AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-10, 13:07   Link #13901
yongshun

Interesting chapter I wonder if they used Ether on Moka when they clamped that cloth on her. If so the fact that she didn't pass out says something about how resilient Vampires are.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 13:42   Link #13902
Xagzan

I wonder if Akuha really cared about Moka, or if that display at the end was just an act. It might have been real, but then it's too bad Moka hates her now apparently.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 13:49   Link #13903
Chris38

Well after reading chapter 30 what I wonder about is ...

Spoiler for Chapter 30 :
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 13:50   Link #13904
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

I'm a little confused about what Ling Ling said: if their souls are trapped inside the seal, their hearts would die and the bodies would be alive.

Does that mean that their souls would eventually die inside the seal since people sometimes equate "your soul" = "your heart"? Or does she mean that their physical hearts would die? But if it's the physical heart that dies, the body dies as well.

Makes you wonder how either one of the Moka's can survive in the Rosary if your soul would die if you stay too long. I guess it's probably because the two Moka's share the same body and soul.

I guess it also kinda rules out the Akasha = Omote thing. I never liked that theory in the first place It's far too messy to sort out a plausible plot for something like that and kills the Tsukune x Moka relationship that's developed up to now. A lot of people liked this theory even though it didn't make any sense to me.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:02   Link #13905
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great chapter. I was hoping for the dream mini arc to come to an end though. It's hard to read while you know something bad is going to happen.

It's cute how little Moka is looking for Tsukune. It's a little confusing why and how that world works though. But maybe this will add to her opening up towards Tsukune or something.

The father is quite scary. Tsukune will sure have his hands full getting his approval.

Oh man...can't wait for the next chapter.
Old 2010-05-10, 14:15   Link #13906
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I guess it also kinda rules out the Akasha = Omote thing. I never liked that theory in the first place It's far too messy to sort out a plausible plot for something like that and kills the Tsukune x Moka relationship that's developed up to now. A lot of people liked this theory even though it didn't make any sense to me.
I gotta agree with you on that FriedRice84, since that theory didn't make sense to me as well.

Getting back to the things that chapter 30 has brought for us, I think that after the current arc is over, will be getting some training arc are something like that, since based upon what was said in chapter 30 about the Shuzen family ... it's really bad, since it basically means that almost the enterie population of vampires in Japan are now on the side of Fairy Tale, and while Moka is certainly strong, I don't see how could she beat the entire population of vampires located in Japan.

It basically means that unless Moka and Tsukune, who at this point seriously needs to develop his martial skills, have some kind of "unique" ability among vampires, there is no way that, at this moment, Tsukune, Moka and the rest of the girls have any chance of defeating them.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:17   Link #13907
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

This works out for Tsukune rather well. Now Tsukune can actually see first-hand whatever it was that Akuha did to Moka without going through that messy buisness of actually asking Moka about it. Use this opprotunity well, Tsukune-kun.

The entire senario smells like such a set-up - I wouldn't put it past Issa to do something like that. He already has what he wanted from Akasha - a highborne vampire daughter, but her personality is too detrimental to what he wants his daughters to become. Seems like their union was more political than anything. He seems like he tolerates her more than anything. I could be wrong - I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like the case.
Old 2010-05-10, 14:22   Link #13908
Johnny
Working the bags...

It seems dear older sister is a sociopath with a thirst for killing. If that's her on page 19-20 in which I'm almost 100% certain it is. I'd be waking up ASAP...

I think it would be an interesting conversation if chibi Moka met Tsukune...

It's a good thing there's other around because who knows what Kurumu would do with a comatose Tsukune...

Nice sig Drago, although the text is a tad hard to read. Not that I'm looking at the text any...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:22   Link #13909
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I really want to know what kind of person Issa is. Did he choose each girl's mothers for political reasons or did he care for any of them? I do think it's safe to say that he is siding with Fairy Tale.

Tsukune will need a cheesy shonen power up down the road. I'd much rather training and all, but there is a big gap and not a lot of time.

And does "Issa" have anything to do with drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Nice sig Drago, although the text is a tad hard to read. Not that I'm looking at the text any...
Glad you like it. I know it's hard to read, but any other way, and it'd take away from the picture and needless to say, it's more important. Your av is good this time. Where is it from?
Old 2010-05-10, 14:27   Link #13910
Johnny
Working the bags...

Kissxsis episode 5...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:46   Link #13911
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Good chapter, but I hope this past arc doesn't go on too long. I'm having bad flashbacks to Kurohime and how ridiculous the manga became when it went to the past... And stayed there for 3 years. :/
Old 2010-05-10, 15:46   Link #13912
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Great Chapter! So, Akuha is adopted. And man is she awesome, that death move she did with the fingers through the head that was pure win! I never saw a kill move like that before. Man, this chapter is making me itch for the next one so badly! >-<
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 15:52   Link #13913
Yorae_paladin1

I have seen moves like that before in fist of the northstar. But yeah this chappy was cool
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 15:54   Link #13914
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
I have seen moves like that before in fist of the northstar. But yeah this chappy was cool
well there are finger kills in that series, but I don't recall one with all five fingers from the back side of the skull XD Besides the finger poking always leads to exploding body parts, so it's a different sorta effect
Old 2010-05-10, 16:39   Link #13915
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Great Chapter! So, Akuha is adopted. And man is she awesome, that death move she did with the fingers through the head that was pure win! I never saw a kill move like that before. Man, this chapter is making me itch for the next one so badly! >-<
Adopted? I remember seeing one of the guests at the mansion muttering something about her being Issa's illegitimate child. Where did it say adopted?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 16:45   Link #13916
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
well there are finger kills in that series, but I don't recall one with all five fingers from the back side of the skull XD Besides the finger poking always leads to exploding body parts, so it's a different sorta effect
I seen those a few times also your right akuha is more like nanto seiken fighter anyway cuts up people rather than blow em up from the inside
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2010-05-10, 17:05   Link #13917
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Seems our boy Ikeda favors some of the Fist of the North Star and perhaps some other martial arts goriness from some other anime/manga in the same vein. I've seen things like that, but Elfen Lied depicts that move best, I think. Heck, she probably did it in a similar way too, looking as her fingers were protruding from his skull while it was still intact for a second before his brains started to leak out. Though I think if the Diclonus and the Vampires were to go head to head, the vampires would lose. They don't have ranged attacks like Lucy and the others do.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2010-05-11 at 21:16.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 17:27   Link #13918
Yorae_paladin1

Spoiler:

Old 2010-05-10, 17:30   Link #13919
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahaha "pretend your watching a anime" that made me crack up, btw why is Mizore tthere?

Spoiler for stuff:
Old 2010-05-10, 17:31   Link #13920
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Adopted? I remember seeing one of the guests at the mansion muttering something about her being Issa's illegitimate child. Where did it say adopted?
Oh you're right, I didn't see that.

I only assumed she was adopted because of the dialogue. It just sounded like she was an orphan that Issa happened to stumbled upon.

On another note does anyone else feel that the art style and the way the series is (gore and partial nudity) make it feel more like a seinen series rather than shonen?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire