AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-07, 17:21   Link #1
7thMethuselah

Tokyo Underground

Is anyone else watching this series, the torrents have been up for quite a while but i recently downloaded them and after seeing about half (13 epi watched so far) of them I have to say this is quite a good series.
Spoiler:

Anyway, I wonder whaat other people think about this show, and for those who haven't seen it yet try it out it's been a pleasant surprise so far.
Old 2004-03-07, 17:26   Link #2
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I finsihed downloading the series a coupe days ago,
I have only actually watched up to episode 5 as of now.
All I can say is, they need more of Ruri's dancing bits *nods*
*watches second op*
Old 2004-03-07, 17:50   Link #3
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I've seen it a while ago...i liked the series (reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho and Flame of Recca) and it was pretty good...
Old 2004-03-07, 17:56   Link #4
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

I wouldn't waste your time with this series. Complete and utter disappointment. The beginning starts out all right, but the middle gets far too bloated and goes practically no where, because it tries to do too much in those episodes, and the ending is pretty lame. I'd run and run now from this series very fast.
Old 2004-03-07, 18:12   Link #5
Chaos
The Dark One

Yeah gonna have to agree with DrWho. It hypes you up then kicks you in the balls and runs away in the end.
Old 2004-03-08, 01:36   Link #6
KoroshiyaX
X

That's because the 2nd half is made up, and deviates off the manga to fit the anime schedule.

The Manga is still on-going.

AE Nisei (Anime-Empire's Manga division) is almost caught up with the anime part of the manga.

Once we're caught up, you can see the differences, and actually enjoy it more. Anime ending was made up and rushed.
Old 2004-03-08, 07:48   Link #7
kuru

I agree the end was rushed, but I don't regret watching the full series, that I thought to be pretty good... much better than you're average fighting anime.
Old 2004-03-08, 12:35   Link #8
7thMethuselah

you know you guys scare me , I'm about to start on the 2nd part and now I allready feel dissapointed before even seeing it. However I'm still gonna give it a fair chance, something that makes me see 7 episodes in a row can't be that bad... ... (i hope)
Old 2004-03-08, 13:25   Link #9
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
you know you guys scare me , I'm about to start on the 2nd part and now I allready feel dissapointed before even seeing it. However I'm still gonna give it a fair chance, something that makes me see 7 episodes in a row can't be that bad... ... (i hope)
By all means watch the rest...I liked watching it..all of it...but like everyone said the ending could of been better or "extended" in a way...

besides...isn't it better watching all of it and knowing the full story..or just giving up on it half way and thinking it'll just suck cause everyone else said it does...all this is just everyone's opinion...watch it for yourself and come up with your own
Old 2004-03-08, 16:09   Link #10
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Is anyone else watching this series, the torrents have been up for quite a while but i recently downloaded them and after seeing about half (13 epi watched so far) of them I have to say this is quite a good series.
Spoiler:

Anyway, I wonder whaat other people think about this show, and for those who haven't seen it yet try it out it's been a pleasant surprise so far.
I watched all but the last two episodes (before the tournament). It's not a bad show, some people say the ending sucks I haven't seen the ending so I can't say but as the story progresses it gets more whiney and whiney and the humor and energy in the beginning is lost
Old 2004-03-09, 01:55   Link #11
anime_luver

Send a message via MSN to anime_luver
the introduction and body of the story and anime was great (i dunno, but mayb they might hav gotten it from the manga). but i agree with everyone that the rnding was rushed and im sorry to say about an anime with a considerable amount of potential; but the ending sucked. i still think that u should watch this anime. it was able to convey emotions that were frustration, hilarity, happiness, adn much more. it was really a great anime and i dont regret watching one little bit. now im going to go look for the manga .

and 7thMethuselah, plz dotn b scared of the opinions of others, we all hav different opinions ans yours may be different. if ur opinion is different, then by all means, diregard wat we've said. so watch this anime and enjoy!
Old 2004-06-03, 00:44   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I am doing a blitz of animes I haven't watched yet and I finally got around to watching this one too and I absolutely loved it!! Yes, they rushed the ending, but it was awesome overall. I'd love to honestly see a sequel to this anime. Yes, it was that good. But I have one huge question. When I watched the ending of 26 I was like "WTF??" I know Ruri fired up her powers full bore but did everyone get out alive? Did they die? Or more specifically, what the heck happened? One second they're in the slums that are falling apart, the next second they're in the middle of a field of flowers in the middle of nowhere in a surreal setting with just the 3 main hero charecters plus Ruri and nobody else. I'm seriously confused about that ending. I'm still sitting here going "Like WTF happened?" There is definately no clear resolution on the end of this anime.
Old 2004-06-03, 02:35   Link #13
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

How long have you been watching anime? It's your typical japanese ending.... =p
Old 2004-06-03, 04:49   Link #14
Iron Monkey

Hmm, I've seen this anime a long time ago. My thoughts on it were, meh. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. It's kinda average, if you ask me. The idea had so much promise in the beginning, I thought. But it just seemed to drag on and on. I swear, the anime could have been told in fewer episodes. And I wasn't a big fan of the ending either.
Old 2004-06-03, 18:48   Link #15
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, I do admit they could have done some things better, but overall I liked it a lot. Too bad they horked the ending.
Old 2004-06-03, 19:12   Link #16
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Don't listen to the haters. I liked Tokyo Underground too. I really liked the characters and I didn't really hate the ending. It was a little vague, but you get the idea. Chelsea Rourke kicks major ass. I was looking for some Chelsea figures for a while but couldn't find any... ah well.
Old 2007-09-12, 21:07   Link #17
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Man just finished watching it The ENDING WAS CRAP!!.
Man i wish the people aboveground nuked them it would have been better
Old 2007-09-12, 22:08   Link #18
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
@mist2123:

Lol, amazing how you managed to revive the topic. I never even knew there was one at ASuki

And though the whole series was enjoyable, I have to agree that
Spoiler:

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-09-12, 22:15   Link #19
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
@mist2123:

Lol, amazing how you managed to revive the topic. I never even knew there was one at ASuki

And though the whole series was enjoyable, I have to agree that
Spoiler:
well it been 3 years since it died. I heard that the manga has a different ending I hope its a good one .
Old 2007-09-13, 15:56   Link #20
Ashez

I thought it was decent but it was years ago. I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much as I did then.
But the characters were cool and fun so I say give it a shot.

edit: was a bit shocked to see it mentioned it's pretty old, 4years or something? oh well doesn't matter.
Closed Thread