AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-05, 18:04   Link #1
videoman190

Hirogaru Sky! Precure

A major incident has occurred in the peaceful Sky Land!?
The young Princess Elle has been kidnapped by the monsters of Underg Empire!
A brave young girl, Sora, follows the princess through a mysterious hole.
"TV"? "Cars"? Are those some kind of magic tools!?!?
But there's no time to be surprised! She has to get the princess back to the castle...!
Flying between two worlds! The adventure with the Pretty Cure begins now!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-06, 10:43   Link #2
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I understand that the best part so far is that they used an old but classic gag:

Spoiler for Old but gold:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-07, 13:15   Link #3
mike21

Hi, new poster here.

So the new lead is a blue precure this time, huh?
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-07, 14:12   Link #4
videoman190

Also the first male main Precure Cure Wing.

Last edited by videoman190; 2023-02-08 at 05:25.
Old 2023-02-07, 22:15   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I've got to say that's one of the better first episodes for a new Precure series in a while. The enemy may be silly, but the danger factor is still there. There's just a more immediate threat to kidnapping a child compared to things like making food taste less good.

Plus, Sora is just a good lead. Get a full spectrum of her personality, but it works. A bit crazy in her own right, but not immune to fear either. She'll pause to think, but she'll still take action. Whatever the reason she wants to be a hero so badly she's dedicated to it. Just really easy to like. Will risk her life in somewhat hopeless situations. But I still respect that more than say...throwing oneself into the vacuum of space!

Second girl seems perfectly nice. She did watch things from up close and did her best to protect that kid. Not bad considering everything just started happening suddenly and without warning.
Old 2023-02-10, 06:02   Link #6
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

Sora is amazing, so full of action. She did not even cry when the villain tore up her picture diary. Takes a lot of courage to do the things she did. Also that Hatsune Miku hairstyle is so very cute.

don't like the addition of a male precure, and I would drop this once he shows up in an episode.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-12, 02:24   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Another really solid episode. They are making sure to keep Sora balanced. She's got the will and passion to be a hero. But actually jumping in still phases her and isn't easy. Having that fear and stepping forward regardless means something.

I suppose the Grandmother having her own past and secrets does make sense. Sora does need a place to live and having someone that knows more than she lets on will make things a good deal easier.

Still taking small steps towards Mashiro jumping in herself. Right now she's just the one who can appreciate up close how hard Sora is pushing herself. And she helped out a good bit in just guiding her around, helping with picking out clothes, and getting Sora a new notebook. Little things that definitely matter.
Old 2023-02-12, 05:17   Link #8
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

another exciting episode.

grandma looks like she knows a lot.

the ranborg is tougher this time, it can shoot things, but Sora still beat it easily.

oh, and Mashiro use her saved up money to give Sora a new notebook.

looking forward to next week.
Old 2023-02-18, 22:36   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Things are holding up pretty well so far. Really just went on ahead and dove right into the Grandmother's identity. Which was certainly helpful since it let her openly discuss getting in contact with Skyland.

Doing a pretty good job with Ellee so far. Can be a bit tricky to have a baby character like that not get too annoying. But missing her parents is a given and it's good for her that they managed to temporarily regain contact. Probably not something they can do regularly with how much they have to hunt for even a single stone, but it's good in this case.

Just building up the bond between Sora and Mashiro as well. While also maintaining that natural fear and hesitation before Sora jumps into a fight. Just fighting a few times won't leave her without any fear.
Old 2023-02-22, 04:18   Link #10
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

hmm, a little more babysitting. Which makes things more realistic, as the baby would not be adjusted yet to the new surroundings this early.

action is still good. Nice, Sora is strong even when not transformed.
Old 2023-02-28, 17:28   Link #11
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

Sora transformation device got stolen. The villain actually do the wise thing this time. But he did not anticipate that another girl would also become precure.

I like Cure Prism's power. Firing shots is a good way to support friends in battle.
Old 2023-03-01, 00:00   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Good episode. Props to the villain here for targeting the transformation tool and taking advantage of Sora's weakness. She's a hero type that doesn't take notice of obvious traps.

And it was good focus on Mashiro's character. I like the idea that she hesitated over not being sure she's special enough to warrant it. Not able to see her own strengths. Good on her friend for helping out at the right time and giving her the push she needed. Allowed Cure Prism to have a solid debut.

It also shows the immediate difficulty. There's no fairy companions or support characters that can easily carry Ellee during these fights. Without a friend nearby or Grandma babysitting...things could get difficult going forward.
Old 2023-03-01, 17:41   Link #13
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good episode. Props to the villain here for targeting the transformation tool and taking advantage of Sora's weakness. She's a hero type that doesn't take notice of obvious traps.

And it was a good focus on Mashiro's character. I like the idea that she hesitated over not being sure she's special enough to warrant it. Not able to see her own strengths. Good on her friend for helping out at the right time and giving her the push she needed. Allowed Cure Prism to have a solid debut.

It also shows the immediate difficulty. There's no fairy companions or support characters that can easily carry Ellee during these fights. Without a friend nearby or Grandma babysitting...things could get difficult going forward.
This might be the few Precure series without a fairy or animal partner other than a magical baby that they have to protect. But when the full team is completed Kabaton might summon an army of Ranborgs to deal with or summon reinforcements.

Last edited by videoman190; 2023-03-07 at 07:44.
Old 2023-03-05, 00:44   Link #14
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I have to say the character development has been a nice positive for the show so far. A pretty solid and understandable dilemma in this one. Sora is just scared. Found herself a "friend" which is good. But Mashiro gaining power only created more reasons to be afraid. Desperately not wanting her friend to get hurt or killed.

The focus being on the main two for this many episodes makes me think back to Maho Girls. There's something to be gained on taking their darn time introducing the other characters. It lets the bond between these two really deepen and get developed without having to juggle more characters too fast.

Also appreciate Mashiro's flexibility. Her fired attacks didn't do much damage, but that's not what she was going for. Distraction and a blinding move really did good work.

The duo finisher didn't really wow me. Mostly since it just looks a bit odd. The firepower is undeniable since it did the job. But I kind of prefer the big punch honestly
Old 2023-03-06, 05:02   Link #15
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

I could watch this series for the entire year with just Sora and Mashiro as the cures. Two is enough for me.

lean Kabaton is actually more intimidating than his fat self. He almost got them, but baby power-up save the day.
Old 2023-03-12, 01:13   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

If Sora can clean an entire house, train, study, etc in about 2 hours...she's got some insane talents. If the superhero thing doesn't work out she can definitely make big money at a variety of things.

Definitely an episode where the fight really was just forced in there because it's how these things work.

Not a bad episode though. Good support from Ageha though .
Old 2023-03-15, 05:35   Link #17
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

Sora said the pig is a waste of screentime. I know cures are always breaking the 4th wall during the start of the show, and at the end. But this is the first time I've seen a cure do it during start of a fight. Maybe everyone in this show is just an actor / actress doing a show for us. Just kidding.

anyway, nice action again. The villains need a counter for that new super move that Sora and Mashiro have. It's just too strong.
Old 2023-03-20, 04:36   Link #18
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

as expected. Sora is so much more athletic than regular kids. Trying to keep a low profile is good, but the truth will come out sooner or later.

nice action again.
Old 2023-03-25, 23:41   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well, here we go. Tsubasa getting established in this episode and looks like they'll just move right into the transformation next week. So the identity ends up being a bird from another world that has the ability to transform into a person. Hardly the first non-human precure so that's not the worst idea. Plus with Ageha set up for the fourth cure that creates a solid balance between Earth and Skyland Precure.

Can't imagine I'll be as attached to him as Sora and Mashiro. But he'll be a decent secondary cure I guess.
Old 2023-03-26, 08:34   Link #20
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

nice to see Cure Grace at the ed theme.

oh, the boy precure is here. Time to drop.

dropped, final score 5/10

Tags
magical boy, magical girl, precure series