired during the NFL opener. However, the only people paying much attention right now are hardcore gamers, and it's this exact group that Microsoft doesn't know how to talk to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well strictly speaking if Microsoft really do want to sell on this ad best to make it a combination of features of the Apple Tv, Roku 3, and maybe the TiVo Mini then you got something. Though it appears to be a failure in the present, despite my dislike for the Xbox 1 and already decided on buying the PS4, I can see why they chosen this approach. Though far too early, but nevertheless, may become the big bubble to pop in the next generation.
The people interested in these capabilities are also looking for cheap devices. Until the Xbone drops to below $300, they're probably not going to bite. That's part and parcel of why the Xbone's design is so boneheaded: it's an expensive device primarily meant to appeal to people who want cheap devices.
Old 2013-09-11, 20:22   Link #2235
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

What Nintendo tries to sell: Super Mario Kitty-Cat Edition! Yahoo!

What MS tries to sell: NFL! Woo! Fuck vidya games! NFL! NFL!

What Sony tries to sell: Coming to PS4 this fall, a new Killzone game! ... Hey, oh come on, why y'all leaving all a' sudden?
Old 2013-09-11, 20:35   Link #2236
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
What Nintendo tries to sell: Super Mario Kitty-Cat Edition! Yahoo!

What MS tries to sell: NFL! Woo! Fuck vidya games! NFL! NFL!

What Sony tries to sell: Coming to PS4 this fall, a new Killzone game! ... Hey, oh come on, why y'all leaving all a' sudden?
??????? I enjoyed all the Killzone games ??????
Old 2013-09-11, 20:46   Link #2237
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
??????? I enjoyed all the Killzone games ??????

The criticism it gets is, well, it was Sony's answer to Halo, and it has never been able to live up to Halo.
Old 2013-09-11, 20:59   Link #2238
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The criticism it gets is, well, it was Sony's answer to Halo, and it has never been able to live up to Halo.
That still doesn't justify your interpretation of the ad as a killzone promotion. The ad was about how Sony Hardware can, allegedly, allow you do do all these fun things in a fun manner. They could have used any competitive multiplayer game for the end sequence. I didn't even know the game featured in the ad was Killzone until someone brought it up.
Old 2013-09-11, 21:03   Link #2239
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That still doesn't justify your interpretation of the ad as a killzone promotion. The ad was about how Sony Hardware can, allegedly, allow you do do all these fun things in a fun manner. They could have used any competitive multiplayer game for the end sequence. I didn't even know the game featured in the ad was Killzone until someone brought it up.
When I wrote that post, I didn't even have that ad in mind, as I don't even know what ad you speak of.
Old 2013-09-11, 21:55   Link #2240
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
When I wrote that post, I didn't even have that ad in mind, as I don't even know what ad you speak of.