AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-03, 14:46   Link #121
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Am I the only one thinking that we don't need so many panels of Clare, Helen and Deneve screaming each other's names?

I agree more with Zato's opinion. Beth has lost control and Alicia is basically killing anything that gets in her way while still going for Riful who was her main target.
Old 2009-09-03, 14:49   Link #122
Ryuken
Claymore #01

And I think it has made her more berserk and wild. We all know what happened to Lucia when Rafa lost control.
Old 2009-09-03, 14:58   Link #123
Newhope

I don't think she has gone wild she targeted just the AFs, if the the AF's where just on one side of Riful and killed just those then stopped then yes it was a rampage, yet it didn't happen like that Riful was surrounded by the AF's on all sides yet Alicia killed the AF's without touching Riful if it was a random rampage she's have gone straight though Riful to get at the other AF's.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:09   Link #124
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

That's a very dire situation. Alicia becoming the new Abyssal!? Dunno about that. She seems to be going out of control but the recent events had a focus on the main land, I don't see how bringing a new abyssal would help. The Abyssals have outlived their role in Claymore IMO. Riful must die so does Alicia. Also, I don't see how the Org might have not taken a situation like this into account. They don't want Luciella/Rafaela's history repeated.

On the other hand, I don't see how the trio would survive this battle against the Kats. I think the cats are being used as a plot device to remind us of something we'd forgotten. Priscilla. She will come and obliterate Riful and Alicia and save Clare along the way because Raki wants it. This will create more emotional conflict for Clare in her vengeance plan.
Really, I don't see anyone saving their butts besides Priscilla.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:10   Link #125
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Jonova, Cyclone, try to cool it. The issue is released for crying out loud, let's just enjoy it.

If TSS really is shutting down, the whole arguement is mute anyway.

Quote:
I don't think I've joined Raki 'R' Us, yet.
Pff, deny it all you want, I know you're slowlying seeing things our way,

Quote:
That was not having a period. A girl of that age can't possibly have a period. If she was that old, then Dauf wouldn't be interested in her.
That was her taking a piss. She has a terminal disease.
Don't mind him everyone. He's just ranting because he can't celebrate this month

Quote:
My most interest is still the same. Clare looked like she understood these monster really well which was strange considering that she met them for the first time. I suppose this should relate with Rafaella's memory. My question is that where did Rafaella gain knowledge about these things? How did she know that this incident would happen after she awakened?
Rafaela is very old; we have no idea what she's been doing, whether before or after she met Rubel and joined the Organization. Their is a very large grey area in what we know about her, so it makes sense that she could have easily done various investigations on the Org's plans.

Quote:
"Two girls and a cup" Now, that's awesome stuff.
Their is a little to how much you should gross other people out 0_0

Quote:
Do you really think Alicia was saving Riful? She just doesn't want the AFs attacking her prey
I agree. I don't agree with all this Alicia/Riful alliance that people are thinking. Alicia is fully awakening now, she just can't seperate friend from foe.

Quote:
Just because they don't have any personality(that we've seen)doesn't automatically mean there stupid.
Logically and battle-wise, no, but stupid in the sense that they aren't very interesting? yes

Quote:
Really, I don't see anyone saving their butts besides Priscilla.
Which makes me wonder if next chapter will show what happened to them. Now that we know the size and strength of these things, will Priscilla fight to protect Raki? or either one of them take the other and run for safety? It's hard to say, but I don't think Raki will try to put Priscilla in a situation where she has to use too much of her power. Hard as it may be, he's more likely to take her and run.

Quote:
Alicia becoming the new Abyssal!?
Doubt it; their's something else that's going to happen because the same basic thing happened already with Luciella.

Something is going to happen with Alicia, but running off and becoming a new Abyssal is the last thing I expect to see.

Here's hoping that we get an actual name for these things. One day and I'm already sick of Cats, kittens, etc.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:12   Link #126
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

wow i can see claymore ending like this
Old 2009-09-03, 15:23   Link #127
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
In previous chapter, we saw that Alicia's movement was slower when Beth couldn't concentrate on her Soul-Link. So it was obvious that when Beth was injured. She decided that she should stop and revert her sister before it was too late. I think Alicia's half human-awakened face was a proof that Beth was trying to revert Alicia. IMO
I want to add more of my opinion on this. I think when Beth was heavily injured. It would greatly impact Alicia's movement. Riful used this chance to escape. At her current state, Beth realized that she couldn't concentrate and control Alicia anymore. So she tried to revert her sister back.

I don't want to defend about the dress though. Because I believed that it was a mistake in Yagi-sensei part. Who knows? He may fix it in next volume like he used to do.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:30   Link #128
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I want to add more of my opinion on this. I think when Beth was heavily injured. It would greatly impact Alicia's movement. Riful used this chance to escape. At her current state, Beth realized that she couldn't concentrate and control Alicia anymore. So she tried to revert her sister back.

I don't want to defend about the dress though. Because I believed that it was a mistake in Yagi-sensei part. Who knows? He may fix it in next volume like he used to do.
It is kind of silly

Isn't it a weird time to be worrying about clothes when you're busy running for your life? I don't know about you, but if I was being chased by zombies, I wouldn't care if I was naked

I believe that if Riful wanted to kill Alicia, now's her best chance.

Quote:
Since chapter 86, Deneve has been working her way up my Favorite Characters list.
Tell me about it . She impresses me more and more

Quote:
I am sure that Riful will eventually die once she serves no purpose to the story. But like I've been saying for quite a while now, the only way that Riful would have a purpose to the story was if she gained the child she wanted.
I honestly thought she was going to die, because she furfilled her purpose, she helped create Raciella. That's a legacy right there.

I still think she has a fairly good chance of dying soon, but slowly, those odds are going to decrease. It really depends on what exactly both Riful and Alicia do next chapter.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:31   Link #129
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Jonova, Cyclone, try to cool it. The issue is released for crying out loud, let's just enjoy it.
The issue is not released. The Chinese scan is released, not the raw. There's a big difference.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:32   Link #130
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
It is kind of silly

Isn't it a weird time to be worrying about clothes when you're busy running for your life? I don't know about you, but if I was being chased by zombies, I wouldn't care if I was naked

I believe that if Riful wanted to kill Alicia, now's her best chance.
It's bullsh*t. That's what it is.

Last chapter she was getting her ass kicked and now, she can revert to human form, find clothes for her, find clothes for Dauf, dress herself, dress Dauf who can't move, grab him and run. And Alicia or the AFs don't kill her while she doing this.

Yagi-san doesn't even know how to keep her alive anymore.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:35   Link #131
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Oh shit
Just read the Chinese raws.. wonder if Alica will joint Ritful ..be like a Priscilla Ishely relationship
Old 2009-09-03, 15:37   Link #132
servidor

Please be aware that Claymore, as dark as it is, is a shonen publication, and there are things that cannot be published in a magazine aimed to teenage boys.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:38   Link #133
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
The issue is not released. The Chinese scan is released, not the raw. There's a big difference.
I wrote that without thinking. Basically, the chapter itself is out for everyone to see online.

Quote:
It's bullsh*t. That's what it is.

Last chapter she was getting her ass kicked and now, she can revert to human form, find clothes for her, find clothes for Dauf, dress herself, dress Dauf who can't move, grab him and run. And Alicia or the AFs don't kill her while she doing this.

Yagi-san doesn't even know how to keep her alive anymore.
Other then the absurdity of clothes back on, what's bull about it?

I admit, it was surprising seeing her with both her arms back after losing them, but the fact is, she was at full power before all this started and can regenerate herself more then Isley did during his final battle.

Still, bias aside, I can understand what you're saying. I thought Riful would be crippled after getting hit by someone of Raciella's magnitude. I'm more annoyed however that this chapter doesn't reveal where Alicia went last chapter; did she continue fighting Riful in her last panal, or did she go after Raciella? I thought it was the latter, but this issue offers no proof either way(though I guess the fact she let Riful escape is proof enough, small as it is).

Quote:
Please be aware that Claymore, as dark as it is, is a shonen publication, and there are things that cannot be published in a magazine aimed to teenagers boys.
Like what? what are you referring too?

Because if this is about nudity, we've already seen plenty
Old 2009-09-03, 15:40   Link #134
Vinak
Procrastinator

you guys are taking the whole clothes issue a little too seriously, quite frankly, it is rather annoying.

as for Alicia and Beth, I imagine their personality would closely resemble Miata if you were speak to them naturally. (opposed to simply giving them orders, or having them give a report to the org)

I actually don't think Beth will die either. Alicia will more than likely be in her human form by next chapter as well.

You guys seem to have taken your fandom of certain characters to an extreme. you seem to have lost sight of the fact that taking out more characters at this point would make the manga feel rushed and ultimately detract from the story.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:41   Link #135
servidor

Quote:
Like what? what are you referring too?

Because if this is about nudity, we've already seen plenty
Front nudity from a middle age man. Also Claymore is sold to others countries that might not take nudity as natural as Japanese people, and redrawing panels for internationals customers takes time.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:41   Link #136
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Other then the absurdity of clothes back on, what's bull about it?

I admit, it was surprising seeing her with both her arms back after losing them, but the fact is, she was at full power before all this started and can regenerate herself more then Isley did during his final battle.

Still, bias aside, I can understand what you're saying. I thought Riful would be crippled after getting hit by someone of Raciella's magnitude. I'm more annoyed however that this chapter doesn't reveal where Alicia went last chapter; did she continue fighting Riful in her last panal, or did she go after Raciella? I thought it was the latter, but this issue offers no proof either way(though I guess the fact she let Riful escape is proof enough, small as it is).
It would have been better if Riful had taken advantage of Beth's wounds to attack Alicia. But this just doesn't make sense. She did all of that while surrounded by enemies.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:43   Link #137
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
Please be aware that Claymore, as dark as it is, is a shonen publication, and there are things that cannot be published in a magazine aimed to teenage boys.
That's what I think too. Even though it already has many nudity before but it may have issues to draw full frontal naked kid body. Loli is a kind of forbidden topic in Japan's law.

Note: I realize that Riful isn't a kid anymore but her body still like a kid though.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:47   Link #138
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
you guys are taking the whole clothes issue a little too seriously, quite frankly, it is rather annoying.
XD, it's noticeable. If it's not explained, of course we're going to ask about it

Quote:
as for Alicia and Beth, I imagine their personality would closely resemble Miata if you were speak to them naturally. (opposed to simply giving them orders, or having them give a report to the org)
I don't think they'll be like this immidiately...but yes, I think so too. The Organization to Alicia/Beth is like Clarice to Miata. Without Mama, or rather, without them to guide them and tell them what to do, they are like a lost child.

Quote:
You guys seem to have taken your fandom of certain characters to an extreme. you seem to have lost sight of the fact that taking out more characters at this point would make the manga feel rushed and ultimately detract from the story.
I wouldn't call it fandom as much as the general impression IS that the manga is ending soon. Maybe it's not intentional, but ever since Isley died, I got the feeling the story is accelerating. The AE's, Raciella, the big fight between Alica and Riful....maybe what I'm supposed to be feeling is that we are entering the next stage of the manga and no longer necessary characters are being killed, but so many big things are happening at once, It's hard not to feel this way.

Quote:
Front nudity from a middle age man.
As opposed to back nudity? Because he has no problem showing his naked butt to everyone

Quote:
That's what I think too. Even though it already has many nudity before but it may have issues to draw full frontal naked kid body. Loli is a kind of forbidden topic in Japan's law.
We've already seen her nipples....

Quote:
It would have been better if Riful had taken advantage of Beth's wounds to attack Alicia. But this just doesn't make sense. She did all of that while surrounded by enemies.
Just goes to show that maybe she doesn't have the strength anymore to risk fighting someone as dangerous as Alicia, Beth or no.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:54   Link #139
zato_1one

For those who think that Riful should attack Alicia. I want to remind you that Riful got heavy wounds from previous chapter. And she had to regenerate them quickly. This might lead her to the same state as Luciela. She used too much Yoki and she couldn't retain her full awakened form anymore. She couldn't regenerate her arm in this chapter was also a proof that her Yoki was nearly depleted.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:56   Link #140
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
We've already seen her nipples....

She doesn't have anything else to show. She's like a brick wall.