AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 06:40   Link #201
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
What chances does this title has next to Hellsing? It is a B-movie zombie flick without superpowers from what I can tell.
Quote:
That it will be an economic disaster?
Quote:
^ As I said, there already is Hellsing airing right now to cover the undead feat and Gantz to deal with the survival feat. Plus, HotD looks way too corny and simple, reminiscent of a dozen other titles, a thing of decades past.

I see nothing to begin a fad out of it.

Try to see it as a sequel to Romero movies or a side story of Resident Evil. Sequels and side stories suck by default. Even if it ain't one of the above, people will still do the parallel and probably lose interest right away.
Why are you comparing HOTD with Hellsing? First of all Hellsing & HOTD are two different shows with different themes.

Hellsing is about a immoral, monstrous vampire whose boss is a staunch Protestant who kills anyone who is against her religion, her country and Queen, a badass catholic priest whose boss is a vicious bishop who hates anything that isn't Catholic, a silent, honorable, werewolf who's a bodyguard to a War mongering Nazi and the three way war between the three sides. The theme of this series is just a giant Rule Of Cool, Free For All battle.

HOTD is about a group of Japanese Highschool students trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. The series theme is about how this group who are use to their ordinary lives as everyday, average Japanese must learn to survive in this new world, without sacrificing their morals.

Second of all, just because the anime has no superpowered heroes fighting monsters, don't assume it sucks and will fail. (Alucard can be considered sucks because he always the Boring Invincible Hero who never lose in his battles. Never!)

The fact the protagonists of this series are just ordinary people makes it more cooler since it shows you don't need superpowers to survive a zombie apocalypse and be a BadAss.

So before you say something sucks, do a little a research on that subject to see if it really sucks or is really cool.
Old 2010-04-09, 06:51   Link #202
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
*We put it down on the kids to survive again.
Only as far as the main group is concerned. The best thing about HSOTD is how it actually features some competence among military and law enforcement elements, i.e. them being able to survive past the first few days of a zombie apocalypse instead of being the ineffective rabble they're made out to be in many titles. I believe World War Z was mentioned in a post above, and yes it's a very applicable comparison to HSOTD.

Or many I just liked the fact that they actually featured zombies getting utterly decimated by an attack helicopter

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 08:32   Link #203
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
And people had thrown a hissy fit at me when I suggested to check a sample of the original work before dickslapping with their unreasonable expectations and biases. That guy's posts in the former page just makes me go "I told you". Also, comparing two completely different subgenres of the horror genre = lol
Old 2010-04-13, 10:22   Link #204
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I would like that the opening will be performed by the group of J-Rock Oldcodex telling to Madhouse.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 13:25   Link #205
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Knowing the director, it's very likely Maximum The Hormone again. (like the second half of Deaht Note, and Kurozuka)
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 10:00   Link #206
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Lightbulb Highschool of the Dead opening

I found what looks more like Tokyo Majin (but with zombies, not demons like this series), so the opening will be sung by J-rock band OLDCODEX is more focused on ACID (which interprets Tokyo Majin themes) than Maximun the Hormone .

But for that which does not know, OLDCODEX is a J-Rock Band worked for Glory Heaven (of Lantis) which is composed by :
-Tatsuhisa Suzuki, nicknamed as Ta-2 when he work for OLDCODEX band (vocal)
-R.O.N (guitar)
-YoHsKE, nicknamed YorKE by Ta-2 (guitar)
-sae (Drums)

The style is more focused in the other J-Rock bands, such as ACID (Tokyo Majin), GRANRODEO (IGPX, Needless) and BACK-ON (Eyeshield 21, Air Gear, Murder Princess) and many more like Nightmare (Death Note, Claymore, Neuro, Moryou no Hako)...etc.

On Youtube, listen 6 OLDCODEX songs such as cresc., AWKWARD, ignite, unfinished, mono frontier and brace yourself.

On Myspace OLDCODEX official site, listen 2 of 3 new OLDCODEX (I don't find prayer, sorry) such as blue and sad day in the sunlight.

I hope than OLDCODEX glue the image of the opening song of Highschool of the Dead.

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2010-04-14 at 10:14.
Old 2010-04-14, 13:16   Link #207
solomon

music tie in will likely be tied to conglomerate who funded the show. Until we know that, it's just shot in the dark speculation.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 13:02   Link #208
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

HOTD is very compared to Tokko, Zombie Loan and Chaos;Head.
Old 2010-04-17, 13:24   Link #209
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

In the latest scanlated manga chapter, it is mentioned that the anime will start in July.

Has this been confirmed elsewhere?
Old 2010-04-17, 13:26   Link #210
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
HOTD is very compared to Tokko, Zombie Loan and Chaos;Head.
Very what?
Old 2010-04-17, 14:41   Link #211
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Very what?
Yes. Tokko for the gore style but not more (it this a shounen but Tokko is a seinen), Zombie Loan for zombies alongside and Chaos;Head as a survival harem.
Old 2010-04-17, 23:22   Link #212
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Very what?
very .. similar?
very.. different?
very.. good?
very.. (insert text here and win a kitty!)

IMHO, HSotD is very different in any one of them .. its like comparing.. grapes and jackfruit (screw apples and orange comparison - the difference between this title and those 3 are super duper huge)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 10:42   Link #213
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

HOTD is very Tokko-like (with a touch of gore, girls, without powers and many more) ?
Old 2010-04-18, 13:24   Link #214
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Well, no, it's quite unlike Tokko. The closest comparison would be average highschool comedy/drama thrown in the zombie apocalypse subgenre.
Old 2010-04-18, 13:41   Link #215
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yep with ecchis/fanservice .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 15:22   Link #216
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yep with ecchis/fanservice .
Alright, both kinds of fanservice, boobs/panties and gun pron.
Old 2010-04-19, 12:58   Link #217
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I like Oldcodex but I very hope if they produce a new single to make HOTD opening (Oldcodex first single blue is released late month).
Old 2010-04-21, 15:47   Link #218
Jarmel

Going off the assumption that the series is 13 episodes, what will be the ending point? Nothing in the manga series right now jumps off as a good conclusion unless they go for an anime original ending.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 22:03   Link #219
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Going off the assumption that the series is 13 episodes, what will be the ending point? Nothing in the manga series right now jumps off as a good conclusion unless they go for an anime original ending.
Let us keep in mind that this is the anime thread, not the manga one. To start discussing about an ending point in particular would just be an invitation to spoilers.
Old 2010-04-22, 02:07   Link #220
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

SPOILERS!

anime thread peoples.. ANIME ONLY!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse