AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 16:29   Link #41
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Iroiro 01 - Through Snow and Wind and Rain:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 18:40   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Enjoyable but slow. Loved the atmosphere, and Gotou Mai's imouto and Ono Ryouko's antagonist/love interest were both nice. I guess this is the cast from the ero-game.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 00:39   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 07:04   Link #44
Oryon

The encounter predestined in the first episode should indicate much sugar in the future, able to kill an incautious diabetic.
Oryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 08:19   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol at the philosophic prologue, I've almost forgot what's it's like watching a galgame adaptation I haven't seen one of these since... Wow, was it Clannad? Anyway, for people who thinks that Horizon is complicating then this should bring them back to very familiar ground, truth be told I'm only interested because of the character designs The first episode is absolutely nothing experimental, and the ending with Sena's declaration have very striking resemblances to Akane Iro (Wait, was that before or after Clannad?) for me because lets face it- of course you can't have the male and female lead getting along well at the beginning. (Wait, there was a sister in that one as well...)

With Manglobe behind the wheel my expectations are positive but I'm pretty sure the curse of Manglobe would prevent it from getting good sales anyway

P.S - That makes two 'Sena' in one season that caught my eye

P.P.S - Goddamnit! It's that bodiless cat again ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 11:27   Link #46
Marina2

Nice first ep. I love the first 10 minutes.

Sakuno and that purple hair girl in garden are my favorite.

Sadly, I watched it in RAW ,so I don't understand some part of it. Can you guys tell me what did Sena say at the end of ep.? (Something about school ??)

And..... Sakuno is not blood-related sister, right?
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 11:43   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 1 (0?):

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Sadly, I watched it in RAW ,so I don't understand some part of it. Can you guys tell me what did Sena say at the end of ep.? (Something about school ??)
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
And..... Sakuno is not blood-related sister, right?
I'm listening to the episode again, but I don't think they revealed this in the anime yet, so I think you should wait and see. If you really want to know now, we should go to the game thread.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-05 at 11:59.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 20:34   Link #48
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for Episode 1 :

edit
Spoiler for episode1:

more late edits: fixed a typo in the character name in my post
And yeah, i probably shouldn't be posting about minor stuff that weren't shown in the anime yet.

Last edited by hyl; 2011-10-05 at 22:01.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 21:32   Link #49
relentlessflame

*Administrator

hyl: I had to edit your last two edits from the post to avoid giving hints to anime-only viewers about what they should expect based on your knowledge of the game. I'm going to try to carefully tow the line too on this point. Granted that the points you mentioned were not major by any means (and one of them was actually a good observation)... but yeah... better safe than sorry. We can discuss our game-based speculation in the game thread (or create one if there isn't one yet).
Old 2011-10-06, 05:37   Link #50
Seiryuu

From a quick glance, one thing came to mind: Her Majesty Catball Leonmitchelli has a new job.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 06:53   Link #51
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

While I found the episode to be a largely satisfying deal, in terms of character interactions and mood, both of which gave a sense of genuineness to a fairly typical setup, I will echo the sentiment that pacing was on the slow side. I was definitely caught by surprise how long the search for Sakuno went. (On that note, how does she manage to get lost by going to her neighborhood's mall ).

On the upside, the calm approach allowed to set up a nice and sincere mood that put a fairly warm accent on Shingo's and Sakuno's sibling relationship, but the flip-side is that not much happened in the episode as a whole. The whole episode basically spent time easing viewers in to its slow pace, and while it helped the atmosphere a good deal, there wasn't all that much accomplished, story wise.

Personally I don't mind at all, but it will be interesting to see what anime-only watchers think of it, and the pacing employed. While they chose a pretty good spot to end the episode at, I could definitely see the complaint that it was slow-moving as a legit one.

Be as it may, the overall impression was a positive one. A sincere atmosphere surrounding the characters and their interactions, characters designs and general animation style that I found quite appealing and a "cliffhanger" () ending. Was nice to see Airi's resolve falter a bit when coming face to face with the two siblings, and finding her two newfound friends among those she is about to denounce. But hey - at least it means there is a guy among the crowd who might be able to leave a positive impression on her.

So .. yeah. A good, if a bit slow, episode all around, so the hope that Manglobe might deliver a satisfying adaptation of MashiFoni still lives. Cautiously optimistic about seeing how it unfolds further.
Old 2011-10-06, 10:18   Link #52
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
(On that note, how does she manage to get lost by going to her neighborhood's mall ).
Also, get that girl a smartphone with GPS and a Maps app. (Granted the original story was written a few years ago, so it's a bit sign of the times.)

Quote:
Was nice to see Airi's resolve falter a bit when coming face to face with the two siblings, and finding her two newfound friends among those she is about to denounce. But hey - at least it means there is a guy among the crowd who might be able to leave a positive impression on her.
Yes, I thought this in particular was well-done and came across quite well... perhaps even better than in the original work just because you can more easily discern the emotions involved in this form. Her mother's reactions also came across well during that segment, going from "here she goes again" to "now she's done it... *facepalm*". I was impressed by how much of the dynamic they were able to convey between mother and daughter in that short scene.

Another scene that I thought was well done (even though it's simple) was the introduction to Miu, looking onto the courtyard. Everyone else is noticing and commenting on Pannya (after the comment that "nothing should surprise us anymore"), but it's clear that Shingo's not looking at the pet. Shingo's trance and subsequent reaction was like "oh yeah, there's a pet there too?" Subtle, but good.

So yeah, cautiously optimistic...
Old 2011-10-06, 12:40   Link #53
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Well, I'm impressed. I genuinely didn't know what to expect, though the wintery scenery at first surprised me.

OP is absolutely magnificent (ear worm - the first part of the chorus has been in my head since I heard it ), and the ED is just as good.

Sakuno and Airi definitely could've done with some kind of map there - honestly, how can you get lost in your home town...oh wait, never mind. I do that sometimes .

It's hard to truly put a thought on Hayate. He was barely there (given the slow pace, no surprise).

Angie - pure utter bizarro win. Quite amusing that she can say "Welcome back!" to people she's never met...always liked the slightly strange types.

Genuinely think the slow pace worked very well here for this episode (another one that felt like an Episode 0, along with Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon). Apart from anything else, the shock value of Airi Sena becoming very friendly with Sakuno and Shingo at first (even referring to Shingo as a 'brother' at the end) - only to turn on the pair of them.

Bit of a shame, really - though it gives plenty of opportunity to mellow out the fiery Sena.

Either way, what the hell is up with the teachers? One seems to have androphobia (Inami comes to mind, barring the fact that this teacher won't punch people), and the other (the principal) is under Sena's thumb so much that Sena may as well be the principal.

Shingo - I'm honestly not entirely sure what to make of him yet. Respectful towards others (as stated through the conversation with Angie) and cares dearly for his sister, yes, but I don't believe I found out anything else about him (again, slow pace may be the reason behind that - namely the logic that he has had the chance to show his character).

Have to admit though, everything seemed to flow nicely, despite the slow pace - definitely think this could be a good show if it keeps up with this quality.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:00   Link #54
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Sakuno getting lost so easily, even tried to take a bath with her brother. So is Airi's mom the principal? Angie was so funny, what exactly is a nora-maid? What the hell was the animal, it was pretty cute though.
Old 2011-10-06, 14:04   Link #55
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Anime only viewer here, but of course i have my fair share of having played VN's myself...

I'm quite shocked that the pacing of this episode was this slow. Atmospheric it may be, this is seriously going to cause issues down the line if they are really going for a 12 episode adaption of yet another VN.

I was getting massive Fortune Arterial vibes from this, which is not good. Not necessarily in the tone or pacing, but how the first episode while being a nice introduction to the story, just felt a tad generic overall.

Sakuno while being somewhat moe just felt like yet another typical brocon girl in this show. If there isn't a route involving her and her brother in the VN I would be shocked. The maid was a fairly generic character as well. And of course our lead... Well so far I get nothing from him. He's even less interesting than the lead of Fortune Arterial so far because all he seems to be is the typical "mr.perfect" lead. No inner troubles, or worries, and really no reason why I should care.

That's fine. I'm not expecting this VN adaption to be particularly deep or thrilling. But then I will expect it to be fun, whether it be the plot or the character interactions. The setup between Sena and the main lead at the end seems to be quite a funny one. She will "NOT" accept him into her school . But that's definitely a problem. If they are going to tread this ground, that means everything has to be held up by good writing rather than good characterization since the characters themselves as presented thus far are just rather flat.

If this VN adaption had all the time it needed, I would not necessarily worry so much, but I'm super skeptical of one cour VN adaptions in general by default. I really don't expect the writing to be smooth and to hold up under such time constraints.

That's primarily where Fortune Arterial hit a rut. Beyond some quality issues overall that saw a decrease in everything on the production side as things went along, the writing just felt so fast, so forced, and so unmoving that everything just came off as flat and boring. I don't expect this anime to do much better unfortunately.

I'll be keeping this as I am a big fan of Maglobe in general (Though I really do miss the days of Samurai Champloo and Ergo Proxy for them), but I'm suppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeer skeptical of this adaption succeeding regardless of how good the source material is.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:10   Link #56
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol Sakuno getting lost so easily, even tried to take a bath with her brother. So is Airi's mom the principal? Angie was so funny, what exactly is a nora-maid? What the hell was the animal, it was pretty cute though.
I think it could be based on norainu and/or noraneko - which mean stray dog and stray cat respectively.

Thus, Angie is a 'stray' maid. (and the subs I watched came along the same lines - nora meaning "lost" or "stray")
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:37   Link #57
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Another scene that I thought was well done (even though it's simple) was the introduction to Miu, looking onto the courtyard. Everyone else is noticing and commenting on Pannya (after the comment that "nothing should surprise us anymore"), but it's clear that Shingo's not looking at the pet. Shingo's trance and subsequent reaction was like "oh yeah, there's a pet there too?" Subtle, but good.
As the male lead, Shingo obviously knows where his priorities must lie

But yeah, I liked the scene as well. Considering Miu was probably my favorite heroine of the original, I am quite looking towards what they can do with her here. (Even if thinking about it leaves me somewhat worried, but that's not a conversation for this thread).

@Reckoner

Indeed, I can see how this being one-cour can be worrying (as are most VN adaptations that only get one season, heh), double so with the pacing of ep1 being as laid-back as it was. That said, it's all in the hands of Manglobe, and given my subjective opinion, MashiFoni actually can work as one-cour, depending on how they go about it.

Fortune Arterial was bad for sure, and I knew from the start 12 eps wouldn't be enough for it, but I feel that this show might pull it off, with clever use of time and depending on how they plan on adapting the story. It's a very character driven story indeed, so there is a lot they can accomplish by playing their cards right.

Given what I imagine the set goals of this anime to be (though I have been proven not to see eye to eye with VN-anime directors before ), they can probably afford the slowly paced start to ease us in with the main characters. That said, here's hoping they pick up the pace now that they have gotten to the school part and cat is out of the bag, and not just Miu's cat.
Old 2011-10-06, 15:14   Link #58
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
@Reckoner

Indeed, I can see how this being one-cour can be worrying (as are most VN adaptations that only get one season, heh), double so with the pacing of ep1 being as laid-back as it was. That said, it's all in the hands of Manglobe, and given my subjective opinion, MashiFoni actually can work as one-cour, depending on how they go about it.

Fortune Arterial was bad for sure, and I knew from the start 12 eps wouldn't be enough for it, but I feel that this show might pull it off, with clever use of time and depending on how they plan on adapting the story. It's a very character driven story indeed, so there is a lot they can accomplish by playing their cards right.

Given what I imagine the set goals of this anime to be (though I have been proven not to see eye to eye with VN-anime directors before ), they can probably afford the slowly paced start to ease us in with the main characters. That said, here's hoping they pick up the pace now that they have gotten to the school part and cat is out of the bag, and not just Miu's cat.
Well seeing as you are someone who has played the VN, and knowing how you felt about Fortune Arterial's adaption, I find this very reassuring.

Next episode I suppose will really be when we can start judging their use of pacing.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 17:28   Link #59
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Just watched the first episode, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The music especially is very nice and fitting for the atmosphere. The characters are interesting enough[hair ties everywhere] and it seems to be a relationship-building venture for now. As of now, Sakuno is probably my favorite.

The color-border thing with their eyes is kinda distracting though.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 21:38   Link #60
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

WTB imouto who waits on you hand and foot lol. Man, Sakuno is cute, especially that picture she took with her cellphone.

That said, zettai ryouiki of main girl is to die for. Used to prefer long dresses like Sakuno's uniform... until zettai ryouiki came along. Sena's legs... :drools:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen