Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-15, 07:08   Link #1561
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What was the purpose of the whole war with Aizen anyways?
To troll Hitsugaya and Ichigo
Old 2012-11-15, 07:10   Link #1562
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
The whole Hikifune story is a bit odd when it comes to powerlevels, because.. just how strong is a single member of the royal guard really? Do they have to be on the Captain Commander's level to get the promotion or "just" above average? Would Kyouraku fit the requirements for promotion then?

I guess I have problems with the idea of a Captain being on Yamamoto's level while serving under him. It's a bit hard to imagine.
They wouldn't necessarily have to be on the captain commanders level. Just being on par with Aizen's base power seems like it'd be enough to make the 5 members > Gotei 13 statement true.
Quote:
So basically this means, that the King's palace is hovering somewhere above Seireitai.
But wasn't it supposed to be a completely different dimension, which is only accessible with a special key. What was the purpose of the whole war with Aizen anyways?
Well assuming this palace is way above SS in an unknown location, it could still make sense that a key would be needed to gain direct access. Though I don't really know what to make of the whole palace being in its own dimension part of it.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 09:42   Link #1563
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What was the purpose of the whole war with Aizen anyways?
Aizen was to create a replica of the King's Key.
He found a method of creating it by amassing lots of spirit particles. Urahara created fake Karakura town and lured Aizen&co. there. Battle ensues. Arc ends

the original King's Key's location, is only known by the Captain Commander
and now, since he's dead. No one will ever know
how sad

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 10:44   Link #1564
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

If Yamamoto was the only one who knew where the King's Key was, and died without nominating a successor (presumably), how did anyone get into the King's Realm in order to summon Squad Zero? Has anyone checked on the state of Karakura recently?
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 11:31   Link #1565
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
My point was: For what did Aizen need this key anyways, if the palace is just hovering somewhere above Seireitai? He should have built a helicopter instead of trying to create a key.
Or taken Yoruichi's flying thingy off Ichigo when he was at the Soukyoku/staring off against Byakuya by the prison
Why didn't they just drop the pillar of awesome on Aizen when he was standing around? Even he couldn't survive that, and they (apart perhaps from Hikifune) have never seen his shikai if he got back up to try to steal their return journey to the King's Realm
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 14:20   Link #1566
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
If Yamamoto was the only one who knew where the King's Key was, and died without nominating a successor (presumably), how did anyone get into the King's Realm in order to summon Squad Zero? Has anyone checked on the state of Karakura recently?
The only successor to take Yamamotos spot is Hitsugaya but he has a long way to go before he gets there.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 14:46   Link #1567
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
The whole Hikifune story is a bit odd when it comes to powerlevels, because.. just how strong is a single member of the royal guard really? Do they have to be on the Captain Commander's level to get the promotion or "just" above average? Would Kyouraku fit the requirements for promotion then?

I guess I have problems with the idea of a Captain being on Yamamoto's level while serving under him. It's a bit hard to imagine.

Back then when we first heard of Hikifune's promotion my first feeling was: that's just a made up story to cover that she was put to jail in the maggot's nest or something.
I'll be honest I think Hikifune power level is like seeing a little above Kyoraku, Ukitake and Unohana then I imagine that these three have the potential to be in division 0 Unohana being a doctor but they probably thought he would better leave in his division captains Kyoraku and Ukitake then to be, I say "maybe" they had a proposal for integrated division 0 but refused because wanting stayed near yamamoto as captain of Gotei 13 Hikifune then turn has accept ...
Old 2012-11-15, 15:04   Link #1568
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:

Back then when we first heard of Hikifune's promotion my first feeling was: that's just a made up story to cover that she was put to jail in the maggot's nest or something.
This is just a guesstimate, but it could possibly be explained if Captain-level shinigami have power limits placed on them when they are within the realm of SS. I believe it was mentioned during the first SS arc that it's against the rules for Captain-class shinigami to release their bankai in SS unless it is to protect against a direct threat. It wouldn't be such a giant leap in logic then to imagine that once a shinigami is promoted to Squad 0 and brought to the king's court, that limit on their power is removed, hence explaining their ability to have huge power levels while having still served at one time under Yamamoto.
Old 2012-11-15, 18:01   Link #1569
Excelion

Probably not worth it to make too much sense of power levels, but if I had to take a guess, Kyouraku would be about 60% of Yamamoto's strength and the Royal Guard around 90% each. I don't think any of the RG is stronger than him individually. That's not taking into account hax sword abilities and all that. Yamamoto could take out the entire Gotei 13 with his abilities. 5 near-Yamamoto level Shinigami still seems overkill for Bach, except for the fact that he has Yamamoto's bankai. Wouldn't be suprised if his subordinate was stronger though.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 19:07   Link #1570
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

I don't get why it's hard to believe Yamamoto had a subordinate stronger than himself, especially when you consider that she (if she actually is stronger) was promoted to 0 Squad for her power and wasn't even serving under him after that. It's like saying Naruto can't be stronger than X because X is a jounin and Naruto is a genin.

Considering how easily Yamamoto was manhandled by the real Juha it wouldn't be surprising for these guys to be stronger than him. Wouldn't even be surprised if their shikai are on the same level as Yama's bankai. They don't necessarily have to have the same wide-area destructive power for them to be stronger than him.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 20:01   Link #1571
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
I don't get why it's hard to believe Yamamoto had a subordinate stronger than himself, especially when you consider that she (if she actually is stronger) was promoted to 0 Squad for her power and wasn't even serving under him after that. It's like saying Naruto can't be stronger than X because X is a jounin and Naruto is a genin.

Considering how easily Yamamoto was manhandled by the real Juha it wouldn't be surprising for these guys to be stronger than him. Wouldn't even be surprised if their shikai are on the same level as Yama's bankai. They don't necessarily have to have the same wide-area destructive power for them to be stronger than him.
you are right it is not impossible that there are stronger captain or simply equal force that yamamoto
Old 2012-11-16, 02:32   Link #1572
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Come to think of it: Since their job is usually to protect the king, their powers should actually be more defensive.
yes but do not forget : "The best defense is attack"
Old 2012-11-16, 09:55   Link #1573
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
Yamamoto stated that he was still the Commander because no Shinigami stronger than him had been born in over 1000 years. Assuming she is stronger than him, this would make Hikifune at least 1001 years old, yet her promotion took place around 100 years ago.

As I said it's just hard to picture the Gotei with a Captain near or on par Yamamoto level because the existing Captains are just way off..
Old 2012-11-16, 10:19   Link #1574
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Yamamoto stated that he was still the Commander because no Shinigami stronger than him had been born in over 1000 years. Assuming she is stronger than him, this would make Hikifune at least 1001 years old, yet her promotion took place around 100 years ago.

As I said it's just hard to picture the Gotei with a Captain near or on par Yamamoto level because the existing Captains are just way off..
But isn't that what Bach said before he sliced Yamji in two? That the Gotei had become a bunch of clowns(or something along that line).
Old 2012-11-16, 10:31   Link #1575
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
But isn't that what Bach said before he sliced Yamji in two? That the Gotei had become a bunch of clowns(or something along that line).
I think he meant they became too soft because of the peaceful times they enjoyed.

In the end Bach just had a good plan to trick Yamamoto, I can't imagine how a younger wilder and bloodthirstier Yamamoto would not have lost against Bach's trap. It remains to be seen how he will fare against the Zero Squad(although I bet he will be heavily relying on the stolen Bankai) without funny stuff like Doppelgänger.
Old 2012-11-16, 12:05   Link #1576
Lendial

Poor yamato has been trolled so hard by the author. first by aizen now this last ditch attempt at making a menacing villian. we will never see him go full force vs anyone because he gets plot crippled or ends up fighting a meaty kage bunshin.

Hype up secondary characters and then have them fall flat. Zero squad will be no different. Just give ichigo his qunicy power up, kill bach, and finish theseries.
Old 2012-11-16, 12:12   Link #1577
itachi-san314

Quote:
yea but don't forget that shinigami can get stronger. it's not like their power levels are constant. we saw aizen evolve several times and increase in power exponentially (granted that was with genetic tampering) but shunsui also said that toshiro would become more powerful than him in 100 years or so. so the captains' power levels are definitively not constants. its entirely possible that hikufune was a somewhat normal captain in terms of strength (although one of the best for sure), but then underwent some sort of power increase 100 years ago that got her promoted. she could have even surpassed yama-jii, although i doubt that unless the zero squad are all in fact older than 1000 years. or kubo may just ignore ever having said that...

also in terms of power levels, nothing really makes sense no matter how we look at it, since yama-jii in bankai state should have been so powerful that nobody but ichigo, aizen and bach should have been able to even feel his reiatsu... which wasn't the case
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 18:09   Link #1578
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Members of the division 0 for all these hundreds of years remained at the top to protect the king probably did not stay doing nothing I would imagine they are trained they may have more room and in the one of them leads they are brief and therefore become even stronger ...
Old 2012-11-17, 19:57   Link #1579
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

We all know damn well the RG will wind up getting shot off because no one in this series is allowed to succeed anymore unless their name is Ichigo.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 20:52   Link #1580
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I have a question I ask myself (hoping for answers), then the dimension of the king and the division 0 are in one dimension or something like cut of all? and that one little access with the key emprore I think? (not 200%) short Juha said that arrive Division 0 and that is his and he had to leave (this is the case then they osnt) in any case if this is how it all cut were aware someone told you that he has come to the SS, and by what means and ok but the king to warn him? division 0 does have a way of comunication Soul Society / Division 0 only whether a person would imagine that I Yamamoto but he is "dead" so .. could be he would have to give way to Unohana example?

Tags
bleach, chapter