AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-01, 05:07   Link #2721
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
And i was thinking, since the 13 childrens are "special" almost like the nines ( at last they received the best threatment thanks to professor franxx) and they franxx are "different franxxs" like the nines, they also can get the same power up as sterelisa?? if the couples manages to improve they "love like zero two and hiro???, because remember they franxxs are like stereliza and uniques this means which maybe they can also get "power ups" as them.
I think that was power of 02 but 13 squad for sure can be at least at level of 9'. They were selected carefully by dr. Franxx to be 02 squad* so they're not some random noobs for sure.

*friendly reminder that Hiro and Naomi didn't had their own Franxx so at this point of story we can tell for sure that Strelizia was designed to be part of 13th squad from very beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Darling in the Franxx BD Vol 1

Blu-ray - 5,202 copies sold
DVD - 710 copies sold

total 5,912 sold.

Before someone asks if it's good or bad, the minimum necessary for a series to sell for profit is 3,000 copies, more than 5,000 is considered a success for series broadcasted after midnight.

as this is the first week, it should reach 7,000 at the end.

by: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/127007
Good numbers, but I would be more happy if it would manage to hit 10k, tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well if the sales goes very well like really goes to 7k or even more and maybe also manga have a huge sales and the popularity and critic still good i can see they wanting to pull "another season" money is what matter in the end and a really well acceptance(huge money and cash cowl) can make peoples "change" they minds.
Actually I would prefer happy ending this season than risk waiting 2 years for sequel and eventual bad ends for some characters.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 08:20   Link #2722
ScrewySquirrel

regarding a season 2:

Trigger has never had a season 2 for any of its shows (though there are hints that Yoh Yoshinari would like to do more with Little Witch Academia).

What will happen if this is a success is the money will be poured into a new show filled with new, over the top insanity
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 08:50   Link #2723
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Or maybe they'll release a follow-on movie. That seems to becoming more common with anime-original series like Shirobako and Princess Principal.

I enjoyed hearing the seiyuu talk about their favorites scenes. I especially liked Tomatsu's discussion of working overtime with the director to develop the voicings she needed to play Zero Two as a monster child.

Tomatsu is probably my favorite voice actress in terms of her ability to bring her intelligence to bear on the parts she plays. I see her as something of a successor to Kuwashima Houko in this regard.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 10:20   Link #2724
Tranhieu

~6k is quite on the low side tbh, especially the way the series's been hyped so far. Since the series is 2 cour I would expect it averages at 4-5k by the end of the season.

A 8-10k would guarantee another season but let's see.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 10:36   Link #2725
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
~6k is quite on the low side tbh, especially the way the series's been hyped so far. Since the series is 2 cour I would expect it averages at 4-5k by the end of the season.

A 8-10k would guarantee another season but let's see.
Princess Principal sold less than Darling or VEG in the first week, though. Darling is already a success for the goods sold, the manga vol 1 sold more than 200,000 copies, and this is very good for a first volume. BD works more like extra money for the studio than something else, since the anime works with a production committee and this comite can profit through other products, Pop Team Epic is an example.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 12:00   Link #2726
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
I think that was power of 02 but 13 squad for sure can be at least at level of 9'. They were selected carefully by dr. Franxx to be 02 squad* so they're not some random noobs for sure.

*friendly reminder that Hiro and Naomi didn't had their own Franxx so at this point of story we can tell for sure that Strelizia was designed to be part of 13th squad from very beginning.
yeah i'm pretty sure dr franxx come to plantation 13 and bringing 02 not was a "coincidence" everything was pretty much "planned" from him, even 02 going berserker was part of his "plans", i'm still believe which he was what make it happening on puporse because he wanted break 02 from her "i want be a human" desire, because he knew which she could only attain her true potential by accepting herself and her "darling", i'm really sure doctor franxx is doing a lot of things behind the scenes.

Quote:
Good numbers, but I would be more happy if it would manage to hit 10k, tho...

Actually I would prefer happy ending this season than risk waiting 2 years for sequel and eventual bad ends for some characters.
well if indeed trigger keep they "pattern" of only one core then really not gonna matter how much they will profit from it (ofcourse i do want the anime be a sucess because i really liked and and think which it diserves it) but it will end only with that single core like kill la kill and others what could be sad because this anime have potential to expand in very good things if the anime and directors can keep the "good work" and not just goes full lazy or just fanservice later", this serie have a good potential for a good franchise aslong they don't get too "greedy" or to lazy or too perv or all that things together and specially keep yabuki under contol in the manga
Old 2018-05-01, 12:08   Link #2727
RDNexus

Success and profits do always matter, you know? It's the lifeline of an animation studios (and a production committee).
Even if any of their stories get told in only 2 cours, success and profit will always help them get a new project roling (and with as much quality as possible).
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 12:13   Link #2728
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Success and profits do always matter, you know? It's the lifeline of an animation studios (and a production committee).
Even if any of their stories get told in only 2 cours, success and profit will always help them get a new project roling (and with as much quality as possible).
When i means "matter", is about to have or not another season", as you told they will just use that money for another good serie and keep the pattern going, while is good have many good original series as possible some of them like even kill la kill could diservers have more than just one core, because of how good they where and have more of then is not that bad as long the quality don't drop too much.

Following they patterns even if hypothetically this serie reach the crazy level of let's say 20k or 30k or 40k and manga high sales aswell others merchandises as figures it will be still just "more money for the studio" not a second season, because they don't like to do that.
Old 2018-05-01, 12:23   Link #2729
RDNexus

Given how KLK, LWA and even Franxx have a few "filler" episodes I could live well without, I can dare say that I prefer a good 2-cour series that tells it's story properly from beginning to end rather than extend it for more seasons and have plot twists and the like pulled from the devil's ass for the sole sake of extending it.
Old 2018-05-01, 12:35   Link #2730
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Given how KLK, LWA and even Franxx have a few "filler" episodes I could live well without, I can dare say that I prefer a good 2-cour series that tells it's story properly from beginning to end rather than extend it for more seasons and have plot twists and the like pulled from the devil's ass for the sole sake of extending it.
i really never had problem with "fillers" as others peoples as long it is fun and not going in a totally insane turn like what happened in the last episode of mahou shoujo ore I can live with it and enjoy, it really never bothered me, while plot is important it's not obligatory to have it 100% of the show again many or almost all western series and cartoons and hq does "have fillers" aswell, because it's good sometimes take a brake after a long and hard arc or batte or something like that and try to be "corn" or something like that, it give the serie a break and some fun "time to breath".

In many cases series which are 100% plot drived can be "tiresome" for the public and the staff/writers because they need to keep puling more and more "action/drama drive episodes and everything must be "big" and big on each episode otherwise peoples will get tired or bored if the next episode not gonna be more epic than the previous one when you follow that pattern and you can find yourself trapped and unable to pull something more "epic" because you start to run out of ideas pretty fast, due to having to keep burning himself over and over you eventually find yourself "out of gas" at one point.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-05-01 at 12:46.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 12:42   Link #2731
RDNexus

Well, there are "fillers" I actually do enjoy, it's not like I see them all as evil
And the fact that most western series are composed of one-shot episodes is one of the main reasons I rarely do see any of them.
Old 2018-05-01, 12:52   Link #2732
Blueknight78

To be clear and fair i'm talking about "big series" which means series which like more than 12 episodes and that episodes are long than just 20 or less minutes, series like Game of thrones which are less than 10 episiodes but are like 1 hour almost per episode or animes which are just 12 episdes or less and like 20 minutes or less, you can work fine without having "fillers", because of how short the serie is but even that fillers can happen and not exactly the whole episode but you can have half of one being a filler or things like that. which in same cases can work and others no, because when a serie is too short peoples where expectating a "fast pace" and have much plot as possible then get some fillers here and there can anger peoples because they feel being wasted time in something "so short",
Old 2018-05-01, 15:17   Link #2733
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

I just don't see the point of talking about "fillers" in an anime original show. The word was coined for anime original episodes in manga adaptations, and it made sense because those were often lazily written and badly animated when compared to the rest of the show, and were constrained to not offering any plot or character progression. The Garlic Jr. saga in DBZ, the Bounts arc in Bleach, or the whole batch of Naruto fillers really suffer from all of that. In an anime original show... there can not plot-driven episodes, but they're not "filler", they're just part of how the show is, and usually serve some purpose at least in terms of character arcs.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 15:33   Link #2734
RDNexus

True Story, the term is being badly used in this regard.
But what I meant, and others also commented about it, is that there have been episodes that simply felt like "fillers" for the sake of filling slots for a 2-cour series.
Old 2018-05-01, 15:56   Link #2735
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I just don't see the point of talking about "fillers" in an anime original show. The word was coined for anime original episodes in manga adaptations, and it made sense because those were often lazily written and badly animated when compared to the rest of the show, and were constrained to not offering any plot or character progression. The Garlic Jr. saga in DBZ, the Bounts arc in Bleach, or the whole batch of Naruto fillers really suffer from all of that. In an anime original show... there can not plot-driven episodes, but they're not "filler", they're just part of how the show is, and usually serve some purpose at least in terms of character arcs.
actually it's wrong, filler don't means material not on original story, filler come from "fill the gap" it's means episodes or chapters or whatever you want to call which are made to be a "break" between important points of the work, like between battles or arcs, are episodes which normally don't add too much to the plot and are there more for "fanservice" this means which even "original work" can have filler, because this is what fillers are, that thing about "original work" was created specially from "anime/manga base" which think which anything outside the source is a "filler", and forget which even the "source can have fillers" a good exemple are the "beach episode or chapters" which normally are there for fanservice and they do happen aswell in the source not just the adaptation, they are fillers.

This is a big trouble peoples distorting the original means of the word, the sames goes for "fanservice" which when comes to anime and mangas peoples only think about "boobs" and naked bodys or pants or even goes for "hentai" and others distorted things, if you go to japan they not gonna act like that because they see the "original means as the right one" it is just a "western issue".
Old 2018-05-03, 04:04   Link #2736
archoel

Ep 16 preview is up on darli website or twitter.
archoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 04:59   Link #2737
Sacredus

Link for PV and translation
Spoiler:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 05:06   Link #2738
_Ninja_

How much you want to bet?
Spoiler:
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 08:08   Link #2739