AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-03, 23:16   Link #13861
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam really glad Ikeda has gone for Mizore here to be in Moka's past memories. Speaking of Mizore.

http://hongkim11.wordpress.com/2009/...mizore-figmas/

Finally found the blog of that custom Mizore figma.
Old 2010-05-03, 23:31   Link #13862
xeon921

Thanks for the summary Chris38. It sounds like the next chapter will be pretty awesome.
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 00:05   Link #13863
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
That isn't the case cyberdemon, based on what was said in chapter 30, which I found a summary off:

Spoiler for Chapter 30 Summary:

Credit for posting this goes to whsie, I'm just making people around here aware of it's existence.

Spoiler for Answer to cyberdemon's question, chapter 30 speculations:
Interesting that the grandfathers name is a character from The Swordsmen series. Invincible Asia

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 00:16   Link #13864
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Is his name reference to Master Asia in the Gundam series or some Chinese kungfu master. Been meaning to ask this for the longest time now.

Ikeda seems to like martial arts too as well as the horror genre.
Old 2010-05-04, 00:24   Link #13865
yongshun

from the way the pinyin and chinese characters are written it is a character from old chinese novel The Smiling, Proud Wander.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 00:55   Link #13866
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
That isn't the case cyberdemon, based on what was said in chapter 30, which I found a summary off:

Spoiler for Chapter 30 Summary:

Credit for posting this goes to whsie, I'm just making people around here aware of it's existence.

Spoiler for Answer to cyberdemon's question, chapter 30 speculations:
Thanks for the spoiler! Hopefully this chapter will help dispel some of the crazy theories out there about Akasha being Omote We now know that Touhou Fuhai, Mizore and Tsukune aren't physically inside the seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Is his name reference to Master Asia in the Gundam series or some Chinese kungfu master. Been meaning to ask this for the longest time now.

Ikeda seems to like martial arts too as well as the horror genre.
Fong Fong's dad is named after a legendary Chinese kung fu master - Wong Fei Hung.

As for Touhou Fuhai, he's probably a reference to Master Asia. Master Asia was also called Touhou Fuhai as a title but as for the name itself, I have no idea where in Chinese culture it came from.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 01:02   Link #13867
Chris38

Well, after reading the summary again and thinking about it for some time, I can't shake the felling that ...

Spoiler for Chapter 30:

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-05-04 at 01:17.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 10:49   Link #13868
shaselai

"As for Touhou Fuhai, he's probably a reference to Master Asia"

i think it refers to (literally) "east never falls" - basically a very powerful martial artist in chinese martial arts story. Basically he learned a new martial arts that required the user to lose his manhood. So basically he became a she and was like the most powerful martial artist hence the name. One version of His/her demise came to be when he/she fell in love with another guy (also a main char in the story) and in the end he/she committed suicide.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 11:26   Link #13869
kitten320

Thanks for the summarize! I also just saw the raws... looks really cool!
Akuha looks really creepy in this page:
Spoiler for creepy:

I wonder what exactly so horrible could happen between Moka and Akuha, that would make them fight each other and force Moka to forget... Akuha seems to care a lot...
Spoiler for hug scene:

Though my most favorite page will be this one, Akuha's entrance in real world!
Spoiler for entrance:

I so can't wait for next chapter. Wonder if Akuha's looks had changed a lot.
Old 2010-05-05, 11:37   Link #13870
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Akuha already showing up in the present? That's quite a shock! Man I want this chapter NaO!!!!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 12:09   Link #13871
shaselai

it is interesting to see why moka needed help against those guys?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 12:15   Link #13872
kitten320

I really doubed that they had used molly to cover Moka's face for no reason. They obviously sprayed something on it and the smell of it had decreased Moka's powers.

Nothing outstanding.
Old 2010-05-05, 13:31   Link #13873
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Perhaps...Akuha cared a bit too much for Moka?

Maybe Akuha comes to see Moka as being the 'closest' to her in terms of power. The only thing holding Moka back from being even more fearsome was that her mother was always around, telling her to be nicer. Out of sisterly concern that the 'other woman' was being detrimental to her dear sister's true education on being a vampire, Akuha has Akasha...disappear - in a way that totally severs any sort of love Moka ever felt for Akuha and quite possibly, the rest of her family.

I might have missed it but I'm sure someone else can sniff out if Moka is relying on her father's estate to keep her funded or is she using her mother's side to get money. I don't care who or what you are - boarding school's ain't cheap.
Old 2010-05-05, 14:07   Link #13874
zibi88

it wold be quite a shocker.... if Akuha come here to convert Moka to join Fairy tale... and fight arm to arm with her as she is the the strongest among sisters besides her...

simply family wants her back and use her power for the sake of FT.....

I wouldnt be supprised if Akuha has killed Moka's mother... becouse she made Moka soft and weak.... and simply loseing people imporant to us gives the anger huge power....

so maybe Akuha wanted moka to be equal to her kinda to have a worthy rival.... but Moka was soft becouse of her mother who allways told "no fighting.... fighting is bad" so she could kill mokas mother right in front of little moka..... which put her in spot of huge shock and huge anger..... maybe she entered berserk mode.... fought akuha to some level.... than she left saying that they will meet in future.....

maybe in this time.... little moka put the seal on...and made the seal in this way that in sealed state she would look like her mother (kinda to remember her...as the only thing that left after her).... after this fight moka could have left to human world... in search for mother (who in reality already died but she doesnt remember it as the memories have been sealed)...

anyway I wonder if Tsukune will meet moka's mother.... explain some stuff... or get a message for future moka from her (something that only those two would know daughter-mother stuff.... )

I got a feeling this might happen... becosue she said that Mokas "mentioned and intruder" so she might go and check it out... and in the same process she would find Tsukune...

hmmm not that I think about it.... what if Moka's mother will come to the forest thropught bushes... akuha sees that someoen is hideing in the bushes thinks that it was some left over mafia guy... attacks it with her strongest attack... or throws a weapon there..... but it would end up that it was mokas mother... who got hit and is dieing.... than little moka is crying at her side...... the same she tells that she hates Akuha for what she did (well just now akuha hugged moka) and promisses that she will kill her in future for this even if she will die from it...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 15:54   Link #13875
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Well, judging from those raws, I tend to think that perhaps this is all just a ploy to persuade Moka to follow Akuha. I wouldn't doubt it was she and Issa to hire those goons and capture Moka, and Akuha then steps in and saves Moka, killing off those goons. Of course, the lackeys didn't know anything about that part of the plan. It's all an act to sell the deception and increases the chances of Moka sticking by Akuha's side, something Akasha didn't care too much for.

Speaking of which, to Issa and the other vampires supporting FT, Akasha was a major obstacle for one reason or another. Though I don't think she and her daughter Moka have anything special compared to other Vampires (it's not like she can mutate parts of her body the way Khalua does), but she must come from a very noble and perhaps one of the most ancient Vampire clans in Europe. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the Vampires in this manga originated from Eastern Europe just like in old literature, considering the author has a knack for sticking to the myths very accurately.

That said, Akasha's is one of the oldest clans from Europe, and Japanese Vampires like Issa would obviously want someone like that on their side. Moka's rescue on Akuha's part is all so that they can convince Akasha that they are there to support her as they would anyone who is with them.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 16:13   Link #13876
kitten320

But why Moka? What does she know about her?
Second sister is also very strong, she was basicly on par with Moka nowdays. Back then she probably was stronger. Akuha also complimented her just now.
Old 2010-05-05, 16:31   Link #13877
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But why Moka? What does she know about her?
Something we don't know. Besides, as far as we know, Moka isn't a Shuzen like Khalua and Kokoa, which probably means that she is in fact Akasha's biological daughter. This is further hinted by Fuhai when he claimed Moka grew up to be like her mother, and Akasha's the only person who could fit that description. That Moka's sealed form looks exactly like Akasha is another hint. Someone here also mentioned that Akasha is more a western name than Japanese one, and Bloodriver is pretty obvious by itself. That's why I suspect Moka and Akasha are direct descendants of one of the most ancient clans of the Vampire race.

So why Moka? Well, she inherited the ancient bloodline, the bloodline of a powerful clan that I would guess any other younger clan such as the Japanese Vampires would want to have on their side. Moka, however, is still very young and sheltered by her mother. She has little experience of the outside world. Capturing her should be easy. Doze her with a bit of water, for instance, and the game is done. Would a very young Moka know that? Possibly. Would she think someone would try to use that against her in an environment she believes is safe, with her mother and other Vampires who are on their best behavior to make themselves affable toward Moka and her mother? Unlikely. Her capture and subsequent rescue are all a ploy to capture the heart of Akasha and Moka both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Second sister is also very strong, she was basicly on par with Moka nowdays. Back then she probably was stronger. Akuha also complimented her just now.
No doubt. Khalua is older as well, after all. The differences were more obvious when they were younger. As both of them aged, Moka caught up to a degree.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 17:35   Link #13878
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The water has to be constant to continually drain her powers. Just splashing the water will only slow a vampire down briefly.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 23:40   Link #13879
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Whatever it is, it's worth Moka's memories being sealed up. Which brings the true nature of the rosary seal under scrutiny.

For some reason, the part of me that likes to think of fiction plots is telling me that Akasha and the seal are intimately related. I dare say that Omote is some lingering aspect of Akasha living on within Moka. As to how she got there...*points to the rosario*

But it begs the question - Is Akasha the type of mother who would forcibly seal a part of herself into her own daughter to prevent her from falling into the darkness of her family's underworld? I'd say that's a big 'yes'.
Old 2010-05-06, 01:27   Link #13880
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

We need GARLIC in R+V ASAP!!!!

We got water, crosses, seals...but no basic GARLIC to stop vampires.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire