AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 16 34.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 27.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 12.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-28, 22:02   Link #41
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
It was riki's dream,they all died with the explosion.(?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Actually there are theories that this happened, just like in Clannad.
I really, really doubt we're supposed to take either anime ending that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Yeah, we can totally take it like that.
Nah, I think it's a pretty crazy and overly morbid fan theory.

Quote:
The ending of the first 15 minutes was ambiguous enough. And Kyousuke in the 2nd half is too genki for all that have happened .
Maybe Kyousuke secretly fully healed up at his home before returning to school. Maybe he wanted to make a dramatic, flashy, fully healthy return. I could see a guy with his personality being like that.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-12-28 at 22:05. Reason: Adding in reply to BloodyKitty
Old 2013-12-28, 22:23   Link #42
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Maybe Kyousuke secretly fully healed up at his home before returning to school. Maybe he wanted to make a dramatic, flashy, fully healthy return. I could see a guy with his personality being like that.
Maybe very well so. Though I want to see some "changes beneath the surface" in Kyousuke's case. I mean, we could see the changes in Masato and Kengo in this ending. Masato expresses more of his maturity, while Kengo expresses his real nature of a goofy, silly guy who loves playing with his friend. So there is no reason if we can't see more of Kyousuke's different side after the accident, since he had the very important role in the grand scheme. Seeing him appearing exactly the same as before just feel a little bit unsatisfying. Maybe he really wants to continue to show his usual strong and happy persona to make an impression and not making his friends worried, or this is due to time constraint that we can't see more of the impact the accident and the dream world left behind on everyone, but I still want to see more of it, even just subtly.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-12-28, 22:23   Link #43
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
I really, really doubt we're supposed to take either anime ending that way.
I agree Doesn't stop others from making those crazy speculation theories.

Quote:
Maybe very well so. Though I want to see some "changes beneath the surface" in Kyousuke's case. I mean, we could see the changes in Masato and Kengo in this ending. Masato expresses more of his maturity, while Kengo expresses his real nature of a goofy, silly guy who loves playing with his friend. So there is no reason if we can't see more of Kyousuke's different side after the accident, since he had the very important role in the grand scheme. Seeing him appearing exactly the same as before just feel a little bit unsatisfying. Maybe he really wants to continue to show his usual strong and happy persona to make an impression and not making his friends worried, or this is due to time constraint that we can't see more of the impact the accident and the dream world left behind on everyone, but I still want to see more of it, even just subtly.
This is more reason for why I want a spin off game with him as the lead He is also in the top 10 favorite key characters. So why not!
Old 2013-12-28, 22:24   Link #44
GDB

Quote:
From what I got was that it took almost a year for him to come back. When Riki said it is autumn and then he said summer later on. So I know it must have been a long time. The back-flip was not needed though.
The repeated semester was May to June. They recovered over the summer, and it was now autumn.
Old 2013-12-28, 22:31   Link #45
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
This is more reason for why I want a spin off game with him as the lead He is also in the top 10 favorite key characters. So why not!
Yeah, I still remember him being the only male who made it in that poll

Though if there is another poll like that for all Key works, my hope would lie in Tennouji Kotarou to be another male to enter the top 10.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2013-12-28, 22:48   Link #46
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
If I was Kyousuke, I would feel... absolutely on top of the world. My wildest hope and dream has been achieved - A dream so audacious I dared not even imagine it could happen.

He wants to continue to show his usual strong and happy persona? I think he is strong and happy. He has every reason to be!

This is probably the most "protagonist triumphant!" ending I've seen since Christopher Reeve Superman, having soundly defeated General Zod, smiled widely while flying out to the sparkling Earth's horizon against the backdrop of the sun.

Kyousuke's happiness and flamboyance in this ending is, I think, 100% sincere and authentic. I know it would be for me.
Old 2013-12-28, 23:01   Link #47
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
If I was Kyousuke, I would feel... absolutely on top of the world. My wildest hope and dream has been achieved - A dream so audacious I dared not even imagine it could happen.

He wants to continue to show his usual strong and happy persona? I think he is strong and happy. He has every reason to be!

This is probably the most "protagonist triumphant!" ending I've seen since Christopher Reeve Superman, having soundly defeated General Zod, smiled widely while flying out to the sparkling Earth's horizon against the backdrop of the sun.

Kyousuke's happiness and flamboyance in this ending is, I think, 100% sincere and authentic. I know it would be for me.
I get it that Kyousuke has all the reasons to be extremely happy, but the way he expresses his genkiness in this episode just feel like how he was always like before? I can't say exactly what I want him to express more than his usual happiness, though, so I'm okay with this for now.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2013-12-28, 23:09   Link #48
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I get it that Kyousuke has all the reasons to be extremely happy, but the way he expresses his genkiness in this episode just feel like how he was like before? I can't say exactly what I want him to express more than his usual happiness, though, so I'm okay with this for now.
I suppose a big "RahRah!" speech addressing everything that has happened, and thanking everyone for their highly successful efforts, would have been nice. It is slightly odd that he's choosing to ignore the topic. Because it's a pretty big topic. And unlike most 800 lb elephants in the room, this one would actually be somewhat pleasant to talk about. For most people, I think.

But maybe Kyousuke is a guy that doesn't like to show himself crying. And he feels that if he addresses everything directly, he'll cry tears of joy. That interpretation of his character would be in-keeping with how he almost held out long enough to avoid crying tears of sadness a couple episodes ago.
Old 2013-12-29, 01:24   Link #49
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
You know what would've been a ballsy ending for Little Busters?

Spoiler:
Spoiler for more of the same:
Old 2013-12-29, 01:45   Link #50
waffler

screw this ending, they shouldve just used kurugayas true ending!!
Old 2013-12-29, 01:54   Link #51
IceKirby

I actually liked the VN ending more,since
Spoiler for VN Spoilers:

Despite that complaint, I enjoyed the anime and the ending so I can forgive that.
Spoiler for More VN reader rants:

Quote:
Maybe Kyousuke secretly fully healed up at his home before returning to school. Maybe he wanted to make a dramatic, flashy, fully healthy return. I could see a guy with his personality being like that. ;)
Something like that.
Spoiler for Really minor VN Spoilers (not that it matters that much now):

Last edited by IceKirby; 2013-12-29 at 10:24.
Old 2013-12-29, 04:56   Link #52
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:

Spoiler:
I'm thinking the same

well... I have to said this episode is above my expectation
I almost lose hope when I hear this is last episode since I feel previous episode isn't holding enough emotion
I feel little sad about that "hospital scene" that VN players blabbered about.. little curious (thanks Reckoner for telling me about the content)

I think Key's magic is working when Riki and Rin holds the resolve
In previous world, I think everyone are actually already died (I assume this because if they're still survived, Kyousuke and others won't do something like making new world for Riki and Rin)
but in the new world, everyone are survived but in critical condition... that's why they manage to save them including Kyousuke. In new world, the bonds between Riki and the girls are still remained so it's not small alteration from original world but completely new world that re-created by Riki and Rin.

If Kyousuke died, I think LB will have a better ending... this cheerful ending feels so wroonngg...
But even I won't have courage to let Kyousuke died... so this ending is the best way for Little Busters (all-cheerful ending like Clannad is also exist)

I enjoy this series but feels unfortunate due to amount of spoilers I get while watching this... I hope the EX episode would be better
and of course.... Rewrite needs anime... I promise I won't check spoilers this time
Old 2013-12-29, 07:06   Link #53
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler:
I have to admit the idea crossed my mind.

My more cynical side also thought "Wow, you guys are gutsy. Your last field-trip almost ended up in complete disaster, and yet you're all pumped to go on another road-trip?"

And if I was Riki, I might be scared of driving in vehicles by this point, lol.

(That could be the basis of a good sequel - Before Riki had to overcome Narcolepsy, now he has overcome a fear of driving in vehicles because of REALLLLY bad experiences with them )

Actually, between LB! and Angel Beats!, I wonder if Maeda himself was ever in a major vehicular accident. It's interesting that's been a key plot point in both of those shows (and for two plot points in LB!)

Quote:
I'm glad the Little Busters will continue being able to experience things together and deepen their friendships/life stories, and happy endings that I don't expect to come are always pretty powerful ones to me - I was completely sure that the school bus tragedy was unavoidable and that Riki and Rin were destined to just have to deal with it the best they can.
Agreed. That was definitely the vibe Refrain had been giving until the 2nd last episode (which is why, honestly, parts of Haak's review post on this thread, and some posts on the Episode 12 thread saying that this turn of events was "suspected", really makes me raise my eyebrows).

Spoiler for Implied Mai HiME spoiler, fairly big:

But they executed it really well. I find that the more I think about it, the more I can't help but admire what they pulled off here. They turned what seemed to be a certain and heavily foreshadowed BITTERsweet tragic ending into a total happy ending, and they managed to do it in a way that felt strangely natural and not like a total asspull.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-12-29 at 07:58.
Old 2013-12-29, 10:29   Link #54
MCAL

@Triple R
It was suspected because Key is well known for these kind of endings.
Old 2013-12-29, 10:45   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
@Triple R
It was suspected because Key is well known for these kind of endings.
Honestly, I felt this turn-around was much bigger than anything in previous Key anime.

Spoiler for Clannad, Kanon, Air and Angel Beats! comparisons, major spoilers for all:

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-12-29 at 11:00.
Old 2013-12-29, 11:17   Link #56
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Honestly, I felt this turn-around was much bigger than anything in previous Key anime.

Spoiler for Clannad, Kanon, Air and Angel Beats! comparisons, major spoilers for all:
Yes, going by the anime medium, Key doesn't have a clear pattern when they would go with the turn-around happy ending. It's just that Clannad and Kanon were more well-known than the rest, with that kind of ending being one of the debatable factors.

As for the visual novel medium...

Spoiler for spoilers for the nature of not-yet-animated Key works' endings:

I tend to appreciate it more when Key does ballsier endings, so that the lessons they want to carry on would be more meaningful.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2013-12-29, 12:43   Link #57
AP24

Excluding the EX routes, they adapted the whole thing in 3 cours. They probably could have done better if they had adapted it in 4 cours instead.

The main story is over but there are still the EX episodes. Kud Wafter might also get animated but it won't connect to the main series given how Refrain ended.

Also even if everyone remembers all their experience in the created world, some of them still hadn't had their issues resolved in the real world. Komari, Kurugaya and Mio's issues were with themselves so theirs were pretty much resolved already when they got back in the real world. But what about Haruka and Kud's issues which involved their families, had they been resolved in the real world?
Old 2013-12-29, 13:21   Link #58
Triple_R
*Author

Question - How many of the characters that we've seen in Little Busters! were their real selves?

For a key example, have we even met the real Kanata yet?
Old 2013-12-29, 14:41   Link #59
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Wink

Quote:

Just a reply
Spoiler for Kanon, AIR and Clannad spoilers:
Old 2013-12-29, 14:53   Link #60
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess that belongs to the QA thread? As in,, I'm not sure that can be answered here, even in spoilers.
Closed Thread