Good: 061 - 080 3 50.00%
Average: 041 - 060 2 33.33%
Bad: 021 - 040 0 0%
Abysmal: 001 - 020 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-30, 02:38   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 193 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
The Man Who Died Twice - 二度死んだ男 ~ Nido Shinda Otoko.

Description: ...

Animation Supervisor: Chiyuki Tanaka
Storyboard: Shigeru Mita
Episode Director: Chiyuki Tanaka
Screenplay: Shin Yoshida & (A) Masahiro Hikokubo

Title for Next Episode:
The Worst Three-Legged Race - 最悪の二人三脚 ~ Saiaku no Nininsankyaku.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-01-06 at 00:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 07:57   Link #2
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Since most people are going to watch for the new ED, well it's another Sakura one. I was really expecting a Naruto x Sasuke ED. I guess to sum it up we see her crying a lot. And no you can't blame Kishi for that. I think I saw Hinata and Kurenai also crying. I can't tell if Sakura is naked here.
Spoiler for Sakura:

Well at least she appeared to be thinking about Naruto and not Sasuke. She drew Naruto's picture on the window after breathing on it. The NaruSaku fans will be pleased.

The episode itself was okay. The quality again was high. I actually slightly cared about the ghost guy. And it had Kakashi and the Fire Lord. The only highlight for me was the present-time beginning with the return of Shiho and her quest to get into Shikamaru's pants. She was cute, although he was trying to ignore her blatant flirting. Filler might as well play up the fanservice. Speaking of which...

Spoiler for preview for next episode:
Old 2011-01-06, 15:22   Link #3
sayde

I'm going to miss the previous ED. Because I get the feeling that Naruto's not going to get an ED that good again for a very long time.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:46   Link #4
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
That might be my least favorite ED ever. Just girls crying. And people say Kishimoto is sexist. It was pointless.

Sakura is built like Sasuke. And why did the ED have traffic lights when there are no cars in Naruto? Artistic license I guess.

The episode was actually pretty good. Enjoyed it more than some manga chapters. Was that Kabuto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The only highlight for me was the present-time beginning with the return of Shiho and her quest to get into Shikamaru's pants. She was cute, although he was trying to ignore her blatant flirting. Filler might as well play up the fanservice.
You can't blame him for not paying attention to nerd girl's desperation after Naruto said "Ino needs him". Since it's filler I will pretend that Ino and Shika are doing it in secret.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 19:13   Link #5
Kallen4life

that soul jutsu is .. can't say anything more, hope someone gets it

kabuto was nice

ED sucked
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 05:10   Link #6
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I am beginning to believe that talk about the filler lasting till June. That would mean there would a long Shippuden filler arc, similar to the Six Tails Arc, coming up since I can't see them doing flashbacks till then. The Jump Festa did confirm that canon would start again in 2011. Just not when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Since it's filler I will pretend that Ino and Shika are doing it in secret.
That's what ShikaIno fans do anyway.

BTW, this was like our 4th Sakura ED in Shippuden. Nobody seems to like it due to the female crying and lack of really anything. Next ED will probably have the girls baking cookies in the kitchen for the men folk. Thank god Temari and Tenten avoid stuff like this. And again, it wasn't Kishi being sexist here since he has nothing to do with the anime.
Old 2011-01-07, 05:43   Link #7
neshru

Quote:
The Jump Festa did confirm that canon would start again in 2011.
Didn't really need the Jump Festa's confirmation to be sure about that
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 09:19   Link #8
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Didn't really need the Jump Festa's confirmation to be sure about that
2011 being all or mostly filler would not be insane. They could have started the next canon arc in September instead of doing filler. Then started a long filler arc sometime in the spring continuing through most of 2011. I wouldn't mind one big dose of filler, even for a year, if it meant two or three canon arcs back to back and quality animation. Which would mean scheduling it around when they work on the movie. And I am not sure of the exact dates for that.

Quote:
I am beginning to believe that talk about the filler lasting till June.
I say late March/early April when the OP changes.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2011-01-07 at 09:33.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 10:08   Link #9
neshru

Quote:
2011 being all or mostly filler would not be insane.
It would be insane, considering we're already 18 episodes into filler (the longest Shippuuden filler arc, the 3 tails arc, is 24 episodes) and it's just January. And they can't do anything but flashback episodes since the current plot point doesn't allow for a real filler arc in the current timeline. Can you imagine the entire 2011 being nothing but oneshot filler stories?

Quote:
I wouldn't mind one big dose of filler, even for a year, if it meant two or three canon arcs back to back and quality animation.
Not sure why you are assuming the canon arcs after a long streak of filler would have above average animation. The previous 1.5 years of uninterrupted fillers basically killed the series' animation quality. It took Shippuuden at least 50 episodes to fully recover.
Old 2011-01-07, 14:27   Link #10
Fran~
floating away...

Where is mah Tenten ED?

If i'm correct, next episode looks a lot like if the animation team is the same from the VotE's fight?...
Old 2011-01-07, 16:22   Link #11
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
If i'm correct, next episode looks a lot like if the animation team is the same from the VotE's fight?...
Nothing like that, you're never gonna see a Wakabayashi filler episode. The animation director for the next episode is the same as 180, and from the preview it looks like the overall quality will be close as well.
Old 2011-01-07, 17:24   Link #12
Maxtro

If fillers are going to last a long time, I'd want to see Naruto do an alternative universe filler arc like Bleach does. The Bleach anime team occasionally takes a Kubo drawing and makes it into an episode.

So how about a Naruto filler arc based on this
Spoiler for Naruto:
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 17:34   Link #13
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
If fillers are going to last a long time, I'd want to see Naruto do an alternative universe filler arc like Bleach does.
If you really think about it, the anime itself can be seen as an alternate universe to the manga. That's why, when I watch the anime, I don't separate between so-called filler and non-filler episodes.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 18:40   Link #14
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
If you really think about it, the anime itself can be seen as an alternate universe to the manga. That's why, when I watch the anime, I don't separate between so-called filler and non-filler episodes.
I try to do the same thing. But even as an anime only watcher, it's really hard to not differentiate filler when they are jumping around with flashbacks and seemingly random episodes.

IMO if they aren't going to go back to cannon material for a while, I want a cohesive filler arc, and something like a high school setting would be a nice change of pace.
Old 2011-01-07, 19:09   Link #15
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
If fillers are going to last a long time, I'd want to see Naruto do an alternative universe filler arc like Bleach does. The Bleach anime team occasionally takes a Kubo drawing and makes it into an episode.

Spoiler for Naruto:
That would be totally mindblowing stuff if they did that
Old 2011-01-07, 19:12   Link #16
neshru

Quote:
Spoiler for Naruto:
I would be okay with something like that since it wouldn't have anything to do with the real story, but I would hate if they did it the Bleach way, where they take the same world and the same characters in the same roles with the same abilities and just make them go through an arc that doesn't fit anywhere on the timeline.
Old 2011-01-07, 21:27   Link #17
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Quote:
Spoiler for Naruto:
The Naruto girls in Japanese schoolgirl outfits? I'll take it!

This episode was pretty close to what Danzou has done- sneaking his way in as Hokage now that Tsunade's incapacitated.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 10:28   Link #18
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I am shocked they haven't done more with their high school alternative universe that screencap is from. Studio Pierrot did do Shippu! Konoha Gakuen Den which was a slide-show and famous for having the NaruHina date. It just seemed natural to do more given how popular it was.

The Japanese and a lot of Western fans love this alternate universe. There is so much Japanese fanart with the kids in high school uniforms. And if you go on fanfiction.net, it seems like 90% of the stories there are set in high school. I think a lot of fans would enjoy this type of filler. It's Naruto, but in a different universe. Like the Rock Lee kid manga.
Spoiler for Konoha Gakuen Den:

Didn't Naruto filler already establish that there were no such things as ghosts? Yet we had a ghost/spirit/whatever in this episode.
Old 2011-01-08, 14:26   Link #19
Maxtro

Quote:
I am shocked they haven't done more with their high school alternative universe that screencap is from. Studio Pierrot did do Shippu! Konoha Gakuen Den which was a slide-show and famous for having the NaruHina date. It just seemed natural to do more given how popular it was.

The Japanese and a lot of Western fans love this alternate universe. There is so much Japanese fanart with the kids in high school uniforms. And if you go on fanfiction.net, it seems like 90% of the stories there are set in high school. I think a lot of fans would enjoy this type of filler. It's Naruto, but in a different universe. Like the Rock Lee kid manga.
Spoiler for Konoha Gakuen Den:

Didn't Naruto filler already establish that there were no such things as ghosts? Yet we had a ghost/spirit/whatever in this episode.
OMG I googled Shippu! Konoha Gakuen Den and found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1_2AsZQERQ

I had no idea it existed.

They can easily make a season out of the material they have.

Who do I contact to demand they make that instead of random fillers?
Old 2011-01-08, 16:35   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Nothing like that, you're never gonna see a Wakabayashi filler episode. The animation director for the next episode is the same as 180, and from the preview it looks like the overall quality will be close as well.
Thanks!

BTW... Naruto Fumoffu would be an epic win...

Tags
weekly episode discussion