AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 21:03   Link #1121
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, for one, Kio's apparently got higher potential than Zeheart, and the AGE-FX is designed to keep up with an X-Rounder. Second of all, the strength of the Gundam Legilis will really bite itself in the ass if Kio's power runs wild, like Reina's did.
Old 2012-08-27, 02:22   Link #1122
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

No one wanted to post these or something?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Xvv-xcc_Zedas_C

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Wiegel

DAT WEIGEL.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 02:29   Link #1123
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
No one wanted to post these or something?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Xvv-xcc_Zedas_C

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Wiegel

DAT WEIGEL.
DAAAAAAMN!!!!!
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:17   Link #1124
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, for one, Kio's apparently got higher potential than Zeheart, and the AGE-FX is designed to keep up with an X-Rounder. Second of all, the strength of the Gundam Legilis will really bite itself in the ass if Kio's power runs wild, like Reina's did.
In the end we really haven't seen the true power of AGE-FX, just Kio showing that no matter how good the unit he can still fly around getting beaten. It was created anyways after the first encounter with Legilis. If Kio can get serious and tap into that potential then yeah he should be alright.
Old 2012-08-27, 22:53   Link #1125
Dark Wing

So I guess Zeheart going all suicidal after taking off his suppressing mask proves that all X-rounds eventually lose their minds?
Old 2012-08-28, 05:38   Link #1126
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Zeheart is a bad example, the guy was brainwashed to begin with, if anything he is high on his own power, but that's a common human trait, X-Rounder or not
Decil was insane from the get-go, not to mention he was humiliated to the max by Flit.
Girard suffered brain damage(?) and was traumatized.
Flit was also traumatized at young age, yet he is shown to be somewhat sane, he was obsessed with revenge since episode 1 before his X-rounder powers awakened

The only real example we have of regular X-rounders that didn't suffer from any life changing happening are the Magician 8 and Fram.

Fram seems to be the only X-Rounder who is actually sane judging from what we've seen sofar onscreen

The magician 8's seem to be pretty normal aswell, they didn't show any real signs of being insane, Mink seemed to be hotblooded if anything, but i wouldnt call her insane.

Kio is a cuddly teddybear at the moment, but he suffered from shaunalua(spelling?)'s death,the assumed loss of his father, so it's hard to say if he will snap towards the end or not.

... and then we have Ezelcant, who is very messed up in the head, it's hard to tell when his X-Rounder powers awoke, so i'll leave him out of it for now.

If anything, it's been shown that the more twisted a individual is the stronger X-rounder powers he gets - Think about X-Rounder powers being like anger for The Hulk

The special case being Kio, of course.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 07:58   Link #1127
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
After seeing Gundam Legilis at full(?) power, how can AGE-FX be able to match and beat it?

It is even faster than Dark Hound in flight mode.

The Legilis' bits were really impressive against Sid and seems near infinite. I was surprised it can a barrier like the FX.
AGE FX will turn a blindingly blue "Trans Am" and beat Legilis.
Called the "FX mode".
If it even fights Legilis anyway....
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:52   Link #1128
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
The magician 8's seem to be pretty normal aswell, they didn't show any real signs of being insane, Mink seemed to be hotblooded if anything, but i wouldnt call her insane.
There is that one guy that is a narcissist in the Magicians 8. Also they are an elitist bunch that blame their own failed performance on Zeheart. Not that Zeheart is a skilled commander.

I'd say the Magicians 8 got the same spoiled treatment Decil did and some of them got their heads too big to the point they are insubordinate.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:28   Link #1129
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

AGE may have been "meh" in terms of story. But it always made the mecha part of my brain get a super hard raging boner.

Case in point, the Shaldoll Scout: http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...doll_Scout.jpg
Old 2012-09-25, 22:06   Link #1130
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
AGE may have been "meh" in terms of story. But it always made the mecha part of my brain get a super hard raging boner.

Case in point, the Shaldoll Scout: http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...doll_Scout.jpg
The Lyran Steiner's idea of a scout is an overarmed one.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:19   Link #1131
galdr

Scout version is more armed than the normal one.

I think there is another AGE MSV about MS that was used for racing.
I wonder how does MS race works. Gliding or running?
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 23:12   Link #1132
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by galdr View Post
Scout version is more armed than the normal one.

I think there is another AGE MSV about MS that was used for racing.
I wonder how does MS race works. Gliding or running?
The definition of mobile suits in AGE is pretty broad, so it can be anything really.
Old 2012-09-25, 23:34   Link #1133
Scorpiopt

Since no one most likely saw my post on the episode topic

Gigantic cannon for the shaldoll made a return

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/600/sa...gundamagea.jpg
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 00:01   Link #1134
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So going by Gundam Wiki, the Shaldoll Scout doesn't use a DODS rifle of any kind. Instead, it uses a solid round firing combat rifle. I wonder if there is anything special about those bullets, since Vagan suits barely in the first generation where immune to machine rounds seen on the Zalem and Euba MS.
Old 2012-09-27, 01:24   Link #1135
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

According to the wiki, its live ammunition weapon is designed to use ammo that won't be picked up on infrared. A DODS Rifle likely can't do that, given its energy weapon status. That said, since its a data collection unit, the weapon wasn't necessarily meant to cause damage.
Old 2012-09-27, 04:05   Link #1136
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It has to cause some damage, what if the Shaldoll is caught? If it has no weapons to capable of damaging a Vagan MS enough to retreat, that pilot is in some serious trouble.
Old 2012-09-28, 01:14   Link #1137
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
i made a picture of what the DB would look like
I think it would be better if the DH kept its normal binders, but replace the hooks with the twin DODS Rifles, that would totally work (even the base part of the gun looks identicle to the hook launchers
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 12:25   Link #1138
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Looking back in previous scenes I'm starting to see just how much of the Vagan's military weaponry were derived from SID's abilities. The propulsion systems, the positionable tail cannons, the Dorado's arm missile launchers, the particle bits... all of it matches elements of SID's design.
Old 2012-09-28, 12:55   Link #1139
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Looking back in previous scenes I'm starting to see just how much of the Vagan's military weaponry were derived from SID's abilities. The propulsion systems, the positionable tail cannons, the Dorado's arm missile launchers, the particle bits... all of it matches elements of SID's design.
It's more like, they're both coincidentally (unless it's revealed that the Vagans have discovered SID before) derived from the same technology stored in the EXA-DB.

That is quite a coincidence, I must say, considering how many technologies are stored in the EXA-DB.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 13:33   Link #1140
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh I'm aware. I was just impressed with the design similarities and the extent they went. For example, the tail cannons, while no doubt impressive and useful, seemed like an odd addition for a mobile suit. And then we see it's based off of the cannon weaponry of SID's.