AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-08-06, 19:29   Link #2401
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
http://soundcloud.com/bsmoked/houkag...-cover/s-culuT

Progress with the band cover

Bass and my guitar isn't final. I suck because I just wanted to get something thrown together for you lot haha
Old 2012-08-06, 22:05   Link #2402
blackflyerzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmokeDawg View Post

OMG!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
blackflyerzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 19:55   Link #2403
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Thread's a little quiet again, so here's some content:

http://soundcloud.com/bsmoked/unmei-...ss-ending-solo

My recording quality has gotten even better now that I've managed to get myself an audio Interface (A Line 6 UX2). It sounds so much better than just plugging it into my PC. The quality is excellent and it sounds so full and there's no interference

Also I just realised I've been here for over a year... it's gone REALLY fast, it feels like it was yesterday haha
Old 2012-08-12, 03:01   Link #2404
mus1ng

Hi guys, I don't know if anyone already did it, but I've managed to cut vocals, guitars, bass and keyboards by phase reversing official backtracks, so here is go go maniac with vocals and without both guitars. It's not perfect, but works for me. Tell me if you want a tutorial on how to make backtracks. http://puu.sh/QWSq
mus1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 19:59   Link #2405
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Thread's a little quiet again, so here's some content:

http://soundcloud.com/bsmoked/unmei-...ss-ending-solo

My recording quality has gotten even better now that I've managed to get myself an audio Interface (A Line 6 UX2). It sounds so much better than just plugging it into my PC. The quality is excellent and it sounds so full and there's no interference

Also I just realised I've been here for over a year... it's gone REALLY fast, it feels like it was yesterday haha
Yeah dude. It does sound a lot better... May I ask, how do you shape the tone? I mean, what do you use? Do you use those amp sim software, or did the sound came directly from your amp?

I haven't really touched my guitar since my last cover (Guitar Ni Kubittake), I left it at home, locked up in my closet (I wonder how it is now?). This is gonna send me back at least a couple of months...

Just passing by...

P.S. Hey I've been in the forums for 2 years... wow... (My very first post here was 2 years old, yesterday(and was my very first post in ANY forum. I was searching for tabs... (Thanks to those, I got a little something to show off to my friends)... Man I sound very desperate way back then...

Last edited by LightMusicBand; 2012-08-16 at 20:28.
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 02:54   Link #2406
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
Yeah dude. It does sound a lot better... May I ask, how do you shape the tone? I mean, what do you use? Do you use those amp sim software, or did the sound came directly from your amp?
It's all from the Line 6 POD Farm software that came with the interface (unless he's just using the interface with Garage Band, which has its own pre-sets).

Not that I have been covering any K-On songs recently (the last time was back in 2010, with a guitar cover of "NO Thank You!"), but I've had to record a cover and an original bass line as part of a pre-audition audition for a death metal band, and the Line 6 POD Farm software, when combined with Garage Band, worked wonderfully.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 07:02   Link #2407
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
It's all from the Line 6 POD Farm software that came with the interface (unless he's just using the interface with Garage Band, which has its own pre-sets).
Nope, it's not.

I use a Fender Mustang into my Blackstar HT-5R Ministack. I run the emulated output from the am (lineout) into the interface, and the interface into Reaper to record. No simulator software.

I get my tone by just messing around with my EQ and gain. My current amp is very simple, just two channels, and an EQ, gain and a tone knob.

I just use the interface because it makes the overall recording sound much better :P
Old 2012-08-17, 12:03   Link #2408
freshoutofthepan

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but I was just searching randomly and happened to come across this site: http://guitarlist.net/bandscore/k-on.html

Quite awesome, they have the band scores of each individual instrument, and you can mix whatever instruments you want in, mute them or whatever, PLUS, it sounds bloody awesome. Just let it load for a bit after you click it, it might take a while.
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 04:54   Link #2409
chubi23

you guys still doing the band cover collaboration?

in case you'll be in need of a bassist, just drop me a message... i've pretty much played most of the k-on songs... though i've already deleted all my youtube covers due to copyright issues

thanks
Old 2012-09-02, 12:23   Link #2410
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
Hmm...not sure about Youtube's standards. Now I'm wondering why all my videos are still fine.
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 18:27   Link #2411
trenton_dawn
Silt

Finally got a decent recording setup going on. Should have a rough draft of the cover by tomorrow!
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:16   Link #2412
Blossom550

did my first cover but i messed up a little bit
Blossom550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 18:42   Link #2413
S332666460

Just wanted to drop by again and say that I havent been practising at all for the part so If someone wants to take my place then they can go right ahead, sorry for making you guys wait just to be let down but thanks so much for the opportunity
S332666460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 19:17   Link #2414
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Oh wow, I totally forgot about the cover lol... I've been so busy working on my EP that I forgot to even record my part. Gah. I did just buy my own bass though (pic - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2xi-ljCYAAaUau.jpg:large) but it'd be nice to have someone else do it.

So yeah, no worries S332666460 Thanks for letting me know!

There's now a slot for a bassist if anyone's interested.

Any word from Trenton on the drum part?
Old 2012-09-16, 12:44   Link #2415
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Uh... not to be pushy or anything, but I had mine done in May and it's now September. I really don't think that a cover should take 4 months even if it has 5 people recording individual parts. In my opinion, it could have been done within two weeks minimum up to about a month, even if you were just learning the song from scratch.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 14:50   Link #2416
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Indeed, but delays and things can't be helped really (we've had an abundance of them haha) Sure, we could've gotten the cover done in 2 weeks (Which is what I was expecting) But things have popped up along the way.

It sucks it's taken so long, but I'm sure that we'll get this sorted eventually.
Old 2012-09-16, 20:59   Link #2417
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Aw... So you're in need of a bassist?
Well, if you had a vacancy, say, early June to Late July, I could have applied, because I had my friend's bass back then (something to take my mind off of my guitar, which I left at home). Had a lot of fun with that, and it was hard on me when I returned it as well...

Well, good luck with the project guys... hope you get it done soon...
Old 2012-09-17, 06:12   Link #2418
chubi23

Quote:
Oh wow, I totally forgot about the cover lol... I've been so busy working on my EP that I forgot to even record my part. Gah. I did just buy my own bass though (pic - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2xi-ljCYAAaUau.jpg:large) but it'd be nice to have someone else do it.

So yeah, no worries S332666460 Thanks for letting me know!

There's now a slot for a bassist if anyone's interested.

Any word from Trenton on the drum part?

i can fill in... what's going to be the song?
Old 2012-09-17, 08:01   Link #2419
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubi23 View Post
i can fill in... what's going to be the song?
Houkago Tea Time
Old 2012-09-17, 08:05   Link #2420
chubi23

Quote:
Houkago Tea Time

i already deleted my solo track for this cover:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....77737662237642

give me till this weekend to re-do the cover D: