AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-06, 23:46   Link #41
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Hmm I guess I'll watch this the game was decent love art that it had.

BTW Hot stuff coming your way!
I remember that one from the X-Play review. Kind of gets annoying after the 5,000th time hearing it. If there's one huge plus with this show its that nobody has to here the awful English cast of the game's voice. Sega has the absolute worst team of voice actors in the industry. The animation looks nice, but I expect the story is pretty much the same amnesia story we got with the game and I didn't care much for it. Even if I can just sit back and watch and not have to play the game (which isn't very fun) I don't think its really worth it for Shining Tear's storyline.

There's a lot more games->anime coming around the corner though so hopefully I'll be able to pick up something sooner or later that I want to see. Devil May Cry and perhaps maybe Prism Ark might be interesting, but they could also be the next Disgaea's. On that topic I just wish companies would put a little more effort into their game adaptations these days, but before that can happen they need to get the right material and ST ain't it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 00:24   Link #42
TrueKnight

Dudes, anyone kind enough to explain what the anime stories are all about? I mean I've played the game and know the story, but I've got a bad feeling that the anime totally butchered the story judging from the screencaps.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 00:42   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Dudes, anyone kind enough to explain what the anime stories are all about? I mean I've played the game and know the story, but I've got a bad feeling that the anime totally butchered the story judging from the screencaps.
I wouldn't worry, it's just that at least a few people including me didn't care much for the games story to begin with so that's coming up in the topic. That being said when translating from games to animes I'd always expect differences. For all we know there may be changes on the way for the better.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 05:27   Link #44
xizro345
King's Justice

Seems to me they're trying to create an anime that moves from Tears to Wind, to support the PS2 game. However, while the designs based on Tony's work are nice, animation is not really up to par, and I get Star Ocean EX memories (also animated by DEEN).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 06:28   Link #45
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Blanc = reason enough for me
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 06:44   Link #46
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
First Watched
Not Bad... But i've never played Shining Wind so i can't something except
But WTF going's happen here?
Spoiler:
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 12:59   Link #47
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

My problem with this episode were the "battles".

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-07, 13:46   Link #48
Cyz
"Show it to me"

So...you don't need to play the game to understand this anime?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 15:18   Link #49
DangerMouse

I've never seen Shining Wind and while I don't understand the RAW, they aren't specifically following Shining Tears atleast (what i played of Tears was pure fantasy with no hint of anything else) so far so I don't think you necessarily need to be familiar with the games. They'll just help you recognize the character designs like Mao, but I think judging by ep1 it's not a requirement as it didn't seem like you needed to know who Mao was beforehand.

I think Devil May Cry will turn out well, since it's in Madhouse's hands and one thing they know how to do is stylish action, I love that studio.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 17:37   Link #50
LegendsEnd

After seeing the RAW it was one of those "I really want to continue watching this" kind of feeling mixed with "Ugh, I can't stand this". A lot of moments were forced and not logical, being attacked by a wolf monster you would not be shy about grabbing a catgirl and start blushing for 5 seconds. Another thing I disliked is the character animation, the monsters are fine. The male characters give me the bishounen anime vibe and I definately don't want to see any boy love scenes.
LegendsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 22:53   Link #51
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I agree with Daniel about the "battle" .. Too lame.

Oh well.. I'm watching it for Blanc .. Also to hear Kira and Athrun
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 06:31   Link #52
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
i just saw the opening and closing of the show, does it contain shounen ai?
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 22:46   Link #53
KBTKaiser

Shining Wind, the PS2 game, is due out in the middle of May. This is an anime to bridge a transition.

Personally, I'm liking where this is going, somewhat. It's sparking interest in finishing Shining Tears to get the entire plot. However, here's where the monkey wrench is thrown in: There are multiple "character" endings depending on who you partner with Xion/Zero the most. (So, yes, there's possible shounen friendship endings)

Apparently, Shining Wind follows that friendship model as well to a different degree. According to the game PV, as you try to power up the blade you wield, you're basically delving deeper into your partner's soul and learning their secrets. >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:15   Link #54
Dandruff
Flakey

I laughed throughout the battle in the end, lawl, pervy midget goblins haha, and did any one notice the blalant rip-off from Revolutionary Girl Utena? xD
Dandruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 20:04   Link #55
crystar
*yawns*

From the looks of the screenshots and what everyone else is saying, I'm pretty disappointed at how this turned out. I mean, I didn't exactly hate Shining Tears. So a somewhat faithful adaptation would have satisfied me. But meh, here comes another game to anime adaptation failure. If only things could be handled like... Utawarerumono. T-T
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 12:41   Link #56
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Screenshots from eppy 2

Old 2007-04-14, 07:55   Link #57
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Eek. So campy.

First episode was pure cheese. Not bad in that sense, but the battles could've been potrayed a whole lot better. Easily, the worst thing of episode 1, and what I think overall would be the emotional potrayal of the events. It's like they don't have enough money to give extra animation budget, storyboarding, or music to important scenes and just winged it through.

I'll keep watching...just because I played Tears, and plan to play Wind. I won't be watching the RAWs though.

Sigh...I will never get why Hoshi Souichirou keeps getting typecasted into his "Souma" roles. It's not remotely bad by any means, but I personally think it's one of his weaker voice ranges.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 11:02   Link #58
Sailorcancer

HMMM I want to see this. I loved Shining Tears art! Than again IT WAS done by a hentai artist...

Since the MFI thing, I guess I'll never see it
Sailorcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 15:14   Link #59
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ok...this was so seriously crappy i didn't even watch the 1st ep till the end 0_o. The "plot" and characters (and the art as well) seem like something you would use for hentai rather than for a "normal" anime.

Definitely not worth watching.
Old 2007-04-14, 20:13   Link #60
Tiberium Wolf

I have just watched the 1st ep... seems kinda interresting. Need more eps to say if it's worth watching.