AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 10:14   Link #39521
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Leaving this fight scene preview here:

Spoiler for Fight:

How does it look?
Old 2013-01-16, 23:03   Link #39522
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Iron man? Not the movie. Anyway, not having links to cc is more or less what jak is doing. Each action your OC does impacts CC cast but not directly. Of course story flows might have them meet but think of it like durarara or that other story about immortals the same writer did.
I think you're refering to Baccano! And yes, my story does go along that line, for now that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Leaving this fight scene preview here:

Spoiler for Fight:

How does it look?
Looks to me like that Inami's "emotionally" driven in that fight. Did something happen to cause him to go like that?

That's if Inami's actually like that, of course.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:08   Link #39523
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

It's that kind of feeling you get when you're actually able to apply your training moves into real combat and it works, the satisfaction. He only behaves that way when he's up against unmanned units since he doesn't need to hold back.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:16   Link #39524
DarkJak2050

That makes sense. Now, I think I'll make the second story arc to Project Silverback, but not as a seperate story. More like a continuation from the first story arc.

The only problem is, I have another fanfic in mind. A crossover to be exact and it's not involved with Infinite Stratos.

If I were to make that story, then the second arc to Project Silverback won't be written, let alone posted for months.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:22   Link #39525
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

A dilemma right there, I see. If you'd like to do it anime-style, you can just let Silverback take a hiatus for a while and work on another fic... Sorta like the long null period before a second season per se.

It is up to you eventually. Though I'd recommend you jot down notes for the second arc and keep it somewhere in case you totally forgot about it while writing the other fanfic.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:26   Link #39526
DarkJak2050

Yeah, I might.

And for that last scene I posted, I've saved it as a Microsoft Word document. Most likely, it'll be in the second story arc.

I just did that for the hell of it and wanted some other's thoughts on it. Things like if the canon characters in character in that scene. But I got no response relating to that...
Old 2013-01-16, 23:41   Link #39527
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Not a decent judge for other characters, but Ichika does appear to come off as the curious type.

To the extent of actually stalking someone while at it, is what I'm unsure of.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:49   Link #39528
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

While Ichika comes as curious type, he also easily gave up, or accept unclear answer as it is.

Case in point: Madoka's identity.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:57   Link #39529
demino_hellsin
That one guy

was it ever stated in canon that electric weapons are banned?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:59   Link #39530
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Anything that will injure the pilot directly are considered banned IIRC.
Old 2013-01-17, 00:00   Link #39531
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Like what he said, that "Weapon that can harm the pilot directly" is banned, and even if Absolute Barrier prevent mortal injury from 'normal' weapon, it wasn't by any means perfect, so Cherry Tapping is seriously unethical.

Yukihira get a pass because until now no one use it to maim the enemy pilot.... YET.
Old 2013-01-17, 00:09   Link #39532
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What about the impact cannon? How did that thing get a pass? O.o

wondering what would happen if you have a permanently electrically charged metal and made it into a sword...

Charged particle blade that ionizes everything is balanced out by the fact it only cuts through everything that's low energy state. other charged particles like standard shield or absoltue defense treats it like a regular sword except with slightly higher shield attenuation. So I guess it can't really hurt an IS pilot, despite being extremely dangerous.
Old 2013-01-17, 00:17   Link #39533
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Impact cannon get a pass because at full power it WILL breach through normal shield like paper and take a good chunk of shield point.

Sure it will blast the surviving target to the ground, but either way the combat is much shorter, and Impact Cannon is unable to pierce Absolute Defense since it wasn't 'sharp' enough (being air cnanon and all)

Ling even told Ichika that it has low power setting (implying that she will torture him until he gave up or apologize)... THIS is what considered unethical.

That weapon will get a pass, actually. Since by default all plasma weapon (per volume 1) will corrode the shield, they're quite dangerous, but most of the time the Shield Energy is drained before Absolute Defense can breaks. (Golem I attack, VT system Rampage and Gospel assault are pure incidental, and even then, mortal injury still avoided)
Old 2013-01-17, 00:25   Link #39534
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the electric sword or the ionizing blade?

I can't really call the Ion blade a plasma weapon since plasma usually burns or melts the target. The sword literally consumes the material and releases it on a purely atomic scale. Kind of like a filter.
Old 2013-01-17, 00:48   Link #39535
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The collective fanon agrees about barrier reacting to the weapon's electrical and/or heat charge (plasma IS ionized particle). This is done to explain why ShenLong cannon is more powerful after it's diffused by microwave radiation, or the fact Gospel's weapon so OP that it BREAKS absolute defense.

But canon didn't specify that, only said that energy weapon do a better job, and that's about it.

EIDT: Either way, Ion sword will be solid blade with a quirk, and that's about it. Unless you channel Marvel or DC and made metal doing impossible stuff by nature, not engineering.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-01-17 at 01:05.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 01:23   Link #39536
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but by virtue the most damaging occurs from plasma by effect of heat. I'm just saying the ion blade is different by nature and thus nature of damage is different, that's why I can't call it an ion blade, cause ionizing blade is kind of awkward.

So the impact cannon gets a pass cause it's painful but quick?

so an electric blade will pass :-?

Yeah, all the swords I'm going to make for Aries will have metal with inherently unnatural properties. All of them are justified by flimsy "failed trials in making new IS armoring alloy"

EDIT: I use this excuse 'cuz they never really explored what IS were made of and I highly doubt it's stainless steel :jk:

And it's been ten years. Makes you think if no one ever thought of innovating the solid state armors.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-01-17 at 01:35.
Old 2013-01-17, 01:46   Link #39537
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
So the impact cannon gets a pass cause it's painful but quick?
Yes

Quote:
so an electric blade will pass :-?
As long as it's unable to pierce Absolute defense, big yes.

Quote:
And it's been ten years. Makes you think if no one ever thought of innovating the solid state armors.
I though they simply choose gundam route for that, less armor = faster. Besides, I.S. frame getting larger overtime (compare Blue Tears and Silent Zephyr).

There's also canonically heavy armor I.S., Such as Schwarzer Regen PzK (Panzer Kannonen), Golem III, and to much lesser extend, Silver Gospel. Two out of three are glacier type, and the last one might be agile, but the armor so to speak (in novel) only cover the arm, part of torso, and the leg.

-------------------------

I wonder if it's possible for a blade to be capable of 'switching' between solid and plasma/beam edge.

I plan this because Yukihira and Setsura got corrupted during Ichika's dimension jump, and he had to rebuild it from the junk leftover data.
Old 2013-01-17, 01:49   Link #39538
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My oscillinium does that. Kind of inspired from that gas you said your Ichika invented. It's a highly excitable molecular structure. A tiny current and the molecules go ballistic making the metal practically plasma already. Under normal circumstances it's just a permanently vibrating metal. This made it non-ideal for armor but interesting as a non-energy consuming vibro-blade.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:11   Link #39539
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I guess I'll just choose gundam route then.

The blade mainly made from two material, ultra-solid metal and high temperature electromagnet. there's of course components like superconductive wiring and plasma vent, but they're forming small fraction of the blade's overall mass.

The electromagnet is there to keep the plasma from melting the blade or wasted out, while the superdense metal provides much of the blade's durability and mass. So the metal edge so to speak is somewhat dull, since it's actually tightly-packed electromagnet.
Old 2013-01-17, 03:26   Link #39540
DarkJak2050

Got a new crossover.

The Changes of Survival (Crossover with Fate/Stay Night)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest