Homucifer
Banned

guessing VN is now dead?
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:40   Link #342
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Last I heard from Kimidori, he's still working on the VN, but I haven't heard from him in awhile.

The problem remains a lack of an artist to handle scenes and OCs completely separate from the core PMMM narrative.

For a project like a fan-made VN, at least three key roles need to be filled - Programming (Kimidori), writing (me), and artwork (????). I looked around for artists on a few different sites (including this one itself), but to no avail.

Let me just say that if anybody has really enjoyed reading this fanfic, and is a reasonably good artist, we'd love to have you onboard and we'll make sure you get full credit for everything you draw for the VN. What we'd probably need is drawings for about 10 OCs (including OC witches) and a few distinct backgrounds (ex. the beach that Madoka and Mami go to in Mami Romance). H-scene drawing would be very nice, but I'd be willing to go without that if necessary.

Edit: One thing I should add is that for Mami Lives, the writing is done. One Mami route, one Sayaka route, and one Homura route is now finished. There's enough for a full-fledged VN, really, if we were to just go with Mami living in the VN no matter what. In other words, my job could be done. With an artist on-board, we could probably have a full-fledged VN up before Christmas.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-09-16 at 18:51.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 19:45   Link #343
Homucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Last I heard from Kimidori, he's still working on the VN, but I haven't heard from him in awhile.

The problem remains a lack of an artist to handle scenes and OCs completely separate from the core PMMM narrative.

For a project like a fan-made VN, at least three key roles need to be filled - Programming (Kimidori), writing (me), and artwork (????). I looked around for artists on a few different sites (including this one itself), but to no avail.

Let me just say that if anybody has really enjoyed reading this fanfic, and is a reasonably good artist, we'd love to have you onboard and we'll make sure you get full credit for everything you draw for the VN. What we'd probably need is drawings for about 10 OCs (including OC witches) and a few distinct backgrounds (ex. the beach that Madoka and Mami go to in Mami Romance). H-scene drawing would be very nice, but I'd be willing to go without that if necessary.

Edit: One thing I should add is that for Mami Lives, the writing is done. One Mami route, one Sayaka route, and one Homura route is now finished. There's enough for a full-fledged VN, really, if we were to just go with Mami living in the VN no matter what. In other words, my job could be done. With an artist on-board, we could probably have a full-fledged VN up before Christmas.
That would be one hell of a christmas present

And we can always get some generic backgrounds from google images and find some Madoka Yuri hentai CG's and recycle old spirites
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 12:00   Link #344
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

it not dead, I'm just working on it slowly, adding new chap and remaking the older chapters, the old VN have really bad transitioning and used low quality screenshot, which make it looked really bad and unpolished, I want to fix that.
Old 2013-10-12, 14:39   Link #345
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

one thing I would like to ask: do you want to have normal VN save system, i.e save anywhere, anytime you like, or continue to use the save at the end of the chapters like it is now?
Old 2013-10-13, 09:13   Link #346
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
one thing I would like to ask: do you want to have normal VN save system, i.e save anywhere, anytime you like, or continue to use the save at the end of the chapters like it is now?
My main goal right now is expediency. The sooner we can get a PPPL VN update up the better. So if it saves you work and time by going with the "end of chapter save system" lets stick with that. Besides, individual chapters probably aren't that long, especially by VN standards. I mean, even the longer chapters are probably about 30 minutes to a hour of reading at most (not 4 or more hours like some professional VN chapters can be).
Old 2013-10-13, 10:37   Link #347
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I want to know what you and others play the VN like more, as rewriting it will not take much time.

the most time-consuming part of the VN is graphic, as I have to extract the portrait sprite from the psp game, find whose sprite it is, then convert them to a normal image format, then assemble them to one sprite as they are split in parts, and there are like over 2000 sprite files in the psp game.
Old 2013-10-13, 11:11   Link #348
Triple_R
*Author

Well, I won't lie, being able to save at any point is a convenience. So put me down as one vote for being able to save at any point then.
Old 2013-10-14, 01:40   Link #349
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Either way is fine for me, to be honest. As Triple_R mentioned, none of the chapters are very long, and I think the highest amount of choices a chapter has had was three, so the ability to save anywhere isn't going to change a whole lot. On the other hand, the only reason for maintaining the current setup is added clarity on when chapters end, and I'd imagine a prompt could be kept at the end of them anyway if that's wanted.

But, if I have to make a vote, I suppose "save anywhere" works.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 21:39   Link #350
Virotox

Well now that I've completed the binge, i guess it's time to stalk you follow this thread and wait patiently.
Virotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 23:17   Link #351
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virotox View Post
Well now that I've completed the binge, i guess it's time to stalk you follow this thread and wait patiently.
Well, if you want to read more, I do have some H-scene content available for PMs. (I'm not putting them into this thread since this is a family-friendly site from what I understand.)

I'm happy that you enjoyed my writing enough to binge on it, lol.

But I'd like to know if there's a particular scene or two that you really liked. I'm also curious to know which route you liked the best.
Old 2013-10-21, 15:33   Link #352
Virotox

That sounds good. I'll try to pace myself this time.

As for favorite scenes, the Sayaka X Madoka ending is the best so far with Justice League intermission a close second. When Batman snickered I imagined the rest of them panicking and putting him in quarantine thinking he's under the influence of Joker's laugh toxin or something.
Old 2013-10-30, 00:35   Link #353
Truffle
Urobuchi's Prodigy Son
*IT Support

Hey Triple R,

First off, I discovered this thread about 3 days ago via the fanworks page on the Puella Magia Madoka Magica Wiki (The VN was on there), and I have really enjoyed it so far. My favorite endings/sequences is the SayakaXMadoka ending, and the MamaXMadoka Ending in which Sayaka kamikazes on Walpurgis Nux (Yes, it is actually Nux, just translated to night. Walpurgus also means witch's.) and they end up starting a justice league type thing and take advantage over the power resonances through sex.

I really enjoy your writing and find it lots of fun, and thank Kimidori for the great job on the VN so far. There are just 3 questions I have to ask. Question the first : In the first chapter Madoka dreams about all the magical girls including Kyouko. I have tried to look for a Kyouko romance branch but couldn't find it. Have I just missed it (If so how do I get to it)? Question the third : With the main story the canon route and the Homura/Sayaka alliance seems to trail off in chapter 13. Where are the other chapters? I looked through the whole thread and couldn't find them. It definitely said to be continued, but are they? Question the third : Could you please update the first post so that for newbies like me we don't have to go searching through the whole thread to find the episodes that are not linked there?

I know it sounds like I am demanding allot, and doesn't sound like I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this, but I really do, and I hope you understand that this is my favorite fanfic, choose your own adventure, and yuri dating sim (kinda) all in one. Keep up the good work, good luck for your future masterpieces, and looking forward to more!
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 00:49   Link #354
Truffle
Urobuchi's Prodigy Son
*IT Support

Btw, I like the Hitomi magical girl from a great unofficial Madoka comic 'Thanks Kyuubey'. Read it if you have time. I will try to link a picture of this version of Hitome with this post and a link to the english scans.

This is the english scan.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/thanks_kyuubey

This is a picture of hitomi in it.

http://www.donmai.us/posts/879779?pool_id=3104
Old 2013-10-31, 11:50   Link #355
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffle View Post

I really enjoy your writing and find it lots of fun, and thank Kimidori for the great job on the VN so far.
Thanks a lot for the feedback and support! It's great to know from you and Viirotox that people are still discovering and reading this fanfic/VN.

Quote:
There are just 3 questions I have to ask. Question the first : In the first chapter Madoka dreams about all the magical girls including Kyouko. I have tried to look for a Kyouko romance branch but couldn't find it. Have I just missed it (If so how do I get to it)?
It hasn't been written yet. The Mami Lives! side of the fanfic is completed, but the side that sticks closer to the canon narrative hasn't been completed yet.

I couldn't think of a plausible way for a Madoka/Kyouko romance to arise if Mami survives Charlotte, so I was going to have Madoka/Kyouko only happen on the major branch where Mami gets ate by Charlotte. But it hasn't been written yet.

Quote:
Question the third : With the main story the canon route and the Homura/Sayaka alliance seems to trail off in chapter 13. Where are the other chapters?
Unfortunately, they haven't been written yet. Homura/Sayaka Alliance turned into Magica Wars, which is still only one chapter done.

I might do more writing in the near future.

The good news is that I do have a basic plot outline planned out for everything that's left to be wrote. I've already seen the ending, as Keima Katsuragi would say.

Quote:
Question the third : Could you please update the first post so that for newbies like me we don't have to go searching through the whole thread to find the episodes that are not linked there?
I'll probably do some editing to the first post in the next few days.

Quote:
I know it sounds like I am demanding allot, and doesn't sound like I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this, but I really do, and I hope you understand that this is my favorite fanfic, choose your own adventure, and yuri dating sim (kinda) all in one. Keep up the good work, good luck for your future masterpieces, and looking forward to more!
Thanks a lot! Over on fanfiction.net, I go by the name Darth Joker. I have a few other Madoka Magica fanfics there if anybody is interested. One is a short and completed MadoSaya fic called "Taste The Rainbow" that fans of the Sayaka route in PPPL might enjoy.

Also, for anybody who really liked the Sayaka route, I would strongly recommend the Tiger and Bunny anime. I basically turned the two leads of that show into Sayaka's father and his best buddy.

Finally, thanks for sharing that good comedic comic! I went with Puella Magi Hitomi as a halberd-wielder since there was existing fanart of it that looked cool to me, and halberd vs. sword makes for a good fight.
Old 2013-10-31, 16:03   Link #356
Truffle
Urobuchi's Prodigy Son
*IT Support

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for replying so soon, and thanks for hearing me out! Looking forwards to reading your other MadoXSaya!
Old 2013-10-31, 17:48   Link #357
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
Thanks for replying so soon, and thanks for hearing me out! Looking forwards to reading your other MadoXSaya!
Because of how you and Virotox specified MadoXSaya route as your favorite, I was inspired to make a little something.

I've sometimes imagined what PPPL would look like as an actual anime. I even imagined what an OP for specific routes would be. Well, this is pretty close to what I picture the OP for the Mami Lives!, Sayaka Romance looking like.

Hope you guys like it! Song is from Rinne no Lagrange's 2nd OP. Subtitles are smaller than I had hoped, but hopefully they can still be read, lol.
Old 2013-11-01, 00:29   Link #358
Truffle
Urobuchi's Prodigy Son
*IT Support

Smile

This is really nice! I always liked the idea of a good MadoXSaya, but never found one, so I usually just stuck to SayakaXKyouko and MadokaXHomura, but I really like your fanfics with MadoXSaya (and the other relationships too!) Though I get most of the references in this fanfic, where is momo from the Mami route from? Btw, I am not sure if you are open to suggestions, but I came up with 2 places Kyouko could fit into Mami lives. 1 : Where Homura saves you and Mami for the second time in the Mami route, why not make it do that if you went to the arcade with Kyouko she saves you instead of Homura and you can choose to go out with her just like Mami. 2 : In the Madoka is alone route, why not make it so that she pops in and saves you from a familiar and progress from there? Thanks for your music video and listening to your fanbase Triple R!
Old 2013-11-01, 05:40   Link #359
Truffle
Urobuchi's Prodigy Son
*IT Support

Sorry. I realized my mistake with my previous point so just scrap or mix together the two ideas.
Old 2013-11-02, 00:30   Link #360
Virotox

TBH Madoka X Homura is my OTP. Unfortunately current Homura routs have some fine print attached (cheating on Mami or implied incoming shit storm).
The Sayaka rout was just really cute (MadoXSaya is now 2nd favorite pairing) and the emperor getting his butt kicked was REALLY satisfying.