Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-25, 23:13   Link #261
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i don't have a problem with pino having a trauma about using a gun to kill the girl, the only problem i have is that stupid "brother" triela had.

he should of ben right behind her, and the minute pino knocked triela out he should of taken pino out with a double shot.

Even if he expect no back up you should at leased go in as a two man formation.

seriously, if this went anyway else, triela would of been dead, and he would of let the enemy loose.

it's a pretty bad plot hole for pino to knock her out, it seems pretty unbelievable after the background and ability they built up around these characters, which is why some people found episode 3 pretty bad.

So Cat i can't agree with you about the "smart" statement because if it was so, we wouldn't find this episode so hard to swallow, but i will agree with your other assessment.

It has personality.

Old 2008-01-27, 03:41   Link #262
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So I've just watched the first episode. It started out with action right away, and best of all, no black blood. It's red the way I like it, rock on. I'm still not used to the new look (mainly the eyes), but as long as the plot's as good as the first season's, I won't be complaining. It seems that there are doubts about the second season not matching its predecessor, but really, aren't most second seasons like that? I guess we'll see.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 05:44   Link #263
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It was too bad that Hilshire was trying to save the girl when the girl didn't need saving.

Didn't someone say that the original Mangaka designed the art for GSG2? Because it sure doesn't look like it.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 13:06   Link #264
Cal-Reflector

The four episode treatment has expired, and my assessment at this point is the production really brought out the B team for this project, to the point that I've now grown interested in exactly who is responsible, so I've started looking at the credits at the end.

Here's one of the actual studios' HP: This one handled the weapons animation. Informative website with lots of pictures. The number of user hits to the website also tells me that it's a tiny tiny little studio: 10,000 user hits.

http://www.st-rong.net/

This one was involved in the original drawings/drafts:
http://www.studioelle.jp/index.php

Here's the important part: The two studios who handled animation, coloring, secondary drafts/drawings,

http://animechic.fc2web.com/wuxi03.html and 常州新生美術制作有限公司

One is from Wu-Xi, China. Quick google does not reveal a HP, but the above gives some info. The other one I couldn't find a home page for even when I used Baidu (the popular Chinese search engine).

*Shakes fist* YOU BASTARDS!! The least Artland could have done was to farm it out to better overseas studios. *Weeps*
Old 2008-01-29, 23:08   Link #265
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Well, that explains a lot about the quality.

Perhaps Artland should stick to the less action oriented series.

Ep four sealed the deal for me too. Lack of coherence, lack of pacing, lack of everything good. Even Hanazawa Kana sounded like she was sleepwalking through the role...so insufficient voice direction.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 10:28   Link #266
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
One thing i have especially enjoyed about Gunslinger II is the OP and ED songs both of which are just beautiful with a nice sense of operatic vocals, soft melodies and nice percussion. Here is the art work from the ED single by Lia "Doll".

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-02-02 at 18:43. Reason: Removed broken JavaScript; don't post JavaScript links they don't work...
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 21:20   Link #267
blewin

I just finished watching episode 1, and I must say, nothing seems good except the OP and EP.

First of all, animation drops a notch from first season. Sometimes there's even a blurry feel to it that is reminiscent of season 1's style, but it's out of focus rather than in-focus. The drawing of the eyes is most terrible of all, especially Rico's. Sure, she's a killing machine who laughs while she kills. It's a meaningless laugh. But from Rico's new eyes, I can't detect that sadness inside her. In season 1, you could tell there's a human underneath that face, but in season 2, she's just a laughing killing machine.

The action sequence lacks luster and smooth transition, instead, it feels somewhat sluggish, a little bit akin to the type of action in Tsubasa Chronicle. The music accompanying it should have been ok, but taking into consideration of season 1, it's done a pretty good job in dashing my expectation.

As for the characters... Henrietta. Why the heck is she so loud?? even during moment of embarrassment and awkwardness (when she's about to take Jose's hand on the street), she still speaks too loud and too quickly. She's coming across as someone bold rather than shyly bold and insecure.

Though the complete letdown is Rico, as she's my favourite character in season 1.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 06:08   Link #268
FireChick

I downloaded "Doll" but it was the Lia version. I'm kinda looking for the Tada Aoi version. I love her version.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 01:12   Link #269
dfens

People are having a fit over episode 3. Other than the first one the story is following the manga quite nicely.

As for Pino not killing Triela what's so hard to swallow?

Pino only kills if necessary or if ordered she was no longer a threat and bam her laying out like that reminded him of a old flash back and he goes into shock and hesitates. That's not hard to believe. He could have finished her off but decides to hit the road and escape. Lucky for Triela though.

As for Hilshire not helping her more that is just the norm. The cyborgs are one man armies, usually having no trouble taking people out all by themselves. Using their cyborg strength or weapons/training to over power and defeat the bad guys. But this time she faced a expert with years of experience what she lacks. Most terrorist are lackeys with no training.

And she isn't invincible her skull isn't cyberised, a hard enough blow will knock her out.

Luckly later on Triela trains with the GIS Italian special forces in hand to hand combat just for a rematch with Pino to win against him no matter the cost.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 18:58   Link #270
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
keep in mind
pino knocked her out while breaking several of his fingers
not like its easy to take down a cyborg

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Old 2008-02-02, 21:45   Link #271
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
One thing i have especially enjoyed about Gunslinger II is the OP and ED songs both of which are just beautiful with a nice sense of operatic vocals, soft melodies and nice percussion. Here is the art work from the ED single by Lia "Doll".

Is there a website I can buy these from?? I love the Cd artwork and the music is all kinds of awesome, I just wish I could show my support...
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 13:42   Link #272
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
So did they skip a week or has ep 4 been released?
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 14:41   Link #273
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidLucifer View Post
Is there a website I can buy these from?? I love the Cd artwork and the music is all kinds of awesome, I just wish I could show my support...
Plenty of sites you can buy from. You can try Yesasia or Amazonjp it shouldnt really be that hard to find. JP is pretty readily avaible and not nearly as hard to find as it was years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechtsphere View Post
So did they skip a week or has ep 4 been released?
It has not bee subbed i believed that its stalled at the moment. I checked on it and there is no mention as to why it has not been subbed, i guess we have to be patient a little bit longer.

FireChick, Glad i could help you out with the Tada Aoi version or "Doll" Also, everyone there is another song on the Doll single its a duet with Lia&Tada Aoi its called "Human" it has got to be the prettiest songs on both CD's.

If you are too lazy to buy the C.D. Pm me i will send you a link to where you can get them. No request in the forums please.
Old 2008-02-05, 11:08   Link #274
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Well, 2 avatars I made from ep 3 (I'm using the last one so I wont post that up )

Old 2008-02-06, 12:08   Link #275
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Is the show on hiatus? Its been a couple weeks and my normal site I use and no fansubs.. Has nobody Subbed Ep4 yet?
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 17:26   Link #276
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Stop being so impatient. Jesus Christ. It's only been a little over a week since ep4 aired. Both eps 4 and 5 have been translated.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 23:31   Link #277
Ashlotte
Clockwork

And I think we all appreciate Triad's continued hard work...

Well now I've finally broke down and marathoned the first three episodes...I had previously decided to steer clear of the show when I saw the sheer amount of bashing for the first episode. I was kindof afraid watching it would tarnish my memories of the first season.

At this point though I think everyone's just about said all that's worth saying on the first few episodes of this...Shoddy animation, rather ill suited character designs, and just a few bleh VA performances. With that said though it isn't all completely wretched and so far it's been pretty watchable overall.

I guess if I had to sum it up...Season One is animation as art...Memorable and lovely. This season is more similar to just an average passable bit of entertainment moe fluff...Mostly enjoyable, but quickly forgotten.

The former is the type of show that I buy and can enjoy for a long time...The later seems to be the bulk of what I watch lately haha...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 00:18   Link #278
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

I was just wondering, the previous episodes seemed to come in consecutive weeks. I'm sorry if it came off like I was complaining.. I really appreciate all the hard work the subbers do!
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 00:25   Link #279
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 4

My problem with Angelica being alive, or, at best, being fit enough for active duty, is that it blunts so much of impact from the end of the last season. Angelica was the embodiment of the negative effects of conditioning on the girls. Having her recover so easily is akin to saying "well, the negative effects of the conditioning aren't really all that bad". I mean, we all know this concept of little girls having their childhood, memory and innocence stolen away from them so they can do the government's dirty work is wrong. What makes the girls so sympathetic is that they have no say in any of this. But one can look at the pros and cons of such a situation completely objectively. The pros would be that they're keeping the peace with a force that is unrivaled but minimizes collateral damage (even though we did see examples of collateral damage in the first season) and they're giving these girls a second chance at life. The cons is that they're being used by the government, they have none of the things that most children take for granted and their physical state and lifetime is compromised by the conditioning process. Except that that last part doesn't matter as much anymore. Suddenly, the consequences of having a secret counter-terrorist force that systematically exploits young girls are all positive. Give me a break.

They've overstated the girls' unbending loyalty to their fratello too much in this series. One could maybe argue that Madhouse understated it, but I think I much prefer Madhouse's approach to the fratello relationships than Artland's, which resemble obsessive crushes. Although, that's the case for a lot of things.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 00:45   Link #280
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 4

My problem with Angelica being alive, or, at best, being fit enough for active duty, is that it blunts so much of impact from the end of the last season. Angelica was the embodiment of the negative effects of conditioning on the girls. Having her recover so easily is akin to saying "well, the negative effects of the conditioning aren't really all that bad". I mean, we all know this concept of little girls having their childhood, memory and innocence stolen away from them so they can do the government's dirty work is wrong. What makes the girls so sympathetic is that they have no say in any of this. But one can look at the pros and cons of such a situation completely objectively. The pros would be that they're keeping the peace with a force that is unrivaled but minimizes collateral damage (even though we did see examples of collateral damage in the first season) and they're giving these girls a second chance at life. The cons is that they're being used by the government, they have none of the things that most children take for granted and their physical state and lifetime is compromised by the conditioning process. Except that that last part doesn't matter as much anymore. Suddenly, the consequences of having a secret counter-terrorist force that systematically exploits young girls are all positive. Give me a break.

They've overstated the girls' unbending loyalty to their fratello too much in this series. One could maybe argue that Madhouse understated it, but I think I much prefer Madhouse's approach to the fratello relationships than Artland's, which resemble obsessive crushes. Although, that's the case for a lot of things.
the negative effects you mention would of made a valid point, if those things you mentioned were true.

you forget that the agency specifically loked for the "worse" cases, we all know what happened to Henrietta, raped, mutilated and psychologically disabled, Rico with a life crippling birth defect, Triela a drug addict/child snuff film victim and etc.

what innocence did the agency rob them with the treatment and life as a cyborg government killer?

their lives were forfeited, their childhood shatter beyond repair.

Whatever the "negative" effects of the cyborg-zation and mental conditioning,

To the children, If they had their memories of the ones they had, I have no doubt in my mind that they would consider them minor.

Tags
action, loli, seinen