AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-01, 12:44   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 541 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-05-01, 12:49   Link #2
Azncoke123

Spoilers please
Old 2009-05-01, 12:54   Link #3
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Spoilers please
My thoughts exactly.

Spoilers please gimmie gimmie gimmie.
Old 2009-05-01, 13:09   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-01, 13:15   Link #5
Azncoke123

Oh man just imagine the War, WG VS WB VS ID
Old 2009-05-01, 13:30   Link #6
james0246

Spoiler: Luffy, Crocodile and Jinbei destroy all in their path. Ivankov tells his merry men that the time has finally come to attack. And Buggy and Mr. 3 lead a full scale revolt on Level 2.

Oh yeah, and Shiryuu is introduced finally...
Old 2009-05-01, 13:35   Link #7
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Hmm....it seems Jimbei performed some kind of meditation before punching the air in front of his opponents, which consequently formed some kind of shock wave that blew them away with tremendous force. Very interesting stuff. It seems like the probability of him having a devil fruit ability is becoming less.
Old 2009-05-01, 14:47   Link #8
marvelB

Damn, practically the entire chapter is out in spoiler cam pics!

Anyways, things are looking REAL badass now. Buggy and Mr. 3 return (it looks like they've assembled themselves a big group of escapees, as was previously predicted), Daz joined up with Croc, we're finally seeing Jinbei's abilities (I'm still guessing that he uses an advanced form of Merman Karate). If I'm not mistaken, Hannyabal is telling Saldeath and Sadi to go to level 4 to deal with the escapees. Plus, we finally see Shiryuu again (still no sign of those other pirates, though....). A damn fine chapter this is turning out to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Any explanation on how they got up there?

If they went to level 2, then there's a chance that they snuck up there through level 5.5. Remember, it was explained that Newkama had entrances to the first five levels. Furthermore, Saldeath already noted that there were a number of missing keys to the level 2 cells, so it was inevitable that the prisoners there would be freed again.....

Personally, I'm curious as to how exactly Croc got back his trademark pimp coat.

Edit: Yep, Jinbei's definitely using Merman Karate. I can clearly make out the kanji. And now of course comes the inevitable question of whether or not he's a Haki user.....

Edit 2: So apparently, Shiryuu's saying that he'll lend Magellan his power. I notice the guards near his cell are wearing gas masks..... perhaps this is a hint to his power? Magellan has a poison fruit, so maybe Shiryuu has a disease-based power or something.....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-05-01 at 15:03.
Old 2009-05-01, 15:06   Link #9
Umaibo

I read it about 5 hours ago. This chapter is soooo good.
Old 2009-05-01, 15:18   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Edit 2: So apparently, Shiryuu's saying that he'll lend Magellan his power. I notice the guards near his cell are wearing gas masks..... perhaps this is a hint to his power? Magellan has a poison fruit, so maybe Shiryuu has a disease-based power or something.....?
I think they are wearing the masks because they were under the impression that there was gas in the room (i.e. they did not yet realize that someone had prevented the gas from spreading). That being said, Shiryu is undoubtedly wearing Seastone 'cuffs (if he is a DF user), so it would be impossible for him to be releasing any DF controlled diseases (besides that, Blacbeard's doctor is supposed to be the one with disease abilities ).
Old 2009-05-01, 15:28   Link #11
syler321

where did everybody read the 541 episode?
Old 2009-05-01, 15:30   Link #12
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
(besides that, Blacbeard's doctor is supposed to be the one with disease abilities ).

The only thing we've seen from Doc Q so far were exploding apples, but yeah, I suppose it would make the most sense for him to be the one to have some illness-based power (virus virus fruit?). I merely made that assumption about Shiryuu because of the masks, but then I just remembered the sleeping gas before I read your post so I suppose that's true after all. Either way, I certainly can't wait to find out about Shiryuu's abilities......
Old 2009-05-01, 16:11   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Personally, I'm curious as to how exactly Croc got back his trademark pimp coat.
I too am wondering about this, spied him with it and just LoL

He wouldn't be Crocdile without it tho
Old 2009-05-01, 16:25   Link #14
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It seems like the probability of him having a devil fruit ability is becoming less.

Well, it would be weird to be merman, and not be able to swim in the sea...
Old 2009-05-01, 16:48   Link #15
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Hmm....it seems Jimbei performed some kind of meditation before punching the air in front of his opponents, which consequently formed some kind of shock wave that blew them away with tremendous force. Very interesting stuff. It seems like the probability of him having a devil fruit ability is becoming less.
I can't picture a fishman eating a devil fruit and never being able to swim in the ocean again, isn't Merman Island located in the water?
Old 2009-05-01, 17:56   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I can't picture a fishman eating a devil fruit and never being able to swim in the ocean again, isn't Merman Island located in the water?
Correct. Fishman Island is located about 10,000 m below Mariejoia (which sits on top of the Red Line), which so happens to be on the level of the ocean floor.

Don't get me wrong though, I've always hoped that Jimbei would not have a DF for reasons mentioned already and because a lot of the other warlords already have DF powers. It would be nice to have a warlord that is eccentric, and from what has been shown in this chapter, Jimbei's strength coming from his aptitude for martial arts brings my hopes closer to fruition.
Old 2009-05-01, 18:49   Link #17
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Correct. Fishman Island is located about 10,000 m below Mariejoia (which sits on top of the Red Line), which so happens to be on the level of the ocean floor.

Don't get me wrong though, I've always hoped that Jimbei would not have a DF for reasons mentioned already and because a lot of the other warlords already have DF powers. It would be nice to have a warlord that is eccentric, and from what has been shown in this chapter, Jimbei's strength coming from his aptitude for martial arts brings my hopes closer to fruition.
I like the eccentric types they seem like they might be crazy old fools but they can amp up the intensity in a snap, which is why I hope Rayleigh isn't a DF user.
Old 2009-05-01, 20:23   Link #18
syler321

i think the new era ppl are more the of a df generation,as u can see all of the 11 supernovas besides zoro have df ability,same goes for most of the shibubukai exept for jimbei it seems and mihaw,and most of the pp from old era are not df users,like rayleigh,whitebeard,shanks,mihawk...

it seems like that anyway,maybe in the old era ppl relay on there own power and haki to go and travel in the grand line,instead of searching for a df ability like most ppl do...
Old 2009-05-01, 20:28   Link #19
junte86

Killer seems to not have a DF power and Uroge might not have it, it might be some other thing.....
Old 2009-05-01, 20:40   Link #20
marvelB

Upon further inspection of the spoiler pics, I see that Bon Clay's telling Luffy about Daz. Furthermore, he calls Zoro "haramaki-chan" (y'know, that waistband thingie that Zoro wears?).

Also, I agree with the AP community in thinking that Shiryuu resembles M.Bison from the Street Fighter series. It would be so awesome if he actualy has the catchphrase of "Yes...... YES!"

Oh, and "This is delicious!" would suffice, as well.
Closed Thread