AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-07, 05:48   Link #9581
Marina2

*Haven't played for about 3 months*

*Decided to check for the game lastest update in hope something will interest me enough to play again*

*Seen what they did to my beloved VK36.01H*

Goodbye WOT.
Old 2013-09-07, 06:16   Link #9582
Sumeragi
Banned

VK 36.01 (H) is better than ever before.....

I really can't get why people are complaining.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 10:26   Link #9583
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
It means nothing if they rush you. Sure, you'll die (actually you can hide behind the rocks or keep backing up, and the guys on the bend can just roll down on them (which they probably did). Situation was hopeless either way.

Also WTB like 500,000 free exp so I can free exp all the tanks I want
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:46   Link #9584
Gravitas Free Zone

I purchased three tanks, I'm out of garage slots, and I don't feel like selling the LTP. The JT88 was only saved because there's a faint chance that I'll try the open-topped German TD line, though at some point the E-25 might actually go on sale (like maybe Christmas, hah), and I'll get that.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:49   Link #9585
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

decide to keep 13 90 dispite manage to transfer the crew to bat. it just too cute <3

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 12:56   Link #9586
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The JT88 was only saved because there's a faint chance that I'll try the open-topped German TD line, though at some point the E-25 might actually go on sale (like maybe Christmas, hah), and I'll get that.
The 8,8 cm Jagdtiger is an excellent choice for a crew trainer because of its 6-man crew configuration with two loaders. Unlike the E-25 and it's 4-man crew (which can train crews up to the Jagdpanzer 4), the JT88 can train all of the crew of every single German tank destroyer up to now.

I have yet to know whether the second German TD line will have weird crew configurations that don't fit the JT88 (like two gunners), so keep the JT88 until then at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
decide to keep 13 90 dispite manage to transfer the crew to bat. it just too cute <3
I made the mistake of selling the 13-90 to get more credits. I'll probably buy it back in the future, because it can be an effective scout in the right hands.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 13:33   Link #9587
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempester View Post
i have yet to know whether the second german td line will have weird crew configurations that don't fit the jt88 (like two gunners), so keep the jt88 until then at least.
4, 6, 5, 4, 6, 6
Old 2013-09-07, 13:54   Link #9588
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I have yet to know whether the second German TD line will have weird crew configurations that don't fit the JT88 (like two gunners), so keep the JT88 until then at least.
Most of my issues with the JT88 were that it was messing with my win rate; my efficiency with it was fairly good, it just wasn't a good vehicle to bail out pubbies with.

I never did get a handle on the T34 (efficiency horrible and win rate bad), and it's gone now. I've actually done better training new crews straight up with the T29 and T32 than working with the T34.

Weird crew annoyances... the double-gunner arrangement on the Churchill I (though at least that way one of the gunners can take their training to the Churchill VII while one stays with the Churchill I), the T-34 not having a gunner but having a radio operator, then the T-34-85 going to five crew, then the T-43 and onward being four crew. (The A-43 and A-44 will also have five crew.)

I still have a couple of spare Soviet and German radio operators slumming around.
Old 2013-09-07, 14:17   Link #9589
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, last night I decided to play again the VK 3001 H. I had forgotten how fun it was mounting the short 88 on that little monster, unfortunately it doesn't help the wet paper that it has for armor.

Anyway, just expecting the switch. When was 8.8 dated to b e released?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 14:23   Link #9590
LeoXiao
思想工作

Tempester, your sig is full of win.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:56   Link #9591
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
4, 6, 5, 4, 6, 6
Thanks for the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Most of my issues with the JT88 were that it was messing with my win rate; my efficiency with it was fairly good, it just wasn't a good vehicle to bail out pubbies with.
It definitely has abysmal maneuverability. Slow heavies can literally drive around it. I was pleasantly surprised when I started playing the tier 9 Jagdtiger, because it's quite fast compared to the JT88.

However, you're still playing better it than I am, and I have no plans on getting rid of it. If maintaining stats is that important to you, maybe it's best to only play the SU-122-44 for premium tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Tempester, your sig is full of win.
That 303 pen gun can penetrate even the tightest armor!
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 17:38   Link #9592
Gravitas Free Zone

IIRC my JT88 was at 44% WR, but something like a 1400-range WN7. So it works out to be average...

But yes, generally I like things that can move faster, and if they don't have a turret, can turn quickly. And hopefully have a decent gun.

Of course, most of the premiums have some glaring flaw somewhere.

This... just fulfilled some weird temptation. The gun does compensate a bit for its... other problems.

Old 2013-09-07, 19:05   Link #9593
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Leopard PTA derpiness aside, finally dove in and purchased the VK 3001 H. Should be interesting how something with paper-thin armor for its tier gets turned into a Heavy, especially since the Pz-IV out-armors it in front. Play it like a French tank?

Oh, and I was able to platoon with PityFool, aka Kewei from the forums. Wish I could say that I performed well, but we were playing West, and I'm still getting used to the PTA. Seas of red and orange over there, so we lost more than we won, and with the PTA, it's really REALLY hard keeping it in the fight long enough to make a difference, especially when a surprise T-54 appears in your favored camping spot...
Old 2013-09-07, 19:38   Link #9594
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

You mean pity playing endo/kewei account?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 19:56   Link #9595
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Sou sou. He mentions that it's always harder playing Kewei's account because, well, the name is pretty infamous.
Old 2013-09-07, 20:37   Link #9596
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I have a good game again because I got a good team and they coordinated with my strategy.

Spoiler for Killing Spree and the results:

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2013-09-08 at 07:58.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 21:03   Link #9597
Sumeragi
Banned

Myssa Rei, commanding a PT A? I have one if you're interested.
Old 2013-09-07, 21:06   Link #9598
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I have my garage full ATM, and I'm thinking on selling a tank so I can buy back the KV-4. Currently I have Pz4 & 3/4, VK 3001 H (for the free slot), IS, IS-3, T-43, GW Panther, LTP, SU-122-44, SU-85.

Damn, why 8.8 can't get sooner?
Old 2013-09-07, 21:11   Link #9599
Gravitas Free Zone

I think I might finally sell my Pz38nA, after having done 425 battles in it. I've seen things, man. Getting blown up like the Student Council vs. Nonna for 5 games today isn't helping.

That would actually open up a garage slot for me to purchase a... JagdPanzer IV. Yargh. On the bright side, the 38nA's CO, driver, and loader actually have higher skill levels than my TD crews... on the bad side, the only spare gunner I have is nowhere near that level yet.

Alternatively, I could move them to the AFKPanther, but... yarrrrrrrrrgh.
Old 2013-09-07, 21:21   Link #9600
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

And I've just hit 3 skills with my KV-2 crew!

Spoiler for Proof:

It has been an interesting ride since 6.5; now this crew will go to the KV-4 (since I moved the KV-4 crew to the IS-3 and the 122-44)

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks