AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 8 12.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 14.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 33.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-21, 10:09   Link #81
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Haruyuki has been an serious wimp this episode. Considering previous episodes, it feels like he got degraded all of sudden. Character consistency? What's that?
Old 2012-07-21, 10:19   Link #82
steven3242

haru attidute this episode is so bad even making shin asuka from GSD is more likeable

noumi character remind me of this ninja guy from .hack 1st anime but even he still has pride as ambusher/backstabber, noumi is pretty much a person who merely use the burst linker status to his own personal interest with no commitment into the game whatsoever, he just happen to be lucky to have that kind of avatar sigh.

iam so glad ash appear, he is the only "positive" character in this episode.

and just me or his voice really sound like momotaro from kamen rider den-o? every time he do thumbs up i was ready to hear "ore sanjou" from him

and his engrish is really fun to hear, giga suck lol tera suck wtf lol
Old 2012-07-21, 10:44   Link #83
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
It's nice that you went into some more detail, though reading this post honestly just leaves me more confused than before. I don't see why Haruyuki is self-entitled just because someone did something horrible to him and stole something important to him, and he's unhappy about it. I mean, if someone that was well-adjusted and had perfectly good self-esteem was bullied by someone, blackmailed, and stolen from, I'm sure they would be depressed also. And I don't see how Haru being suspicious of KYH means that he's in love with the pitiable martry role and doesn't want to give it up. The situation with KYH is suspicious because she's shown deep feelings from the very start, before Haru had even spoken to her much. Haru's suspicious sometimes because there doesn't seem to be much support for just why her feelings would be so deep. And in any case, I don't see how disbelieving someone's praise means that you're in love with being pitiable and tragic and want to cling to that role. Sometimes it's just simple disbelief, the end.

You seem to be jumping to a bunch of wild conclusions about Haru and extrapolating things at random. With Haru I see nothing but a goodhearted, brave kid that deserves a lot of praise and respect, even if he's insecure at times, that is going through a reasonable amount of human emotion over stressful circumstances. People like you (Or at least the way you're coming across in this one post) make me paranoid sometimes, honestly; those that give others undue blame and jump to a bunch of erratic conclusions about the way they think and feel. I'd rather not to have to worry about whether someone might think, if I accidentally oversleep one morning before school, that I think the school owes it to me to let me sleep however late I please, that I'm unappreciative of my education, that I'm a communist and a racist, that I hate my parents, and that I spend my spare time kicking puppies for fun.
I'm glad I make you paranoid. Frankly, I think you're just reading too much into the post and are too worried about what other people think. If they don't like it, fine. If you love it, fine. Remember, it's all opinion and no one is forced to agree with anything. No need to get worked up when people disagree with you.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:03   Link #84
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
wow. Noumi's power is way too OP. stealing other's special ability and it is last forever.

So in this episode we see why in the opening silver crow is riding the back of Ash's bike. Ash's parent is the other flying avatar that KYH mentioned. It looks like Haru is going to have to relearn how to fly. I'm guessing it going to take at least a couple episodes before he can actually fly again so Haru would probably have to still give points to Noumi before his revenge. Noumi's character really pisses me off. Can't wait until Haru defeats that kid and take back all his points.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:25   Link #85
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I'm glad I make you paranoid.

I probably do care too much, I just get tired of being in a world of unfair people sometimes. But oh well. Unless I hire you as my therapist I don't guess it really matters.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:09   Link #86
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven3242 View Post
noumi character remind me of this ninja guy from .hack 1st anime but even he still has pride as ambusher/backstabber, noumi is pretty much a person who merely use the burst linker status to his own personal interest with no commitment into the game whatsoever, he just happen to be lucky to have that kind of avatar sigh.
The PK known as Sora, right?
Spoiler for About Sora:

Here we have Noumi who takes the game seriously as he told Chiyuri, cheats in on fights trough BB when he was already talent gifted, enjoys others misfortune and takes advantage of it.
He has a tragic past? Maybe and maybe not.
The difference is Sora didn't made real harm outside the game while Noumi does.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:22   Link #87
molitar

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That fight was weird as hell. Couldn't he have just kept on punching the crap out of Noumi instead of needing to do a fancy finishing move?

And I'm just not convinced with how this whole blackmailing thing works. The school have already discovered a suspicious item and have put a notice throughout the school. Can't they just check the cameras to see who did it? Maybe Noumi hacked into them so to leave no trace but did he also hack into them to leave no trace of the footage of Haru going into the shower room? If he did then Haru has nothing to worry about. They can just check the cameras and since there's no trace they'd have to conclude that it's fake footage and Haru is being set up. If Noumi didn't then Haru would've been called up by the school already.
The Blackmail thing was so poorly done. Let's see would the school believe a single new freshman to school vs a student that has gone to the school for at least a year and not been a problem as well as the girl that was the victim? No the school would not take the word of a freshman. It was the poorest blackmail plot ever. Also how could he have gotten the video if he was not the culprit. This is like one of the poorly driven Hentai blackmail episodes.. Ugg.. horribly horribly done.

Maybe that is part of the reason I hated this episode so much it reminds me of them horrible H-Plot Blackmails where the girl would rather become a sex slave made to do worse things than have her picture released. Such a stupid overused plot and now used in an actual anime.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:26   Link #88
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven3242 View Post
haru attidute this episode is so bad even making shin asuka from GSD is more likeable

iam so glad ash appear, he is the only "positive" character in this episode.

and just me or his voice really sound like momotaro from kamen rider den-o? every time he do thumbs up i was ready to hear "ore sanjou" from him

and his engrish is really fun to hear, giga suck lol tera suck wtf lol
Lucky? No that is his HORRIBLE personality his darkest self made Avatar. He is a damn leech in RL so he's a leech in Burst Link. He needs to get tricked to the unlimited area where he can't run and has to fight. He would lose because he doesn't fight he won't have the skills to fight. He used a personal stage so he could cheat with the skeletons, he cheats with viruses, all he is is a big fat cheating leech. Even with wings he would be easily defeated in the unlimited field where he can't log off.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:31   Link #89
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Silver Crow's Wings not only represented Haru's confidence, but the ability to overcome his own trauma.

Keep in mind one of the requirements to become a Burst Linker is some form of emotional trauma, Haru's is quite apparent.

The Accelerated World is effectively populated by a bunch of emotionally damaged kids/teenagers, so it isn't suprising for huge mood changes to occur when something traumatic happens.

To all the posters who say "its just a game," I think you are ignoring the magnitude of the accel world to these kids. Keep in mind some of those Burst Linkers have spent literally years inside this game, and it has shaped their very persona. The game itself is a world within a world that allows them to escape/augment their reality.

For Haru, being Silver Crow was his way to escape the "shell" that is his body. Noumi effectively shattered his peace in the real world by blackmailing him and defeating him, then destroyed his confidence by robbing him of his strength in the Accel World, where his talent and unique abilities made him outstanding.

While Haru's response to this event was "wrong" it is far from badly written or nonsensical when you come from the point of view of a traumatized fat kid whose sole redeeming feature (in his own eyes) is based of the power he was gifted with in the Accel World. A power that was just taken from him by the worst kind of person possible.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:50   Link #90
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

This whole scenario reminds me of the second half of part 1 of Gurren Lagann. The MC has built himself up from humble beginnings only to have that be taken from him in horrible ways.

And, yeah, I'm seeing Simon in Haru, lashing out, making interoperate comments, the works.

That said, eps 8-10 of GL were what made 11 one of the best episodes of that series.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:52   Link #91
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I never would have though that a brash, flamboyant guy like Ash would actually have some good philosophy under that skull mask of his. Awesome!

Endless "Name's Ash. Housewares" Soul
Old 2012-07-21, 14:18   Link #92
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
This whole scenario reminds me of the second half of part 1 of Gurren Lagann. The MC has built himself up from humble beginnings only to have that be taken from him in horrible ways.

And, yeah, I'm seeing Simon in Haru, lashing out, making interoperate comments, the works.

That said, eps 8-10 of GL were what made 11 one of the best episodes of that series.
Thats exactly what I've been saying myself! Haru needs to be broken and beaten down to his lowest of lows before he can rise again. Granted I don't think it'll take as long as it did for Simon but it might done in the same fashion.
Old 2012-07-21, 15:00   Link #93
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Thats exactly what I've been saying myself! Haru needs to be broken and beaten down to his lowest of lows before he can rise again. Granted I don't think it'll take as long as it did for Simon but it might done in the same fashion.
Haru even has his own version of the 'drill that pierces the heavens' in the op
Old 2012-07-21, 15:12   Link #94
taichi-kun

haru is so pathetic.... chiyu isn't going to be abused in RL right? maybe I should ask a novel reader...

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2012-07-21 at 20:28.
Old 2012-07-21, 15:52   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I get what they're aiming for in this arc, but the execution is slightly off. I think they're overdoing it a bit with Haru.

Ash Roller basically saved this episode for me. He served very well as the stand-in for what your average viewer was probably thinking (i.e. "Haru, stop tera-sucking already!" ). I also had to laugh when Ash Roller gave Haru the finger. It made me think of pro wrestling.
Old 2012-07-21, 16:07   Link #96
Maxtro

Nomi xenosucks!
Old 2012-07-21, 18:34   Link #97
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That fight was weird as hell. Couldn't he have just kept on punching the crap out of Noumi instead of needing to do a fancy finishing move?
Doesn't really matter if he won. Noumi would just rechallenge and exert his blackmail stuff.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-07-21, 18:54   Link #98
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
My anger is not at his depression or even self-loathing but that he would betray his friends in the process which means he does not know what friends are. Guess we should of seen what a cretin he was when he knocked the food out of his supposed childhood friends hand that time. He doesn't deserve any friends as he shows here he betrays them at a drop of a pin.
Yet... you're okay with Taku?

Do remember that Haru immediately forgive Taku and refused to let him punish himself, and that he refused to turn against Niko despite her loyalty and general morality up to that point being dubious at best. It's one thing to be mad at Haru this episode, but please don't forget about all the good things he's done, or all the times he's shown real loyalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
He served very well as the stand-in for what your average viewer was probably thinking (i.e. "Haru, stop tera-sucking already!"
Everyone tera-sucks compared to Ash Roller. It's impossible not to love that guy.
Old 2012-07-21, 19:34   Link #99
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Everyone tera-sucks compared to Ash Roller. It's impossible not to love that guy.
Agreed! He's really cool, and it was great to see him return.

There's a few things I'll say in Haru's defense, even though I myself got slightly annoyed with him this episode.

When a guy has been ostracized for a long time, like I think Haru's been, they may find it impossible to believe their "good fortune" when all of a sudden a few people start being genuinely nice and friendly to them. This is amplified when the people acting this way to them are extremely popular... like KYH is.

Nomi brought Haru's Burst Link world crashing down, which in Haru's mind brings him back to Square One, which Haru knows well (Nomi is simply a more intellectual version of the purely physical bullies Haru has dealt with all his high school life). So as Haru thinks back on his time as a Burst Linker, that time once more seems "too good to be true". Haru thinks to himself, "This low point is where I belong. I was given a life greater than I deserve, and now I must put that life aside since it was always too good to be true anyway. Putting that life aside is the one way I can get back at this Nomi bully."

Now, is it logical for Haru to think this way? No, not really. But it makes some internal sense given what Haru has grown accustomed to in his life.

I hope that Haru will one day truly realize and accept that KYH really does love him, and that Taku really is his friend (in Taku's case, it makes some sense that lingering doubts over Taku's previous betrayal will remain for awhile).
Old 2012-07-21, 20:42   Link #100
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Piggy completely ruined the episode with his outright incompetence in that opening fight...Thank god Ash came in to save the whole sad mess.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Closed Thread