AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-07-11, 13:36   Link #1
NeoSam

Aki Sora OVA

The shounen/seinen manga Aki Sora by Itosugi Masahiro will be getting an OVA adaptation:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090712

The OVA will be released with the limited edition third manga volume which will be released on December 18th, 2009.

あきそら
Aki Sora

The manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Champion Red Ichigo.
Currently there are 2 volumes released of the manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

From MangaUpdates:

Quote:
Aki Sora revolves around Aki Aoi and Sora Aoi, a pair of close siblings who have shared an intimate bond since childhood. During their coming of age, they each come to realize the true depth of the love they feel for each other and consummate that love in secret. They keep their younger sister, Nami, Sora’s twin in the dark about their new relationship. Nami, clueless of what is happening in her household aims to set her brother up with her best friend, Kana Sumiya. Despite these relationships Nami seems to have feelings for someone near to her too but keeps them secret.
Mangaka: Itosugi Masahiro

Genre: Shounen/Seinen, Romance

Last edited by NeoSam; 2009-07-17 at 15:06.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:46   Link #2
FireChick

I wonder if this is gonna end up like Angel Sanctuary?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:53   Link #3
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh wow, this one really got animated ? o.o;
@firechick : what happened with Angel Sanctuary ? o.o;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:55   Link #4
Ice-CooL

Hmm I wasn't expecting this series to get an adaptation..., the manga is pretty hardcore, on par with hentai titles,...you got:
Spoiler for manga:
Ice-CooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:00   Link #5
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I don't see how this won't be hentai....

Edit: Ah, didn't read it. It's an OVA with the manga release. That makes more sense.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:00   Link #6
NeoSam

Here's images from the first volume of the seinen manga Aki Sora: (NSFW)
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50781389.html

Last edited by NeoSam; 2009-07-11 at 14:40.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:17   Link #7
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Whoa ? is it okay to post that in this thread ? o.o;
I was thinking that this might be similiar to Shoujo Sect, but... The staffs somehow make me doubt it.
Quote:
*Staff Credits:
Director: Takahashi Takeo (”Spice and Wolf”)
Character Design: Kuroda Kazuya (”Spice and Wolf”)
Scenario: Hanada Jukki (”Rozen Maiden”)
\

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:18   Link #8
Falkor

oh, no way...

are they really planning to animate this title? if I remember correctly, every chapter had at least a "soft sex scene"---ehhh, not that surprising given the nature of the magazine. and they were pushing the limits a bit, especially in the last chapter I had read.

I thought the manga was good, especially the bits of drama that were introduced every now and then--- but I didn't particularly like those "soft sex scenes" for being rather tacked to each chapter. oh well, not that I know the main reason why they want to animate this...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:24   Link #9
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
^
Whoa ? is it okay to post that in this thread ? o.o;
The manga was serialized in a shounen manga magazine, other than this manga all other manga from the magazine are mentioned to be shounen manga, but this is the only manga mentioned by the publisher to be seinen.

So I'm really not sure if its ok or not, its serialized in a shounen manga magazine is my excuse

Edit:

I added NSFW to that post so people will know it contains adult content.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2009-07-11 at 14:40.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:48   Link #10
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

well it have some yuri on it....so I will watch it lol
Old 2009-07-11, 16:19   Link #11
zato_1one

Isn't this hentai manga!?!

How the hell this can be published in shounen magazine!?

I just know today that its genre is only labeled as seinen. It's definitely hentai in my book.

Can't wait for the OVA. lol
Old 2009-07-11, 16:56   Link #12
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I hope they animate the gang bang chapter...
Old 2009-07-11, 19:31   Link #13
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

I'm glad they decided to animate this.
This is probably my favourite manga. It deals a lot with the morals about sex. Some parts of the manga are trully liberating.

Having a lot of hot girls don't hurt either.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 19:50   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Isn't this hentai manga!?!

How the hell this can be published in shounen magazine!?

I just know today that its genre is only labeled as seinen. It's definitely hentai in my book.

Can't wait for the OVA. lol
haha well instead of calling it a hardcore senien romance(btw which has a rather weak romance element to it) I put it as a softcore hentai cause that what it bascially is. Story just shouts hentai and thats what it really should have been.

cause of its rather thin border on where it stands it kinda fails in this aspect, its like a hentai series that wants to have some sort of plot but doesn't want to show us anything good

well putting that aside I'll watch it anyway
Old 2009-07-11, 20:11   Link #15
Fandal

Isn't this that controversial manga which "challenges the limit of a non-adult magazine" - from that site above (en.akibablog.net)?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 20:24   Link #16
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Oh lol i was hoping they will animate GoSick or S9...but this one not bad i guess?
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 20:29   Link #17
ZODDGUTS

Would have prefered Yomeiro Choice to have been animated over this, oh well hopefully that gets animated one day.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 20:36   Link #18
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Isn't this that controversial manga which "challenges the limit of a non-adult magazine" - from that site above (en.akibablog.net)?
Yes, exactly, its a shounen manga magazine, with only this manga (Aki Sora) described as seinen manga by the publisher while all the other manga from the same magazine (that have been published in volumes) are described as shounen manga.

A "general" readership magazine (well, its a shounen magazine) that serilizes one mature manga lol
Old 2009-07-11, 21:19   Link #19
Falkor

it's not like Aki Sora is the only controversial title published under this magazine. Some stuff in Champion Red Ichigo and its sister Champion Red are also pushing the limits. taking for example Yomeiro Choice (which I want to see animated as well), this manga is pretty much walking on a very thin line, with some stuff that will make you think twice about the non-adult nature of the magazine. Seikon no Qwaser, soon to be an anime adaptation, seems to be another title that also has its fair share of controversial content. I will even throw Franken Fran into the mix for being quite unique... but we all know that it has very little in common with the aforementioned titles even though it's published under the same magazine.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 21:28   Link #20
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
it's not like Aki Sora is the only controversial title published under this magazine. Some stuff in Champion Red Ichigo and its sister Champion Red are also pushing the limits. taking for example Yomeiro Choice (which I want to see animated as well), this manga is pretty much walking on a very thin line, with some stuff that will make you think twice about the non-adult nature of the magazine. Seikon no Qwaser, soon to be an anime adaptation, seems to be another title that also has its fair share of controversial content. I will even throw Franken Fran into the mix for being quite unique... but we all know that it has very little in common with the aforementioned titles even though it's published under the same magazine.
You can think of them as smut in shounen manga magazines , because other than this manga (Aki Sora), manga like Seikon no Qwaser, and Franken Fran, and others that come from both these shounen manga magazines (Champion Red and its sister magazine Champion Red Ichigo) are mentioned to be shounen manga by the publisher.

Its like they are trying to get these magazines as controversial as possible which somehow I like mature shounen manga

Tags
borderline hentai, incest, romance, seinen, shounen