AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 11 12.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 30.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 29.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.16%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.16%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-08, 06:19   Link #81
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Ok episode, but that henshin still made me facepalm. =_=
Be positive. Thank to those, we know that Suou's not a trap.........
Old 2009-11-08, 08:51   Link #82
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Be positive. Thank to those, we know that Suou's not a trap.........
Unless they chose not to animate those parts.
Old 2009-11-08, 10:01   Link #83
Joe_fh

The epiosde was really good again. The rave music started a bit early imo. If they're going to use it at least use it in the action scene itself not earlier. It sort of kills any suspense

Suou's character is getting really interesting. She was before but her reactions and the choices she makes are quite intriguing. She finally shot something so I believe she will shoot someone for real next epixode and it porbably would have something to do with the boy that likes her or his mother. There were too many details about her character, how it's developing, what she wants and how she's changing in this episode so I'll skip those for now

Did anyone else though that the red star is Suou's one? There wasn't a red star in the sky before she bacame a contractor and we also know that her becoming one was really important for some unknown reason (will probably understand it in the future) so I think that might be her's

Another interesting thing was that "Izanami" thing. It was really big. Who knows maybe Yin is inside and they're using her somehow though from the season so far I don't think that's the case. I mean seing Yin in the 6th episode will be strange since she'll pop out of nowhere and right in the middle of Suou/Hei development.

Also I think that was more of a trap for Suou rather than Hei. She was waiting at the port and so were Misaki and the other contractors. And "izanami" itself seemed really well protected. Then again there's really no way for them to know where they both were and even if they were going to try something so setting a trap seems a bit odd.

Also that woman with the twins is probably after that izanami thing and she's using Misaki to get to it. At least I got that impression after the twins said "found it" at the same time Misaki looked at the box.

Funny thing - seems like that agency can pick up someone living in an abandoned building in the middle of nowhere but they fail to notice a drunk Hei going in the middle of a huge empty field and using a phone every day
Old 2009-11-08, 10:06   Link #84
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Pretty sure the whole season's theme is intimate relationships, friends and family.
Shou and Shion.
Dad died.
Mum contractor.
Nika and Tanya.
New contractor shou and tranny boy's son.
Etc

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2009-11-08, 10:30   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Also, contractors are starting to be like Highlanders' immortals. Can't go to the store next door without crossing path with a couple of them. At the rate they're going, the second half of the season will be about them becoming a recognized minority and fighting for their rights by forming lobbies and political parties.
Old 2009-11-08, 10:48   Link #86
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Although I like this Hei, he's just not Hei anymore without his coat and mask when fighting.

The trap's son is getting annoying, I'm predicting he will get killed by his mother sooner or later so the show can maintain it's "darker than black" theme.

Tanya uses cockroaches? I mean, I knew they were bugs but cockroaches? The sooner she dies, the better. I hate them with passion.

BK201 is living with children.
Old 2009-11-08, 10:59   Link #87
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I like to call them the "moe team"...
Old 2009-11-08, 13:16   Link #88
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post

EDIT: Or Yin can be in the box. =O
same here
Old 2009-11-08, 15:05   Link #89
Hobbit
. . .

Hmn...

When I first saw the epi, my impressioens was that in the container really carried Yin inside. If i'm corect, when the anti-contractor device was launched, the section 3 team was inside a truck...

We also can see that after the "display" of Hei's memories towards Suou, her eyes loose their focus as if someone was taken control. Suou was not a contractor yet, and her action was too fast. My thought is that it was Yin.

In the first episode, we saw Dr. Pavlichenko calling for Shion, and taking him is his arms. Then Shion looks to his side and calls "Suou", and we see a ghost observer. Well, in this case we need wait for the plot to evolve.

Anyway, we don't know the powers that Shion possess, and why he was paying his retribution (He couldn't walk). Maybe his contract is somewhat like Amber's. That would explain Suou being alive. And also how he guide her after the raid in the house/lab.

And continuing on Shion, it's him who gives the pendant to Suou. His clear when he said to her that never lose that. I think there is a connection between Shion, the pendant and Suou mysterious power/contract. But we can't forget that in S1, Dr. Schroeder said that BK-201 has the power to transform normal humans in contractors.

One last thought (yeah, sorry for that): Anyone else thought that maybe Shion is the client who is hiring Hei to train Suou? If you think how Dr. Pavchilenko feared Shion, and how he acts, it's not impossible.

That's all. Sorry for the english, but it can't be helped.
See ya.
Old 2009-11-08, 15:57   Link #90
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've just finished rewatching season one, and it was directly stated (I think by November 11?) that contractors are not without emotions, they just don't let their emotions affect their decisions. By that standard, neither Hei nor Suou are full contractors.

Hei was a different sort of contractor, according to Amber, because Pai was actually inside him, and it was her power that he used. I also can confirm that she said Hei's electrical power was just a tiny bit of Pai's full power, which came out in full at the end of that series, I guess. Not sure whether he retained all of her power after that or not, although it did say that she was gone ("sayonara, onii-chan").

I guess Pai's power was blasted out of Hei by the floating weapons, but fled into the meteor-fragment necklace around Suou's neck. I wonder what will happen if and when it streams back to Hei.

Also, Hei was a top fighter before he got those powers. It was stated that he was part of Amber and Pai's brigade in South America as a normal human, not a contractor.

Much as I don't care about most of the plot holes people are seeing, I did think it was a bit odd that Hei said Suou was weird because she was still growing up, when there was July right beside her, even younger.

It actually seems to me that this series is a bit more serious than the original, in some ways. I found the mad scientist there really silly, like something out of Scooby Doo. And also the star woman at the observatory, croaking away behind her silly character design. Overdone to the point of bathos. Lebanon had me worried for a minute, but he turns out to be fairly serious. His son is the most ridiculous at the moment, but will redeem himself tragically soon, I expect.

I thought Yin was still around at the end of season one, although we only saw her in a ghostly form like a Yin-shaped observation drone. The official site says (and I guess a lot of you already knew, which I didn't) that there will be a special four-part OVA coming out an episode at a time from the second DVD on, telling the story of what happened between the end of season one and the beginning of season two, dealing with "the attack on Hei and Yin." Maybe it will take until then to be sure what gives with "ano onna."

I got the genders of Izanami and Izanagi reversed before. Izanami was female, so could be Yin. But why would they have her up north in Sapporo? Maybe the attack on her and Yin was in the north, I guess. I have thought of Yin and Hei as like siblings. I guess Izanami couldn't be Pai, could she? I don't see how a Yin Izanami could be a weapon against contractors, except to lure them in and/or know where they were.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-08, 16:35   Link #91
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I don't see how a Yin Izanami could be a weapon against contractors, except to lure them in and/or know where they were.
But don't you remember Hei's flashback ?

Spoiler for Yin:
Old 2009-11-08, 17:45   Link #92
orion

Either way whoever was unfortunate enough to be transported in a metal container is prob not in good shape. Only thought of as a weapon and no longer considered human. I keep thinking about how Gantz looked inside that ball.

It would be a weird twist if the real Suou is in the container. The team was in Russia looking for Izanagi also.
Old 2009-11-08, 17:47   Link #93
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Much as I don't care about most of the plot holes people are seeing, I did think it was a bit odd that Hei said Suou was weird because she was still growing up, when there was July right beside her, even younger.
Spoiler for there is some info from season 1:

As for the whole Yin part I'm not really sure since we know almost nothing. She was alive and well after that whole Tokyo incident so it will probably be covered in the OVAs. Also it's possible that she's in that box but that would sort of ruin the anime. You have to consider that right now we see Suou develop as a contractor and deal with Hei. If Yin is back again this could go in 2 or 3 ways.

First Yin is dead Hei continues with his drinking but now there's not really a reason for him to do anything since it seems what's driving him forward this season has something to do with her.

Second she's alive and we get the YinxHei relationship back.That's all nice and well but Suou doesn't fit in there and she seems likethe main character this time around. Either way it would be really wierd if they do it now. Or maybe the agency will manage to secure the box and Hei will just see that Yin is in there. That however won't explain why he didn't escape with her before the reached th port.

I must agree on the point that this season seems to be more serious. Maybe because it's not using the 2 episode arc and all the characters get more development this way.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:00   Link #94
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Or maybe the agency will manage to secure the box and Hei will just see that Yin is in there. That however won't explain why he didn't escape with her before the reached th port.

I must agree on the point that this season seems to be more serious. Maybe because it's not using the 2 episode arc and all the characters get more development this way.
Because the box inside the truck was just a decoy, the real thing should be inside the submarine.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:09   Link #95
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
As for the whole Yin part I'm not really sure since we know almost nothing. She was alive and well after that whole Tokyo incident so it will probably be covered in the OVAs. Also it's possible that she's in that box but that would sort of ruin the anime. You have to consider that right now we see Suou develop as a contractor and deal with Hei. If Yin is back again this could go in 2 or 3 ways.

First Yin is dead Hei continues with his drinking but now there's not really a reason for him to do anything since it seems what's driving him forward this season has something to do with her.
Really, we still don't know what caused Hei to become what he is now except the particular flashback we get to see. The whole "Yin" thing is just a fandom thing, I have never considered Yin to be truly significant the the plot, I think it's just fans of her wanting more of her.

Quote:
Second she's alive and we get the YinxHei relationship back.That's all nice and well but Suou doesn't fit in there and she seems likethe main character this time around. Either way it would be really wierd if they do it now. Or maybe the agency will manage to secure the box and Hei will just see that Yin is in there. That however won't explain why he didn't escape with her before the reached th port.

I don't know what relationship are we suppose to get back as I have never considered Yin as a love interest for Hei, heck, I have never considered anyone seriously as a possible love interest for Hei seeing as this isn't really a romance anime and that type of setting wouldn't really fit here. However, as a contractor and a doll type of relationship and forming a particular bond especially when they were fugitives from the agency, that I can see but no romantic interest whatsoever here.

I'm really liking Suou's character at this point and I'm also liking her relationship with Hei. I think at this point, she'll become really attached to Hei, forming a sort of master-apprentice bond and she will eventually come to consider Hei as some sort of mentor for her. I can also think of two possible reasons why July is following Hei.

1. He wants to take revenge on April and possibly wants to kill Hei, I guess he's really good at concealing his feelings, not surprising since he's suppose to be a doll.

b. He was oredered to spy on Hei by the agency that assigned April to take Shion.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:14   Link #96
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Because the box inside the truck was just a decoy, the real thing should be inside the submarine.
The sub is to transport the real one out. It was being transported in the truck to the harbor for the sub to pick up. That's why Suou is at the harbor ready to shoot.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:21   Link #97
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The sub is to transport the real one out. It was being transported in the truck to the harbor for the sub to pick up. That's why Suou is at the harbor ready to shoot.
Well what I'm saying is that the real box is already on the sub, and that's why there's no one guarding the one on the truck. They knew Hei was after the box so I doubt they'd leave it totally unguarded like that.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:29   Link #98
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Really, we still don't know what caused Hei to become what he is now except the particular flashback we get to see. The whole "Yin" thing is just a fandom thing, I have never considered Yin to be truly significant the the plot, I think it's just fans of her wanting more of her.
Well the way I see it at the moment Yin seems to be what Bai was in the frist season. A missing person Hei is trying to find and cares about a lot. After all that was his objective in the first season even though he got sidetracked a lot. So I believe she's really important to the plot especially considering those flashbacks which seem to have a lot to do with Hei's current condition. Of course I migh be wrong

Quote:
I don't know what relationship are we suppose to get back as I have never considered Yin as a love interest for Hei, heck, I have never considered anyone seriously as a possible love interest for Hei seeing as this isn't really a romance anime and that type of setting wouldn't really fit here. However, as a contractor and a doll type of relationship and forming a particular bond especially when they were fugitives from the agency, that I can see but no romantic interest whatsoever here.
Well I didn't mean it as a love relationship either. For me Yin is like a siter to Hei. He cares about her a lot since he redirected most of the feelings he had for his siter towards her. I also didn't think Hei would fall in love with somone or anything like that since the anime isn't about that or at least that's the way I see it.
So there is a relationship between them and if Yin comes back again that master-apprentice bond between Hei and Suou will be lost. And that;s just it I like how things are now so that will feel wierd.
Quote:
I can also think of two possible reasons why July is following Hei.

1. He wants to take revenge on April and possibly wants to kill Hei, I guess he's really good at concealing his feelings, not surprising since he's suppose to be a doll.

b. He was oredered to spy on Hei by the agency that assigned April to take Shion.
I doubt it's the first one since except fo Yin we never saw any other doll act acording to it's feelings when it was meant to do something else.
The second might be possible.

And the sub is there to pick up the box. They said the'll be transporting it by sea. There's no point for the submarine to be there if the box is onboard even if it's trap since they don't actually need the real thing to set one up. And it was quite well guarded especially since Hei has no powers and they know it.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:37   Link #99
orangejuicetang

Quote:
It's true that we don't know what caused Hei to turn into hobo Hei, but Yin not being significant to the plot? I think it's fairly clear that whatever happened to Yin at had at least some impact on Hei's change from season 1 to season 2. Yin was fairly significant in the season 1 plot, and although it's a bit ambiguous and early at the moment, seems to have influenced a bit of the season 2 plot. Hei's flashback, Mao's question, aren't just random fanservice scenes.

As for July, it's pretty obvious it has something to with Suou. Right when she awakens her powers, both the creepy twins (who seem to be dolls), and July mention something about "the end is beginning".

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:44   Link #100
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
It's true that we don't know what caused Hei to turn into hobo Hei, but Yin not being significant to the plot? I think it's fairly clear that whatever happened to Yin at had at least some impact on Hei's change from season 1 to season 2.
Obviously, she would have some sort of impact on Hei but that's just based on the consequences of whatever happened to them when they fled the agency. It's the things happened to Hei that changed him and not Yin in particular, although she's part of it.

Quote:
Yin was fairly significant in the season 1 plot, and although it's a bit ambiguous and early at the moment, seems to have influenced a bit of the season 2 plot.
I have never gotten that impression, to me she was more like a secondary character who supports Hei, having similar role to that of Huang.

Quote:
Hei's flashback, Mao's question, aren't just random fanservice scenes.
Yes, and I'm not quite sure what made you think that. I was merely implying the exaggerated importance of Yin in Darker Than Black.