AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-27, 11:37   Link #41
wistfulloner

Your speculation for Taiga/Ryuji's Fathers is... interesting...
Old 2008-12-27, 13:23   Link #42
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Right now it's the one speculation I don't want it to be true, and I find it too good to be real

although I dare not say anything about it right now

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2008-12-27, 21:40   Link #43
Kobukson

An interesting theory...but it has no weight. If you go back to Toradora episodes 1, you can clearly see a picture of Ryuji's father with his mother and it's quite obvious he looks a lot like Ryuji. Additionally, in episode 12 when Ryuji's mom sees Taiga's dad, there's no real reaction from her other than the "I don't like him". If this was his father, wouldn't she be showing the lovy-dovy attiitude that she always has when talking about his father?

As much as a Koi Kaze-esque plot might be interesting here, I'm pretty sure that is nowhere near the case.

Ryuji's father: http://subculture.animeblogger.net/i...adora01_09.jpg
Parental Crossfire: http://subculture.animeblogger.net/i...adora12_06.jpg
Old 2012-01-25, 18:26   Link #44
Deathscyther

I guess I'll put this in this thread. We all know that Taiga's name is based on her personality (Palmtop tiger), but here's a fun fact I accidentally found today:

Quote:
Taiga (Russian: тайга́; from Turkic or Mongolian), also known as the boreal forest, is a biome characterized by coniferous forests.
A conifer is often used as a christmas tree. I wonder if Taiga liking christmas so much is based upon this or if it's just a coincidence.