AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-02, 10:56   Link #1281
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Poor Sena getting cast aside like that -- after that naked bath scene... as if it never happened.

EDIT: Eps 10. Lame lame lame. Bah!
I don't know if it'll ever be easy to help people who start to like Airi to come to terms with what the show was implying the bath scene meant (i.e. that Shingo didn't love her). Even after writing an FAQ about it, it doesn't really change that some people don't like it, so it'll probably forever be a divisive factor about this show. I guess they could have resolved it by making it even more clear (and less implied), but then it would have removed some of the mystery about what happened next, so I can see why the ambiguity. Oh well...
Old 2012-04-02, 11:43   Link #1282
Kyuu
=^^=

Eps 10 made me want to rush and get the series over with, rather than savoring the remaining two. Never did I see a kissing scene that made me sick (XD). It just all seemed "fake" when you look at the series as a whole.

It's not the ambiguity that was the problem. The problem stemmed from Miu being a "tangent". It just seems out of nowhere for the Miu thing to come about. The series was leading towards this one direction, but then it suddenly made a sharp right turn into another direction.

===

The first 6 episodes was spent on developing Sena as the "main" girl; but then suddenly, she's not relevant anymore. Had she not been relevant in the first place, things may have been acceptable.

OR

The first 6 episodes were to remain as is; but they find someone else other than Sena to join the Kitty Club; and some kind of "distance" grows as a result. Of course, they had to have her join, in order to keep giving her screen time.

===

Whatever.

Who ever the main boy gets paired with, I really don't care. All I ask is some kind of sensible continuity from start-to-end of the series. In fact, it shoulda been Miu and not Sena, who found the brother-sister combo at the very beginning. Then probably, the rest can stay the same.

If other girls are to be thrown into some kind of harem situation, that's fine. In fact, I have no complaints with how red-headed Sana was handled. She was made into a girl, who never had a chance to begin with.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 11:53   Link #1283
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
It's not the ambiguity that was the problem. The problem stemmed from Miu being a "tangent". It just seems out of nowhere for the Miu thing to come about. The series was leading towards this one direction, but then it suddenly made a sharp right turn into another direction.
We had this conversation before in this thread, and while I understand why you saw it that way, I don't really agree with that point of view. If you're interested, I summarized a lot of the discussion we had previously here. The main point is that the show tells the story of Airi getting closer to Shingo, being essentially rejected by him, and then watching her best friend fall for him as well. Shingo was actually attracted to Miu from the get-go (and vice-versa), but there were other issues that had to be addressed first. Airi was actually the tangent from that point of view (the point of view of Shingo's romantic interest, not the story emphasis).

Anyway, as tempting as it is to rekindle the old debates, I suppose you can just read back through the thread or consult the link for a summary of at least my point of view.
Old 2012-04-04, 03:07   Link #1284
hyl
reading #hikaributts

After getting a boosterbox (which was shipped together with the 3rd blu-ray that I bought at the same time)of the Mashiro iro Symphony's cardgame, I ended up finding this secret rare in my 6th booster. O_o

hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 13:11   Link #1285
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
BTW ... the BD releases of these eps are absolutely beautiful. Nice, sharp video. Excellent and worthwhile imo!
Old 2012-04-04, 13:19   Link #1286
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
BTW ... the BD releases of these eps are absolutely beautiful. Nice, sharp video. Excellent and worthwhile imo!
Sometimes the extras are nice too. Besides all the physical inserts like promo cards or the cloth poster (or whatever they are called in English) with Art from Tsubasu Izumi, the bonus footage are sometimes nice.
Like the picture drama of Airi in the first blue ray or the mini Sakuno vs Ange special (with some fanservice shots).
The music video of Sakuno's and Airi's newer image songs in the 2nd blu ray was nothing too special though.

One thing that i liked less was the inclusion of more fanservice in the first episode. (bath scene)

edit: As a Sana fan, I will really like the insert of the 4th blu ray

Last edited by hyl; 2012-04-04 at 18:01.
Old 2012-04-23, 19:47   Link #1287
Dorsai

I need to learn to not to watch adaptations of eroge games ever again... Why they always have to destroy good material? Bunch of idiots without any creativity and imagination to create something own...
Old 2012-04-23, 20:50   Link #1288
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
I need to learn to not to watch adaptations of eroge games ever again... Why they always have to destroy good material? Bunch of idiots without any creativity and imagination to create something own...
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but as a big fan of the game, I actually thought the anime did a very good job of representing the source material, and was quite faithful to the game considering the time they had available. I definitely wouldn't say that the game was "destroyed" by any means, though of course they had to make a few choices of what material to cover. Sakuno's route was omitted (understandably), and Airi's route was reworked to fit the circumstances, but I think all the essential points were rather-well preserved. I actually thought the way they blended the elements and incorporated lots of game scenes was rather creative. So... not sure what you found so offensive, to be honest. Do you want to clarify?
Old 2012-05-20, 05:37   Link #1289
Seihai
スマイリウム

I just marathoned Mashiro-Iro Symphony. I also read your FAQ, relentlessflame, and despite the fact that I am an anime only viewer, I share most of your views and I also did notice all of the foreshadowing and subtle signs made throughout by the different facial expressions and so on. This anime definitely knows what it wanted to deliver and I just like the whole school life atmosphere with a "harem" but without the typical fanservice that makes this feel more mature yet still light.

The only thing is, which I think many others also think, is that I would have honestly liked Shingo to end up with Airi. I don't know if it's because I think too stereotypically but the couples I "ship" never come true anyway (only exception is Asakura+Nemu from Da Capo). And that gives me a real heartattack so to say because once again I saw it coming and I even grabbed my chest tightly when Shingo hugged Miu and then confessed to her. At least they didn't show Sana's initial reaction to when she happened to overhear them, I was already about to tear up.

Anyway, I'm glad I read relentlessflame's FAQ because I really believed the girls when they told theirselves that they'd stay single forever. However it does make sense for it to be a momentary thought more than an everlasting one, because the show focuses on accepting change, and they still have a whole future in front of them. I'm glad it didn't make me roll my eyes like for example Tayutama did (another suicidal decision where I shipped Ameri), and I will simply leave Airi's future up to my own imagination where she ends up with a person that is as excellent and sweet as she is. Well, I can only assume all of them will find their guys since they're all nice this time around, haha. It's been a really likable cast, I enjoyed all of it which even goes for Pannya (goddamn she is too cuddly).
Old 2012-05-30, 12:17   Link #1290
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The special on the 5th blu-ray was about Sana and "Shingo" . Eventhough it was in the same funny and somewhat cheap style as the 3rd disc special with Sakuno and Ange, they did manage to use an almost the same bedrooom as the one seen in the Sana route on the psp.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-05-30 at 12:36. Reason: screenshots added
Old 2012-06-03, 16:45   Link #1291
Kitsu Breaker

It would be better Sena stay with her crush for her sempai no for the boring Mc who people use like a award when he don't is

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:07   Link #1292
ookamigirl

Special 1

This looked exactly like a visual novel not at all an anime.
Probably because of the CG stuff.
It was more like a confession monolog of the main female character.
Japanese really are interesting people. They put so much feelings into anime and visual novels while in reality they just kinda suppress them in the same situations.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 14:42   Link #1293
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I tell ya ... Airi was painfully cute in the special. It was a little too much for me, tbh.
Old 2012-06-15, 12:12   Link #1294
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just downloaded the Special tonight and.....

Spoiler for Screen Shots:

I'm satisfied to die at this moment after seeing Airi this cute!!!! I love you Airi-chan!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 23:49   Link #1295
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

My girlfriend cosplayed Miu at a recent convention:
Spoiler:

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 08:31   Link #1296
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
God, this anime overall felt like that you're hanging out with a girl, and you fall in love with her, only to witness her confession to some guy and then watching her go with him afterwards. It started pretty neat, then it went to being pretty good, and when we were halfway through it became a bit dramatic. Episode 10 sealed the deal and ate almost everything that I liked about the show. Seriously, I don't mind cliche stuff and I love when anime take a different approach, like choosing the girl most people didn't expect, but it backfired on me here.

Objectively, it's a nice anime, and if the chosen girl is to your liking then you'll love it even more. But for me, who liked Airi and Sana, and watching them crying and being in pain later on killed it for me. It's a nice anime overall, but made me rage towards the end so I hope I forget this anime as fast as I can. -_-'
Old 2015-11-21, 11:58   Link #1297
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimrui View Post
Objectively, it's a nice anime, and if the chosen girl is to your liking then you'll love it even more. But for me, who liked Airi and Sana, and watching them crying and being in pain later on killed it for me. It's a nice anime overall, but made me rage towards the end so I hope I forget this anime as fast as I can. -_-'
Honestly, I think the feelings you're supposed to develop for Airi and Sana are the actual focal point of the whole anime. It's somewhat unique in that regard: it focuses on the feelings of the heroines who were not chosen, rather than only on the protagonist and the main heroine. So I actually don't think liking this show is really about liking the "chosen girl" (Sana and Airi are my favourite characters by far), but about appreciating the way it tells its story, even if it is somewhat heart-breaking. That's what I appreciate about this work. The scene of Airi comforting Sana with "Shingo" in the rain is one I'll never forget (nor the music that goes with it; it almost makes me cry just listening to that song on the OST).

(Of course, it's worth noting that the anime was roughly timed to coincide with the release of the PSP version of the game, and one of its main features was Sana's route. It was both cruel and brilliant marketing to release it that way. And Sana's route was awesome... loved it! It's too bad they won't port the game back to PC with the added routes.)
Old 2015-11-24, 09:06   Link #1298
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Is this True Tears all over again (albeit much lesser scale) where people rage at their ships losing .

Btw that VN art of Sana is gorgeous, particularly that smile.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2015-11-24 at 10:09.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 16:09   Link #1299
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Is this True Tears all over again (albeit much lesser scale) where people rage at their ships losing
Bite your tongue until you see what happens at the halfway point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Btw that VN art of Sana is gorgeous, particularly that smile.
Airi is best grill, but Sana's p om nom nom too
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 16:50   Link #1300
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I finished it when it aired.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen