AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-14, 10:07   Link #3381
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

It's hilarious how quickly and emphatically the Bills dropped off the radar. "Same old Bills" indeed. I don't even expect them to beat Miami at this rate.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 10:36   Link #3382
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It's hilarious how quickly and emphatically the Bills dropped off the radar. "Same old Bills" indeed. I don't even expect them to beat Miami at this rate.
The thing with them is I knew they'd have problems in a few games because of thier lackluster defense, but I thought thier offense would stay consistent enough to pull off enough victories to stay ahead in the race. Dissapointing to see now even thier offense is buried in the dirt.

As for my Eagles it is just sad to see so much talent doing absolutely nothing. This coaching staff needs to be overhauled as they apparently can't figure out how to use the tools they have.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 11:26   Link #3383
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
With the rest of our schedule with realitively easy contests (except for Baltimore and Pittsburgh) it would be nice if the Packers managed to slip up or something and lost at least a couple of games so the 49ers have a chance of getting a first round bye in the playoffs. I don't think that is going to happen though. I think the Packers are going 15-1, and the 49ers 13-3, maybe 12-4.
I think that Baltimore is a very beatable team, as is the rest of the NFC West. The only real challenge left is Pittsburgh, and they're old and their defense isn't up to their past standards, so I consider 14-2 and even 15-1 to be extremely likely. BTW, who do think The Packers are going to lose to?
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 16:30   Link #3384
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I think that Baltimore is a very beatable team, as is the rest of the NFC West. The only real challenge left is Pittsburgh, and they're old and their defense isn't up to their past standards, so I consider 14-2 and even 15-1 to be extremely likely. BTW, who do think The Packers are going to lose to?
Well looking at the rest of their schedule I'd say that the Giants might have the best shot. Even though they got blown out by them last season if I remember correctly, they play them at home this year and the Giants are a much better team than they were last season. At least at this point in the season. After that I'd say maybe the Bears or Detroit as they have to play the Bears once more and Detroit twice. Maybe a fluke happens and they lose to the Buccaneers or something. That defense for the Packers doesn't seem as good as it was last season and is allowing a lot of points and yards through the air. Clay Matthews isn't as dominant as last year either. For them to stay perfect Aaron Rodgers might have to keep winning shootouts and I don't see that happening. Rodgers will have an off day soon and the rest of the team will have to step up.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 16:36   Link #3385
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Same goes with the Lions. Looks like both of these teams -- after winning games with "miracle comebacks" are out of miracles.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 16:39   Link #3386
Samari
World's Greatest

By the way DeSean Jackson apparently didn't play yesterday because he kept being late to team meetings? That's ridiculous. At least show up to work and do what you are supposed to do and try your best. That's what I always loved about Jerry Rice. He had an obsessive nature about his craft. Just seems like there are a lot more prima donnas than there used to be in the 90's. Give me back guys like Rod Smith, Issac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, etc.

Oh and the Texans might be a serious contender for the Super Bowl. They could even get a first round bye when it's all said and done.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-11-14, 16:56   Link #3387
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
By the way DeSean Jackson apparently didn't play yesterday because he kept being late to team meetings? That's ridiculous. At least show up to work and do what you are supposed to do and try your best. That's what I always loved about Jerry Rice. He had an obsessive nature about his craft. Just seems like there are a lot more prima donnas than there used to be in the 90's. Give me back guys like Rod Smith, Issac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, etc.
Apparently, he overslept a special teams meeting.

Quote:
Oh and the Texans might be a serious contender for the Super Bowl. They could even get a first round bye when it's all said and done.
Yeah, they've quietly snuck up to the top spot in the AFC, with close losses only to the Saints, Ravens, and an emotional Raiders team. Even though they have a bye, Kubiak says Leinart is going to be starting week 12. I wonder how that's going to turn out.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 17:09   Link #3388
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Holy crap, a sudden influx of QB injuries.

-Matt Schaub will miss 'several' weeks due to a fractured foot. Matt Leinart will get another shot.
-Matt Cassel is likely out for the season with a broken throwing hand, Tyler Palko will start in the meantime.
-Michael Vick broke two ribs again, on the second play of the game.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 17:43   Link #3389
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:

This mini-TO'ing is exactly the reason he got dropped to the 2nd round instead of the 1st in the draft.

His punk attitude is quite glaring at the moment and at some point, someone's going to have to tell him "we can't pay you like Larry Fitzgerald because we're not sure how much maintenance and attention you're going to need". Not to mention, he's a freaking midget by NFL standards and already got his bell rung a couple of times.

He's nowhere near in the same league as TO or Randy Moss were in their prime.
Old 2011-11-14, 18:01   Link #3390
Kogasa

Send a message via MSN to Kogasa
Well, I believe that the Texans can win the rest of the games without Matt Schaub. They don't need a huge passing game to carry them through the games, considering Schaub only passed around 200 yards to win the game almost every time, and when he did pass around 400~ yards, he lost to the Saints and the Ravens. Plus rest of their schedule looks easy except possibly the Bengals. So Texans fans don't have to worry too much about losing their playoff chances.

Quote:

Kept? As I recall in a couple of articles, they stated he only missed one team meeting because he 'overslept' which wasn't the case. He was just whining about his contract throughout his interview mostly with his awful attitude which kinda implies that he skipped the meeting because he's arrogant and has no passion for football, just the passion for money. -_-
Kogasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:26   Link #3391
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogasa View Post
Well, I believe that the Texans can win the rest of the games without Matt Schaub. They don't need a huge passing game to carry them through the games, considering Schaub only passed around 200 yards to win the game almost every time, and when he did pass around 400~ yards, he lost to the Saints and the Ravens. Plus rest of their schedule looks easy except possibly the Bengals. So Texans fans don't have to worry too much about losing their playoff chances.
Then the problem would be... performance in the playoffs once they get there. While it can be possible to survive a regular season generally 1-dimensional... into the playoffs... that won't be the case.
Old 2011-11-14, 18:53   Link #3392
Kogasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Then the problem would be... performance in the playoffs once they get there. While it can be possible to survive a regular season generally 1-dimensional... into the playoffs... that won't be the case.
Wouldn't they get Matt Schaub back? I thought it would be enough time for him to recover because it sounds like the injury is going to be there for "several" weeks? So he'd be back before the playoffs.

I still think the Texans is a top contender to go to the super bowl with Matt Schaub.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:17   Link #3393
Kyuu
=^^=

Well... from Monday Night Countdown... Schaub is out for the rest of the season. Now, we'll see if Leinhart managed to have learned anything while on the bench for a while.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:26   Link #3394
Kogasa

lol Big 10 removed Paterno's name from the championship trophy...

Quote:
Well... from Monday Night Countdown... Schaub is out for the rest of the season. Now, we'll see if Leinhart managed to have learned anything while on the bench for a while.
Ah, alright. I just flipped it to Monday Night Countdown. That sucks. =/
Old 2011-11-14, 20:41   Link #3395
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogasa View Post

Kept? As I recall in a couple of articles, they stated he only missed one team meeting because he 'overslept' which wasn't the case. He was just whining about his contract throughout his interview mostly with his awful attitude which kinda implies that he skipped the meeting because he's arrogant and has no passion for football, just the passion for money. -_-
I remember this is exactly why he was drafted in the second round instead of the first. Crazy talented player, but a bit undersized, and most importantly, attitude concerns.

Seems the attitude concerns were quite justified.

What does it take to get a deep threat without the diva attitude?
Old 2011-11-14, 20:58   Link #3396
Kogasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I remember this is exactly why he was drafted in the second round instead of the first. Crazy talented player, but a bit undersized, and most importantly, attitude concerns.

Seems the attitude concerns were quite justified.

2 words.

Larry Fitzgerald.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:56   Link #3397
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Ask Jerry Rice. Or any other quiet wide-out, like Marvin Harrison.
Old 2011-11-14, 23:49   Link #3398
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

49ers were brilliant against the Giants. Wasn't like New York were under-par - hell, they almost pulled off the comeback. But SF now have a passing game operating as well as the run - they're a legit threat and then some now.

Even if New Orleans were a bit shaky against Atlanta, they won. Which is all that matters. Atlanta made Matt Ryan throw way too much, plus Mike Smith going for his first 4th down go for it play for the year at such a critical time and field position?! It's stuff like that which will make Atlanta never be true contenders.

Dameshek boldly claimed Baltimore would get burned by Seattle and he was right. How they hell did Baltimore fumble it so much...as much as Seattle's offense is loaded with basket cases, you have to admire their special team unit. Lynch will be a good player.

Was utterly disgusted by the Jets. How in the hell could they be SO BAD against the last options of the Patriots defense which was ranked alst in the league?! And their own defense in the 2nd half was a joke.

Wow, Stafford, you're a real graceful loser - NOT. You're even worse than Schwartz. You get your butt handed to you by Chicago and then start a full-on brawl? What a prick. So glad Chicago showed you up.

Buffalo are learning. They need defense. Even if their offense goes to town, it'll be hard for them to beat the top teams when they leak so many points to mid-tier teams like Dallas. Dallas might be a threat next season.
Old 2011-11-15, 04:39   Link #3399
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Well looking at the rest of their schedule I'd say that the Giants might have the best shot. Even though they got blown out by them last season if I remember correctly, they play them at home this year and the Giants are a much better team than they were last season. At least at this point in the season. After that I'd say maybe the Bears or Detroit as they have to play the Bears once more and Detroit twice. Maybe a fluke happens and they lose to the Buccaneers or something. That defense for the Packers doesn't seem as good as it was last season and is allowing a lot of points and yards through the air. Clay Matthews isn't as dominant as last year either. For them to stay perfect Aaron Rodgers might have to keep winning shootouts and I don't see that happening. Rodgers will have an off day soon and the rest of the team will have to step up.
The Giants are overrated, I'll explain this in a different part of the post.

Quote:
Same goes with the Lions. Looks like both of these teams -- after winning games with "miracle comebacks" are out of miracles.
I wouldn't count The Lions out yet, The Bills however are next years contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
49ers were brilliant against the Giants. Wasn't like New York were under-par - hell, they almost pulled off the comeback. But SF now have a passing game operating as well as the run - they're a legit threat and then some now.
I was expecting the pasings game to show up eventually, but not quite this soon. and the Giants are overrated, as four of their wins came off of teams with losing records and the remaining two came a Buffalo team and a Patriots team that have yet to figure out how badly they want to get into the playoffs. Expect the Giants to start an epic collapse.

Quote:
Even if New Orleans were a bit shaky against Atlanta, they won. Which is all that matters. Atlanta made Matt Ryan throw way too much, plus Mike Smith going for his first 4th down go for it play for the year at such a critical time and field position?! It's stuff like that which will make Atlanta never be true contenders.
Atlanta will probably get in on a wild card…

Quote:
Dameshek boldly claimed Baltimore would get burned by Seattle and he was right. How they hell did Baltimore fumble it so much...as much as Seattle's offense is loaded with basket cases, you have to admire their special team unit. Lynch will be a good player.
The Seahawks play spoiler, as it's the only thing they do well.

Quote:
Was utterly disgusted by the Jets. How in the hell could they be SO BAD against the last options of the Patriots defense which was ranked alst in the league?! And their own defense in the 2nd half was a joke.
Never a dull moment this year in the NFL…

Quote:
Wow, Stafford, you're a real graceful loser - NOT. You're even worse than Schwartz. You get your butt handed to you by Chicago and then start a full-on brawl? What a prick. So glad Chicago showed you up.
I've never really liked the Bears.

Quote:
Buffalo are learning. They need defense. Even if their offense goes to town, it'll be hard for them to beat the top teams when they leak so many points to mid-tier teams like Dallas. Dallas might be a threat next season.
Dallas will be a threat this season, as they're going to end up being the last man standing in the NFC East. Where they'll after this I don't know.

With Week 10 over, lets see how I did again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Oakland at San Diego, Winner: Oakland. Justification: I mean sure, Carson Palmer's thrown three interceptions each against The Chiefs and Broncos, but Phillip Rivers also threw three interceptions against Green Bay last week. What really seals this for The Raiders is that The Chargers have yet to beat a team with a record of .500 or better, and the last time I checked, The Raiders still have a record of .500. Also, expect The Raiders to fake punt during the game.
Right on all parts. (Including the fake punt.)

Quote:
New Orleans at Atlanta, Winner: Tossup. This game will interesting to see, even if I've got no clue how it will turn out.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Quote:
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: The Bengals have shown themselves to be real, and The Steelers haven't been the team that's been to three Super Bowl's in the last six years this years, they still manage to baffle me though.
I swear I hate The Steelers…

Quote:
St. Louis at Cleveland, Winner: St. Louis. Justification: The Browns are in a free fall, and The Rams hope to do their part in stymying The Niners hopes of clinching in week 11.
Dear San Francisco 49ers,

FUCK YOU.

Sincerely, The St. Louis Rams.

Quote:
Buffalo at Dallas, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: I think Choko will be hitting the Supercrack a little too hard to play effectively, and The Bills haven't hit their despair spot yet. Also, expect Choko to throw at least three interceptions, and lastly, rumors have abounded that the Dallas O-Line has taken up S&M role-play.
Whatever I say about The Steelers applies double to The Cowboys…

Quote:
Jacksonville at Indianapolis, Winner: Jacksonville. Justification: The Colts have come to really like being Draft Whores, I don't expect them to sully their reputation against The Jags.
So, do The Colts still want Luck that bad now that he's damaged goods?

Quote:
Denver at Kansas City, Winner: Denver. Justification: In another eeeh performance, Tebow will pull a win off The Chiefs, continuing "The Strange Saga Of Tim Tebow" and making the AFC West even more maddening.
And "The Strange Saga of Tim Tebow" goes on, frustrating all sane football fans to no end.

Quote:
Washington at Miami, Winner: Miami. Justification: Since The Deadfish have decided they don't want to be Draft Whores anymore, They'll suck a little less than they usually do.
Yep.

Quote:
Arizona at Philadelphia, Winner: Philadelphia. Justification: This is a must win game for The Eagles, so they should pull out all of the stops and make sure to spill plenty of blood before the game, and to riot with extra vigor to make sure Khorne performs at his best.
There's really no hope for this team… Meanwhile:

FUCK YOU.

Sincerely, The Arizona Cardinals.

Quote:
Houston at Tampa Bay, Winner: Houston. Justification: Bye Bye Tampa Bay playoff hopes.
Bye Bye indeed…

Quote:
Tennessee at Carolina, Winner: Carolina: Justification: Hello future Super Bowl winning team.
Damnit Tennessee! Fade into mediocracy like your supposed to!

Quote:
Baltimore at Seattle, Winner: Seattle. Justification: Seattle plays spoiler on the bad Ravens offense while screwing over San Francisco's attempts to clinch the division early.

SUPER FUCK YOU.

Sincerely, The Seattle Seahawks.

Quote:
Detroit at Chicago, Winner: Detroit. Justification: The Bears still suck, and The Lions have some dignity to take back.
Facepalm.

Quote:
New York (Giants) at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. The Giants are bad against the run, and The Niners psychological games will wreak havoc on the Giants offense.

FUCK YEAH

Sincerely, The Most Awesome Team To Ever Exist, The San Francisco 49ers.

Quote:
New England at New York (Jets), Winner: New York (Jets). The Patriots are in free-fall, and The Jets are sneaking up the middle.
FUCK YOU TOM BRADY

Quote:
Minnesota at Green Bay, Winner: Green Bay. Justification: As a gesture of sympathy toward the Vikings, I will acknowledge them The Minnesota Vikings for this one game, their last against their traditional rivals (The Green Bay Packers) as The Minnesota Vikings, but after that I'm going back to calling them The Los Angeles Dons.
And the last game The Minnesota Vikings will play in Wisconsin in their current incarnation (Incidentally The Packers managed to hold The Vikings to one touchdown in their first game at Lambeau Field, so things have ended as they began.)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 05:14   Link #3400
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Apparently, he overslept a special teams meeting.
Yeah, but he was also told to stay home. It's something more than just missing one special teams meeting. It's probably a cumulative series of events that finally let to Andy Reid and the coaching staff having enough.

Quote:
He's nowhere near in the same league as TO or Randy Moss were in their prime.
Who the hell was making that comparison?

Quote:
Wow this always happens. It's almost like that Texans franchise is cursed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans snatch the division crown from them. I though Schaub was over the injury bug that screwed him over a few years back, but when it's crunch time he gets hurt yet again. Unbelievable.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
american football, sports