AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-05-18, 02:54   Link #1
Xacual

LFG-Looking For Group

There is a place, set in a reality and time unlike our own where the eating of small children is not necessarily frowned upon; where beings of extraordinary power can destroy entire villages with only "because I could" as an excuse; where families are comically torn apart and sold into slavery in exchange for powerful weapons or a really nice hat; where prophecy, magic and adventure is as common place as setting fire to, then reanimating a chipmunk into a skeletal minion (it happens more than you'd think); and where an epic journey can begin by an accident of fate.

This is the world of Looking For Group
(The above shamelessly stolen from the site)

I looked all over and didn't see a topic about this Web Comic so I decided to make one. Anyone else follow it? It is basically a fantasy adventure setting with a really odd cast of characters.

I've been really enjoying the current story arc but then again any story arc that involves Richard is awesome.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 12:34   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

I've been really enjoying the current story arc but then again any story arc that involves Richard is awesome.
Oh yeah, I not only follow it but have purchased the dead tree versions. My son's buddy is nuts over it and I've gotten her the Richard plushie.

The world has some parodic similarities to a World-of-Warcraft universe, but diverges heavily enough that the authors are safe from Blizzard methinks.

I love Bennie the surly "?" priestess. But outside of some over-the-top culture references and its odd way of moving between comedy and tragedy, its quite an entertaining romp.
Old 2009-05-19, 12:48   Link #3
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Oh gods LOL

My son's avatar for AIM is Richard

We're all fans here

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 12:49   Link #4
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Fan here as well

1st time I came across that site I started reading in the evening and by the time I read all those comics the sun was coming up ^^
Old 2009-05-19, 15:47   Link #5
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Richard always cracks me up, he's awesome. xP
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 15:52   Link #6
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The world has some parodic similarities to a World-of-Warcraft universe, but diverges heavily enough that the authors are safe from Blizzard methinks.
Well the Authors admitted they were planning to do a World of Warcraft parody web comic at first, but then decided they could do so much more with it then that so the current LFG world was created.

I wish I could afford to buy some of the books, I really need some more spending money, stupid college books taking it all.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-05-19, 17:43   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well the Authors admitted they were planning to do a World of Warcraft parody web comic at first, but then decided they could do so much more with it then that so the current LFG world was created.

I wish I could afford to buy some of the books, I really need some more spending money, stupid college books taking it all.
The nice thing about their own unique world is that I can't just assume behaviors or traits -- I have to let the authors provide the meat. Like in the recent thread - I rather was getting the *feeling* that his village had something underlying their new skills
Old 2009-05-19, 21:48   Link #8
Xacual

Well I was more surprised in the "mask" of his villagers,
Spoiler for Richard's Village:
I knew there had to be something crazy about any village Richard was the mayor of. His naming sense might need a little work though, "Pretty, Pretty Unicorn."

Old 2009-05-20, 11:55   Link #9
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
And lest we not forget Richard's terror-inducing battle cry:

FOR PONY!!!!!
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 13:33   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ahhh man last night I was about to go to sleep when I stumbled in here and check out the site.....I was left reading till 6am -____-

but damn what a read, some of the funniest shit I've read in along time

Richard is just too epic for words
Old 2009-05-20, 13:46   Link #11
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

All I'll say is "Fwoosh!".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote