AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 05:13   Link #3181
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I have started playing Sakura Strasse from Pallet and I must say I have mixed feelings. I can't get myself to like the main prota as his selfishness at times is highly annoying, but the main girls are quite likeable (I love Marie).
Respect to the german parts in the title and characters
Still, even though it's called a high-romance story even in those parts tends to be drama hidden. I guess the fluffyiness of Mashiro-iro spoiled me as I missed those non-drama also in Hareten at times.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 09:32   Link #3182
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

SO, been playing Corona for a while, and it's quite decent so far. Done the first Murial and then Corona loop, and can't wait to get to Akane's and Eri's scene (I just finished onee-san's!)
Old 2012-01-25, 17:39   Link #3183
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I would love to see Crescendo get its own anime adaptation with omnibus format like Amagami SS. Too bad Digital Object already told us much earlier that none of their works will turn into anime, if the age its not a problem since its already a decade old in Japan.

Last edited by Kameruka; 2012-01-25 at 18:22.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 17:47   Link #3184
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I don't think "age" is always a problem, it took white album more than a decade to get an anime.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 09:46   Link #3185
velocity7

Though there may have been other factors that kept it from getting an anime until recently. Having said that, I didn't really watch it myself, but I would like to see WA2 get an anime.
Old 2012-01-26, 10:02   Link #3186
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Though there may have been other factors that kept it from getting an anime until recently. Having said that, I didn't really watch it myself, but I would like to see WA2 get an anime.
That's probably a little too soon, because WA2 came out 1 month ago.
But then again Hoshikaka got an anime adaption 6 months after it's release, so who knows?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 10:48   Link #3187
velocity7

Though I wonder how the format for WA2 would be like? There's a lot of content to get through, never mind side material that could end up being OVAs...
Old 2012-01-26, 17:40   Link #3188
Soviet

Quote:
Though I wonder how the format for WA2 would be like? There's a lot of content to get through, never mind side material that could end up being OVAs...
Introductory Chapter -> Setsuna route in Closing Chapter -> Kazusa true route in Coda. Should be possible with 26 episodes.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 11:52   Link #3189
velocity7

I'm actually thinking Setsuna true route in Coda... matches more with the themes of WA2 a lot more than Kazusa's.
Old 2012-01-27, 18:15   Link #3190
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I just started to play an old game "Family Project"... it's too long... I was shocked to see that after a couple of hours it says that as if I just played the introduction of the said game.... Huhuhu... I haven't finished a single route until now... a friend told me that it got at least 55+ choices to make....!!

For initial assessment, I find this game promising to be animated as well
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 20:01   Link #3191
Soviet

Quote:
I'm actually thinking Setsuna true route in Coda... matches more with the themes of WA2 a lot more than Kazusa's.
But it doesn't? Kazusa's route ends bittersweet with a sense that things have come full circle since IC, that epilogue was just amazing. Setsuna's route basically ignores the original love triangle, things just magically resolve nice and clean with everyone happy in the end, it's nothing like the rest of WA2. Seems more like an omake scenario to give Setsuna a happy ending because god knows that girl deserves one.
And since it's not a very exciting route it would make for a rather boring anime.
Old 2012-01-27, 20:51   Link #3192
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
But it doesn't? Kazusa's route ends bittersweet with a sense that things have come full circle since IC, that epilogue was just amazing. Setsuna's route basically ignores the original love triangle, things just magically resolve nice and clean with everyone happy in the end, it's nothing like the rest of WA2. Seems more like an omake scenario to give Setsuna a happy ending because god knows that girl deserves one.
And since it's not a very exciting route it would make for a rather boring anime.
Spoiler:

Last edited by velocity7; 2012-01-28 at 23:58.
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 11:11   Link #3193
Soviet

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-30, 19:25   Link #3194
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Kisaragi-GOLD★STAR~:

Spoiler for the game:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:42   Link #3195
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyone played Shikkoku no Sharnoth?
Old 2012-01-31, 13:09   Link #3196
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Anyone played Shikkoku no Sharnoth?
I have not played it but, a close friend of mine did and told me it was very good. Hope that helps.

I started to play Princess Evangeline though, at the moment, only for Chiho and Ritsuko.
Currently in chapter 8. So far the plot is really generic. However, characters are quite likeable for the most part which kind of compensates the lack of an intereting plot.
There is also comedy and those cute moments when the female characters show jealousy towards the main lead which I find quite entertaining.

It was this review that sparked my interest in the game. If you are interested you may want to read it.
Old 2012-01-31, 13:48   Link #3197
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
I have not played it but, a close friend of mine did and told me it was very good. Hope that helps.
Is it true the characters are like retardedly godly powerful....like KKK or Demonbane powerful?

I'll try it either way....
Old 2012-01-31, 16:41   Link #3198
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Caved and ordered the majikoi fandisc...

I'm seriously hoping it won't be a disappointment like koisora's.
Old 2012-01-31, 18:00   Link #3199
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Caved and ordered the majikoi fandisc...

I'm seriously hoping it won't be a disappointment like koisora's.
Depends on what you would consider disappointing.
Majikoi S is pretty much 90% kinky sex. I like me some Majikoi girls so I think it's great.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:48   Link #3200
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
I started to play Princess Evangeline though, at the moment, only for Chiho and Ritsuko.
Currently in chapter 8. So far the plot is really generic. However, characters are quite likeable for the most part which kind of compensates the lack of an intereting plot.
There is also comedy and those cute moments when the female characters show jealousy towards the main lead which I find quite entertaining.
I played it only for the CGs and characters . An interesting plot is for me only half-important and serves more as an (great) supplement. That being said, I was kinda sad that there was no Ririko route available. Yeah the silent jealousy with only "Nghhh" from the girls was always enjoyable

And I played a few games as usual:
1) Koisora Muyou: A few great music pieces and quite an likeable cast. I'm personally a Kayoko and Shizuna fanboy. The former route/dialgues felt overall more canonical and her "after story" in the non-fandisc gave a nice closure. Shizuna's had a lovely romance and warm story pre-drama. Oh yeah, the drama in the inidividual storys could have been left out. Gimme just my dang happy-happy time!
2) Sakura Strasse: Finally done with Marie's route. The subtitle of "Eine Liebesgeschichte in der Sakura Strasse" (A love story in Sakura street) was for Marie a bit too misleading. I hated the main lead in the first half of the game. And even post-confession you had too much BS and drama going on. Her ending + conclusion was lovely, but could have been done less painfully overall.
I'm wary in playing the other routes due to the steady drama waves >_<
3) With savegame: Nanatsu no Fushigi no owaru toki:
Done with Misaki, Elis, Fumi and the true route.
Spoiler for Above-mentioned routes:

4) 77 ~ and two stars meet again ~ : Yes, I have kinda a weak spot for Whirlpools VNs even though Suzukaze's True route was still the best handled in comparison to 77 and Lunaris Filia. I liked Lulu's route or generally the whole main story plot line of the "Destiny Tower". It had just a soothing and calm atmosphere .
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel