AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 19:42   Link #1381
typhonsentra

Yeah, it ended up being my first book to finish this year.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 01:06   Link #1382
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

man oh man i just finished the rest of vol 9 and i have to say it was pretty intense...the anime was butchered in so many ways...but i still like it lol... The ball event was really dramatic and the feelings that were put into it was fantastic. i must say for the first time i really hated Saito for what he did with the princess. the anime wasnt even close in terms of intercity. cuz not only did saito kiss her twice he got some boobs action and his neck kissed. i know in the anime they made up quickly but reading it in the novel made it seem like that have to start from scratch again. My Poor louise but that bitch slap to the princess made me feel a little better lol. well thanks again Darknemo for the translations and i hope we get a good head start and are able to read past S3 of the anime cuz i believe there needs to be 3 more volumes translated before we are so called "caught up" ...
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:56   Link #1383
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
man oh man i just finished the rest of vol 9 and i have to say it was pretty intense...the anime was butchered in so many ways...but i still like it lol... The ball event was really dramatic and the feelings that were put into it was fantastic. i must say for the first time i really hated Saito for what he did with the princess. the anime wasnt even close in terms of intercity. cuz not only did saito kiss her twice he got some boobs action and his neck kissed. i know in the anime they made up quickly but reading it in the novel made it seem like that have to start from scratch again. My Poor louise but that bitch slap to the princess made me feel a little better lol. well thanks again Darknemo for the translations and i hope we get a good head start and are able to read past S3 of the anime cuz i believe there needs to be 3 more volumes translated before we are so called "caught up" ...
I can't say that I hated Saito. I suspect that I, and most other guys, would have done the same thing in that situation. That would be too much temptation to resist.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 14:01   Link #1384
Isekaijin

Indeed, he displayed a great self control. I must confess, have I been put in the same situation, I would have sent everything to hell and gone to the end with the queen. I mean, she is the queen, she has a lot of better traits than Louise both in her personality and her ejem, physical atributes.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 17:04   Link #1385
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
If I was still wavering as to where my heart lies and they were both vying for my attention (rather than it being a misunderstanding/moment of passion), I would agree with you guys. Saito, however, has made it clear that he loves Louise and Louise alone, so doing that is pretty low... and it's kind of sad how little self control Saito (and apparently many people here) have.
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 18:21   Link #1386
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Indeed, he displayed a great self control. I must confess, have I been put in the same situation, I would have sent everything to hell and gone to the end with the queen. I mean, she is the queen, she has a lot of better traits than Louise both in her personality and her ejem, physical atributes.
see i disagree with you there...i hate hime-sama and she is such a weak person. and while im a Louise fan till death i think saito could have pushed her away... he did to siesta and im sure she is more liked then the princess... i think it was a pity kiss if anything and making up by kissing louise ...im mad at louise for letting him get away with it...but since saito did realize what he did was wrong i can let that one go lol...
Old 2009-01-12, 20:00   Link #1387
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
If I was still wavering as to where my heart lies and they were both vying for my attention (rather than it being a misunderstanding/moment of passion), I would agree with you guys. Saito, however, has made it clear that he loves Louise and Louise alone, so doing that is pretty low... and it's kind of sad how little self control Saito (and apparently many people here) have.
QFT... You have to remember that saito is declaring himself being in love with Louise and still believes to be so, but having such little control...you cannot complain if the girl just drops you because you are just not reliable at all.

You know guys you shouldn't always let the crotch do the thinking for you. In some cases you just have to go above it, or else you will remain being a teenager for the rest of your life, which isnt so good, specially when you are getting older.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 17:29   Link #1388
souljamike

Spoiler for Vol 9:
souljamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 15:00   Link #1389
typhonsentra

Louise isn't being completely fair to him though, she never said she accepted and reciprocated his feelings which leaves their relationship unnecessarily ambiguous. If it were me and I said I loved a girl and she didn't even respond I'd be pretty hurt. And to be able to turn down as many offers as he's gotten, I'd say the guy has the patience and control of a saint. He isn't in a real relationship with her and she keeps sending him mixed signals, claiming her previous affection was simply a "Reward". Really, all their problems would be solved by her simply telling him how she feels.
Old 2009-01-18, 00:54   Link #1390
Darknemo2000

Her signals are not that mixed and she was acting much better after Saito's return if not only his own screw ups.

If a girl is willing to give you her virginity (a noble girl no less, and as you know virginity was always treasured in there) calls it a "reward" and you actually believe it then you are a total idiot.
Old 2009-01-18, 17:31   Link #1391
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^totally agree
i saw typhonsentra comment yesterday but decided to wait and see if anybody else would comment... i think saito knows louise loves him...otherwise im sure he wouldnt stick around...plus you dont see louise going around hitting on every guy...wh is she always worried about "SAITO". i think Louise has the patience of a saint for not kicking his ass to the curb...
Old 2009-01-19, 10:33   Link #1392
typhonsentra

I don't think hes supposed to know at this point. The reason we the viewer know is because we can literally read her mind.
Old 2009-01-19, 12:43   Link #1393
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

so if a girl lets you feel her up and make out with on a daily basis...you wouldnt think she liked you?
Old 2009-01-19, 21:26   Link #1394
PastPrime

While I would say that some blame can be given to Saito, I would say that Louise and Queen are not blameless. If Louise had made sure that he understood about the Masquerade Ball then he would have never mistaken the Queen for her. And the Queen knew that he thought she was Louise. If she had told him her identity before he started then he would not have done anything. The hormones were in full flow when he found out the truth. It would be very hard to stop at that point.

On another point, Kirche was really slick in the way she got Saito to admit to Louise being a Void Mage.
Old 2009-01-20, 00:37   Link #1395
Hubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post

On another point, Kirche was really slick in the way she got Saito to admit to Louise being a Void Mage.
Did I miss this very important part in Vol. 9 or, is this to come in Vol. 10 (which I haven't started reading)?
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 12:33   Link #1396
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
While I would say that some blame can be given to Saito, I would say that Louise and Queen are not blameless. If Louise had made sure that he understood about the Masquerade Ball then he would have never mistaken the Queen for her. And the Queen knew that he thought she was Louise. If she had told him her identity before he started then he would not have done anything. The hormones were in full flow when he found out the truth. It would be very hard to stop at that point.

Using "it would be very hard to stop" as an argument would also serve to excuse all forms of cheating on partners. "Oh, she forcefully kissed me and my hormones acted up, I had to screw her, it was too hard to stop."
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 16:55   Link #1397
Darknemo2000

Lets hope that PastPrime would get married to someone who is very tolerable or else his/her other side may end up very very unhappy, because apparently hormones leads his/her way and it becomes just too hard to stop very soon.
Old 2009-01-20, 21:31   Link #1398
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Lets hope that PastPrime would get married to someone who is very tolerable or else his/her other side may end up very very unhappy, because apparently hormones leads his/her way and it becomes just too hard to stop very soon.
I just avoid those situations. Not only does my wife have a temper very similar to Louise, she admires Lorena Bobbitt. I read an article a few weeks ago about how adept the doctors in her home country have become at reattaching a very important body part to wayward husbands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
Did I miss this very important part in Vol. 9 or, is this to come in Vol. 10 (which I haven't started reading)?
You haven't missed it. It's at the 50% point in chapter 1 of volume 10.
Old 2009-01-21, 13:34   Link #1399
Hubb

Thanks pastprime for answering my question and, I am pretty much on the same page as you as far as Louise and Saito go.
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 16:53   Link #1400
zyzzyva

Hi guys. Just like to pop my head over here for a look.
Spoiler for vol 10 chp 1:

Edit: For readers who had already read this chapter, sorry to say that there is a translation error. The Japanese raw was ambiguous, and I translated the way I thought it should be. But looking back at the context, I realized I was wrong:

Quote:
Looks like she was still very cross with what happened last night. Well, it is understandable, since she had witnessed the touching of lips between Henrietta, the one she adores, and me, her familiar.

But......do I have any right to be angry at Louise?

Saito's heart denied strongly. No, not at all.
That sentence should be:

"But......does Louise have any right to be angry at me?''

My mistake, sorry.

Last edited by zyzzyva; 2009-01-22 at 13:51.
zyzzyva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen