AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-09, 17:34   Link #21
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by I once had wings View Post
This is lame.. at this rate no action til season 3
You know, I once had wings too... but they disappeared when you mentioned season III, which will probably not exist.
Old 2007-11-09, 17:41   Link #22
I once had wings
Hecate is mine!!

lol well you never know, maybe they'll do the dbz inuyasha thing and have 6 seasons
Old 2007-11-09, 17:50   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by I once had wings View Post
lol well you never know, maybe they'll do the dbz inuyasha thing and have 6 seasons
No, they really won't.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-09, 17:58   Link #24
X10A_Freedom

As much as I like slice of life...it's about time they brought a hardcore tomogare out.

Shana without slice of life isn't right, but it's also not right without some epic battles.
Old 2007-11-10, 04:44   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*stretches*

Hah...

Spoiler for ep7 preview summary:

The preview could have left out the first part... -_-
Kind of makes the paragraph silly...

*brings out more tea*

*gets some snacks*

At least the focus might not be Shana and Kazumi this time...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-10, 12:12   Link #26
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But...
I'm afraid.

poor Ike...doesn't he deserve love too? :\
Old 2007-11-10, 12:23   Link #27
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Hey... Shana's wearing something different...

EDIT: Finally found access to the RAW, and although I haven't watched all of it yet, I'll have to say this.

Spoiler for WTF:

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2007-11-10 at 18:41.
Old 2007-11-11, 02:15   Link #28
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Hey... Shana's wearing something different...

EDIT: Finally found access to the RAW, and although I haven't watched all of it yet, I'll have to say this.

Spoiler for WTF:
Not surprising, he is the lonely rich kid of the series. Satou's backstory has yet to be further developed by Takahashi, save that he's estranged from his family and they just let him have the mansion by himself, thus making it a very ideal place for Margery to drink all the booze for free.
Old 2007-11-11, 05:17   Link #29
tabun
rawr!

I'd say this episode aggravates me, but that would overdo it. I just hope they have some really intense action coming up, justifying the lack of animation quality and story developement. The last 4 episodes would easily have fit into 2 or 1.5 - still, I have not given up on the story yet

Oh, and character development is a good thing. However, so little of it coming at this high a cost in precious episode time is irritating to say the least.

Another week of waiting begins...
Old 2007-11-11, 06:13   Link #30
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Thank f**k some progress!!!! Thank you Margery no longer shall I think of you just as a drunken bum, instead I name thee wise drunken bum.

I wonder why Alastor isn't able to give a little more love advice to Shana? He was in a love love relationship with the previous Flame Haze and he has been around for ages.

Looking forward to the next epi from the preview looks like Ike is going to go for his wings. Good luck Ike!
Old 2007-11-11, 06:51   Link #31
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
*snip* He was in a love love relationship with the previous Flame Haze and *snip*
If I may ask, what gave you that impression?
Old 2007-11-11, 07:35   Link #32
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabun View Post
If I may ask, what gave you that impression?
Series 1, epi 15 and 16
Old 2007-11-11, 07:53   Link #33
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Series 1, epi 15 and 16
I don't think it was that kind of love.
Old 2007-11-11, 08:18   Link #34
Double T

Well, another good episode for me, but nothing spectacular. Seems like we are finally done with the jealousy and Shana and Yoshida seem to have both realized that their feelings towards Yuji are quite serious...

I canīt help myself but think that we are back at the end of season 1 now...

Ah, whatever, I especially liked the short scene at the end when Shana began to train Yuji again, now that was so sweet. Yuji was so happy to see her back, you just need to look at their eyes and you know that these two share a special bond (either that, or Yuji likes to be beaten up by lolis).

Quote:
I wonder why Alastor isn't able to give a little more love advice to Shana?
Yeah, I was wondering why Alastor was so quite these past few episodes. Heck, I think even Tiamat had more lines of dialog than Alastor, wtf?

Quote:
I think it is argueable. Other than Shana, the previous Red-Hot-Eyed Hunter was a grown up woman, so when she said "I love you" right before her death i think it has more meaning to it than lets say if Shana would say the same. Even if physical contact would be impossible between the two, it could have been more than just a sort of "parental love", but well, it is pretty much in the air, so it is up to the viewer how he wants to interpret this relationship.

Now, next week seems to be focussing on Ike, and since I like Ike as a character, I think Iīm going to enjoy this episode(and I hope for some YujixShana development I mean, come on, after so many Konoe episodes we really need a change)
Old 2007-11-11, 08:22   Link #35
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
What kind of love? The type that makes you jealous? Or rumpy pumpy in a bed of hay?

Shana's predecessor most defiantly loved him, just as Shiro loved her and Wilma loved Shiro. Their story is all about tragic love that was centred around the sacrifice of summoning Alastor which she knew that she would need to do one day. Notice how she describes Alastor as her man.

Alastor has been around for a while and had god knows how many flame hazes and must have seen a bit of romance here and there. I'm sure that they said that Shana was the first they actually raised up to be a Flame Haze, the rest I'm sure has some experience with love and all the baggage that goes with it.

*Edit*

BTW I believe that Alastor loves Shana as a daughter because the previous Flame Haze was the one who instigated the whole train Shana up to be a worthy succesor. I don't see it being too far fetched for him to associate Shana with something that she created with the help of Wilma and Shiro.
Old 2007-11-11, 08:48   Link #36
tabun
rawr!

Yes, and because of the different nature of his relation to Shana's predecessor, I think Alastor is hardly able to give Shana any advice at all. The concept of uncertainty about her actual feelings towards Yuji seem to be either hard to grasp for him, or he wants to let her sort it out alone (think of Alastor's conversation with Yuji's mother!).
Old 2007-11-11, 10:10   Link #37
endlezz
Ace of Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i agree...i seem to prefer the design of S1 better than S2...shana's face just looks a bit off to me compared to previously :/ (maybe she grew up XD)

anyway...another rather "meh" ep...this series should be balanced with action but seen as we havent seen any yet it really is a drag...(the clown and ring fool doesnt count ).
Yes, I was wondering about it too! I thought it was just my imagination, but there certainly IS a difference. Shana was kind of hawter in S1, though I cannot point out why.

I liked this episode a lot more than 5 cuz finally Shana and Yoshida are back to normal.
Oh and Yuuji is surely losing my respect for beeing so totally dense. I mean Yoshida actually confessed to him, lol.
Old 2007-11-11, 11:54   Link #38
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
my patience is running thin, I can't stand any more of this slice of life theres so many other shows that do so much better a job at it, i wish i had the patience to marathon this show like i did with s1 then maybe i wouldn't suffer as much waiting for next week just to be so disapointed

when am i gonna see the cute little girl with the gigantic long sword slashing away at cute little tomogara again
Old 2007-11-11, 12:15   Link #39
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

OMG! Next episode! It looks like!... It looks like! ... Oh wait. It's just another stupid episode that has nothing to do with nothing. My mistake. But hey, amusement parks are fun. But of course that's when you're at them.
Old 2007-11-11, 12:16   Link #40
Aquifina

Finally... Shana and Yoshida stop acting stupid. This ep. should have taken the place for five.

I was hoping for an action ep., but I guess I can live with one focused on Ike. I'm genuinely curious as to how it'll go.
Closed Thread