AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 05:58   Link #2321
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

so it's not jam project? well that's fine with me since it's not like I love all of their songs (crest of z, maxon and ryuusei lovers in particular).
as long as the song's good, whoever the singer is fine for me.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 06:10   Link #2322
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Certainly better than Stereopony, in any case...
Just look @ it this way, it can't be as horrible as Wings of Words..... that's still the most baffling Gundam related OP of the last decade.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 08:09   Link #2323
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
What's wrong with Wings of Words? The lyrics are perfectly fine... just because the video didn't make a lick of sense doesn't mean anything :P PV's never do anyways!
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 08:28   Link #2324
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Funny, Wings of Words is probably my favorite Gundam theme.
Old 2011-09-26, 08:29   Link #2325
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
The HG 1/144 Age-1 Normal's beam rifle can actually turn into that beam pistol. A removable barrel made it possible
I know about the beam pistol mode on the Dodds Rifle, but that's clearly not the weapon the AGE-1 was using in the PV

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 09:07   Link #2326
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Wolf either dreams of being James Bond or Alejandro Corner. It might be a temporary weapon though until he gets the gun we see in the lineart.
Boy, is that even possible? And technically it wasn't Bond who was the man with the golden gun, but the guy after him

I hope that he keeps on using golden coloured weapons from now on. I love to see all the clips of Wolf being voiced by Christopher Lee :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Just look @ it this way, it can't be as horrible as Wings of Words..... that's still the most baffling Gundam related OP of the last decade.
Do you mean that is was a horrible song or that it was a horrible mismatch? If you mean the mismatch I agree, but if you mean the former ...

I'd hesitate to call any of the music of the Seed-verse horrible (then again, I'm the weirdo who places the Destiny BGM at the top of the Gundam franchise for having the best audio, right above Turn A and Zeta :P) but like Deacon said, the problem with WoW wasn't that it was bad (on the contrary) but that it didn't actually make sense to use it as an opening when it didn't really ... well, make any sense to use as an opening so yeah, great song, but just WTF did it have to do with anything?

Now Stereopony's Across the Tears was in all honesty a very weak theme. I didn't think it was a good song at all, and didn't hold a candle when compared to the previous themes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Funny, Wings of Words is probably my favorite Gundam theme.
It's a good song, but I'm not sure it's a good Gundam opening song ...

In any case, Towards Tomorrow appropriate (and good) enough, so I don't really have any worries on that front.
Old 2011-09-26, 09:27   Link #2327
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I know about the beam pistol mode on the Dodds Rifle, but that's clearly not the weapon the AGE-1 was using in the PV
My bad I guess I wasn't looking that much..

Looks like Age-1 won't be powerful right from its debut like the usual
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 10:11   Link #2328
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Do you mean that is was a horrible song or that it was a horrible mismatch? If you mean the mismatch I agree, but if you mean the former ...
I'll be lying if I said I the song was anywhere near a favorite of mine but my main issue with it as an OP (and which really baffles me) is that it comes across as a complete mismatch. Seems much more appropriate for an Ending theme than how it was actually used in the series.

Quote:
I'd hesitate to call any of the music of the Seed-verse horrible (then again, I'm the weirdo who places the Destiny BGM at the top of the Gundam franchise for having the best audio, right above Turn A and Zeta :P) but like Deacon said, the problem with WoW wasn't that it was bad (on the contrary) but that it didn't actually make sense to use it as an opening when it didn't really ... well, make any sense to use as an opening so yeah, great song, but just WTF did it have to do with anything?
Actually Destiny is also my fav Gundam related music, I hold Toshihiko Sahashi in very high regard and imo Destiny was his finest work. The only thing the music producer of Destiny got wrong was placing WoW as the 4th OP theme..... like I said before it would've been better off as the ED.. but that would've meant losing the superior Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru....

Edit - lol going through the SEED OP/EDs again on youtube, just saw GSD OP 3 and remembered the shitstorm that Strike Freedom being the logo Gundam for that OP caused back than, good times. And "DAMN!!" @ Cagalli in her underwear + jacket.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-09-26 at 10:22.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 12:44   Link #2329
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama

Bit of a sample of Galileo Galilei's latest contribution to anime. It's definitely important to remember that Gundam has had a long history of having ballad's for themes. GSD's fourth opening looks like it was meant to go with something else, but that they changed the theme song to Wing of Words at the last second and being the lazy production that it was under Fukuda they just decided to use the opening animation they already had.

Here's some examples of a ballad theme actually working IMO

Gundam 0080 - And Someday, Reach the Sky

Z Gundam - Filling The Star of Water With Love

MS Igloo - Sora no Tamato
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 06:49   Link #2330
PzIVf3

So shiny armor
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 09:00   Link #2331
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
So shiny armor
I want to make love to them...
Old 2011-09-28, 12:10   Link #2332
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I like the Zedas' tail

I still keep getting the GN-X vibe from them(not the Baqto, but maybe the Zedas and the Gafran) though, which is awesome. I also like Zedas' Arche-like chest (even in 00, the Arche and the GN-X do have some familial relations, so not unfitting). There's an Ahead and GN Archer mass production in the Federation and some enemies are slightly GN-X's. Loving the production designs so far.

I won't be surprised If AGE-2 does turn out to be 00 Raiser-ish afterall. I mean Ebikawa IS in the team.

Even if the story tanks, I'll be in it for the mecha designs at the very least.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-09-28 at 12:25.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 13:47   Link #2333
kakakka

If I able to get Gafran and/or the rest, I might leave them in dragon-mode. They look good.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 00:44   Link #2334
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yep, you're out-voted...

Wings of Words might have been the ONLY redeemable thing about the last 10 eps of GSD...The beginning of that song, right before those snares pick up, that $hit rolls...
Old 2011-09-29, 01:53   Link #2335
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
now i just realized that the UE MSes appearence looks almost like the monsters from the Ultraman series in when made into model kit form, i wonder if thats intentional
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 02:11   Link #2336
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
now i just realized that the UE MSes appearence looks almost like the monsters from the Ultraman series in when made into model kit form, i wonder if thats intentional
The Ultraman series has literally hundreds of monsters. Which one are you thinking of specifically?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 19:41   Link #2337
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I want to make love to them...
You need help.......

On a more serious matter are these robots or are they actually piloted by aliens? I haven't checked but just curious.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 20:04   Link #2338
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You need help.......

On a more serious matter are these robots or are they actually piloted by aliens? I haven't checked but just curious.
There hasn't been any info if the UE are being piloted by anyone yet.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 23:41   Link #2339
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You need help.......

Yeah, we don't know whether they're drones or being piloted by humans or whether they're actually the aliens. They are very mechanical like though, but then again we got metal aliens in Gundam before so its not out of the question.
Old 2011-09-30, 01:16   Link #2340
bio9205
Reborn

If the Zedas are the commanders - what are the purple units, then?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote