AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 11:53   Link #541
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Hmm... I don't feel like searching the manga, but here's something from the novels

Spoiler for TAMNI Vol.8:

There are further mentions of the 11th dimension in that volume. You can go see for yourself.

If you're still dissatisfied I can search the manga. I could swear Kuroko mentions it somewhere.
That still fits in with M-Theory because it does not explicitly state that the dimension is what is used for the movement. It could be that the coordinates of an object's current position and destination need to be fully comprehended in an 11th dimensional plane in order to utilize the Super-positioning effect.

Quote:
I can't say I'm an physics expert, but wasn't the whole problem with quantum mechanics that it could not explain everything?

Which is the reason of the constant search for a different theory that can, being the M-theory, strings and superstring attempts at doing just that.
The problem is that right now we don't have the knowledge or technology to resolve the differences between the two but Quantum physics would need to be able to explain everything because everything, at its base level, is quanta.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:16   Link #542
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
That still fits in with M-Theory because it does not explicitly state that the dimension is what is used for the movement. It could be that the coordinates of an object's current position and destination need to be fully comprehended in an 11th dimensional plane in order to utilize the Super-positioning effect.
I see... that's interesting indeed, even though it squeezes through the words . I'll leave it at that then.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:22   Link #543
Dyingbreath

Quote:
I see... that's interesting indeed, even though it squeezes through the words . I'll leave it at that then.
Yay! I won an argument on the internet, where's my prize?

Joking aside I do have a fairly serious question about Kuroko dealing with a whole other topic. What's her motivation?Throughout the whole series she seems to act so passionate but without any reason behind it. Even though she's a main character in Railgun she gets the least amount of development. even eyebrow girl got more development and motivation than she did.
She's inherently an awesome character with a surface personality that makes her fun to watch so its forgivable but behind that there isn't much is there.
I guess it's the realm of fanfictions to give her that (too bad there aren't many with her in them, though A Certain Destined Introduction is good and there's also The Ace, The Queen, and The Two of Hearts ((which, luckily, are two of the longest on FF.net which earns some merit)) so there aren't zero) but I feel like the show and manga should expand on it too.
Old 2013-03-31, 18:59   Link #544
leukrota

I can make some guesses based on her personality and the background we do have, but going beyond speculation is not possible at the present.

A general problem Kamachi faces is that he makes too many cool characters and then he just leaves them around without much develpment due to a lack of space to do so.

The Railgun manga is still not as saturated as the novels, but I can see it going out of control if he's not careful. There are already interesting characters discarded, like Kurotaba.

Of course, as you said, with Kuroko being a "main" there we could expect better development for her, it's just... not her time to shine yet I guess...
Old 2013-03-31, 20:34   Link #545
Dyingbreath

Quote:
I can make some guesses based on her personality and the background we do have, but going beyond speculation is not possible at the present.

A general problem Kamachi faces is that he makes too many cool characters and then he just leaves them around without much develpment due to a lack of space to do so.

The Railgun manga is still not as saturated as the novels, but I can see it going out of control if he's not careful. There are already interesting characters discarded, like Kurotaba.

Of course, as you said, with Kuroko being a "main" there we could expect better development for her, it's just... not her time to shine yet I guess...
Yeah, but the point is that even in the background episode thing with her and that bank robbery it was more Uiharu's development than Kuroko's.
Look at the two biggest aspects of Kuroko's character: Her love of Misaka and her work at Judgment. Now look at the manga and the books and the show and tell me one place where any reason exists for why those are such big parts of her life.
That's what I really like about A Certain Destined Introduction, it explains how she developed her love for Misaka and gave her some much needed development.
I understand a lot of characters are thrown aside but she is a main character of the side series and yet not a single episode is dedicated to giving her any sort of background or development. The closest is the second episode but that was too mired in her perverted antics to display any sort of growth.
Old 2013-04-01, 15:02   Link #546
leukrota

You know, I just remembered hearing that Kamachi originally intended to make the Railgun manga about Kuroko but then changed his mind.

If that's the case, there might be a good chance of him having something cool about her in his mind that he has yet to show us.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:19   Link #547
Dyingbreath

Quote:
You know, I just remembered hearing that Kamachi originally intended to make the Railgun manga about Kuroko but then changed his mind.

If that's the case, there might be a good chance of him having something cool about her in his mind that he has yet to show us.
I hope so.
By the way, do you know of any good fanfics with Kuroko in them?
Old 2013-04-01, 20:52   Link #548
leukrota

I don't read fanfics, almost never anyway.

But feel free to ask in the fanfiction thread
Old 2013-04-09, 12:17   Link #549
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Well, as far I know, Kuroko has at her disposal some teleportation-based "weaponry" she hasn't tapped, like the instantaneous removal of a sizable column of air -- which rushes in to fill the "void" pretty loudly (can you say thunderclap?) Depending how much volume she could move, such can at least stun nearby adversaries, and maybe even produce the explosive impact of a grenade. (this should naturally happen anyway when her bod's air displacement pops out -- at least make a bang -- a series oversight)

Thanks to a SF Blog I got a heads-up confirmation that this phenomena is displayed in the "Rescue at New Caprica" episode of Battlestar Galactica when the battlestar "jumps" in and out of a planet's atmosphere, creating massive thunder and hail explosions in the process, so Kuroko's mass/volume "jumping" so ought be doing this almost on a grenade-explosion force level according the fans there. It's also mentioned in the series that the Galactica wouldn't merge within a planet's solid rock (but can get trapped within rock) due jump misnavigation because some kind of force "shell" explodes outward from the interdimensional appearance points that blows anything material asides. By this Kuroko can teleport anywhere with impunity in terms of not accidentally materializing inside anything solid. What happens the moment after transport is a different matter.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:24   Link #550
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Thanks to a SF Blog I got a heads-up confirmation that this phenomena is displayed in the "Rescue at New Caprica" episode of Battlestar Galactica when the battlestar "jumps" in and out of a planet's atmosphere, creating massive thunder and hail explosions in the process, so Kuroko's mass/volume "jumping" so ought be doing this almost on a grenade-explosion force level according the fans there. It's also mentioned in the series that the Galactica wouldn't merge within a planet's solid rock (but can get trapped within rock) due jump misnavigation because some kind of force "shell" explodes outward from the interdimensional appearance points that blows anything material asides. By this Kuroko can teleport anywhere with impunity in terms of not accidentally materializing inside anything solid. What happens the moment after transport is a different matter.
Depending on the method...
If you subscribe to my Quantum Super-positioning theory then yes and no (she could teleport anywhere with impunity but it wouldn't create an explosion). If you go for 11th dimensional movement then no. If you subscribe to some other idea then... well it depends on the theory.
Old 2013-06-28, 02:23   Link #551
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Is it hypocritical to support gay rights but find Kuroko funny?

At a confused quandary.

I fully and openly support gay marriage and rights, and point in fact have several close gay friends, amongst the most intelligent, loving and kind human beings I have the honor of knowing.

And Shirai Kuroko-chan is my favourite character of "Railgun" (Kaori for Index, but that's another story) for being the cutest AND hottest JC Staff Badass Cutie ever!

But I always have an unease laughing out loud at her more immature antics, as those are unapologetically distorted negative stereotypes of gay love. Yet she is just so darned cute I can't help but love her still!

So I wonder:
Is it hypocritical to support gay rights but love Kuroko-chan and find her funny, when her comedic moments are clearly negative gay stereotypes?
Old 2013-06-28, 02:49   Link #552
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kuroko isn't gay- She's Misaka-sexual.

If Mikoto was a guy she'll still go crazy over him
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 08:04   Link #553
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If Mikoto was a guy she'll still go crazy over him
Does anyone know whether there's any potential or power in the Railgun universe to permit this, even if very temporarily? There're no transformational or shapeshifting abilities to exploit in Railgun to allow a fun peek at guy-Mikoto it seems.
Old 2013-06-28, 10:49   Link #554
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

If you mean by "Railgun universe" you mean the Raildex universe then yes there are abilities that allow people to change shape and even gender, but that's all magic-side stuff so it will never be tested out with Kuroko and Misaka ( it's a spoiler to Index LN readers ).

Chaos is right though apparently, she actually is just Misaka-sexual, it says as much in the manga. The detail itself is a non-spoiler, but the circumstances around the situation are, so I won't say anything else.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:20   Link #555
Draco Spirit

Kuroko a interesting character really. She's capable of being very professional, is motivated and clearly does care a great deal about Mikoto... through she does seem to have a head full of lust too!

It be interesting to see if she can grow past the "must touch" stage and start to realize the way to Mikoto's heart is not through her underwear draw!

On a different note, who thinks a story were Touma has to pretend to be Kuroko's "boyfriend" would be ripe for comedy gold?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 11:03   Link #556
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Recently, I decided to combine my love of Kuroko-chan AND my newfound love of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, and came up with this little-old fanart.

Not too dreadful, I hope?

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2013-08-03 at 11:41.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 06:28   Link #557
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

If Kuroko becomes an "nice" Assassin. i would praise the author
Old 2013-09-24, 20:16   Link #558
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I like her for her strange accent, does anyone know where it's from?
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 03:32   Link #559
Draco Spirit

Long story short, its a upper-class accent overdone, I think there a more detail explanation earlier in this thread.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 04:15   Link #560
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Long story short, its a upper-class accent overdone, I think there a more detail explanation earlier in this thread.
Thanks for that hint, unfortunately a thread skim didn't really turn up anything or it's deleted. When I get a chance I will but Sunset might like to check ANN for Kuroko's character profile.