AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 01:35   Link #1281
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I haven't read the manga; the events are unfolding to very unknowing eyes at this point.

But, if we were to get down to things not to do during a zombie apocalypse, being within biting distance would be something I would avoid.

The best option is to have an underground bunker and wait the whole thing out. Blast from the Past stocked out, and full of plants like a greenhouse.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 02:07   Link #1282
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I did notice with interest that the author of the manga (now anime) calls the zombies "them". Which makes sense for this group of students, but not everyone would. Most people would call them either "infected" or "zombies" out of ease-of-use. I would argue 60% of the people would call them zombies, and most of the rest would call them infected. I can't imagine the remnant population of an entire country calling them "them".
It's hard to imagine if everyone in the country was so genre blind.

The writer tries so hard to distinguish itself with not using the "Z" word... But "it", "they", and "them" doesn't sound so pretty on the ears.
Old 2010-07-14, 02:15   Link #1283
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Got some of the scenes hands down. I still LOLed at the CMN sign and poor Ms. Field reporter, now a casualty in the field despite the valiant efforts of policemen in the field being armed with revolvers.

Some of the scenes were not in the manga or were reversed, refer to ep. 1 for clues.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 05:16   Link #1284
msg

High school of the dead - harem, ecchi and gore.Whats new?I really don't like the manga as whole.First few chapters, it was good after that it gone downhill...The anime is good but after reading the manga... just hope they will change or divert it a bit from the manga
Old 2010-07-14, 06:12   Link #1285
Lummie

Finally some good fanarts of HoTD started to appear on Pixiv

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 06:29   Link #1286
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

That cold, piercing stare of Saeko..... OH MY GOD.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 08:41   Link #1287
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Does anyone know if this series is upscaled to 720p or is it true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yes, but breasts so large that they cease being attractive and become just big should be a fetish. And it's thankfully hardly universal. Quality over quantity.
I don't think the characters here fit those requirements. I do agree though, quality is more important.
Old 2010-07-14, 09:47   Link #1288
Wrath88
Kissing...

Another 4 page leap in 24 hrs...

Nice suggestion on that Patriot, and those fanart looked good.
Old 2010-07-14, 10:29   Link #1289
Kagura89

Shizuka: "Hey,what was your name again?"
Kazu: *zombies busy biting on him* "What??"

*10x headdesk*

Saeko & Kouta pretty much boss in this episode
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 10:31   Link #1290
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Finally some good fanarts of HoTD started to appear on Pixiv

Spoiler:
That's a fantastic job in regards to Saeko.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 12:04   Link #1291
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Should we get a Zombie Survival Thread going?
Although I find the discussion of weapons and zombie survival interesting, it sort-of distracts from the discussion of the actual show.

(anybody know what kind of 'numbers' a show needs to get it's own sub-forum?)
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 12:36   Link #1292
ninja_pintu

How many episodes does this series have? It seems to be too slow for a 13 episode series.
Old 2010-07-14, 13:15   Link #1293
Xacual

So after rewatching the episode I think it's kind of dumb that they chose to censor the drill scene so much. Especially the fact that when Saya trips over the bag you can see her knock the drill out of it, but afterwards on the ground there it's no where to be seen.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 13:34   Link #1294
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
How many episodes does this series have? It seems to be too slow for a 13 episode series.
I believe it will be 12 episodes and dont worry it will become pretty fast paced soon enough. Theres is actually more material available now for it to move into the 20's episode count. However will probably see a 2nd season animating the later parts of the manga if a 2nd season does indeed happen.
Old 2010-07-14, 14:01   Link #1295
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I believe it will be 12 episodes and dont worry it will become pretty fast paced soon enough. Theres is actually more material available now for it to move into the 20's episode count. However will probably see a 2nd season animating the later parts of the manga if a 2nd season does indeed happen.
I really hope they don't do an anime original conclusion. It's my biggest fear for manga adaptations.
Old 2010-07-14, 14:03   Link #1296
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^Agreed. Would be nice if they kept going so it can live up to its potential.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:05   Link #1297
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I really hope they don't do an anime original conclusion. It's my biggest fear for manga adaptations.
Imagine an original ending where a random scientist guy discovers the antidote and the entire world ends up getting cured.....

I'm already trembling when I think about such an ending....
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:16   Link #1298
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
For me at least, HotD will be a case of ignorance is bliss. If they can end it in a way doesn't seem like a quick hack job then that's fine. Since I haven't read the manga I'd be oblivious. But if it's another Claymore...

But hey, we can always hope that the ratings and DVD/Bluray sales green light season two...
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 14:24   Link #1299
dredmorte

But the manga is still running! The second episode ended slighty before the end of the 2nd chapter. The manga already has 26 chapters. I thought this anime would run for a typical 24-26 episodes.
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:01   Link #1300
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As mentioned by sky, the whole gun discussion is a tad offtopic, and the extent of the said discussion is really not within the topic, which is HotD.
I will leave the recent posts as they are, but please do not continue any further this discussion. If you still wish to carry it on, you are then invited to discuss about weapons in such kind of setup in the general forum, instead of HotD thread.

Any post past this point will be considered as offtopic and will be deleted on the spot.

EDIT: humm no, forget that: I will move all posts to a new thread, considering it may be really jarring to switch between 2 threads to discuss about that.

EDIT2: Done... yikes 52 posts... well, the thread is there: Zombie-Apocalypse Survival Thread.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-14 at 15:16.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse