AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 36 Rating
Perfect 10 90 71.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 25.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 1.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-21, 10:23   Link #61
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
I wish they would make it a dual ending to satisfy both sides
I cant agree more. Another ending would be so nice. There are many reasons i didnt like ending. Not only just because who won and who lost . Many more reasons why the ending sucked.
Old 2007-06-21, 12:23   Link #62
Ban_Mido

Preview Death Note 37 : Why Light would tell to Near that he is Kira? I think that he said it before everyone die (like Misora Naomi, Raye Penber).
Old 2007-06-21, 16:08   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Death Note since the start has been a 100% adaptation of the manga with added scenes here and there. Changing the ending would be pointless & a stupid move.
Old 2007-06-21, 16:08   Link #64
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
DAmn it what's wrong with Light? Why cant he just wait for the 40 sec to finish? He is virtually declaring he is kira which is what near wants. Why does he recklessly put his neck out like that? Shouldnt light have even thought of what will happen if something goes wrong?
This is the climax of his career! Everything he's been planning for all these years comes to fruition in just 40sec! I don't know about you, but i'm surprised he was able to contain himself for even that long! How could he possibly miss the chance to let all his allies know that everything they did in the Kira group was for naught? Let Near and the SPK know that they were utterly defeated? To Light, victory was assured and there was nothing Near or anyone could do to stop him!

"Victory is mine!"
Old 2007-06-21, 16:14   Link #65
Ryuk

I wonder why Light did not make Mikami write one page ahead, he should have seen this coming by Near's frequent date checking..... screw this shit I'm not watching ep 37. Light sure has made some mistakes, but come on, this one was really stupid!
Old 2007-06-21, 16:35   Link #66
UnknownSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
I wonder why Light did not make Mikami write one page ahead, he should have seen this coming by Near's frequent date checking..... screw this shit I'm not watching ep 37. Light sure has made some mistakes, but come on, this one was really stupid!
I'm tempted to not watch it as well. I'm happy with the series ending as Light declares victory, as compared to the most likely ending we're going to receive next week.
Old 2007-06-21, 18:13   Link #67
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream View Post
This is the climax of his career! Everything he's been planning for all these years comes to fruition in just 40sec! I don't know about you, but i'm surprised he was able to contain himself for even that long! How could he possibly miss the chance to let all his allies know that everything they did in the Kira group was for naught? Let Near and the SPK know that they were utterly defeated? To Light, victory was assured and there was nothing Near or anyone could do to stop him!

"Victory is mine!"
I if was light i would be sreaming 'BUHHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU PEOPLE A P*E*C* of SH*T!!!. I WON!!!'

I guess he got a lot of self control
Old 2007-06-21, 20:02   Link #68
Rem and Ryuk

Anyone else see the supreme IRONY in Light's reaction to Near's flaw? He said "L would have tested the note to see if it was real" Light should have instructed Mikami to do the same! After Near tempered with the notebook, he should have written a name on a page to see if that person died, then if he did, save that page for Near and co's names. That way there's just no chance of mistakes being made.
Old 2007-06-21, 20:12   Link #69
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem and Ryuk View Post
Anyone else see the supreme IRONY in Light's reaction to Near's flaw? He said "L would have tested the note to see if it was real" Light should have instructed Mikami to do the same! After Near tempered with the notebook, he should have written a name on a page to see if that person died, then if he did, save that page for Near and co's names. That way there's just no chance of mistakes being made.
or he could have went with nears plan and tell mikami his real name and write it in the note and it doesnt work(cuz it the page was replaced. It will prove him 99% that his not kira.Mikami gets killed and dies happily cuz he saw GOD xd
Old 2007-06-21, 21:52   Link #70
digitalmaster287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem and Ryuk View Post
Yeah, that was really stupid on Light's part. It's obvious that the Death Note is not the real one, otherwise they could have just ended the series here with some minor adjustments. The preview even shows the people are still alive. Light has gotten away with a LOT of carelessness over the course of the series, but if he loses, he would deserve it for his lack of awareness.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:04   Link #71
karumofin

the ep was somewhat exciting, naturally, but im really glad the series is over, the last few episodes have been extremly dull and thie whole mess is barely held together by anything... the plot is a mess, the characters are an even rgeater mess, everything is inconsistent und full of problematic plotholes.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:40   Link #72
Cooler1339

If light loses to N im gonna be pissed. All signs point to him losing, but if he loses to anyone it should have been L. Near is a crappy character and so is Mello. Im sure there are plenty more Light fans out there than N fans.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:53   Link #73
Renchan

Oh God.. this episode so freaking awesome!

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-06-21 at 23:32. Reason: removed potential spoiler
Old 2007-06-21, 22:57   Link #74
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
I if was light i would be sreaming 'BUHHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU PEOPLE A P*E*C* of SH*T!!!. I WON!!!'

I guess he got a lot of self control
Exactly, I would have had my camera phone out taking pics of their faces after they found out they were gonna die.
Old 2007-06-21, 23:25   Link #75
philmein

Seems like everyone is going to hate the ending.
Old 2007-06-21, 23:25   Link #76
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
This is one of the best of all the episodes my heart was racing so fast!
Old 2007-06-22, 00:15   Link #77
Ned Fletcher

I have to agree with what some others have said in that they are not going to watch episode 37. If I can keep myself away I am going to have to do the same, I have not read the manga but I feel fairly secure in my idea of who is going to win the face off. And I do not like my predicted outcome.

Spoiler for Spoiler I guess?:
Old 2007-06-22, 01:47   Link #78
kboykb

Mikami is the perfect representation of awesomeness, I was crying laughing at that scene.. especially the part where Near is telling everyone to calm down and you can hear him in the background saying eliminate.

I hate the series is coming to an end, really hope there's another A-class anime at there after this.

11 / 10
Old 2007-06-22, 02:16   Link #79
falling_amatsubu

Send a message via AIM to falling_amatsubu
this show was just simply amazing
GAH! im also hesitating in watching ep. 37...
but whatever happens, this is still one of the best manga turned anime series i probably will ever see

ps. where ryuk? MIA
Old 2007-06-22, 03:21   Link #80
ItachiGT
Banned

Who are the two, that voted 5/10 and 6/10 ?!! Baka............. !!!
Closed Thread