AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-08-27, 13:28   Link #1
bakato

Master of Skill / The King's Avatar / Quan Zhi Gao Shou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
In the multiplayer online game Glory, Ye Xiu is regarded as a textbook and a top-tier pro-player. However, due to a myriad reasons, he is kicked from the team. After leaving the pro scene, he finds work in an Internet Cafe as a manager. When Glory launches its tenth server, he throws himself in to the game once more. Possessing ten years of experience, the memories of his past, and an incomplete, self-made weapon, his return along the road to the summit begins!

After fighting and scheming, who snatched away my glory? Under the tossing of the wind and rain, my dreams shall appear as though they had never been shattered. In all its splendor, the path shall never be lost. Before the gazes of millions, this is where I return!

Christ. This isn't even an VRMMORPG and it looks better than it has a right to be.

Last edited by bakato; 2016-08-27 at 22:26.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 00:50   Link #2
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Episode animation was great though it felt like the door just disappeared when Su Mucheng barged in. xD I forgot how much of an angering move the way that whole story driving scenario happened.

Also dang, that server opening countdown I can't remember when was the last time an MMO brought that much hype in a net cafe.

But yeah Ye Qiu's feelings was transmitted pretty well, I do hope to see more of the in-game visualizations next episode.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 15:36   Link #3
bakato

Didn't even know this was airing. This is easily the best looking chinese anime so far. Unfortunately, the chinese is really killing it for me. Needs japanese dubs and fast.
Old 2017-04-08, 20:54   Link #4
bakato

Subs are out and damn I wish more people were following this. I wonder how far they'll get.
Old 2017-04-08, 22:44   Link #5
RobotCat
In a Box

THIS is the MMO anime I've been waiting for! Production values are really good for a Chinese production and it looks like its going to go way further than the manga.

Anyone know how many eps this is going to be?
Old 2017-04-09, 00:03   Link #6
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Subs are out and damn I wish more people were following this. I wonder how far they'll get.
It would be easier to watch if it was on CR.

This is a nice show. The animation is the best I've seen in a Chinese production.
Old 2017-04-12, 03:21   Link #7
Ferp

This was surprisingly good. Will probably follow this and just cope with the Chinese (I find it jarring).
Ferp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 02:21   Link #8
RobotCat
In a Box

Oh man, the dungeon time clear at the beginning of the episode totally gave me flashbacks of running a late game dungeon that's known to be really to be pretty hard with crazy aggro overlaps, only to have 2 random PUGs tell everyone to stay still while they go and use a bunch of terrain tricks to pull all the mobs and stack them in a corner for everyone else to blow up. My WTF face is pretty much the same as these guys.
Old 2017-04-17, 06:07   Link #9
Domonkazu

I don't know how it works in china, do they really hire people just like that, no background check or something?
Old 2017-04-17, 08:50   Link #10
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Tbh, I hope this continues being good. The novel is top quality... you can see it on my favorites list... but while this anime is great, I'm worried about them leaving out some of the better details you can only get as a novel reader. Well, for novel readers the anime is alright since we already know the details anyway.

It's fun, but the novel seems to be way better... at least that was my opinion on episode 1 lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 09:24   Link #11
Domonkazu

I like how the mc is stoic and level headed compared to the most shounen series, and his voice kinda fit him perfectly.
Old 2017-04-17, 09:34   Link #12
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
I like how the mc is stoic and level headed compared to the most shounen series, and his voice kinda fit him perfectly.
Well, he is almost 30. One of the real highlight developments is that he wasn't at all bothered or angry at his party for badmouthing him and even asked to join their party. Winning them over with his skills later. Truly the mark of an adult and professional.
Old 2017-04-27, 14:17   Link #13
Twi

This is pretty good. I only started watching after I saw a video put out by the Pedantic Romantic, and I can't say I regret it.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-04-27, 15:59   Link #14
bakato

LOL. Someone pointed out that the girl looked a lot like Asuna though I'd argue Su Mucheng is way hotter.

Disregard his criticism of Ye Xiu as moody, brooding, anti-social. Also, this isn't a story of revenge. This is the tale of a king climbing back on to his throne.
Old 2017-04-27, 16:06   Link #15
IceHism

I like Mucheng's design better just cause she has an adult body tbh. Speaking of female chars, I think this show needs more of them. Good thing they introduce Xiao Tang, hopefully she like joins his party or something so I can get more interactions. Also bring mucheng back into the story please.

I don't know why he thinks this is SAO though. This is a wuxia story wrapped around esports the anime.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 17:54   Link #16
Twi

Probably because it has a similar feel. It's one thing when we're viewing outside of the game, but when we see from avatar point of view it comes across as them being in the game ala Log Horizon or SAO, with fewer stakes. He's a master gamer and strategist who tempers his behavior and let his actions speak with his words, a combination of Kirito and Shiroe. He's cocky, sure, but he had the skills to back that up and never goes overt with it, same as the other two.

And on another note, what sort of class gives you a brick so that you can bean someone over the head with?
Old 2017-04-27, 19:40   Link #17
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I like Mucheng's design better just cause she has an adult body tbh. Speaking of female chars, I think this show needs more of them. Good thing they introduce Xiao Tang, hopefully she like joins his party or something so I can get more interactions. Also bring mucheng back into the story please.

I don't know why he thinks this is SAO though. This is a wuxia story wrapped around esports the anime.
Women are generally in short supply in e-sports.

Wuxia? I don't see any martial arts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Probably because it has a similar feel. It's one thing when we're viewing outside of the game, but when we see from avatar point of view it comes across as them being in the game ala Log Horizon or SAO, with fewer stakes. He's a master gamer and strategist who tempers his behavior and let his actions speak with his words, a combination of Kirito and Shiroe. He's cocky, sure, but he had the skills to back that up and never goes overt with it, same as the other two.

And on another note, what sort of class gives you a brick so that you can bean someone over the head with?
Cocky? What makes you say that? He's not boastful or arrogant.

He's a Brawler.
Old 2017-04-29, 10:47   Link #18
Twi

Fair enough. Thanks for the answer.

Anyway, new episode was funny. Drunk former teammate aside.
Old 2017-05-14, 20:12   Link #19
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this show is awesome. i particularly like how they're depicting chinese e-sports teams. as a follower of the dota2 scene, the set up they have is completely cancerous, as depicted in the first ep.

as much as i like Xiao Tang, i want more Mucheng!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 04:42   Link #20
RobotCat
In a Box

Someone actually made the MC's umbrella weapon, complete with all the transformations!