AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-07, 22:34   Link #1
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
What Makes you watch Konomini in the 1st place?

I've been asking myself this question lately...

At first...when the title shows up...i think is interesting (This Ugly & Beautiful World) thus i've start watching.... then after the 1st ep i start to get hook by ???

1- Hikari Cuteness (Since I love Mahoro-san once thus Hikari-san makes the same for me)
2- The Title seems promising
3- I kinda like Ryou
4- Curious about the X-1 and Y-1 thing on every episodes

soon more question came out....like~

5- Who's Akari?? CUTE >_<!!!
6- Hmm...nice fighting sequence...man wat an awful look he has? (Refering to Takeru)
7- etc.

Soon as it reach episode 8 and 9...i start to feel bored watching it...duno why...before ep8 everything is very bright and nice...and the sudden change or plot and story pace starts to turn me off...

It suppose to get interesting right but for me it starts to bored me along with the interesting plot...
Old 2004-06-07, 22:44   Link #2
nephilim
Loves Kaori

i started watching because i was looking at the stats at animesuki and noticed that there are slightly more people watching this anime. i took a look at the information at animenfo and saw that the drawing is pretty nice, so i downloaded it

yeah i got hooked by the hikari/akari cuteness. the plot at the beginning seems interesting.

i'm used to the bright-to-dark plot change thing. playing too much final fantasies train you up for that ^^"
Old 2004-06-07, 23:18   Link #3
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Anime night at my college showed the first 3eps. I walked in towards the end of ep1 and stayed around. When Evil Hikari splattered the first creature, it got my attention. After that the funny scenes and nude scenes caught my attention plus I wanted to see more Evil Hikari again. I may get my wish in Ep 10 or Ep 11

Yuun - you're being turned off by the 2nd part of the title?? Everything isn't all happy and cheery that's life. They were sent there for a purpose and that's why most of the fun went bye-bye. It would be awesome if in the end she nukes everything, but I have a feeling that she won't.
Old 2004-06-08, 02:32   Link #4
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

1) Gainax
2) Good Title
3) Great looking website

I mean, how can you resist from watching an anime titled "This Ugly and Beautiful World"?
Old 2004-06-08, 02:37   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~

1. Long, eye-catching title
2. Hikari and Akari cuteness
3. Potentially promosing plot
4. Gainax -> Hikari and Akari fan service
Old 2004-06-08, 07:05   Link #6
Casshern

I saw the interesting title and d/led the first ep. I had already decided that I would follow this series until the end after seeing the intro to the 1st ep (about mass extingtions etc.). I like "apocalyptic" type themes.

Hikari and Akari's pastel-coloured hair is not to my taste and Ionnious looks like a playmobile toy, but overall it's turned out to be a worthwhile anime so far.
Old 2004-06-08, 07:45   Link #7
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
I like the concept. The fanservice doesn't amuse me.

And the characters too, even tho they haven't been up to scratch lately with Kimi and Akari, it's looking up again.
Old 2004-06-08, 09:47   Link #8
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

Well, I needed a new anime, since I was completed with some older animes, and then my eye crossed Konomini. Somehow it just got me. Guess it has to be the cuteness of Akari and Hikari, and since it is a short show (12 eps) I thought by myself "Why not watch it till the end..."
Old 2004-06-08, 10:09   Link #9
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Hahaha~ It seems to me that mostly all of you here get hook by this anime is because of its title or Hikari+Akari cuteness... like me lolz ^_^

But i still love bright and happy ending though all the way... although...i know that's quite impossible...since is Gainax Productions Lolz!!! >_< They just love world destructions....

I hope this one dun destroy the world again like EVA does and wat Mahoromatic almost did too...

yea~ 12 episodes only...might as well finish it...besides i really wanted to se more of Evil Hikari Version....she's my type lolz~
Old 2004-06-08, 10:13   Link #10
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
i'm used to the bright-to-dark plot change thing. playing too much final fantasies train you up for that ^^"
Huh? U Play Final Fantasy?? Me too ^_^ but so far manage to finish FF9 though... FF8 and FF7 get stuck...while FF10 doesn't catches my attention. I love FF9 among all the other FFs, however mostly ppl says that FF9 is the most lousiest FF among others...
Old 2004-06-08, 10:16   Link #11
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Basically when I first got here there was like a 17 page discussion, so I gave it a download. I can't say I'm really enjoying it that much since overly-cute (almost didn't watch KGNE because of Haruka) annoys me, but I continue to watch it because it'll annoy me if I don't finish it up.
Old 2004-06-08, 14:57   Link #12
abubo

I'm watching for these reasons:

1. Gainax, plus it's their 20th anniversary

2. Promise of fulfilling the promise left unfulfilled by Mahoromatic (to EVA-nize the Maho-kanojou genre)

3. Good chara-design

It's been a little slow but looks promising. Too bad only 13 episodes... Gainax probably ran out of money.
Old 2004-06-08, 15:04   Link #13
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Boobs and......boobs.
Old 2004-06-08, 15:05   Link #14
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Boobs and......boobs.
Perv, you could've at least typed, cute girls then boobs...geesh!
Old 2004-06-08, 15:35   Link #15
Pitar
Anime is a way of life?

Send a message via AIM to Pitar
Gainax 20th Anniversary...so they will try hard to make this show remembered somehow. I really liked the first episode because it left me confused...
Old 2004-06-08, 16:00   Link #16
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Boobs and......boobs.
You need to get into hentai more.
Old 2004-06-08, 16:03   Link #17
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitar
Gainax 20th Anniversary...so they will try hard to make this show remembered somehow. I really liked the first episode because it left me confused...
Yup, KonoMini and the new Cuty Honey is the bulk of their 20th Anniversary projects. Notice the Devilman tribute? Go Nagai is like god to Gainax.
Old 2004-06-08, 16:09   Link #18
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Well, when i was downloading it, it came out the same week as Midori no Hibi and a buttload of others, so i just spree-downloaded it
i grew to like it, of course
1) Awesome, likeable characters
2) a certain *charm* in the situation
3) good action sequences
4) Takeru looks like Soul Taker/Devilman...which are cool
5) Hikari....Akari...are the lights of my life (exaggeration with intent at a pun)
6) deep looking story
7) nice and brief
8) great music
Old 2004-06-08, 22:49   Link #19
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Huh? U Play Final Fantasy?? Me too ^_^ but so far manage to finish FF9 though... FF8 and FF7 get stuck...while FF10 doesn't catches my attention. I love FF9 among all the other FFs, however mostly ppl says that FF9 is the most lousiest FF among others...
It's all subjected to oneself ^^ i love the FFs i played, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX. I received and enjoyed the stories that Square delievered. IMO, FF9 is not bad, just that it is too much for the console to handle, and the gameplay lag because of that i'm sure Square could have came up with a better gameplay if not for the limitation of the console.

back to the topic, it's no surprise that everyone loved hikari and akari. i mean, WHO DOESN'T LIKE CUTE GIRLS?! talking about boobs, i don't think akari has boobs THAT big does she?
Old 2004-06-08, 22:55   Link #20
WalDo
Where's WalDo?!

All the characters are drawn pretty well. Heck, even all the male characters.
Closed Thread