AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-04, 00:38   Link #41
Siegel Clyne

Kimiaru: Kuki Ageha Cast Change in Anime from Drama CD?

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the Kimiaru anime cast is basically the same as the earlier Kimiaru drama CD cast, with one important exception: Kuki Ageha.

(Did Asakawa Yuu play both Ageha and Natose in the drama CD?)

I seem to recall takahiro commenting that Ageha is a considerably difficult role to perform - tough on the one hand, tenderhearted on the other - and that was taken into account when casting the voice actor for her in the anime, who turned out to be Tanaka Rie.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-12-04 at 01:11.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 20:56   Link #42
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post

Dunno about TSUYOKISS, because i never saw the game or the anime (just a couple of episodes). But many people said me how much the game rocks and the anime sucks... and i believe that.

I really hope this time the director will not try to destroy the show right on the beggining, like in TSUYOKISS.

Greatly looking forward this one.
Tsuyokiss the game is pretty good one of my favorites. The anime on the other hand was pretty crappy.

As for Kimiaru: They Are my noble masters it was okay but I didn't find it to be as good as Tsuyokiss it didn't really have as many memorable characters and the story takes time to pick up. The beginning is really slow because it takes forever for the main characters the boy and his sis to move into the mansion. I'm sure the anime version will speed things up by having them move into the mansion near the end of the first episode.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 06:21   Link #43
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Tsuyokiss the game is pretty good one of my favorites. The anime on the other hand was pretty crappy.

As for Kimiaru: They Are my noble masters it was okay but I didn't find it to be as good as Tsuyokiss it didn't really have as many memorable characters and the story takes time to pick up. The beginning is really slow because it takes forever for the main characters the boy and his sis to move into the mansion. I'm sure the anime version will speed things up by having them move into the mansion near the end of the first episode.

Before the TSUYOKISS anime start, i read a very good review about the game, with a good explanation about each character. So i had high anticipations.

I think the Tsuyokiss anime failed because, not only the director hates tsunderes - and that's very bad for an all-tsundere-focused story - but mainly because they based the anime on Sunao, the PS2-version-only character and apparently the weakest of them all. And because they changed the character design to one a lot uglier, too.

As for Kimiaru, even if the original game is not so good asTsuyokiss, apparently the anime will follow the original story and design a lot more closely than the previous, and that's a good thing. Many anime shows failed exactly because they never followed the original story close enough.

If the protagonist take some time - one entire episode, maybe - before meeting the other characters inside the mansion, that's okay. It serves to show he had a different life of his own but one day everything changed.

Many anime shows use this trick.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 01:01   Link #44
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Before the TSUYOKISS anime start, i read a very good review about the game, with a good explanation about each character. So i had high anticipations.

I think the Tsuyokiss anime failed because, not only the director hates tsunderes - and that's very bad for an all-tsundere-focused story - but mainly because they based the anime on Sunao, the PS2-version-only character and apparently the weakest of them all. And because they changed the character design to one a lot uglier, too.

As for Kimiaru, even if the original game is not so good asTsuyokiss, apparently the anime will follow the original story and design a lot more closely than the previous, and that's a good thing. Many anime shows failed exactly because they never followed the original story close enough.

If the protagonist take some time - one entire episode, maybe - before meeting the other characters inside the mansion, that's okay. It serves to show he had a different life of his own but one day everything changed.

Many anime shows use this trick.
Wow...it seems all the bad decisions were made for Tsuyokiss. I actually saw a bit of Tsuyokiss once and was wondering (why the hell are we focusing on the heroine and not the protagonist).

I agree one episode devoted to introducing the protagonists is alright. Gives the character...character.

*RANDOM*
Your avatar's from "Gekkou no Carnivale" which is cool because I've been trying o find information on it (despite my Japanese being beginner level).

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 07:13   Link #45
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post

*RANDOM*
Your avatar's from "Gekkou no Carnivale" which is cool because I've been trying o find information on it (despite my Japanese being beginner level).
You can find more info about this game here:

Spoiler for just for adults:
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 19:04   Link #46
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Last edited by Ichigo91; 2007-12-13 at 08:25.
Ichigo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 22:35   Link #47
Avisch
Reality Blender

well the character art is still looking alright (Shinra looks alot her Cg's in that shot).

Too bad we can't get a good view of those screenshots in the lower left.

One crazy B****
Old 2007-12-11, 23:47   Link #48
kujoe
from head to heel

The one on the left is a picture of Ren getting body-squished by Beni and Natose while facing the mirror with (from the looks of it) Mihato trying to stop them.

Actually, I have no idea.

But the one below that is easier to figure out.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 12:49   Link #49
livs20

no pv/trailer yet?
livs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 05:42   Link #50
Mentar
Banned

I might add that there are some raw manga scans of KimiAru out on... a well-known anime resource. Two chapters in total, around 70 pages.

So, whoever might want to get an idea what to expect can get a peek here. Just make sure that you rename the single-digit pages from 1 to 01 etc., or the sequence will become totally confusing. ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 07:11   Link #51
tbl
Affably Evil

What sought of a character is the male lead?
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 16:26   Link #52
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
What sought of a character is the male lead?
Well, he describes himself as a....

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-24, 21:43   Link #53
Avisch
Reality Blender

And
Spoiler for :

And yeah. He's not wimpy, I know that. I guess he's Watanuki Kimihiro with HAX and a better personality.

One crazy B****
Old 2007-12-27, 07:21   Link #54
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-12-29, 16:48   Link #55
ZODDGUTS

lol Nice pic.

Anyways here's the trailer from C73:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=SNmqZB...eature=related

Looks very good to me.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 21:49   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*watches trailer*

Uuuu... My head hurts from the sound in the background...

Doesn't look too bad, several parts remind me of Hayate no Gotoku, pointless comedy/fanservice show?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 08:04   Link #57
Mentar
Banned

Not bad at all! What I like most is that they managed to keep the game art consistent, especially where it counts (Shinra - and her "look").

If they manage to keep the animation level near this trailer, it will defintely beat out Tsuyokisu on production values too. And with the game author directing, there's little to fear that they'll miss out on the story either. Add in the all-star cast, and we might be looking at a winner

*books the whole show*
Old 2007-12-30, 15:14   Link #58
Avisch
Reality Blender

Yeah. I'm really happy that they've kept the original artstyle (yes the "look"). Same with animation level, that blew me away. and damn why can't all game anime adaptions be directed by the author?

Spoiler for Scenes from trailer:

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2008-01-01 at 11:00.
Old 2007-12-30, 15:48   Link #59
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

That look likes a nice show, i hope someone will sub it
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 17:03   Link #60
kujoe
from head to heel

Good trailer!

You see, the Tsuyokiss anime should've looked something like that. The style, the atmosphere—everything. Not the sugary, cutesy thing we got back then. Man, I hope Takahiro-san is willing to do a remake one of these days. But I digress.

Anyway back to the trailer... Ren continues the tradition of cool butlers it seems. Shinra definitely shines in that video too. I'm really looking forward to this now.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen