AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 21:54   Link #681
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
^

Yes, but it seems that their efforts of saving their school went in vain now that they decided to shut down next year!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 22:23   Link #682
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Nice episode.... So Maki was the very first idol in the group that gave an autograph? Cool. Hehehe.. she really change didn't she...

So Honoka, Nico and Rin if I'm not mistaking have a problems with their grades... lols... They really should be balancing academics and career... Honoka-Chan!!! Go! Go!

Oh, the breast massage..poor Nico... Guess Nozomi wants that all idols have bigger breast like hers.... hahaha....

So Eri is ballerina? Really fits her ... So she took a video of the live show for her sister? How sweet....

Now that the closure is unavoidable.. Guess Eri has no choice but join the group.... I'll wait for this turn of events....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 23:00   Link #683
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
^

Yes, but it seems that their efforts of saving their school went in vain now that they decided to shut down next year!
Actually, it just speeded up the process where Eri joins the group. They're trying to get all this done in one cour, y'know.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 23:55   Link #684
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The VA for Eri's sister has to be Ayane Sakura, aka Akane from Vividred and Marii from Joshiraku. I'd recognise that bubbly voice anywhere.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 01:20   Link #685
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Nozomichi~

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-02-19 at 01:38.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 02:11   Link #686
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Spoiler for The Price of Fame:

Some fan girls just want more than a picture.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 02:16   Link #687
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2013-02-19, 02:57   Link #688
Candyshark

The most yuri episode so far. So much can be taken out of context MakixRin getting almost in kiss range. When I thought Nozomi is one-trick ponny she pulls Boobs-molester card not that I complain. And of course Umi being completely captivated by blonde russian loli. The blushing and following confession I don't even need yuri-goggles.

I can understand why Eri has stick in the butt. When you was brought up to certain standards it is hard to go easy on others. When you spend years practicing studying any craft like arts, vocals, music. You do get mad at screeching amatuers who can play few simple accords and yet gross positive reaction from ignorant public. Too bad for her idol industry is as much about personality and looks as performign abilities.

As a viewer I liked their choreography a lot. I doubt staff can reinforce Eri's view and do dancing even more awesome after Eri joins them. Another thing being ballet dancer she has excelent rhythm sence but does she good repertoir pop music moves even urban. Almost feels like a classic violinist teaches you death metal.

P.S. Nozomi, I didn't know you need to change in miko clothes to talk with somebody.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 03:04   Link #689
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

You forgot to add the yuri googles when Maki or Umi confronted Eri.

Dat tension.

(They'll make up. See my sig for spoiler. lol)

I agree about what you said about her high standards.

I can understand where she's coming from even if her words are a bit harsh about school idols.

An extreme example would be like you're a famous r&b singer who established years of producing amazing songs with meaningful themes and then you retire on top.

One day, you see a bright eyed wannabe pop singer on the tube try to sing R&B. He pulls out a lukewarm rendition of one of your songs. What makes it worst is the world around you calls his version a masterpiece. You're not amused.

On a lighter note, I think Eri will make the choreography even better just like the sequences we see in the OP and music videos. People who are professionally trained in ballet tend to be the best choreographers in the world.

They can adapt to any style of dance.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-02-19 at 04:06.
Old 2013-02-19, 03:24   Link #690
NoemiChan
Banned

I just died making this...

Old 2013-02-19, 03:40   Link #691
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
The VA for Eri's sister has to be Ayane Sakura, aka Akane from Vividred and Marii from Joshiraku. I'd recognise that bubbly voice anywhere.
Good ear. Confirmed in the end-credits.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 03:54   Link #692
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
You forgot to add the yuri googles when Maki or Umi confronted Eri.

Dat tension.

(They'll make up. See my sig for spoiler. lol)

I agree about what you said about her high standards.

I can understand where she's coming from even if her words are a bit harsh about school idols.

An example would be like you're a famous r&b singer who established years of producing amazing songs with meaningful themes and then you retire on top.

One day, you see a bright eyed wannabe pop singer on the tube try to sing R&B. He pulls out a lukewarm rendition of one of your songs. What makes it worst is the world around you calls his version a masterpiece. You're not amused.

On a lighter note, I think Eri will make the choreography even better just like the sequences we see in the OP and music videos. People who are professionally trained in ballet tend to be the best choreographers in the world.

They can adapt to any style of dance.
Is Umi confronted Eri and yes you true best choreographers but I think Eri and Maki are quite similar both are good for Maki singing (composing) and Eri to dancing (choreography...
Old 2013-02-19, 04:00   Link #693
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Dont forget Umi who writes the lyrics.
Old 2013-02-19, 04:14   Link #694
Pen3

Or Nozomi who does physical checkups.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:15   Link #695
Enternal

Also to add, apparently Eri's grandmother have went to this school and Eri is trying to save the school that her grandmother went too yet she could not do anything. That's sure to cause frustration. In addition to that, all that training she had in certain ways was for nothing as she could not use it to because she's the student council president.

It's not necessarily about being elitist or arrogant. It's just simply that she have worked really hard to be a very good ballerina at that level yet this new group, who is not as good as she is in dancing is able to gain so much popularity AND able to help the school while she, someone who also has strong desires to help the school yet cannot do nothing. She could have simply help the group but at the same time, it's annoying her that they could do it yet she can't so she end up being the antagonist.

In the end up, it become a battle internally whether she helps them or not. She clearly is not full out against them but she does play a role of roadblock, just not significantly so. Nozomi helps the group because she knows the internal battle that Eri is having yet at the same time she knows that Eri is not exactly fully against the group either.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 06:55   Link #696
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
iirc isn't it Kotori who came up with the dance moves? So Eri will be taking the job from her.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 08:01   Link #697
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
iirc isn't it Kotori who came up with the dance moves? So Eri will be taking the job from her.
Umi's been the one supervising the group's physical training though, and when Maki criticized the dance moves they were doing it was Umi who responded that she was the one who came up with them. Kotori is more or less the group's seamstress and costume coordinator.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 08:45   Link #698
NoemiChan
Banned

What about Eri? Group Manager I guess... She could manage the groups legals issues...
Old 2013-02-19, 08:47   Link #699
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
What about Eri? Group Manager I guess... She could manage the groups legals issues...
From the way this episode played out, Umi and Eri will likely become the dance choreographers, with Eri becoming Umi's mentor. Eri can teach about ways to improve their choreography, and Umi can be the drill instructor.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 08:48   Link #700
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

So far, it looks like it will be:

Honoka - leader
Kotori - costume designer
Umi - lyricist
Maki - composer & musician
Eri - choreographer
Niko - marketing/public image

Hanayo - ?
Rin - ?
Nozomi - ?

There's still positions for manager/producer and perhaps audio technician.

Last edited by frivolity; 2013-02-19 at 09:00.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life