AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-26, 16:58   Link #281
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

just curious about newest RAW

Spoiler for 159:

and by the way 157 is out

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 17:12   Link #282
Awrya
U mad?

Two more until we catch up with the raws, the guy wasn't that strong after all.
If the instructor didn't show up, I bet even Aladdin could take him on.
Old 2012-10-26, 18:31   Link #283
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Two more until we catch up with the raws, the guy wasn't that strong after all.
If the instructor didn't show up, I bet even Aladdin could take him on.
"Even"? Think about what Aladdin could do before putting on those restraints versus his base strength back then.

Now think about how strong he is as a normal magician right now. If he took of the restraints he could level the city in an instant.
Old 2012-10-26, 18:47   Link #284
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Now think about how strong he is as a normal magician right now. If he took of the restraints he could level the city in an instant.
But I think any of the high level magicians in that City could something like that too so....

Anyway, This guy wasn't that strong to begin with. Titus himself would have destroyed him is he wasn't using most of his magoi to protect Marga.
Old 2012-10-26, 19:30   Link #285
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But I think any of the high level magicians in that City could something like that too so....

Anyway, This guy wasn't that strong to begin with. Titus himself would have destroyed him is he wasn't using most of his magoi to protect Marga.
I sort of doubt it. Even the strongest magician can't fully materialize a djinn, remember? Aladdin on the other hand could do it by default, and now he's got even stronger. I don't think anyone except Sinbad could actually fight him evenly anymore.
Old 2012-10-26, 19:56   Link #286
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Even the strongest magician can't fully materialize a djinn, remember? Aladdin on the other hand could do it by default
IIRC it was stated during the Balbad arc that Ugo was taking magoi from somewhere else and that's why he could materialize.

Still, even if that wasn't the case, it wouldn't mean Aladdin is particularly strong. It's already well established that Aladdin, being a magi, has the ability to take power from the Rukh around him, but that alone doesn't make him strong as a magician. Knowing how to turn the Rukh into the most effective kind of magic is what makes a magician strong, and Aladdin is still a newbie on this. A highly talented one, yes, but still far behind high level magicians.

All in all, without his limiter Aladdin might be able to fight against a few high level magicians, but not whole city of them. Also I don't think he would stand a chance against Moganett at this point.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-10-26 at 20:26.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 20:21   Link #287
XFire
150% done

Quote:
IIRC it was stated during the Balbad arc that Ugo was taking magoi from somewhere else and that's why he could materialize.

Still, even if that wasn't the case, it wouldn't mean Aladdin is particularly strong. It's already well established that Aladdin, being a magi, has the ability to take power from the Rukh around him, but that alone doesn't make him strong as a magician. Knowing how to turn the Rukh into the most effective kind of magic is what makes a magician strong, and Aladdin is still a newbie on this. A highly talented one, yes, but still far behind high level magicians.
Go read chapter 78 again. Watch Yamu's face when he fires his heat blast thing.

Magi, because of their power, are by definition stronger than magicians. Yamu could have defeated him at the beginning because she could counter power with technique, but if she didn't finish him fast enough he'd beat her. And now he can cast those advanced magics with that same level of power he used previously, and he won't run out of power no matter how long he fights.

About Ugo, he was supplying him energy, which is why he'd get tired after a while. But then Ugo used his own magic, and Aladdin couldn't replenish that. Or at least that's how I interpreted it.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:33   Link #288
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Magi, because of their power, are by definition stronger than magicians.
No, the difference between a magi and a human is that magi are able to use the Rukh around them besides their own magoi. Basically that means they have more raw power than humans. But raw power alone doesn't make them necessarily stronger than any magician. A human magician would still be able to overpower a magi if he had superiority on skills. And it goes without saying a magician like Moganett is vastly superior than Aladdin on skill level.

Quote:
Yamu could have defeated him at the beginning because she could counter power with technique, but if she didn't finish him fast enough he'd beat her. And now he can cast those advanced magics with that same level of power he used previously, and he won't run out of power no matter how long he fights.
But Yamu isn't at the same level than the most powerful magicians in Magnoshutatt. It's quite clear she left the city when she was still pretty young. Heck, she is still pretty young.

Quote:
About Ugo, he was supplying him energy, which is why he'd get tired after a while. But then Ugo used his own magic, and Aladdin couldn't replenish that. Or at least that's how I interpreted it.
Perhaps. I'd have to read those chapters again sometime. My point stands though.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:46   Link #289
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
But Yamu isn't at the same level than the most powerful magician in Magnoshutatt, specially compared to magicians like Moganett.
I'm not sure what kind of context you're trying to draw out here... but ignoring Al-Sarmen, Yamu is probably the 2nd strongest magician in the world, weaker only to Moganett.

I've seen no implication that Yamu is somehow equal or comparable to just 'high-level magicians', considering she's both highly touted as a legendary genius unmatched since the founding of the school, and is so far the only magician capable of creating magoi storage devices. ( may not necessarily relate to ability, but whatever )

She's not the best teacher, proven by Myer's superior spartan training... but that's a different story.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 20:55   Link #290
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
ignoring Al-Sarmen, Yamu is probably the 2nd strongest magician in the world, weaker only to Moganett.
I don't think they ever said anything like that. They did say she was a genius-level student but it hardly follows she's the second strongest magician.
Old 2012-10-26, 21:02   Link #291
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Hmm, so the translators have finally caught up with the raw releases. or at least 2 chapters within. When I picked up the Anime 2 weeks ago, I was simply expecting an action-adventure story of the characters going dungeon hunting. But then my friend mentioned that it was more than that. So I started reading the manga and was surprised quite frankly when it touched upon basic fiscal and monetary economic policy, along with a smattering of international relations. So yeah, it took about 3 days but I managed to catch up with the manga series.

Now on the topic of the current chapter, these "Ideological reformation" courses are obviously reeducation camps yes? Or do they use magic to brainwash high leveled magicians. I'd be very interested to see the next few chapters.

As for the whole Aladdin thing...it makes me wonder how powerful he could be once those restraints come off. He's already one of the top students as an ordinary magician. Imagining being able to use relatively unlimited magoi to cast magic is just mind boggling.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 21:04   Link #292
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
What are you basing this on? I don't think they ever said anything like that. They did say she was genius-level student, but that's all.
I said, 'probably.' I have no evidence of it, just as I feel there's no evidence to equate Yamu's level as just another 'high-level magician.'

She left when she was pretty young, but she's 23 already... and given Sindria's continuous position and power-building against Al-Sarmen, it's highly unlikely to assume Yamu didn't somehow improve significantly since her more youthful days.

Though I admit, saying she's probably 2nd best is a far far leap. I'll take it back, and revise it to 'stronger than your average high-level magicians'. (Myers, etc)

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 21:24   Link #293
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

She is cream of the crop.
I don't see any problem with the assumption she's one of the top magicians in the world, if not 2nd to Mogamett.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-26, 21:27   Link #294
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
As for the whole Aladdin thing...it makes me wonder how powerful he could be once those restraints come off. He's already one of the top students as an ordinary magician. Imagining being able to use relatively unlimited magoi to cast magic is just mind boggling.
The way Sinbad explained it, it seems the ability to use the Rukh has a larger impact on stamina than power-level. To use the power from the Rukh, a magi needs to turn the Rukh into magoi, so the power-level is limited by how much magoi a magi can retain inside his body, which isn't unlimited.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-10-27 at 00:27.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 22:15   Link #295
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

after reading ch.156, I just have this theory about Magi's world.

Let's say about 1000 years ago, the world was filled with magic and kings, these kings waged war and spread destruction ( combined with a caste system made by magicians - similar to Indian caste system ), the world is pretty much a hell's hole for anyone that can use magic or have magc tools.

Then the 3 magis appeared, they decided to look for a king that can united all people and that is Solomon. I suspect that he is also a magician but highly skilled in both magic and combat. A truly talented man, he wished to bring happiness to the world.

To be able to do that, he asked all the magicians to help him create a massive magic: Wisdom of Solomon. This magic have global-scale effect and allows everybody understand each other. Then step by step, people started to talk in a same language and Solomon united many countries, religions into one: Alma Toran. Most people love him and praise him

But this is where trouble happened as Solomon saw that normal people still being treated as crap because of the caste system. Seeing that magic is source of all troubles, he made a plan to seal all the world's magic into special building that he called: Dungeons.

One of 3 magis discovered his plan and told this to the magicians. Feeling betrayed, the magicians lead by this magi formed the Al-Sarmen and wage war with Solomon and his loyal followers ( Djinn ). After many battles, Solomon realized that he can't end this war fast enough without destroying the whole world so he take a decisive step.

Using a extreme magic, he seal himself, his followers and Al-sarmen people into the Dungeons, his followers spirit become Dungeon's masters ( Djinn ). He also transfer most of Alma Toran ( buildings and etc...) to the moon to hide it ( This is why Ugo show Alladin the earth from faraway in the first chapter ). And the world started to forget about Alma Toran and the war. Why he did this ? So that one day, the magis and his followers ( Djinn ) can choose another king and finish what he started. He would also reincarnated to ensure that the chosen king will have 3 supporting magis ( in case one of the original 3 fall into darkness ).

I also suspect He input some sort of code into his followers' mind: Never choose a magician as a king candidate to avoid people from Al-Sarmen. This is the true reason why magicians can't have Djinn and be King's candidate.

As time pass, the seal become weaken, Al-sarmen spirit escaped from the Dungeons. They realized that they're still partly trapped in the Solomon spell and his plan is still going on. So they plan to make people hate destiny and stop believing in Rukh. Only then, they can completely destroy Solomon's spell and stop his plan ( Seal all the magic and create a world of equality ).

So what do you think ?
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 23:45   Link #296
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
after reading ch.156, I just have this theory about Magi's world.

Let's say about 1000 years ago, the world was filled with magic and kings, these kings waged war and spread destruction ( combined with a caste system made by magicians - similar to Indian caste system ), the world is pretty much a hell's hole for anyone that can use magic or have magc tools.

Then the 3 magis appeared, they decided to look for a king that can united all people and that is Solomon. I suspect that he is also a magician but highly skilled in both magic and combat. A truly talented man, he wished to bring happiness to the world.

To be able to do that, he asked all the magicians to help him create a massive magic: Wisdom of Solomon. This magic have global-scale effect and allows everybody understand each other. Then step by step, people started to talk in a same language and Solomon united many countries, religions into one: Alma Toran. Most people love him and praise him

But this is where trouble happened as Solomon saw that normal people still being treated as crap because of the caste system. Seeing that magic is source of all troubles, he made a plan to seal all the world's magic into special building that he called: Dungeons.

One of 3 magis discovered his plan and told this to the magicians. Feeling betrayed, the magicians lead by this magi formed the Al-Sarmen and wage war with Solomon and his loyal followers ( Djinn ). After many battles, Solomon realized that he can't end this war fast enough without destroying the whole world so he take a decisive step.

Using a extreme magic, he seal himself, his followers and Al-sarmen people into the Dungeons, his followers spirit become Dungeon's masters ( Djinn ). He also transfer most of Alma Toran ( buildings and etc...) to the moon to hide it ( This is why Ugo show Alladin the earth from faraway in the first chapter ). And the world started to forget about Alma Toran and the war. Why he did this ? So that one day, the magis and his followers ( Djinn ) can choose another king and finish what he started. He would also reincarnated to ensure that the chosen king will have 3 supporting magis ( in case one of the original 3 fall into darkness ).

I also suspect He input some sort of code into his followers' mind: Never choose a magician as a king candidate to avoid people from Al-Sarmen. This is the true reason why magicians can't have Djinn and be King's candidate.

As time pass, the seal become weaken, Al-sarmen spirit escaped from the Dungeons. They realized that they're still partly trapped in the Solomon spell and his plan is still going on. So they plan to make people hate destiny and stop believing in Rukh. Only then, they can completely destroy Solomon's spell and stop his plan ( Seal all the magic and create a world of equality ).

So what do you think ?
....You're not the author in disguise, trying to troll us, are you?
Old 2012-10-27, 00:03   Link #297
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I don't usually read *wall of text* predictions, but that was a good write, amigo.

I can see some of your theory coming true.
Old 2012-10-27, 01:00   Link #298
Ghanw
(-_-)

I just saw the large text and i was like is this real, but it can be enough to be if i didnt read the posts after. Or maybe you are the author????????
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 03:12   Link #299
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
The way Sinbad explained it, it seems the ability to use the Rukh has a larger impact on stamina than power-level. To use the power from the Rukh, a magi needs to turn the Rukh into magoi, so the power-level is limited by how much magoi a magi can retain inside his body, which isn't unlimited.
True enough.

As for that theory. Ties in things quite well. Can't wait to see if it becomes canon. :P

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 04:41   Link #300
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yamu's probably one of the strongest magicians around and also seems to be the only one who is able to store magoi supplies for use in battle, as shown when she defeated a dark vessel holder.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen