AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 36.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 16.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-05, 07:46   Link #101
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Please read and comment on my reflections and analysis of the episode here! It's pretty lengthy, but the episode is so steeped with beauty and meaning that I couldn't speak less.
Nc blog there man. I really didn't get the, errr.. "full picture" in this episode, after reading ur blog. It gave me a better understanding on the episode, especially about Ami there.
Old 2008-12-05, 07:57   Link #102
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ah the power of Toradora to lift your spirits when you have had a bad day.

This episode had a little of everything for everyone but the i must say some of the developments and potential developments are juicy. Ryu is going to have a tough time but the one thing about him is he is very dependable,

Ami seems to slowly but surely be making her move and not only did she Ryu a piece of her mind but she VERY blunt about Ryu and Minorin not fitting together. Ryu is the moon and Minorin is the Sun eventually he would get tired of her light. The only one Ryu can be equal with is Ami. Thats pretty damn heavy but that scene plus the final beach scene where Ryu basically says yes he would be lonely without her around but thats really a concern of hers she is the lonely one. Ami made great progress this time around and we still got our clevege shot from her too.

Minorin's bubbling yet weird personality is not my type but i can see how and why she is so likable she a splendid aura around her that makes you want to be happy. Like Ryu said whenever Im around you im happy. The finally beach scene between those two was fantastic. Minorin basically said hey as you keep making my life interesting and leading me place maybe just maybe.........fill in the blank. Not to mention she turn the tables on Taiga and Ryu and managed to recruit Kitamura as a double agent lmao.

Poor Taiga she did get anytime to spend with Kitamura and it seems Ryu attention will probably be taken up by Minorin and Ami. Taiga looked generally sad on their way home Taiga is so complex i am not going to assume i know what that look was about we can only wait and see but i sense another emotional episode coming soon. Kitamura still has not been outed yet so I think we should get something involving him soon. Im about 70% sure Kitamura is interested in Minorin

Ami get my the award this time around from me her analogy of Ryu and Minorin was great.

9/10
Old 2008-12-05, 09:03   Link #103
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Please read and comment on my reflections and analysis of the episode here! It's pretty lengthy, but the episode is so steeped with beauty and meaning that I couldn't speak less.
Very good analysis, yet I must to add, I've watched this episode 5 times already. I come to the conclusion on two facts at the end, based on Ami and Taiga.

1. Ami seems very lonely at the veranda, while she is watching towards Ryuuji. At this point, the group already accepted her who she is, and she realized that now, but now it seems deep inside her heart, she wants something else with more meaning. She must be self-tormenting herself now, it seems though she is in-love with Ryuuji, she knows that and she is fighting inside herself because of it.

2. It was nice to see Taiga somewhat herself at the end of this episode, she spend more time with Yuusaku, and it was not all what it seems for her. I have a feeling that at the end she came to the conclusion that she really is "in-love" with Ryuuji. In a sense, it was her time spend with Yuusaku, and what she observed the time Ryuuji and Minorin spend as well, reflecting on her own. Now that she realized it, seems kinda awkward for her, because for the longest time she was fixated to Yuusaku, and all this time, she was in love with Ryuuji.

In a sense, Ami and Taiga are similar persons after all, both realizing what Ryuuji truly means to them. And both are in love with him.

If you rewatch this episode again, look how sub-themes plays out, and it gives as a glimpse of the "true-emotions", Night and day, Moon and sun, the sparkle, the fireworks, and more... they all gives hints ^^

Last edited by KeitaroNagato; 2008-12-05 at 09:29. Reason: just to add
Old 2008-12-05, 09:36   Link #104
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I believe that the school festival will reveal even more. I can't wait for next week's episode!
Old 2008-12-05, 09:45   Link #105
RogerOsk

Quote:
Aye, very good article, gonna give it another read when I rewatch the episode later. And good eye with the symbolism, KeitaroNagato, that'll be fun to notice too.

Excellent episode all around. More dramatic but a lot of development. I loved it when Ami pretended she was lost just to get Ryuuji all concerned, it seemed like a desperate move on her part to get intimate attention (close up to him grabbing her shoulders). Or maybe that's just me.
Old 2008-12-05, 09:57   Link #106
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ah the power of Toradora to lift your spirits when you have had a bad day.
So true, and even if your day isn't bad your spirit will still be lifted.

Quote:
This episode had a little of everything for everyone but the i must say some of the developments and potential developments are juicy. Ryu is going to have a tough time but the one thing about him is he is very dependable,
That's probably one of the main reasons the girls are being attracted to him. He's really dependable.

Quote:
Ami seems to slowly but surely be making her move and not only did she Ryu a piece of her mind but she VERY blunt about Ryu and Minorin not fitting together. Ryu is the moon and Minorin is the Sun eventually he would get tired of her light. The only one Ryu can be equal with is Ami. Thats pretty damn heavy but that scene plus the final beach scene where Ryu basically says yes he would be lonely without her around but thats really a concern of hers she is the lonely one. Ami made great progress this time around and we still got our clevege shot from her too.
Quote:
Ami get my the award this time around from me her analogy of Ryu and Minorin was great.
I think she decides to make her move since she is noticing that Ryuuji is getting closer to Minori. I'm not going to repeat all the complicated talk that Ami did but I'm interpreting Ami's actions on this episode is that she is trying to give Ryuuji a reason to want her (and at the same time she's trying to give Ryuuji a reason on why he won't be happy if he ends up with Minori).

Quote:
Minorin's bubbling yet weird personality is not my type but i can see how and why she is so likable she a splendid aura around her that makes you want to be happy. Like Ryu said whenever Im around you im happy. The finally beach scene between those two was fantastic. Minorin basically said hey as you keep making my life interesting and leading me place maybe just maybe.........fill in the blank. Not to mention she turn the tables on Taiga and Ryu and managed to recruit Kitamura as a double agent lmao.
The blank ......... it's pretty obvious.
If Ryuuji keeps up on what he's doing, she'd fall for him (own opinion).

Quote:
Poor Taiga she did get anytime to spend with Kitamura and it seems Ryu attention will probably be taken up by Minorin and Ami. Taiga looked generally sad on their way home Taiga is so complex i am not going to assume i know what that look was about we can only wait and see but i sense another emotional episode coming soon. Kitamura still has not been outed yet so I think we should get something involving him soon. Im about 70% sure Kitamura is interested in Minorin
Taiga did get to spend a lot of time with Kitamura and that's what she wants (or she thinks she wants it).
However, she seems not very satisfied at the end of their trip.
Old 2008-12-05, 10:36   Link #107
roan

After/while Ryuuji was talking to Minori, this is what happened in the 4th novel.
Spoiler:

There's a little bit more after, but I'm not in enough of a translation mood since that would require me to do 4 more pages and I don't believe in putting too much effort in a translation that someone's going to eventually do either.

Interesting change though.

Last edited by roan; 2008-12-05 at 10:55.
Old 2008-12-05, 12:43   Link #108
pkim224

I have already read the previous comments and episode analysis, and while I thought they were great and I don't want to retread the same material, I think this superb episode deserves another person's subjective interpretation. So those of you who share my sentiment, read on for this will be a long one!

This episode 10, within the frame of 25 min and while effectively pursuing the "scare" plot, nevertheless movingly portrays the evolving relationship of at least three character pairs, and in doing so catapaults Toradora from the mass of mediocre romantic comedy anime into something more.

In my opinion, the show stealer was Takasu x Minori, although Takasu x Ami runs close behind. Last came Takasu x Taiga in brief but very effective moments. Let me discuss each in turn.

Takasu x Minori:

While Takasu x Ami got the more screen time, I feel Takasu x Minori was the most effective, partially because it built off of an great earlier scene in episode 9. It is impossible to fully appreciate episode 10 without knowing this scene. There, when Takasu builds up the courage to ask Minori if she has a girlfriend, Minori seemingly goes off into a tangent about believing in ghosts. But the watcher soon realizes that it is an analogy for love. Minori is skeptical about the existence of true love (and ghosts), and yet can't help herself to want to believe they exist. The seeming frivolousness of the subject makes it easier for both to talk about the real subject, like a secret code known only to the two.

I myself didn't particularly like Minori in the beginning. She seemed the typical forgettable hyperactive personality and humor which plague anime. Episode 10 presents another rare moment where we see the real multi-faceted Minori. This was hinted to earlier, when Minori and Takasu were trapped in the equipment shed, and Takasu intuitively senses a sadness in his crush. Minori's bubbly exterior is another mask, like the similar ones worn by Ami and Taiga.

In the first scene where Takasu and Minori work together in the kitchen, Minori expresses admiration at Takasu's cooking skills and seriousness (nice to see his merits are appreciated by someone). Takasu returns the subject to the ghost analogy, and Minori asks Takasu to keep it quiet, as it is a side that she rarely reveals. (Btw, I found Minori's purposeful lisping of "TA-KAS-KYU!" in response to Takasu's high-pitched "Kushieda!" to be absolutely adorable.) And I note, watching the scene where Minori tears from putting an onion near her eye, she is truly the "air-headed" compassionate girl that Ami pretends to be.

Last, we come to the great fireworks on the beach scene. Minori shrewdly asks Takasu for the motive behind trying to scare her, showing that she is both extremely perceptive and understands Takasu's personality perhaps better
than any other character, not at all the 1-D stereotype. (She also uses reverse pyschology! Don't you think she's a better actress than Ami?) In this wonderful scene, we see the first hint that Minori may reciprocate Takasu's feelings. When Takasu thanks her for a fun time and hints at his motive, Minori understands and she whispers, in a face not at all like her mask, that if Takasu continues to "change her world", showing her UFOs and going monster-hunting, perhaps one day... she will start believing in ghosts. At that moment, at Takasu's cry, Minori sees distant fireworks. She disbelieving says she saw an exploding UFO. As she cried, "I really saw it! It's like a dream!" I could sense the unshed tears of happiness in Minori's voice as she began to hope at finding true love again.) Some
stirring string music tied up the scene nicely.

Takasu x Ami:

Despite the moving Minori scenes, the interaction between Takasu and Ami is perhaps the most interesting and subtle. In her usual manipulative way, she seeks to attract Takasu. She has the advantage that she is aware of both Taiga's
feelings for Ryuuji and his feelings for Minori. Unsurprisingly, she uses her favorite tools of her bodily charms and flirtatous "Ami-chan" mask to turn his head.

Ironically, she may be attracted to Takasu precisely because he is immune to her usual charms that causes thousands of drooling fanboys to her feet. She was drawn to Takasu initially only to annoy Taiga. But Takasu was the one who saw through her original facade and didn't fall for her (thanks in part to Kitamura), but furthermore maintained her secret, stayed her friend despite seeing her true personality, and urged her to drop it for her own sake. At this point, Ami begins to feel something more and aggressively pursues Takasu.

Even the seemingly eyecandy swimseat scene held content, as Takasu's reacted like any guy but is strong and indifferent enough to control himself, frustrating Ami. As she counts down from 5, Ami jealously realizes that Takasu is obviously in love with Minori yet not willing to share his innermost feelings with her. Shes hopes that by rejecting helping him, she can bind him to her in some way. But when she sees Takasu's plan progressing anyway with Kitamura's efforts, she abruptly cuts in to help anyway, wanting at least some way to shake the status quo.

In the cave, she again dons Ami-chan and suggests that Takasu needs her. Revealingly, she clearly desperately wants him to need her. She shifts tack and briefly drops the act and directly tells him that he and Minori are not suited.
The sun/moon analogy went a little over my head, but I think Ami was trying to say that Takasu may highly admire Minori, but like her, he is a source of light. (I know, to all you astronomers out there, the moon is only reflecting the light of the sun. But I think such subtleties escaped our charming model.) He is incompatible with another warm personality, but rather should be paired with something shrouded in darkness, like herself (and incidentally, Taiga). Her sudden mention that Takasu would never beat Minori was quite shocking, and hinted at an
awful upbringing Ami may have suffered.

Her sudden trick pretending she was lost may have been another attempt to shake Takasu, but it only confirmed to her his dependability and kindness. Yet at the very moment of confession, Minori's scream forced both to dash after her.

Ami grew worried as Takasu seemingly ran away from her in concern over Minori. Yet when she slipped, Takasu caught her with an apology. A visibly relieved and moved Ami, gladdened that he had not forgotten her even in his hurry, for once selflessly urges both to continue.

And last, we come to the beach scene. Takasu quite clearly understands the problems Ami faces and tells her to face her loneliness. Ami revealingly pouts and says wouldn't that be painful, showing just how vulnerable and fearful of rejection she really is. Takasu, the good friend he is, tells her to let it out, as he is her friend. Ami surrenders and walks away, confronted by the Takasu's kindness and yet his unshakeable love for Minori. I couldn't help feel sorry for her, as she looked sadly out from the veranda at Takasu and Minori. Yes, Ami is a selfish and twisted personality, but my heart couldn't help going out to her desperate loneliness and aching hunger to love and be truly loved.

Takasu x Taiga:

The focal relationship of the series got a welcome backseat, though its presence permeated the entire episode. We have two short but very suggestive scenes. Both scenes suggest the same thing. First, at the climax of the Takasu x Minori fireworks scene, we see a quick flash of Taiga looking lonely while watching the two, even as she reflected earlier on the meaning of their shared dream. Symbolically, her firework goes out even as Minori's explodes in the distance.

Lastly, as all return home, Taiga looks painfully at the retreating back of Takasu, and like a "baka inu" chases after his side. We see that while Taiga is physically abusive and seemingly lords over Ryuuji, he is in effect the stronger character. Despite mostly helping Taiga with her relationship with Kitamura and despite her plan completely backfiring, Takasu, in his steadfast and selfless way, has made more progress with his crush. Meanwhile, Taiga can only admire Kitamura from afar (just as Ami warned to Takasu) and realizes how dependant she really is on Takasu's kindness.

Wrapup:

I cynically believe that Takasu x Taiga will be the eventual pairing. The books make this more likely, and in particular Takasu seems to have feelings for Taiga that are not apparent in the anime. But personally, I am not a Takasu x Taiga fan, if only for the sake of being contrarian. I would respect a romantic comedy anime that does not take the benchmark pairing, but has the courage to show sometimes the non-obvious ones can work out. But I expect to be disappointed. However, with the possible exception of Ami, it is Taiga of the three who needs Ryuuji the most. Let's await with bated breadth for the next episode. I'm guessing it will not come near to the brilliance of this one.

THANK YOU FOR READING!
Old 2008-12-05, 15:22   Link #109
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Wow pkim224, that's quite an insightful post there...

Anyway, I did really enjoy this episode if though the characters really made me rack my brain and screwed with my thoughts. It's definitely worthy of a 9 out of 10...but it just makes everything feel a bit off. I did enjoy how Ryuuji/Taiga took a bit of a pause here to flesh out the other relationships, while still keeping that same nice feeling.

What really got on me about this episode was Minori. I, personally, am just at this point where I can't stand Minori/Ryuuji anymore. I'm just plain tired of it all, because Minori can't ever be direct with Ryuuji. It's as if she knows everything that goes around, but just plays dumb and prefers that things be this way than acknowledging Ryuuji's feelings. It doesn't make any sense. I mean, yeah, it's selfless, but wouldn't it work if she just told him the truth? It feels like Ryuuji can take that kind of news.

It's that kind of attitude, and Kitamura's attitude that worries me. The fact that Minori actually loves horror and they used the cave trick all as a ruse, just kills there character. It feels as if instead of accepting the love that Ryuuji or Taiga, they would prefer to play matchmakers. Having two oblivious characters love each other than accepting their own love. It's not necessarily selfless, but more of selfish in a way.

Instead of them telling the two characters or truth, or having them learn for themselves, they want to put the Taiga and Ryuuji purposely together because they believe it's the best. At this early stage, it isn't what the protagonists want, it's what Minori and Yuusaku want. It feels much more annoying with Minori though, because Yuusaku atleast did have feelings for Taiga before and still cares about her in a sense. Minori is just stuck on speaking in metaphors. Despite the fact that they said things like: "Whoever becomes your wife will be really happy" and "You always make me feel happy when your around", nothing happens. It just makes everything feel so pointless.

What also feels sad about this is that Ami and Taiga are kind of caught in the middle of this since they both have genuine feelings for Ryuuji. Ami's is a bit more streamlined since she tries to be seductive and she'll pull pranks on him. But even with that she does still wish to be with him and support him. They both admitted to being lonely. Taiga is the same way, just with her tsundere-complexion. She also admitted that even though she does have unrequited love for Yuusaku, she enjoys spending time with Ryuuji more. She learned the hard way how relationships are truely formed and discovered.

I love this series, but there are just things that happen in it that make me just wish the series would end already.
Old 2008-12-05, 16:19   Link #110
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh God, please no. There's way too much material yet for them to cover, for me to even consider the series finale already.

Old 2008-12-05, 16:24   Link #111
Tiran86

I'm enjoying this series too much to end now. It needs to go at least 24-26 episodes. Possibly even a third season.
Old 2008-12-05, 17:09   Link #112
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Instead of them telling the two characters or truth, or having them learn for themselves, they want to put the Taiga and Ryuuji purposely together because they believe it's the best. At this early stage, it isn't what the protagonists want, it's what Minori and Yuusaku want.
This is what I'm going to feel a little uncomfortable about. They're good friends but what they're doing is a bit misguided.

For Ryuuji, in his perspective, his good lot he's developing with Minori is for nothing, and he'll be expected to settle for Taiga because it's Minori and Kitamura's wish. That doesn't feel very natural for a relationship to come together. Taiga and Ryuuji coming together would be fine if Ryuuji also wanted it to be that way, but as this charade begins blocking Ryuuji's aims for Minorin, there is going to inevitably be bruised hearts for no darn good reason.

Yes, no darn good reason at all!
Old 2008-12-05, 17:13   Link #113
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim224 View Post
Takasu x Ami:

Despite the moving Minori scenes, the interaction between Takasu and Ami is perhaps the most interesting and subtle. In her usual manipulative way, she seeks to attract Takasu. She has the advantage that she is aware of both Taiga's
feelings for Ryuuji and his feelings for Minori. Unsurprisingly, she uses her favorite tools of her bodily charms and flirtatous "Ami-chan" mask to turn his head.

Ironically, she may be attracted to Takasu precisely because he is immune to her usual charms that causes thousands of drooling fanboys to her feet. She was drawn to Takasu initially only to annoy Taiga. But Takasu was the one who saw through her original facade and didn't fall for her (thanks in part to Kitamura), but furthermore maintained her secret, stayed her friend despite seeing her true personality, and urged her to drop it for her own sake. At this point, Ami begins to feel something more and aggressively pursues Takasu.

Even the seemingly eyecandy swimseat scene held content, as Takasu's reacted like any guy but is strong and indifferent enough to control himself, frustrating Ami. As she counts down from 5, Ami jealously realizes that Takasu is obviously in love with Minori yet not willing to share his innermost feelings with her. Shes hopes that by rejecting helping him, she can bind him to her in some way. But when she sees Takasu's plan progressing anyway with Kitamura's efforts, she abruptly cuts in to help anyway, wanting at least some way to shake the status quo.

In the cave, she again dons Ami-chan and suggests that Takasu needs her. Revealingly, she clearly desperately wants him to need her. She shifts tack and briefly drops the act and directly tells him that he and Minori are not suited.
The sun/moon analogy went a little over my head, but I think Ami was trying to say that Takasu may highly admire Minori, but like her, he is a source of light. (I know, to all you astronomers out there, the moon is only reflecting the light of the sun. But I think such subtleties escaped our charming model.) He is incompatible with another warm personality, but rather should be paired with something shrouded in darkness, like herself (and incidentally, Taiga). Her sudden mention that Takasu would never beat Minori was quite shocking, and hinted at an awful upbringing Ami may have suffered.

Her sudden trick pretending she was lost may have been another attempt to shake Takasu, but it only confirmed to her his dependability and kindness. Yet at the very moment of confession, Minori's scream forced both to dash after her.

Ami grew worried as Takasu seemingly ran away from her in concern over Minori. Yet when she slipped, Takasu caught her with an apology. A visibly relieved and moved Ami, gladdened that he had not forgotten her even in his hurry, for once selflessly urges both to continue.

And last, we come to the beach scene. Takasu quite clearly understands the problems Ami faces and tells her to face her loneliness. Ami revealingly pouts and says wouldn't that be painful, showing just how vulnerable and fearful of rejection she really is. Takasu, the good friend he is, tells her to let it out, as he is her friend. Ami surrenders and walks away, confronted by the Takasu's kindness and yet his unshakeable love for Minori. I couldn't help feel sorry for her, as she looked sadly out from the veranda at Takasu and Minori. Yes, Ami is a selfish and twisted personality, but my heart couldn't help going out to her desperate loneliness and aching hunger to love and be truly loved.
I started loving Ami ever since episode six. It was at that point that there was a twist in her character: she finally had someone caring for her despite knowing who she really was. Her character grows more and more sympathetic as the series progresses, and this episode gave reasons once again.

Good analysis. It's just so sad that she hasn't realized yet that to ultimately attract Takasu, or at least to call his attention, all she really has to do is to be honest with both herself and him.
Old 2008-12-05, 17:15   Link #114
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
This is what I'm going to feel a little uncomfortable about. They're good friends but what they're doing is a bit misguided.

For Ryuuji, in his perspective, his good lot he's developing with Minori is for nothing, and he'll be expected to settle for Taiga because it's Minori and Kitamura's wish. That doesn't feel very natural for a relationship to come together. Taiga and Ryuuji coming together would be fine if Ryuuji also wanted it to be that way, but as this charade begins blocking Ryuuji's aims for Minorin, there is going to inevitably be bruised hearts for no darn good reason.

Yes, no darn good reason at all!

And that is what worries me about this series too. How believable can any feeling Ryuuji develops for Taiga be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I'm enjoying this series too much to end now. It needs to go at least 24-26 episodes. Possibly even a third season.
25 episodes.
Old 2008-12-05, 17:32   Link #115
Voitan

If the writer can make as many good twists and turns and flowering developments she's made to Ami's character, then lets hope that she can do just a good job with Ryuuji in his feelings toward Taiga.

Still hoping for the impossible though.

Ami x Ryuuji 4ever! Wooooooooooooo!
Old 2008-12-05, 17:50   Link #116
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

I have to say, this show has gotten to me as one of the best show this season and on par with Clannad right now as my favorite show this season.

Gave it a 10/10.. ToraDora is quickly gathering lots of 10s.. What will happen next? Will Clannad the uncontested champion make it back to Clouds' top?
Old 2008-12-05, 17:52   Link #117
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
I enjoyed this episode as well. Taiga's disappointment at the very end was very stirring. She was clearly hurt but probably still does not understand why. Anyone who does not understand the look on Taiga's face at the end needs to take some time off for self reflection. It was very obvious she was hurt because Ryuuji is getting close to other girls that are not her.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Minori is just using all this as a test to make sure Ryuuji is worthy of her best friend, Taiga? This entire series thus far, from a certain point of view could be about Kitamura and Minori trying to get Taiga and Ryuuji together.

I doubt this will last 3 seasons, but I could see it easily going through 2.
Old 2008-12-05, 18:47   Link #118
typhonsentra

Toradora in a nutshell?

Old 2008-12-05, 18:55   Link #119
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And that is what worries me about this series too. How believable can any feeling Ryuuji develops for Taiga be?
You haven't been paying attention, have you?
He ALREADY has feelings for her. Granted, they could simply be feelings you harbor towards a close friend, but... What did you surmise from their shared dream? Simply a reaction to a bad horror movie? Somehow, I don't think so.

And, honestly, going by how many episodes we still have to go, don't you all think that lots and lots of things are still bound to happen, for us to already be cringing about what we think the characters are trying to do?

Old 2008-12-05, 18:59   Link #120
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Toradora in a nutshell?
Spoiler for huge:
Except that Ryuuji doesn't think like that.

But otherwise yeah. Pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
You haven't been paying attention, have you?
He ALREADY has feelings for her. Granted, they could simply be feelings you harbor towards a close friend, but... What did you surmise from their shared dream? Simply a reaction to a bad horror movie? Somehow, I don't think so.

And, honestly, going by how many episodes we still have to go, don't you all think that lots and lots of things are still bound to happen, for us to already be cringing about what we think the characters are trying to do?
Well. Being a psychology student, I can tell you that dreams mean nothing.

But that's not the way things work in fiction, so...

Novel Ryuuji seems to be much more attracted to her than Anime Ryuuji, probably because we don't get to see his thoughts as much. And these last two episodes had next to nothing to do with Taiga.

Spoiler for maybe?:
Closed Thread