Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-21, 21:02   Link #181
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

From Ninja Theory

Quote:
DmC Announced at Tokyo Game Show
The next instalment of the multi-million selling Devil May Cry™ franchise, DmC sees Capcom collaborating with UK based Ninja Theory to explore new frontiers for the series. DmC is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3.

From its debut on PlayStation 2 in 2001, the Devil May Cry series has been synonymous with stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist. This ‘Devil May Cry DNA’ remains but is now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise. Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC will depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmCwill retain the series’ signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game’s devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment. A true collaboration, DmCsees the team at Ninja Theory joined by key staff from Capcom’s R&D division. Creative direction for the title will be undertaken by Ninja Theory’s Tameem Antoniades and overseen by Hedeaki Itsuno, who has worked on all previous titles in the series. DmC is being co-produced by Capcom’s Japanese and North American development operations.
Darker more brutal gameplay....let us see.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:14   Link #182
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

For me its not that i think itll suck cause it looks promising but id just like it being a new character or something
Old 2010-09-21, 22:44   Link #183
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

LOL

New Dante
Old 2010-09-22, 00:12   Link #184
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I guess sooner or later we're just going to have to accept the fact that this is the new face of capcom. If that's the case... what the hell... might as well have something than nothing at all. At the very least let the the die hard fans have the classic dante be unlockable in the new installment or something... I'm just saying.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 02:28   Link #185
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://kotaku.com/5644446/shirtless-...hat-almost-was

Some news.

Quote:
"We said, 'No, no, we want you to risk making us angry," lead DmC producer Alex Jones said in a recent interview with Kotaku. "We want it way out there and then we will walk the design back."
That's a mouth full.... >_> lame

Another interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...vil-may/704979

Dante speaks! X__X

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-09-22 at 03:07.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 03:45   Link #186
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ As much as I don't like the new Dante design, they keep saying that there is a reason behind it, and you can actually spot some whiteness in his hair. Since this is suppose to be the origin story, we can probably expect him to return to the normal Dante by the end of the game (or at least close to the normal Dante).

I'm not sure if Ninja Theory can pull this off but I really hope they do, I'm really looking forward to Enslaved and if that game wins my heart then I would wish for their success every night.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 03:50   Link #187
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam also not sure they can pull it off.
It's hard to do it with so many fans raging.
Also they said that they expected it.

So this is basically a reboot story on how young Dante wanted to get his hair white. LAME!
Old 2010-09-22, 03:59   Link #188
kiak666

Perhaps the story for this game is how Dante came to become a demon hunter and how he started the shop named Devil May Cry?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 04:21   Link #189
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's a reboot. Everything is from 0 and scratch.

More news

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3181535

They also said they purposely made Dante that way for fan rage, which they said in the gameplay he'll regain his white hair. Origin of the white hair jeez.......

Here's a quote from another forumer on Capcom
Quote:
they purposely made him this way so we get pissed off then they will change him back so we can lick their boots for forgivness by spending all our money o this game
True.
Old 2010-09-22, 06:12   Link #190
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, to me it's a little bit of both: more of a reimagining but also an origin story.

Kotaku's interview with the DMC producer from Ninja Theory explains it a bit some more.

Spoiler:

The guy compares it to Batman Begins.

It's also worth noting that Capcom approached Ninja Theory for this, since they wanted a 'westernized' DMC. I hate it when the market dictates trends like this, even though it's perfectly understandeable.

Lost Planet, Dead Rising... these are games that were made to be what they are from the ground up for their specific audience, while DMC is being redone to suit a different, and perhaps, a wider market. With their waning influence in the industry, Japanese devs like Capcom are trying to be 'western' to appeal to a bigger market, but doing so in such a blatant manner.

Now, in Ninja Theory's DMC, I wonder how Vergil is involved in all of this. The guy has white hair too... or does he even exist in this new retelling? I mean we already know part of the story, right? Two half-demon twin brothers, one who wants to be like his demon dad, while the other cherishes his mom and his human side. Kind of Freudian with the setup, but it goes on from there.

source

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-09-22 at 06:27.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 06:20   Link #191
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
its funny, I see more "omg new dante <3" than "eww new dante DX" pictures. like this one http://andrahilde.deviantart.com/art...me+dante&qo=66

and then there these -_- http://belus.deviantart.com/art/DmC-...ime+dante&qo=1
Twilight fangirls like the new Dante, I AM SHOCKED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Bad god of war clone confirmed.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 06:46   Link #192
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
A new interview with some developers is up.
Old 2010-09-22, 07:13   Link #193
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Perhaps the story for this game is how Dante came to become a demon hunter and how he started the shop named Devil May Cry?
They already did that.

It was called Devil May Cry 3.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 07:57   Link #194
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
They already did that.

It was called Devil May Cry 3.
The thing is, DMC3 only explains the origins of the shop's name. They never really explain how Dante manages to set up the shop in the first place.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 08:15   Link #195
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*scratches head* Not really encouraging when the trailer doesn't come anywhere near the stuff we've seen in Devil May Cry. I mean, compare this to, say, Dante jumping of the tower in DMC3. This trailer just looks tame by comparison.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 08:15   Link #196
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Twilight fangirls like the new Dante, I AM SHOCKED.

Bad god of war clone confirmed.
Mmm I don't think they are twilight fans, prob just girls that go for that look.
Old 2010-09-22, 08:18   Link #197
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There's nothing really wrong with the new design itself. I mean, let's face it, both new and old Dante are practically walking Yaoi-bait. No big difference there.

It's the change itself that's making people angry.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 08:58   Link #198
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Mmm I don't think they are twilight fans, prob just girls that go for that look.
Those girls like "Bad Boys" guys
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 11:04   Link #199
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
The thing is, DMC3 only explains the origins of the shop's name. They never really explain how Dante manages to set up the shop in the first place.
DmC is going to be a Business Management Simulator. In the trailer, he's going to the bank to take out a loan, but he must defend against hordes of demons along the way.

Spoiler for If only..:

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-09-22 at 11:52.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 13:45   Link #200
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Iam also not sure they can pull it off.
It's hard to do it with so many fans raging.
Also they said that they expected it.

So this is basically a reboot story on how young Dante wanted to get his hair white. LAME!
Actually, apparently someone mentioned that in Japan when children are possessed by demons or are demon spawns they will have natural white hair that cannot be disguised even with dye. Maybe Dante's demon powers slowly awaken in this game, or he always had problems with his identity hence he dyed his hair black (but you can see the whiteness seeping back in in the trailer).

Well there's actually a lot of potential with DmC's world, espeically when they have such a stylish character. To be honest you can still see some of Dante's "flare" in the trailer when he used that demon's eye to put out his cigarette.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote