AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-03, 23:39   Link #1
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Higurashi Game Translation Project

Greetings,

My sister and I are working on a translation of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, starting with Onikakushi. So far we've translated the prologue and the Scenario menu, along with bits of menu and minigame text; we've started roughing out Day 1 as well.

We are probably going to make decent progress with the translation. Her Japanese is good enough to read the games, while mine is slow; I want a translation so that I can find out what happens

It would be great if someone could taste-test our little bit of translation (the prologue & menus) and let us know how it looks. I'd prefer somebody who can read the originals well enough to judge a translation, if at all possible. Of course, we'd like to know if our English writing is good as well.

I'm not certain about my bandwidth limitations, and we don't feel ready to "publish" yet, so please PM me if you would like to have a look at our sample and give us some feedback.

Right now it's just a patch for Himatsubushi (the full set of Question-arc games), but I'm getting together a patch for the free Onikakushi demo as well.

Thanks!
Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)

Current Status: Onikakushi has been finished and is available on our site in demo form. Our patch for the full Himatsubushi game of course has all of Onikakushi, and also includes the first day of the second arc, Watanagashi. We plan to wait until we've finished the whole arc before doing another release. - Shion

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2009-08-21 at 14:30. Reason: added current status
Old 2007-11-04, 06:14   Link #2
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

actually someone has already translated the onikakushi demo arc. well at least some chapters on it. ( up to chapter 3 )

is at the same place where you get the minagoroshi translation
Old 2007-11-04, 13:12   Link #3
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
actually someone has already translated the onikakushi demo arc. well at least some chapters on it. ( up to chapter 3 )

is at the same place where you get the minagoroshi translation
Yup, but the translator of that version doesn't seem to have a problem with us doing our own version. We're more experienced with Japanese and are endeavoring to produce a nice, readable English adaptation. Our version has image translations as well.

If you'd like to see our sample, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Thanks,
Old 2007-11-04, 16:01   Link #4
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Lightbulb

Okay, the Onikakushi-demo version of our sample patch is ready.

You can PM me for the link.

Thanks,
Mion (Sonozaki Futago)
Old 2007-11-11, 22:30   Link #5
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Question Can we use your TIPS in our version?

Hi all,

Not sure how to ask otherwise since the TIPS thread is closed, but could we please have permission to use the AnimeSuki TIPS translations for our Higurashi Onikakushi+ english version?

We plan to edit for readability, but it would help a lot to use the TIPS thread as an original translation base. We'll give proper translation credit, of course.

Thank you for your consideration.

Old 2007-11-11, 22:39   Link #6
GyroidFanatic

I suppose you'd need to ask the 4 translators individually.
Old 2007-11-11, 22:50   Link #7
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Good idea, I'll do that.

Old 2007-11-19, 01:33   Link #8
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Cool Our (beta) Onikakushi Day 1 is ready!

Hi all,

Our latest (beta) English patch of Onikakushi is ready; it includes up to Day 1 and TIPS 1 & 2, as well as image translations of the scenario & omake menus. PM me if you would like to beta-test the patch
We have patches for both the full Higurashi (first 4 games) and the demo.

We'll be trying to get Day 2 finished over the next week (Thanksgiving Break); if we can get that done and have some good feedback from the beta testing, I'll contact VisualNews about hosting the patch.

Thank you,
Old 2007-12-13, 03:56   Link #9
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Cool Our Onikakushi Day 3 is ready!

Hi all!

I'm pleased to announce that the Sonozaki Futago-tachi English patch for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Onikakushi (Day 3) is now ready! It includes translations for the Prologue, Days 1-3, TIPS 1-6, menu and button images, and Frederika's poem.

I've created a folder on RapidShare to hold our Higurashi patches. You can access it at http://rapidshare.com/users/MQK6IW.

To install the patch, simply unzip the contents into a subdirectory of the original Japanese game; double-click "onscripter-en.exe" to play.

I'll put any future patches in that folder, so you don't have to worry about finding dead links months from now - just check the folder for what's new.

Please let us know what you think!
Also let me know if you have problems installing the patch.

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2008-01-25 at 16:57. Reason: cleaned up merged posts; fixed patches; removed old links
Old 2007-12-13, 15:39   Link #10
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

, thank you very much, I'll be sure to check it later.
Old 2007-12-13, 15:41   Link #11
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Hi all!

I'm pleased to announce that the Sonozaki Futago-tachi English patch for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Onikakushi (Day 3) is now ready! It includes translations for the Prologue, Days 1-3, TIPS 1-6, menu and button images, and Frederika's poem.

This patch is for the full Higurashi (first 4 games); you may download it at http://rapidshare.com/files/76237998...kushi_Day3.zip

Here's the patch for the demo version of Higurashi: http://rapidshare.com/files/76328823...kushi_Day3.zip

To install the patch, simply unzip the contents into a subdirectory of the original Japanese game; double-click "onscripter-en.exe" to play.

I've also created a folder on RapidShare to hold our Higurashi patches. You can access it at http://rapidshare.com/users/MQK6IW.

I'll put any future patches in that folder, so you don't have to worry about finding dead links months from now - just check the folder for what's new.

Please let us know what you think!
Also let me know if you have problems installing the patch.

I'm sorry if I got this wrong... Is that the last day of Onikakushi-hen? If it is, you guys are quick, and regardless, keep up the good work!
Old 2007-12-13, 17:19   Link #12
GyroidFanatic

Something I noticed -- the translation note for "higurashi" is listed on the word's second appearance instead of it's first.

EDIT: And it crashes for me after Keiichi leaves to meet Rena outside
Old 2007-12-13, 19:07   Link #13
MrZombie

Like wise.
Old 2007-12-13, 22:10   Link #14
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Something I noticed -- the translation note for "higurashi" is listed on the word's second appearance instead of it's first.

EDIT: And it crashes for me after Keiichi leaves to meet Rena outside
Hmm... I'm not replicating the problem. Are you using the onscripter-en.exe that I provided in the package? Which operating system do you have? Are you playing the full game or the demo?

I'd like to get it working for you.... it's embarrassing to have it crash like that.

(By the way, the fact that the first "higurashi" is not noted is somewhat deliberate - he's not really in a mood to explain words at that time )

----------------

Ok, I replicated the error on my desktop computer, which is a Core 2 Duo running XP. What kind of processors are you running on?
I'm checking the onscripter code, and I'll update the patch once I fix the bug.

----------------
Ok, I'm pretty sure that it's an onscripter bug. I've tracked down what kinds of commands are running when the game halts (there are other halt points). I'm not sure, though, if it's onscripter code or an SDL library that is causing the problem....

Perhaps for now, those of you who are encountering the bug (which seems to happen on Core 2 Duo systems) should use the insani version of onscripter (which is included in the Minagoroshi translation patch). Use the same install process as the Minagoroshi patch.
----------------

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2007-12-15 at 23:46. Reason: replicated the error; fixed the bug!
Old 2007-12-13, 22:11   Link #15
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Re: ChrissieXD

Nope, there's 15 days in Onikakushi... still a ways to go from here.
Old 2007-12-14, 00:50   Link #16
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Hmm... I'm not replicating the problem. Are you using the onscripter-en.exe that I provided in the package? Which operating system do you have? Are you playing the full game or the demo?

----------------

Ok, I replicated the error on my desktop computer, which is a Core 2 Duo running XP. What kind of processors are you running on?
I'm checking the onscripter code, and I'll update the patch once I fix the bug.
Vista Ultimate
Core 2 Duo e4300, slightly overclocked
Full game
onscripter-en.exe
Old 2007-12-14, 01:10   Link #17
MarthX

Are you playng the Himatsubushi version?
Old 2007-12-14, 01:43   Link #18
Tengusoldier

HOLY CRAP, I just noticed there is a patch!!
I MUST BUY THIS NOW!
holy holy holy crap.
Old 2007-12-14, 02:02   Link #19
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengusoldier View Post
HOLY CRAP, I just noticed there is a patch!!
I MUST BUY THIS NOW!
holy holy holy crap.
Heh. You can try out the demo version first if you prefer; it's a free download from the offical site.

So far our patch is just the first 3 days of the first game of 4 in the Question arc, so there's still a long way to go.

Old 2007-12-14, 07:00   Link #20
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Vista Ultimate
Core 2 Duo e4300, slightly overclocked
Full game
onscripter-en.exe
I heard Windows Vista likes to cause problems to Japanese games