AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 17:44   Link #1541
Enternal

I do have to say that I also love the fact that Yuusha did NOTHING this episode. It comes to show that the title of Yuusha is just a title that is given to him for political means. Yuusha knows this and which is why he wonders what he should do once the war is over. The only thing he has above all others is his combat strength and nothing else. That is why he said he admires all the other characters who is able to DO something. At the same time, his own recognition of his biggest flaw is probably one of the things leads the other people to trust and care for him so much. Him not doing anything this episode when big sister Ann is the one who gave such an awesome speech and was able to do something drives home that fact even more.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 21:19   Link #1542
chaos_animagic

Personally... if I was the Hero and had his power.

I would wipe out the Church regardless of the end result, LOL

And I laughed at the poor Kings that looks like children and can't do a thing until after older maid was about to die. (and I said Kings, because it seems in Hero's world, all Kings are under the Church no matter what Kings they are - Church is probably even larger than the Merchant Alliance)
(Modern world, still quite similar with "church beliefs" where they tend to force others to believe and if you don't, they'll smack you with rants - which I personally experienced before, not to mention it's probably why the Pope decided to leave, LOL, maybe he realized how sucky the Church really was)

And instead of stones at the messenger, I would just throw a knife straight at their heads, way more effective than stones.

Also, about that "last message" of episode 9...
I wonder if that means "Maou" is declaring she's actually the Creator and can feel the birth and death of every single living being in the world and she's gone through millions of years and met with thousands of "Heros" already.
OR was this just the incarnation of "Demon Kings" all in one fused with Maou to share their thoughts?

Tho it might also explain why Maou looks extremely sad whenever she saw someone suffering or dying (cause she can experience their pain?)

That's just my theory tho, LOL (but really... Da Yuusha in this Timeskipped anime looks so boring and useless, since we didn't get to see Yuusha doing his things and how he's actually shaping the world in the background.)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:31   Link #1543
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
lol dat whipping was bloody
Old 2013-03-08, 16:01   Link #1544
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Looks like it's Episode 9.5 this week - so recap time!
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 09:26   Link #1545
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
lol dat whipping was bloody
it was kind of hot
Old 2013-03-09, 09:57   Link #1546
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Hero's adventures recap, possibly? Yes, please.
Old 2013-03-09, 10:11   Link #1547
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
it was kind of hot
You into S & M?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Hero's adventures recap, possibly? Yes, please.
It'll be good if it's true, but I don't think so. Most likely, it will be your usual recap episode with some narration.
Old 2013-03-09, 20:51   Link #1548
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Nope. There wasn't any episode aired at all this week.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:19   Link #1549
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so are yee saying this week maoyuu is recap ep?

wait for next week on ep 10 of maoyuu?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:33   Link #1550
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I forgot this was on. Looks like nothing came on this week anyway.

I was close to dropping this until last week's excellent, tearful episode and the Big Sister's stunning moment. Christ that made me cry.

Bring on the next few episodes! Now I wanna see what happens to Maou.
Old 2013-03-14, 05:20   Link #1551
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Bring on the next few episodes! Now I wanna see what happens to Maou.
My money's on demon possessed, going into a crypt full of previous Demon Kings can't be good. And didn't she warn Head Maid about that? So yeah, The Exorcism-style demon possession.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 18:56   Link #1552
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Personally... if I was the Hero and had his power.

I would wipe out the Church regardless of the end result, LOL
and what would that accomplish? Should the Hero wipe out person or organization that he disagree with? If Child disagree with the Hero should the child be wipe out? If a adult disagree with the hero, should the adult be sent to a re-education camp?
Old 2013-03-15, 15:09   Link #1553
ookamigirl

Things are getting complex in this anime.
I got lost watching this episode.
You really have to watch it with complete interest.
This episode reminded me of Wolf and Spice even more than others.
This time it was mostly about trade.
Flashback about Maou and Yuusha as a baby projection was nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 15:14   Link #1554
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So the merchant isn't on their side? Lol how the princess showed up to meet him. Liked the flashback about Maou before she became Maou. She really needs to come back now. So that guy with the blue face was referenced this week.
Old 2013-03-15, 16:06   Link #1555
Elestia

Bad pacing this episode. They blazed through a lot of the material in order to fit into one cour. This really hurt the explanations for what the Young Merchant was trying to accomplish through his rapid purchase of wheat.
Old 2013-03-15, 16:10   Link #1556
HandofFate

is there a translated world map somewhere so it be easier to understand the positions of all the players in this?
Old 2013-03-15, 17:52   Link #1557
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I never really got what the merchant was trying to do with his price manipulation. Can someone explain?

And also, what's he going to do if all the nobles end up owing him a lot of money and decide it's cheaper to get the Church to declare him and his alliance a bunch of heretics?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 18:18   Link #1558
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I never really got what the merchant was trying to do with his price manipulation. Can someone explain?

And also, what's he going to do if all the nobles end up owing him a lot of money and decide it's cheaper to get the Church to declare him and his alliance a bunch of heretics?
Well he Kinda wanted to fire the flames of war.
The Winter country had to make sure to secure its food for the winter so they inevitably had to introduce some trade restictions.
The other countries took this as a reason to start a war over the winter countries ressources as an asnwer.
So he got what he wanted.
I'm not sure if he is working with or against them though tbh lol

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 19:01   Link #1559
kagato3

Quote:

Branding 90% of the merchent class heretics is not a smart thing to do. It would completwly destory their infrastructure. Even more so when the alliance can pay a starveing people in food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Bad pacing this episode. They blazed through a lot of the material in order to fit into one cour. This really hurt the explanations for what the Young Merchant was trying to accomplish through his rapid purchase of wheat.
Not realy as going by the manga we have a lot more info on what Young Merchent is doing then we did there at this point. All the need info is there he's createing a food shortage and buying up next years crop at a high price. This has caused inflation but given the nobles a lot of spare money and made them start looking at ways of getting more food. Which as stated allowed the central nations to move up when the war would happen untill they are planing to invade Winter, Ice, and Iron kingdoms at begining of winter [1] and it is createing a nice bubble economy.
Spoiler for footnote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So the merchant isn't on their side? Lol how the princess showed up to meet him. Liked the flashback about Maou before she became Maou. She really needs to come back now. So that guy with the blue face was referenced this week.
Not going to say anything more then his plan is set up to work who ever wins but he does expect great things from the southern triad.

Yes that guy was one of the blue demons.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-03-15 at 19:11.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 19:12   Link #1560
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Simple, the currency. Merchant aims to create another one. Ever ask yourself why countries of today pay in paper currency instead of paying with gold coins or silver coins in history?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem