AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf II - Episode 0 Rating
Perfect 10 38 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 25.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 14.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-30, 11:19   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Spice and Wolf II - Episode 0 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Spice and Wolf II, Episode 0 (OVA).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-07-08 at 15:40.
Old 2009-04-30, 11:43   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Saw the episode. It delved mostly with Horo. Horo was extremely cute. Two tease screenshots to have the fan of this show salivate uncontrollably...

Horo's playfulness mixed with her shrewdness what attracted me to this series. Lawrence's general awareness of his surrounding (and the lack of it in the matters of Horo) also helped. Those aspect of the show was highlighted in this episode. I enjoyed it very much.
Old 2009-04-30, 14:09   Link #3
Izimiger

Does anyone know where in the stoy this takes place? I watched the raw (didnt understand obviously) but i cant place it. Is it following the Light Novels? I remember seeing somewhere that it has something to do with "Wolf and Amber Melancholy" chapter of Vol 7. of the Light Novels. Or is this just a Teaser anime addon thing...? Ive read up to where Baka-Tsuki Translated up to and some of the Images dont match up.
Old 2009-04-30, 16:04   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

hehe a rather cute OVA I thought, Horo just being a spoiled little princess
especially near the end, when she lights up with lawrence coming into the room but then finds Nora there, shes all down again
Old 2009-04-30, 16:05   Link #5
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

Hmm? I seem to be the first in rating it, anyway i gave it a 9
The fact that they changed some bits from the original novel and because in my opinion they made Horo more cute than needed that changed her character from season 1 stopped me from giving it a 10.
I watched the raw but having listened to the radio drama and reading the translation of vol 7 from BT i understood 90%. It felt so good watching this, i've forgotten how much i enjoy S&W. The animation was superb and the nose thing that i had been fussing over didn't really feel that big when i watched it. I can tell the VA's are getting back into their personalities and they did a great job.
I hope this episode does not reflect the seriousness of the next season because even though i enjoyed the various additions such as the Lawrence pointing, Horo's head bump, "heavy" blankets; i much prefer the actual story to be more serious especially for the next two volumes of the series.
All in all welcome back Okami to Koushinryou!!!
Old 2009-05-01, 12:24   Link #6
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izimiger View Post
Does anyone know where in the stoy this takes place? I watched the raw (didnt understand obviously) but i cant place it. Is it following the Light Novels? I remember seeing somewhere that it has something to do with "Wolf and Amber Melancholy" chapter of Vol 7. of the Light Novels. Or is this just a Teaser anime addon thing...? Ive read up to where Baka-Tsuki Translated up to and some of the Images dont match up.
It's placed close to the end of Season 1, around the time Horo and Lawrence and Nora are all still in the same town and have a bit of cash to throw around.
Old 2009-05-02, 05:57   Link #7
Xacual

Ahh Horo was so cute and lovable as always. I can't wait for July to come around.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-05-02, 10:57   Link #8
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was an easy reminder of why I thought during S1 that Horo was one of the most endearing female characters I'd seen in anime or any other form of media for that matter...Just lovely.

Hoping this is a good sign of what S2 may bring.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-02, 11:42   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Is the BSS subs entitled Spice and Wolf II 00 that's been floating around part of the pre-season 2 OVA? Some people claim it's the first episode of of season 2 but I don't want to download it yet until I confirm what it is...
Old 2009-05-02, 14:17   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Is the BSS subs entitled Spice and Wolf II 00 that's been floating around part of the pre-season 2 OVA? Some people claim it's the first episode of of season 2 but I don't want to download it yet until I confirm what it is...
yea that would be the OVA, I just watched it. Don't know if its just me or not but didn't look all that good in quality but meh Horo's uber cutensess makes up for it

jealous Horo = win!!!
Old 2009-05-02, 14:38   Link #11
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Yeah, the BSS release is the "episode 0" OVA. Many LOL moments in this for me, but animation/art changes drop it to an 8 IMO.

Have to see if it "grows on me" in the new season.
Old 2009-05-02, 15:29   Link #12
itisjustme

The opening sequence kinda annoyed me, didn't like the new Horo design compared to first season, (understandably) low production values, seemed to be milking Horo's cuteness to the last drop. Hrm.

Some funny moments though, and the first scene reminds me of threesomes where you always get someone who feels left out.

7/10
Old 2009-05-02, 17:33   Link #13
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
9/10

It certainly invoked the atmosphere I came to love from the first season, but this time Horo has just set a new standard in moe

Nice lead-in to the new season.
Old 2009-05-02, 17:49   Link #14
Solafighter
Hige

Cute and funny episode.

Looking forward to the second season of Spice and Wolf.
Old 2009-05-02, 19:16   Link #15
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Rather good episode. I'll give it 8 out of 10. They changed studio, but old team worked really well and this time. It has the same atmosphere and pace like the previous season. Nothing changed and this is really good.

Nothing unusual or specific in this episode, but it was interesting. Just another small piece from daily life of our heroes.
Old 2009-05-02, 20:56   Link #16
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
The opening sequence kinda annoyed me
Yeah the music was a pain for my ears.
However this OVA was fun
Old 2009-05-02, 21:16   Link #17
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I have a question, in the opening sequence, are the shots with all the words the credits? At first I thought it was saying something important and was worried that I was watching a RAW but now I'm not so sure...
Anyway, I didn't like the OVA as much as I liked the last season. The characters just felt, awkward. Although Horo was very cute, I need to find a RAW version later so I can get screenshots without the mountains of text.
Old 2009-05-02, 21:21   Link #18
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
The OVA was fun and funny, but I also hope it's not a precursor to the tone that season 2 will take. I doubt it will be though.

So can we take this OVA as main story development? Even the dream sequences? (Since they're essentially Horo's thoughts.) I'm just wondering if we can take what's developed/revealed as set in stone, and something that won't be turned back.

@ wandering-dreamer - Yeah those are credits. So don't worry.
Old 2009-05-02, 21:23   Link #19
Xacual

This OVA is based on one of the side stories in volume 7, Wolf and Amber Melancholy I think it is. So yeah this is canon main story development.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-05-02, 21:24   Link #20
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Yeah the music was a pain for my ears.
Lad ... I was also surprised by the musical score , but it fits perfectly the medieval/renaissance era
Closed Thread