AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 01:42   Link #21
ACTL_33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
That bothered me, too. I wish the staff had a made a different decision there. But I'm still enjoying the show.
Still not complaining because it's not a total loss. Thankfully, it's still something to marvel at in terms of the choreography during those times.
ACTL_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 01:35   Link #22
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Annddd ... ep 4 has been released!
Old 2012-10-30, 12:03   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I haven't really been watching this show and seem to be in the majority here, but I have seen some clips and the like from recent episodes around some video sites and I think the thing that stands out most about this show at least from what I can tell is how crisp and vibrant the animation looks for a kids show. I don't know if it's because most of the kids shows I've watched are by Toei who really seem to love working on a shoe string budget even by 50 episode show standards or because just most kids shows don't take aesthetics into account as much as shows aimed at older audiences because they think they won't notice anyway, but it looks like Sunrise is throwing their typical amount of money at this one in spite of the usual trends and the impression is that in any given scene it's almost like the moe moe idols wouldn't dare go off model or lose detail for even a moment.

Still I kind of wonder if they know what they're doing here. Their last attempt to go into the realm of kids shows with Gundam AGE was pretty much a disaster that failed to find an audience and I'd have to wonder if this is really managing to find an audience in Japan either being such an out there concept budget or no. There's a difference between being risky and being reckless with productions and I'm not entirely convinced Sunrise hasn't crossed a little more over to the latter category in the last year or so.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:50   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. I enjoyed ep4. They may have a formula that will work. Happy to hear Sanpei Yuuko as the boy, too. She's the go-to girl to play boys, lol.

2. @Kaoishin_Sama: I think Sunrise has covered itself by having a tie-in with the Bandai girls' trading-card arcade game. And like other shows aimed at kids this actually has a strong sponsor in the list: McDonalds. So there will likely be publicity tie-ins there, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 06:52   Link #25
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 4:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-10-31 at 23:42.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 23:33   Link #26
Seihai
スマイリウム

Just watched the first episode. Story feels typical but to be honest I'm kinda new to idol anime and it doesn't look too bad. I didn't expect anything at all from the animation so it's actually... good? I cringed at the on-stage scenes though, actually got goosebumps from looking at them. But hey, the rest is pretty good, it's actually my kind of comedy+cuteness. Ichigo's VA is also addicting (the rest is a bit blunt in comparison).

Considering the audience aimed at, I think I'm actually on a good ride except the on-stage scenes and reading posts about how this show actually gets better makes me feel a lot more optimistic. Not gonna drop this.
Old 2012-11-08, 03:15   Link #27
RDF2050
Superidol

I just fall in love with Ichigo's VA. Looking forward for the next episode. This is my AKB for this season
Old 2012-11-08, 06:17   Link #28
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 5:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-10, 13:50   Link #29
Seihai
スマイリウム

Episode 5 was a nice and brief introduction to Rantarou and another good improvement for Ichigo. Once again the brief jokes in each episode really brighten up the atmosphere and further add to the happy-go-lucky vibes I get. My favorites were when Aoi went "tehe xP" on Ichigo. Or when Ichigo actually carried 10 books on her head?! And then fell down but... wow. Anyway, it seems like Ran-chan is a very nice addition to them. Now we have Aoi as brains and Ran-chan as real life experience to support Ichigo on her goal to become a splendid idol. As Liddo-kun mentioned, I would find it very satisfying if they became an idol trio because I think they already started to get along very well this episode. That would outdo the legendary idol duo, right?

As for the next episode... I can already see we're in for some more entertaining Ran-sama and Ichigo antics. I look forward to it.
Old 2012-11-14, 02:46   Link #30
The Based

Stop calling a 13-year old sexy, Aoi! You girls are too young to worry about that sort of thing.
The Based is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 08:39   Link #31
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I would find it very satisfying if they became an idol trio because I think they already started to get along very well this episode. That would outdo the legendary idol duo, right?
Them wearing similar outfits in the ending theme seems to hint that.

Watched episode 6:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-15, 09:51   Link #32
Seihai
スマイリウム

Episode 6 was hilarious, the facial expressions were priceless:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This moment cracked me up, too:
Images

The funny thing is I thought the exact same thing as Aoi when Ran-chan showed her dere side for a split second.

Haah~ gotta love this series.
Old 2012-11-22, 02:44   Link #33
The Based

How do these girls feel about the tailors that are unemployed because they're too lazy to use a dressing room? BUT I guess it's OK as long you can sell out to the barons of big felt-tip pen industry.

This week Blue gets a powerup from Handyman but would've been easily defeated had Midriff-chan used her rare cards. Midriff-chan claims she doesn't use her rare cards on unworthy opponents to get small-time gigs.
Old 2012-11-26, 13:47   Link #34
Seihai
スマイリウム

I think Ran had a point with not having used her rare card. If you used your rare cards all the time they'd become boring to the audience after a while. And the audition wasn't as important to Ran as it was to Aoi. I guess Ran also tried to be the cooldere here but I still got the tsundere vibes off her. "I-it's not like I didn't use my rare cards for your sake or anything, okay?" Another nice episode, this show is really solid stuff. Too bad the audience for this anime isn't broad at all. Oh well.

I thoroughly am enjoying the full OP and ED btw, especially the ED. Can't get enough of that "chu-chu Tuesday". It gives me the second most "don't-worry-be-happy" vibes after the Girls und Panzer's ED.

P.S.: Ever since I started OniAi I have pointlessly started thinking up parallels between Ichigo and Alisa... arrgh! Mind distortion!
edit: After a few more thoughts, I think Ichigo and Alisa would actually make good friends... dat innocence.

Last edited by Seihai; 2012-11-26 at 13:58.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 08:23   Link #35
Violet Rabbit

Hu-zah!
I expected at least 50 episodes, and it seems like that's what I'm gonna get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
P.S.: Ever since I started OniAi I have pointlessly started thinking up parallels between Ichigo and Alisa... arrgh! Mind distortion!
edit: After a few more thoughts, I think Ichigo and Alisa would actually make good friends... dat innocence.
Yeah.

Though I do feel like a moron for... drooling at the voice and then checking the seiyuu...
(not)

Episode 8:
Images
For now?

Last edited by Violet Rabbit; 2012-11-28 at 10:35.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 10:54   Link #36
Kreceir

Maybe its the wrong place to ask but, Is it possible to make a Signature of the Ending?
It was lingering in my head that Ending would actually make a awesome Signature.
Old 2012-11-29, 09:00   Link #37
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Heh, I guess this anime isn't too popular on this forum I can understand the reasons though, it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. The start was a bit rough but these past few episodes have been getting better and more entertaining (For me at least)
Old 2012-11-29, 09:02   Link #38
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Well episode 8 was my favorite episode, perhaps because it focused mainly on Ran. Tsundere ftw.
Old 2012-11-30, 03:59   Link #39
The Based

How was Midriff-chan planning to attain a clean win over Pink by covering up her midriff while her opponent did the opposite? It's a counterproductive strategy.
Old 2012-11-30, 23:27   Link #40
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Episode 8:

Spoiler:

Tags
idols, magical girl, music