AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-13, 06:05   Link #761
wao
OK.

Aw man, that's the worst news ever What a pity! What a terrible, terrible pity... yerk, they could have mentioned it earlier somewhere at least.

Thanks so much for the effort anyway - and great call on the magazine. I dearly hope it reaches him, I hope he's touched by it. And even better if he replies to your email address once he's free.

New opening animation huh, I wonder what it could be... but still. Well, better luck next time ors omething I guess. Hope the stuff gets to him! And thank you very much for going and making the effort anyway. It must have been a real blow.
Old 2007-04-16, 02:00   Link #762
Lost

Yep, thank you for going all that way; you are the one who really made the effort and spent the money. Glad you still enjoyed yourself despite the disappointment. I'm sorry to hear that Nagahama couldn't appear (hehe Mushishi S2 OP? Jk jk, I know it's improbable); but I'm glad you still gave him the present - hopefully it will reach him and touch him enough to reply with an email. He does sound like a nice person, so I'm sure he will take the effort to reply. (well, if it gets to him. >.<) Well, anyway, thanks again.

Back into the trenches, men. Dig in deep. It could be a long wait.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 06:12   Link #763
Hunter Nin.

I always forget about the licensed forum, but now that I'm here... Mushishi is a great anime
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 06:42   Link #764
Xeiros

July 31 can't come soon enough.
Old 2007-04-18, 00:12   Link #765
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey guys,

Thanks for your "cheer up" messages. While I was disappointed, there's no way that it prevented me from enjoying myself thoroughly. Besides, I'm sure he'll make another appearance somewhere along the line and then I'll have something to talk about when I see him.

But I'll tell you what, Sakura Con has the most amazing dances that I've ever seen at a con before. The rave scene is still going on up there, so they had about six different DJs. I didn't care for some of the crazier light stick music (not a fan of raves), but it was so refreshing to see so many anime geeks out on the dance floor! I mean, you'd never see so many people at Anime expo dancing because everyone is so self conscious about how they look, but it Seattle, no one cared if you looked a like an idiot because you were just out there dancing.
It was pretty funny because they'd form little junior high dance circles and watch certain people dance. The best was when the guy dressed as Mario was tearing it up because everyone was chanting "Mario, Mario!". So sweet.

And just like any other con, there were hotel parties. Me and my buddy went to one and proceeded to enjoy their alchohol and pretzels. It was really fun just talking and joking with fans who are from different places.
After the party, my friend and I'll wobbled back to the convention center and fell asleep on the cushioned seats next to the windows. When I woke up Easter morning, someone had put Easter eggs inside of our pockets. I was weirded out at first, but I got a Werther's Original, Reeses peanut butter cup and an A&W Root beer treat. I was very pleased.

SB-
SugarBosomCCAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 01:33   Link #766
Hunter Nin.

Wow that sounds awesome, glad it turned out well despite what happened.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 21:57   Link #767
kujoe
from head to heel

What a disappointing turn of events SugarBosomCCAC. Still, what's important is that you still enjoyed the trip overall. And it seems the trip wasn't a total waste after all at least, according to you. Thanks for making the effort anyway. We appreciate it.

It does make me wonder though, what Nagahama is working on now. Hmmm...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 01:32   Link #768
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey everyone:

After waiting since March 23rd, I finally received my Ginko Real Action Hero figure. I thought the picture were pretty impressive, but it's really nice just to get my hands on it and pose him. The way that his hands are shaped and the points of articulation are really something else. His accesories are ridiculously small. I must have dropped, lost and found each one of them at least once.

Anyway, this post wasn't just to boast, I was just looking for an excuse to post and bump this thread to the top.

SB-
SugarBosomCCAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 17:34   Link #769
YamiKaze

Well If anyone cares, I'll be attending Kumoricon this year and if all goes well I'm going to try to cosplay Ginko. Maybe I'll post some pictures of my costume for reviews or something as the time grows nearer and I get my hair cut properly. Anyway that is all I wanted to say =P
YamiKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 10:09   Link #770
Lost

Hehe, all the best with that endeavor. Will you be making the whole costume set from scratch? And, yes, post pictures; not only the costumes but yourself cosplaying (that's the whole point, right? )! We need something to liven this thread up.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 23:59   Link #771
YamiKaze

I will. I plan to make the version of his costume where he is wearing a black shirt rather then a white one, the clothing will be easy, the hair and the wooden backpack are what will be hard I think...I plan to spend about 3 months on the backpack hehe... Anyway the time til I'll be ready for a picture will be a while, I'm still growing my hair out =P
YamiKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 19:21   Link #772
gianna
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBosomCCAC View Post
Hey, does anyone intend on ordering the Mushishi art collection? I was thinking about it and wondered if I was the only one?
From Kodansha right I did have an order placed
They've made some interesting special items - I remember seeing this nice scroll up for auction - sold for quite a bit
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 19:07   Link #773
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Official art box for the R1 release is looking pretty awesome, and the wait until the first DVD is almost over!
Old 2007-07-03, 00:38   Link #774
Cal-Reflector

Someone over on the LJ Mushishi mentioned that he/she got to ask the Director of Mushishi at some recent anime convention about Ginko's modern outfit in an historic Japan, to which the Director replied. "I don't know."

On other unrelated news, I hear rumors that the English dub for Mushishi is quite good.

On more unrelated news. Mushishi volume 8 was released in Taiwan 2 days ago, and from my own observations was moving fairly briskly off the shelves. I got mine for 120NT minus 20% discount at a special location, so it comes down to 86NT, or a little less than $2.60 USD. I am well pleased.

On very related news, a new candidate has surfaced for Ginko's harem... I mean, future traveling companion, in another rain-related story in volume 8.

Spoiler for No, its not a man:
Old 2007-07-03, 09:39   Link #775
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Someone over on the LJ Mushishi mentioned that he/she got to ask the Director of Mushishi at some recent anime convention about Ginko's modern outfit in an historic Japan, to which the Director replied. "I don't know."
Haha.

Quote:
Spoiler for No, its not a man:
Spoiler:

Cal-Reflector: Could you scan a image of this new character?
Old 2007-07-03, 10:07   Link #776
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Haha.

Spoiler:

Cal-Reflector: Could you scan a image of this new character?
Sure, once I wake up in the morning. But you know, the big dark secret that's also the elephant in the room that no Mushishi fan ever wants to talk about is... they all look the same. There, I said it, Urushibara's characters look very identical, with minor variations in hair and clothing but little to none in facial features. They feel different though.
Old 2007-07-03, 13:15   Link #777
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Sure, once I wake up in the morning. But you know, the big dark secret that's also the elephant in the room that no Mushishi fan ever wants to talk about is... they all look the same. There, I said it, Urushibara's characters look very identical, with minor variations in hair and clothing but little to none in facial features. They feel different though.
Would you rather that they have pink, blue, and orange hair for easier differentiation? Or outrageous costumes that would raise a couple of eyebrows even at a cosplay convention? I've seen bigger elephants before, we're lucky that this one doesn't get in the way of a good story.

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Hmm, must be tough having no lubri-...

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 21:07   Link #778
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
Would you rather that they have pink, blue, and orange hair for easier differentiation? Or outrageous costumes that would raise a couple of eyebrows even at a cosplay convention? I've seen bigger elephants before, we're lucky that this one doesn't get in the way of a good story.

Hmm, must be tough having no lubri-...
Mmmmm... no. That would a bit odd, even in an alternate universe, if the Mushishi ladies turned Galaxy Angel.

And no.
Old 2007-07-04, 06:27   Link #779
Cal-Reflector

For Shiroth, scans of the new lady. I'll just put these out here cause really, you won't be able to tell much from them. With misleading and irresponsible interpretations by me.

Ginko: *Predatory look* "Hohum...! She's no Tanyuu, but I guess I'll stick around in this village a wee bit longer. Hehehe..."

Ginko: "Hi there, what a coincidence us running into each other again. Guess it must be fate. It's not as if I followed you around and staked out this spot in a remote part of the woods waiting for you; pure coincidence."

Ginko: "Oh crap, she's getting attached to me. Better do my reluctant hero's departure shpeel."
Old 2007-07-04, 06:51   Link #780
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks a lot Cal, no idea when i'll be reading this myself --- though at least now i know what i'm looking forward to. I especially like the last scan.

& lol, nice translation. :3

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural