AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-26, 09:32   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 651 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Happy holidays, everyone! As promised, an earlier chapter arrived! Now the chapter in question was already released, so I'll make this summary brief:

-Chapter title is "Voice from the New World". The splash is a colorspread of the Straw-Hats as their animal counterparts.

-When the monster trio locate Caribou, they discover the treasures he stole. Meanwhile, the left minister tries to negotiate with Big Mom's envoys. Soon, Luffy arrives and tells them he ate all the candy....

-Meanwhile, in the New World, we're introduced to the empress Big Mom, aka Charlotte Lingling. Her crew tells her that mermaid island was unable to supply her with candy, which enrages her. She calls her crew via Denden mushi, but it's Luffy who answers her call. He tells her that he ate the candy, and offers her the palace treasures as compensation. She refuses, but says that she'll target him for revenge instead of the island. Luffy accepts her challenge, and says that he'll make mermaid island HIS turf from now on.....

Welp, things are getting heated, they are. We're introduced to Big Mama's crew, (I love Tamago's design in particular.... he looks like a cross between Dr. Robotnik and the Penguin from Batman), and now Luffy's officially made an enemy of the Yonkou..... which is no surprise, really. And that chick with the three eyes looks kinda familiar, if you ask me......

UPDATE: This chapter was released on a double issue, so there will be a break on the following week. Expect to see the next thread around January 11th.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-01-03 at 10:50.
Old 2011-12-26, 09:52   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well this can be go in 3 direction

1) Luffy VS Big Mom: Luffy win and become next emperor

2) Luffy VS Big Mom: Big Mom win but he let luffy alive because he make good fight

3) Sanji somehow created world greatest Candy. Big Mom eat and She like it so she forgive it

Old 2011-12-26, 10:05   Link #3
marvelB

^There's also the possibility that all misunderstandings between them could be cleared up if Charlotte is really Lola's mama.....

Also, despite them just being introduced this chapter, I already want to see Bekoms and Baron Tamago join Luffy instead of Jinbei or Shira (seriously, what's NOT awesome about a dude whose hat is also a teacup?).
Old 2011-12-26, 10:06   Link #4
james0246

^I like option number 3, but I am expecting Luffy to fight a high ranking subordinate before he fights a Yonkou.
Old 2011-12-26, 10:25   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I can't wait for Sanji's reaction when he sees the real Big Mama.
Old 2011-12-26, 10:34   Link #6
marvelB

And so we also get confirmation of Eustass Kidd wreaking havoc in the NW.... which reminds me: when will we be updated on the situation with Drake and Kaidou....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I like option number 3, but I am expecting Luffy to fight a high ranking subordinate before he fights a Yonkou.

I agree. In fact, maybe before Luffy meets Big Mom, he'll end up fighting some of her stronger crewmen before confronting the candy lover herself.....

Actually, even if she really is Lola's mother, would that really erase her grudge towards Luffy? I mean, this chapter revealed her to be a rather nasty person, after all (just looks at how she literally ate one of her own men). It may be that Luffy will be forced to take her down, after all.....
Old 2011-12-26, 11:01   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wow, Luffy showed a great deal of mature handling the issues. Shifting all the blames toward him and save the island somehow (or that's what we hope)
Old 2011-12-26, 11:03   Link #8
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Man oh man. What a chapter that was, and Luffy continues on with that outrageous behavior of his.....declaring war on the WG at Enies Lobby, Invading Impel Down, then Marine HQ..and now he challenges an Emperor....

Next year is gonna be pretty damned awesome, now that we'll finally hit the NW before too long...
Old 2011-12-26, 11:05   Link #9
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well assuming big mom is lola mother

the has to be a fight first then lola come and stop it by saying straw hat save her life.

i am pretty sure big mom never knew straw hat save her daughter before he talk to luffy.

Old 2011-12-26, 12:27   Link #10
Somnus
Eh?

Ah Luffy, this is what we love you for.

Since it seems to be some sort of ridiculous ritual, I'm calling it now. That 3-eyed girl is going to be a Straw-Hat.
Old 2011-12-26, 12:41   Link #11
Kallen4life

gr8 chapter, didn't think I'd like Big Mam so much

is she even human ?

Kidd is a Boss

long live One Piece

Sanji is in for a rude awakening
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-12-26, 13:15   Link #12
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I can't wait for Sanji's reaction when he sees the real Big Mama.

Hey, at least she's not an okama this time.... I think.

BTW, after rereading the chapter, I'm more convinced than ever that the 3-eyed girl is Koala. I mean, the outfit she's wearing is even similar to what Koala wore when she was first introduced in Jinbei's flashback....
Old 2011-12-26, 13:29   Link #13
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Big Mom is a very vindictive person if she doesn't get what she wants. And as expected, she's looking like a big, repulsive monster even though Oda is concealing her somewhat under the shadows. I'm liking her already. Pekons and Tamago have very neat designs, too. Luffy really has balls challenging an emperor in such an audacious manner. He's way in over his head if he thinks he can kick Big Mom's ass.

The reveal of Big Mom is a great way to end off 2011 .
Old 2011-12-26, 13:29   Link #14
Homura7

And here I thought the "Big" was literal... guess not.

Caribou is leaving Fishman Island with his secret, this spells big trouble.
Old 2011-12-26, 13:33   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Big Mam is the most horrifying character we've seen in One Piece so far. She looks she came straight out of Berserk. She even feeds on her own crew (literally), what the fuck? I never thought I'd see this in One Piece.

I can't wait for Luffy to kick her ass (not that I think it will happen anytime soon).
Old 2011-12-26, 13:37   Link #16
Homura7

Are you guys sure that THING is Lola's mother? Because after seeing how she looks like, I really doubt this
Old 2011-12-26, 13:39   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Are you guys sure that THING is Lola's mother? Because after seeing how she looks like, I really doubt this
Lola isn't exactly a beauty either

But yeah, I don't think she's her mom.
Old 2011-12-26, 13:51   Link #18
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
And here I thought the "Big" was literal... guess not.

Caribou is leaving Fishman Island with his secret, this spells big trouble.
not to mention he still have mermaid. that probably still make him rich

Old 2011-12-26, 13:55   Link #19
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
not to mention he still have mermaid. that probably still make him rich
Actually, he threw the mermaids away after finding the kingdom's treasures, so he'll be leaving the island with nothing except a very important and valuable info he's gonna use smartly and that is sure to entail big trouble.
Old 2011-12-26, 13:59   Link #20
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well, at least the "big" in Big Mom's moniker is there for a good reason. She may even be larger than Whitebeard from the looks of it.

I kind of expected her to be a really voracious eater too because of the candy factory, but good lord, I never guessed she'd resort to cannibalism when there's no other food on hand. That's pretty damn grotesque...and I fuckin' love it. Good show Oda.~

Gotta love how Luffy was taking charge this chapter too. It's one of those uncommon times where his role as a pirate captain really shows itself. Looking forward to seeing how his and Big Mom's encounter with one-another shall go.~